Help: Advice about the ming for new player

Pratahn

Guardian
I am new player in Entropia (about 3 months) and I am thinking seriously about starting to mine actively. Orewise I maxed eMine FS but my enmatter and treasure hunting professions are at much lower level (maxed F-103).
So I basicly have 2 questions:
1. Is it worth to mine Claypso planetside at all?
2. Will be useful to try to join some miners pro soc?

I am new player in Entropia (about 3 months) and I am thinking seriously about starting to mine actively. Orewise I maxed eMine FS but my enmatter and treasure hunting professions are at much lower level (maxed F-103).
So I basicly have 2 questions:
2. Will be useful to try to join some miners pro soc?

1. Yes

2. Yes

Happy mining!

It most definitely is worth it. Just remember, MU is the key to you going anywhere in this game. Especially through the ups and downs mining brings.

As a side note, exploring was -- for me at least. Some of the most fun mining offered. Mapping out where resources dropped/hit etc. Sometimes you can get lucky and find some pretty great spawns in places you'd never expect it.

Ming is known to be merciless.

Best to stay the heck away.

Unless your name is Flash, cos then you need to get a move on. We only have 14 hours to save the universe.

Ming is known to be merciless.

Best to stay the heck away.

Unless your name is Flash, cos then you need to get a move on. We only have 14 hours to save the universe.

Tried to resist. Resistance lasted approximately 15 seconds. ;)

Back to topic:

Drop probes about every 20-30 seconds apart (less when your runspeed increases, a lot less if you use a vehicle) and see what happens, but you know all that already.

Basically if a global is hit, as a rule - should more claims be expected nearby or hitting a global doesn't matter - it is just like a common claim.

I just read a guide where it was said bomb every 55-100 m planetside and every 24-30 at asteroids/au. Isn't 55 m for planetside and 24-30 m for asteroids 50% overlap if the finder have 54m range?

I just read a guide where it was said bomb every 55-100 m planetside and every 24-30 at asteroids/au. Isn't 55 m for planetside and 24-30 m for asteroids 50% overlap if the finder have 54m range?

You're correct and the guide is crap.

Have a look at http://www.mininglog.com/ The program will show you where to drop the next probe instead of you guessing and it will also automatically make a log of all your claims which makes it easy to build up your own maps of what is where.

Have a look at http://www.mininglog.com/ The program will show you where to drop the next probe instead of you guessing and it will also automatically make a log of all your claims which makes it easy to build up your own maps of what is where.

Mining log is good only for your own maps (if you not have any data). But note, LBML sends all your mining info to server, and server owners now have the best mining maps ingame. I want give to all one free advice. Old time mining tactics is better than LBML. In many times. Take old manuals and read them...

Mining log is good only for your own maps (if you not have any data). But note, LBML sends all your mining info to server, and server owners now have the best mining maps ingame. I want give to all one free advice. Old time mining tactics is better than LBML. In many times. Take old manuals and read them...

More than 20k peds in mining globals and hofs in just under 2 1/2 years of active mining with LBML. I must be doing something right :)

More than 20k peds in mining globals and hofs in just under 2 1/2 years of active mining with LBML. I must be doing something right :)

20k PED's in profit?
Amp?

Edit: Calculated 7800 PED of globals and HoF's recieved, just in one month with my tactic.
30K turnover. Level 1 Amp

20k PED's in profit?
Amp?

Edit: Calculated 7800 PED of globals and HoF's recieved, just in one month with my tactic.
30K turnover. Level 1 Amp

Not amped I never amp

edit: 6k/ month cycled

I understood. I just gave advice :)

Not amped I never amp

If u mine on Calypso and Arkadia - how often u re-bomb the same spot? And is there a difference between both planets?
Also - I read mining logs telling about thousands of bombs - but I crossed not a small OLA just with less then 15 claims. How it is possible to find place for all those zillions of bombs (i am talking only about planetside mining)?

If u mine on Calypso and Arkadia - how often u re-bomb the same spot? And is there a difference between both planets?
Also - I read mining logs telling about thousands of bombs - but I crossed not a small OLA just with less then 15 claims. How it is possible to find place for all those zillions of bombs (i am talking only about planetside mining)?

Resources respawn after approximately 1 hour in my experience. Don't drop on the same spot right away. If you use LBML the LBML map will show you exactly where your last drop was so you can drop the next one to get the maximum coverage of the ground without overlapping or leaving unsearched ground.

That's carpet bombing an area.

I usually mine Arkadia though I have mined Calypso as well. Its easier on Arkadia because there are a good number of mob free areas to mine while it can be hard to find a mining area on Calypso that does not have mobs on it.

Back