Bugged guns used to win events [Disproven]

Status
Society
Entropy
Sunsout Tacotuesday Gunsout
I have been looking into the CDF XTLC guns ever since I saw that the 800 was able to win HM recently.

I spent the last few days testing them, and asking support for an explanation (they still have not responded, but others in game that also just filed support cases say they have received a reply...more on that later.)

The CDF XTLC are bugged.

They are firing way faster than they should.

I believe that MA has known about this for a while (a friend who has received a response from her support case told me they stated they have known for a while and are working on it...they wont answer my support case yet though)

With this bug, even the XTLC 800 is more dps than the Terminator (Ivy's is t9.x)

There are 2 of each level of these in game. (They have 5 versions, a 200, a 400, a 600, a 800, and a 1000)

The questions I have are:

Are using bugged guns to win events considered an exploit?
How many top 5 winners have used these guns.

It is abundantly clear that some people have chosen to use this gun over other guns they own that are more DPS on paper, in order to win events. These people are hardcore number crunchers and track everything they do. ALL of them would notice that the gun was doing WAY more DPS than it should be. While it is impossible to prove 100% for sure that someone knew about it, it certainly is an easy presumption to make, given the odd choices that some of the event winners have been making recently.

In the videos below, I estimate that the gun is shooting 15% faster than it should. Even when I buffed to 13% reload, it was still a hair faster. We made sure we had the same setting and that all reload buffs were removed from our avatars. Also, I have asked many people and they all say they get way more DPS than they should.

The end result of this is that almost EVERY event since these guns were introduced is now a sham. People who did the math and tried as hard as they can with their own guns, and spent tons of money, were tricked into believing their gun or sword can win, because these CDF XTLC guns are bugged. MA knew about it, and the people that used them to win events likely knew about it too.

Second video in next post...make sure you watch this too before commenting, it is clearer...

Last edited:
Second test

Please do some of your own tests too...and let me know here.

Last edited:
If true then mindark must fix the broken weapon!!

Last edited:
i am not taking a side on this issue yet, but another interesting point here might be the animation speed

the tests are really tests of the animation speed by just visual inspection, maybe a true test would be against an actual mob with high enough health to get an decent sample. have both avi's count the number of damage and miss lines to see how many actual shots are fired by both guns in he same period.

the only reason i bring this up is because i have been using a cdf version of the calytrek spirit mk.III from the daily token trader and i have noticed that when i eat a x pill the damage/miss notifications come way faster than the animation of the firing. its as if the animation has a max speed but the gun doesnt

just a thought

buck

i am not taking a side on this issue yet, but another interesting point here might be the animation speed

the tests are really tests of the animation speed by just visual inspection, maybe a true test would be against an actual mob with high enough health to get an decent sample. have both avi's count the number of damage and miss lines to see how many actual shots are fired by both guns in he same period.

the only reason i bring this up is because i have been using a cdf version of the calytrek spirit mk.III from the daily token trader and i have noticed that when i eat a x pill the damage/miss notifications come way faster than the animation of the firing. its as if the animation has a max speed but the gun doesnt

just a thought

buck

Fair point.

I want to add that dps tests were done (not by me, because I cant get one to use cuz no collat) and the dps was way higher than it should be. People used it next to a gun that has higher dps (on entropedia) than the XTCL that was used, and the XTLC still beat it by a wide margin, over a long hunt, with same buffs.

I just heard about today so did some tests. with 28 % AS buff i did 60,5ish attack per min with x800. Thats more than should be BUT did test with lc150 L and S4 UL both had the same adventage in AS (35-38% instead of 28%). Test was done shootin wall n counting reload bars

If support has truly said they know about issue, then nothing more needs said.

Too much drama over events. Time to stop events altogether until bugs that may give advantages are resolved. Irony here is that mindark isn't going to see this thread. So rather than spin up tons of drama in yet another post here, better to send support cases (if you have not already) and get the information to the people that can do something about it.

Now since this is my day off.. I am going to :popcorn: and watch.

nevermind i m not entering in that shit circle again

Last edited:
If support has truly said they know about issue, then nothing more needs said.

Too much drama over events. Time to stop events altogether until bugs that may give advantages are resolved. Irony here is that mindark isn't going to see this thread. So rather than spin up tons of drama in yet another post here, better to send support cases (if you have not already) and get the information to the people that can do something about it.

Now since this is my day off.. I am going to :popcorn: and watch.

