Just a thought

dombath

Prowler
Society
Viral
Just a thought.

Would it be possible to have more of the hunting missions recorded via points instead of count.
Or at the least an option.

By count only encourages slaughtering of youngs on mass. With with little point lookin for higher maturities.

Or is there something im missing?

The original iron missions used kill-counts (ie same point value regardless of maturity killed)
The newer ones now use kill-points (ie points/kill vary with mob maturity)

The only one that has so far been changed from kill-counts to kill-points is the Cornundacauda one, and there are still unresolved issues with that.

Just a thought.

Would it be possible to have more of the hunting missions recorded via points instead of count.
Or at the least an option.

By count only encourages slaughtering of youngs on mass. With with little point lookin for higher maturities.

Or is there something im missing?

From what we have seen, several missions have been changed from kills to point. My guess is that they will keep converting them.

The recently changed the Cornundacauda mission to killpoints instead of kills.

Not sure if they are planning to do so with more or all of the missions though.

Edit: e-lite was faster than me... :)

/Andy

The Daikiba/Shinkiba mission was changed from kills to points when all of the mission rewards were "rebalanced" a while back. That and the Cornundacauda one are the only ones that have been changed, up to now.

I have mixed feelings about changing more of them. On one hand, as someone who's already completed most of the kills missions I'd feel somewhat aggrieved that I had to do it the hard way while people doing them later get the same rewards for less work. The Cornundacauda mission, if I was doing it now, would take me half the time it took when I did it (or even less), and the Daikiba one is trivial now for anyone who's comfortable on the Stalkers. On the other hand, for the few kills mission I haven't yet done, I'd be more than happy to do them more quickly with a points based system. Scipulor, for example, I'd much prefer to do on high maturities but that makes it a very long mission with the old system. I might even finally finish the bloody Hiryuu :D

If they're going to change them they should just do it all at once, not one by one. Now that they've changed the Cornundacauda one I'm reluctant to work on any of my unfinished kill point missions, knowing that they might be changed to points in the future.

You do know that would seriously hurt the new players, do you even care? Sounds like you don't.

Just wondering. Did they change the corn reward when it was changed to the points system or are the rewards the same?
Thanks.
Conners.

The recently changed the Cornundacauda mission to killpoints instead of kills.

Not sure if they are planning to do so with more or all of the missions though.

Edit: e-lite was faster than me... :)

/Andy

They might.. This may have been a trial to see if they could do it right.

Last edited:
The Daikiba/Shinkiba mission was changed from kills to points when all of the mission rewards were "rebalanced" a while back. That and the Cornundacauda one are the only ones that have been changed, up to now.

I have mixed feelings about changing more of them. On one hand, as someone who's already completed most of the kills missions I'd feel somewhat aggrieved that I had to do it the hard way while people doing them later get the same rewards for less work. The Cornundacauda mission, if I was doing it now, would take me half the time it took when I did it (or even less), and the Daikiba one is trivial now for anyone who's comfortable on the Stalkers. On the other hand, for the few kills mission I haven't yet done, I'd be more than happy to do them more quickly with a points based system. Scipulor, for example, I'd much prefer to do on high maturities but that makes it a very long mission with the old system. I might even finally finish the bloody Hiryuu :D

If they're going to change them they should just do it all at once, not one by one. Now that they've changed the Cornundacauda one I'm reluctant to work on any of my unfinished kill point missions, knowing that they might be changed to points in the future.

I can see that it would cause some upset but would be welcomed by most.
I could see it making hunting a lot more diverse if people could hunt what they wanted too and complete missions at the same time.

My Daikaba mission got converted to Shinkiba only, Daiks no longer count for mine. It is still showing for me as 1 point per kill regardless of maturity. Shinkiba Bronze I'm on, is this right for me, or should I raise a ticket?

You do know that would seriously hurt the new players, do you even care? Sounds like you don't.

On the contrary.

If you consider the daikiba mission: Instead of everyone (from level 0 to level 100+) only look for Young ones (to, with the extreme starts to "train" them and then kills them off with SGA rocket launcher), then higher level players who manage higher maturities would do the bigger ones, and the smaller ones would be left to people with lesser weapons and armor.

If the kill Points is somewhat proportional to mob HP, it should be relatively fair and wouldn't matter in a cost perspective which maturity you would go for; you would go for the ones that would be most efficient at *your* level.

Maybe even for some mobs like daikiba cub and juvenile you could include puny ones, giving "fractional" Points. For beginners it's not obvious that puny version of mobs doesn't Count for the "real" iron mission chain.

I prefer missions with kill-Points. So it make sense, to kill bigger maturities. But i really hope MA will not change any more missions ... unless they will do it right.

One day i had killed nearly 5k/10k cornies ... the next day i had nearly 5k killpoints. I really don't care at these low-lvl mobs ... but if they start such a shit with bigger ones, well ....

It would be nice if there was some kind of warning that certain missions were going to be changed from counts to points.

Fortunately I had finished the Cornundcauda some years ago.

I actually raced through several Iron missions when MA announced they were changing the structure from one skill reward at the very end to the current skill points at each stage (2012).

If MA do plan to alter all the missions once again (this may have been a test to see playerbase reaction) I'd prefer a couple of months notice, then those that prefer counts can finish up those half finished missions and those that prefer points can wait and benefit from hunting the higher maturities.

I cant see any downside in doing it in the above way, rather than disrupting those who are 8000 into a 16,600 mission (one of which being a soc mate of mine).

We will see I suppose.

Back