R.I.P Edgard Neek Marr

Fjaskit

Provider
Dear PCF,

This thread is dedicated to one of the nicest and overall best friend whom i met over the internet - Edgard neek marr.

I met Edgard here in Entropia i think 2007 - 2008, i remember i met him at the old sweating place "Camp phoenix" if i recall correctly, it was where feffoids and cornundacuada was before. It was quite a usual day, hunting some feffoids using my Killian longsword or some other type of low level longblade.
I asked around in camp phoenix if anyone wanted to go hunt, and got a reply from Edgard, sure he said.

We went hunting and after the hunt he asked if i wanted to continue but unfortunatley i had 0 PEDs left, and without hesitation he gave me 250PEDs to me to be able to repair my sword and go out hunt again, and which we did.

And from there everything took of, we logged on each day and did stuff together, always talked to each other. And later on we became crafting buddys :D.
We both shared our PEDs, we had what we called "One budget" and gambled almost everyday, either level 2 amplifiers, or some (L) blueprint, but mostly we crafted Killian longswords.

Both of us had quite low income IRL, as which we shared our PEDs, and our goal always was, and still is for me to get the "Jamaican Hof" to be able to get such a great hof to be able to withdrawl and finally meet IRL and go to Jamaica together :laugh:.

Fast forwards couple years to 2013 somewhere around February.

Usual day, Edgard had been without work for 2 months, and had finally got a job that was quite far away from where he currently lived, some place in France, ive forgot the name unfortunatley.
He asked me if i could pay for his train ticket and food for a couple weeks until he would recieve pay from work, sure, of course i will buddy.

2 Weeks later he send me an e-mail telling me he had such pain in his stomach and had to go back to his hometown to see his doctor.
Few days later he told me some bad news, i got a e-mail from Edgard saying "well now i know why i got such pain in my stomach, cancer" he said.

From there,, holy shit he was ill,, if i were lucky i would recieve a text once per 2 weeks from edgard. He had no strength at all after the ?chemotherapy?.

He told me he couldn't take it anymore, the medications made him non-living,, he had given up hope, he told me incase he's going to die, he wanted to die out doing stuffs that made him happy, not dieing in a hospital.

The cancer had spread from his stomach and was untreatable.

I did my all to try give him motivation to KEEP taking the medications buddy, i know u can do it.

The last thing i heard from my friend was "O.S FAP M7 try to grab it ! back to sleeping buddy, don't know when i come back online yet.. I keep you in touch! may ath be with you !"

The thing me and edgard had,, holy shit, so much fun, this person affected my life more then i could've imagined.
And to know u didn't say ur last goodbyes to a person that affected my life this much is heartbreaking.
I've had this person on my mind everyday for 2 ½ years now, its amazing to believe that he meant so much to me just by knowing this guy over the internet :hug:. I could tell u so much more about this guy, but it would take me forever to write, but i believe i've covered the meaning of the thread.

Im making this thread now because i wouldnt wanna believe he's gone, but all evidence is pointing towards it.

I just wanted to tell my story about me and Edgard, a person that had a huge impact on my life.

P.S Im not that good at writing storys, but i did my best, and please excuse my bad english.

Edgard wherever u are, may u rest in peace, my dear friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkclIDu9K5c

Yours:
Fjaskit Raticka Fjaskir

Last edited:
I hate to see bad things happen to good people. Spread the love, it doesn't cost anything.

R.i.p

So sorry for your loss, he sounded like a great person. I think its amazing that you can become such good friends with people in this game, without ever meeting them. I think as lucky as you were to have met him, he too was lucky to have met you.

Regards,
Maximus Cashicus

So sorry for the loss of a great friend

Feel yourself blessed, you had met such a good friend.
Good people are always with us, even if they are not among us anymore.

For Edgard and all the good friends who they are not with us anymore.

R.I.P.
and always be remembered

I had known Neek as well and he was a very nice guy. We did have our discussions on crafting quite a bit and entropia in general as well. May his soul rest in peace.

I am proud of you as well buds as it shows the face of EU which is seldom seen, that everything is not about the money and also about relationships. Its a welcome relief to read such threads on pcf which motivate people towards the things that really matter in life.

Personally if I was MA, this is what should make for a brilliant article on EU, rather then this gun sold for ***** or whatever.

I do hope you get your ATH someday, it will be well deserved.

Divinity

I didn't know him, my thoughts and best wishes to his family and friends.

wow what a story, it hit me. Sorry for the loss and I hope you find that ATH some day

Fjaskit, I'm truly sorry you've lost your friend.

In Entropia, much more than any other game I've played, the connections made with other players can be deep and long-lasting.
Our avatars are just pixels - but the emotions are real.

I've been really lucky to have met several of my soc members, and other Australian players as well.
I know players who have met ingame and ended up in RL relationships, married, children etc.

I know I'm not the only one who's attended the funeral of someone met online either.
And I still miss them.

There are a number of players we have lost over the years - maybe a remembrance island?

There are a number of players we have lost over the years - maybe a remembrance island?

Memorial Island already exists on Calypso.
Not all players would want such a public memorial though.