MA has not responded to my own support case yet...they responded to others though. This isn't to spin up drama, as you say. This is to do what is right, and to let the players know what might be happening. I can't do all the tests myself. That's why I make posts, because then good people in the forum can actually help. I appreciate you not constantly reducing everything to the "popcorn" denominator. Plus, I am POSITIVE that MA WILL read this thread.

<removed>

in all respect to Linzey and all this thread readers , i can guarantee that Linzey used Mod merc t10 in events after terminator was sold. Even in golden rush.
And i really doubt that there is gun to beat terminator t10 now, since even xtlc1000 max tier since now is tier 7.

Last edited by a moderator:
<removed>

Since this gun has more DPS then merc and since mod merc is BUGGED and broken and that is the gun I had for this event I was upset but facts still don't touch you. So I thought I can ask to swap for a bit to do the event.

Ive done nothing wrong andf stop this shit trying to make me look bad in public Im so fucking tired of your bad manners. If you REALLY thought I did something wrong a supportcase would get me banned but you know I didn't but try to make me look bad in other peoples eyes instead <removed>

How interesting ppl dont comment on my tests instead 90% of posts r mouth fighting (again). As mentioned animation measuring is not the best method

Since this gun has more DPS then merc and since mod merc is BUGGED and broken and that is the gun I had for this event I was upset but facts still don't touch you. So I thought I can ask to swap for a bit to do the event.

Ive done nothing wrong andf stop this shit trying to make me look bad in public Im so fucking tired of your bad manners. If you REALLY thought I did something wrong a supportcase would get me banned but you know I didn't but try to make me look bad in other peoples eyes instead <removed>

Please keep it civil people, do not attack anyone. They want to be attacked so thread gets closed.

I do not want this to be about accusations...I just wanted answers as to why some things happened in game, and if MA will allow people to win events with bugged guns.

Guys.. make it about the gun, not the people. Ffs. Drama queens.

I do not want this to be about accusations...I just wanted answers as to why some things happened in game, and if MA will allow people to win events with bugged guns.

U seriously have to ask that after 3 years of terminator mayhem prize giveaway? :D

MA has not responded to my own support case yet...they responded to others though. This isn't to spin up drama, as you say. This is to do what is right, and to let the players know what might be happening. I can't do all the tests myself. That's why I make posts, because then good people in the forum can actually help. I appreciate you not constantly reducing everything to the "popcorn" denominator. Plus, I am POSITIVE that MA WILL read this thread.

But I love :popcorn:

How interesting ppl dont comment on my tests instead 90% of posts r mouth fighting (again). As mentioned animation measuring is not the best method

So, basically all guns are firing faster then they should if you purely look at the stats?

So, basically all guns are firing faster then they should if you purely look at the stats?

Maybe some other guns are fast too, I can't test every gun in game although I would love to :)

But there is no more glaring problem than when the bug is on the biggest guns in game, and players use that to their advantage to win.

Little guns matter little. It's the event winning guns that are hurting us the most right now.

<removed>
in all respect to Linzey and all this thread readers , i can guarantee that Linzey used Mod merc t10 in events after terminator was sold. Even in golden rush.
And i really doubt that there is gun to beat terminator t10 now, since even xtlc1000 max tier since now is tier 7.

Well, since you brought it up, how can you guarantee Linzey didn't use this gun for events when he already admitted it here, and in the past, on this forum. Your "guarantee" seems odd.

The 1000's arent high enough tier yet maybe...but the t9 800 def was enough to beat terminator I would guess based on what I have seen. And tbh I bet the t7 1000's beat it too.

Some guns are firing faster than stated in stats without buffs.
Several guns are firing faster than they should when using AS buff.
In certain conditions (eg inside an instance) the reload speed is capped so the actual DPS is lower than it should be.

Yes, all those problems should be fixed asap.

As we on it (again), can we please have a public event where we can burn the major drama queens to ashes and then ban them permanently? Pretty please?

:girl: :girl: :girl:

Well, since you brought it up, how can you guarantee Linzey didn't use this gun for events when he already admitted it here, and in the past, on this forum. Your "guarantee" seems odd.

<removed>I was shooting linzey mod merc, that is why he could not shoot event in same time. I helped to do him few hours when he could not be online and i shot mm all time.

so i can say i REALLY KNOW what gun he was using, and i repeat again. There is no gun that can be more dps since even xtlc1000 BIGGEST gun is only tier 7. So chill a bit.