You'll find private memorials around though - generally in people's apartments or estates.

Nice guy indeed and I knew him quite well.
I do miss him a lot.
He was very generous with his crafting knowlege.
Funny story (for me at least, maybe this is old news to crafters) , he had a partial success Worth 20k one time on L BP for some UL thing (whip?). Not even a global!

RIP Neek

nero

Thank you Fjaskit for a great portrayal of a lost friend.
The only way to handle great losses is to bring out the light from the happy memories.
And that you really did.

Thank you for sharing Fjaskit. You made my day much brighter!

So very sorry for your loss, and thank you for sharing the story.

such an sad story,but also uplifting to see such good friendships in an virtual universe

Thank you all for the very kind comments, i truely, truely appreciate it with all my heart.

I'm missing words for the kindness shown by PCF, i know Edgard would really appreciate the kindness shown by u guys :angel:

Thank you...

May he rest in peace!
It really hurts when you loose your friends!

Well written story mate, captured the spirit of your friendship I believe :)

I never had the pleasure of meeting Neek but wish I had.

I too started out in Camp Pheonix it truly was a magical place and who know's our paths may have even crossed without knowing but I am so sorry to hear of your sad loss, he sounded like a very honest and generous man.

Like Divinity said, EU has some amazing people with amazing adventures and it's not always seen or heard about. I share the love and passion for Project Entropia as it was known and I still love it today.

I really hope you are able to find your ATH and look up and tell Neek "we did it mate... we bloody did it"

R.I.P and never forgotten :tiphat:

:( Sorry to hear about this. All my best to those left.

very sorry to hear about this. Thank you for sharing your story. May he go well to Memorial Island.

Great story and it touched me so much. Thanks for sharing it and sorry for your loss. Edgard is now in better place.

MA should really share stories like this which tells about real entropia, friendship, relationships etc :wise:

Dear PCF,

This thread is dedicated to one of the nicest and overall best friend whom i met over the internet - Edgard neek marr.

I met Edgard here in Entropia i think 2007 - 2008, i remember i met him at the old sweating place "Camp phoenix" if i recall correctly, it was where feffoids and cornundacuada was before. It was quite a usual day, hunting some feffoids using my Killian longsword or some other type of low level longblade.
I asked around in camp phoenix if anyone wanted to go hunt, and got a reply from Edgard, sure he said.

We went hunting and after the hunt he asked if i wanted to continue but unfortunatley i had 0 PEDs left, and without hesitation he gave me 250PEDs to me to be able to repair my sword and go out hunt again, and which we did.

And from there everything took of, we logged on each day and did stuff together, always talked to each other. And later on we became crafting buddys :D.
We both shared our PEDs, we had what we called "One budget" and gambled almost everyday, either level 2 amplifiers, or some (L) blueprint, but mostly we crafted Killian longswords.

Both of us had quite low income IRL, as which we shared our PEDs, and our goal always was, and still is for me to get the "Jamaican Hof" to be able to get such a great hof to be able to withdrawl and finally meet IRL and go to Jamaica together :laugh:.

Fast forwards couple years to 2013 somewhere around February.

Usual day, Edgard had been without work for 2 months, and had finally got a job that was quite far away from where he currently lived, some place in France, ive forgot the name unfortunatley.
He asked me if i could pay for his train ticket and food for a couple weeks until he would recieve pay from work, sure, of course i will buddy.

2 Weeks later he send me an e-mail telling me he had such pain in his stomach and had to go back to his hometown to see his doctor.
Few days later he told me some bad news, i got a e-mail from Edgard saying "well now i know why i got such pain in my stomach, cancer" he said.

From there,, holy shit he was ill,, if i were lucky i would recieve a text once per 2 weeks from edgard. He had no strength at all after the ?chemotherapy?.

He told me he couldn't take it anymore, the medications made him non-living,, he had given up hope, he told me incase he's going to die, he wanted to die out doing stuffs that made him happy, not dieing in a hospital.

The cancer had spread from his stomach and was untreatable.

I did my all to try give him motivation to KEEP taking the medications buddy, i know u can do it.

The last thing i heard from my friend was "O.S FAP M7 try to grab it ! back to sleeping buddy, don't know when i come back online yet.. I keep you in touch! may ath be with you !"

The thing me and edgard had,, holy shit, so much fun, this person affected my life more then i could've imagined.
And to know u didn't say ur last goodbyes to a person that affected my life this much is heartbreaking.
I've had this person on my mind everyday for 2 ½ years now, its amazing to believe that he meant so much to me just by knowing this guy over the internet :hug:. I could tell u so much more about this guy, but it would take me forever to write, but i believe i've covered the meaning of the thread.

Im making this thread now because i wouldnt wanna believe he's gone, but all evidence is pointing towards it.

I just wanted to tell my story about me and Edgard, a person that had a huge impact on my life.

P.S Im not that good at writing storys, but i did my best, and please excuse my bad english.

Edgard wherever u are, may u rest in peace, my dear friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkclIDu9K5c

Yours:
Fjaskit Raticka Fjaskir

RIP... So sorry for your loss.

Back