Best Regards
//mg Joda VVV VVV

Why not refer to the contents of the chat.log?
Code:
2015-12-04 02:06:29 [System] [] You inflicted 80.3 points of damage.
2015-12-04 02:06:31 [System] [] You inflicted 64.0 points of damage.
2015-12-04 02:06:32 [System] [] You inflicted 58.5 points of damage.
2015-12-04 02:06:33 [System] [] You inflicted 67.1 points of damage.
2015-12-04 02:06:33 [System] [] You inflicted 62.4 points of damage.
2015-12-04 02:06:35 [System] [] You inflicted 98.9 points of damage.
2015-12-04 02:06:35 [System] [] You inflicted 82.7 points of damage.
2015-12-04 02:06:37 [System] [] You inflicted 79.7 points of damage.
2015-12-04 02:06:37 [System] [] You inflicted 65.6 points of damage.

Some guns are firing faster than stated in stats without buffs.
Several guns are firing faster than they should when using AS buff.
In certain conditions (eg inside an instance) the reload speed is capped so the actual DPS is lower than it should be.

Yes, all those problems should be fixed asap.

As we on it (again), can we please have a public event where we can burn the major drama queens to ashes and then ban them permanently? Pretty please?

:girl: :girl: :girl:

No need to burn anymore, mission accomplished I quit!!

I was doing the christmastree at home with my family but Im angry and distracted from stuff happening on a forum in a game I play to have fun.......biggest witch allready will leave you alone I promise!!

Playibg for fun and used to say because the amazing community but seems if you cant beat me in hunt or events anywhere they beat me by words in here instead

I was doing the christmastree at home with my family but Im angry and distracted from stuff happening on a forum in a game I play to have fun.......biggest witch allready will leave you alone I promise!!

Playibg for fun and used to say because the amazing community but seems if you cant beat me in hunt or events anywhere they beat me by words in here instead

No need to quit, just take a break. Mods just ban the people that keep putting people on the stake to burn. After all, it is against the rules on PCF and to the degree which it has been going.. almost if not is in-game.

<removed> I was shooting linzey mod merc, that is why he could not shoot event in same time. I helped to do him few hours when he could not be online and i shot mm all time.

so i can say i REALLY KNOW what gun he was using, and i repeat again. There is no gun that can be more dps since even xtlc1000 BIGGEST gun is only tier 7. So chill a bit.

Best Regards
//mg Joda VVV VVV

Oh really?

BUMP for the winner gun of HM 2015 which is now T10!! Price adjusted

No need to quit, just take a break. Mods just ban the people that keep putting people on the stake to burn. After all, it is against the rules.

No one is at the stake...it is MA's error.

Please stop acting like god.

I don't want people burned...I want the truth!

The only people who might get burned are those that are posting and knowingly and freely engaging in the conversation on the issue. You don't need to protect your friends.

This is a delicate issue, I agree, but it is an EXTREMELY IMPORTANT issue that needs resolution.

I'd be upset to hear this news, and I am, but it's not like MA hasn't had similar issues dozens of times in the past, they can't ever seem to get their act together.

They don't care about fairness, they just don't, so why would they now? We as members of the EU universe have to accept that the odds are stacked against us in ways we don't even know about, and if we're getting the shaft, officially or unofficially, it's part of the experience and just another thing to overcome.

I will however send a support case, they shouldn't allow bugged items to be used in, let alone win an event. If this is a known issue, then it's as wrong as wrong can get. Thanks for the heads up.

No one is at the stake...it is MA's error.

Please stop acting like god.

I don't want people burned...I want the truth!

The only people who might get burned are those that are posting and knowingly and freely engaging in the conversation on the issue.

Then you aren't paying attention and I wasn't even referring to you or your post. Rather some of those sprinkling their hatred in other posts. Calm your tits.

I can tell only for myself but, I can only count 3 drama queens in here lately. It's always the same ppl and none of them is you.

Neither the OP, for that matter, it's a necessary thread about issues that sneed fixing. Just keep it civil ppl. Please.

It is not just about you Linzey. I don't want you to quit...I don't want ANYONE to quit. I want to know why this happened, why MA allows this and why no one said anything before.

For whatever reason, you were the unlucky one who borrowed it and won the event. I will let you say why that happened, it is not up to me to assume...

It is not a witchhunt. It is good for the game for this info to be out in the open, and if you love the game like you say you do, you should disclose what you saw in your logs.

I am not able to use that gun like you were...you have the data...let us all know.

Status
Back