Bugged guns used to win events [Disproven]

Status
/mod note/

.. I do not want this to be about accusations...I just wanted answers as to why some things happened in game, and if MA will allow people to win events with bugged guns.

And yet you make personal accusations in your opening post.
Just because you don't specifically mention a player's name doesn't mitigate the insinuation made - and yes I've read the original text of what you posted, before you changed it (after a few hours) to being slightly less assertive about your allegation.

Frankly, this thread looks a lot like yet another attempt to smear Linzey, by alleging that he was intentionally exploiting by using a gun that he knew to be bugged in his favor in an event.

However, you can argue out your supposed 'evidence', and hope that someone in the community can step up with hard data to help resolve this.
And that those of you who keep making these accusations will take any notice of that, and stop this campaign.

If you want this thread to remain open, I'd advise you stick to discussing the data.

:topic:

If you think I haven't been around this game long enough, you must have took a very long break. Gratz on finding the game before I did, though! That makes you so cool!

BTW, Since April of 2012, you left, you played basically only 1 day during the time you were gone, and didn't start playing regular again until a few months ago. Since you won't speak the truth, I will.

As far as the rest of what you said, all I see is "it's not true because I have one and I don't want it slower!"

It was tested (not in my video, different tests) and numerous people, well before I made this thread, reported it to MA. Don't blame the messenger because I hurt your guns feeling.

Wow. That is so low! Sober up and read again what u are saying here. Is it really the world against Sunsot? Or its just a bad bug that has bitten you?

It was tested (not in my video, different tests) and numerous people, well before I made this thread, reported it to MA. Don't blame the messenger because I hurt your guns feeling.

However, we don't know how they tested it as they haven't fully explained themselves. While Girt found a problem with the MM, it would seem logical that a gun maxes out its reload at 100 and that issue may not be applicable to guns such as the CDF. I don't think there has been anywhere near enough evidence to prove the CDF guns are bugged; they may be. You need to get back to finding a good test for these guns and provide the results in a clear and concise fashion. As you said previously, going down the route of personal accusations will just get the thread locked, and nobody can prove any player had any knowledge of the gun being bugged even if they were; unless a player admits guilt.

/mod note/

And yet you make personal accusations in your opening post.
Just because you don't specifically mention a player's name doesn't mitigate the insinuation made - and yes I've read the original text of what you posted, before you changed it (after a few hours) to being slightly less assertive about your allegation.

Frankly, this thread looks a lot like yet another attempt to smear Linzey, by alleging that he was intentionally exploiting by using a gun that he knew to be bugged in his favor in an event.

However, you can argue out your supposed 'evidence', and hope that someone in the community can step up with hard data to help resolve this.
And that those of you who keep making these accusations will take any notice of that, and stop this campaign.

If you want this thread to remain open, I'd advise you stick to discussing the data.

:topic:

Well yes you are right...I let emotions get the better of me at first...I am trying to be clear now however that all I care about is the big picture. But Serica, I want to promise you one thing....

This thread was going to come no matter who was using that gun to win, and no matter what soc was involved. You all know that. I don't care who used it anymore. I care it gets fixed.

Also, I just editted my last post because you are right.

Wow. That is so low! Sober up and read again what u are saying here. Is it really the world against Sunsot? Or its just a bad bug that has bitten you?

I believe that MA has known about this for a while (a friend who has received a response from her support case told me they stated they have known for a while and are working on it...they wont answer my support case yet though

Thats the reason he wants to get it tested and is mentioning it.
And while you are mentioning about "low", have you read your own post?

You probably should also read the rest of his posts instead scroll-reading stuff.
Some people have a fair reputation in my eyes and it's worth it for me to wait till THOSE people provide facts instead others who i have seen doing a lot of bluffing and lying.

However, we don't know how they tested it as they haven't fully explained themselves. While Girt found a problem with the MM, it would seem logical that a gun maxes out its reload at 100 and that issue may not be applicable to guns such as the CDF. I don't think there has been anywhere near enough evidence to prove the CDF guns are bugged; they may be. You need to get back to finding a good test for these guns and provide the results in a clear and concise fashion. As you said previously, going down the route of personal accusations will just get the thread locked, and nobody can prove any player had any knowledge of the gun being bugged even if they were; unless a player admits guilt.

I knew about 100 uses per minute bug, I have heard it from ppl who use high speed weapons. I also used to own 86 uses per minute shortblade, sadly enough i dont anymore and last known owner of that unique shortblade was current fort argus bank owner (sincere apologies for not remembering the name).
Also with non sib weapons it should be that u have all uses maxed at whatever level. So anyone who can get a hold of mod merc or enblade-12 or other high speed weapons should be able to make tests and provide us with info if that is a visual bug or it is an actual game feature or therefore a lack of it.

Also a quick visual test anyone can make:
Use a weapon (preferrably a high speed - ranked scorpion, MM, enblade-12 (there must be many more with uses over 65))
Shoot mob or "in air" using auto use feature.
Keep an eye on the reload bar
Now do the same but in old school way - by pressing the assigned key on your keyboard
Oh and important - do not use "que use of tool"
I personally have noticed that there is some sort of a lag, or it may just be visual difference, when not using toggle auto-use but shooting old fashione way. Thou i may be wrong. Check for yourself and let us know!

:confused: Get 100 shots ammo, get a timer ready, go to rig and take time till ammo is out... there you go....

My cats breath smells like cat food

no_regrets.jpg

Chill out everyone. ;)

Last edited:
Thats the reason he wants to get it tested and is mentioning it.
And while you are mentioning about "low", have you read your own post?

You probably should also read the rest of his posts instead scroll-reading stuff.
Some people have a fair reputation in my eyes and it's worth it for me to wait till THOSE people provide facts instead others who i have seen doing a lot of bluffing and lying.

Sorry, i got personal there too, but please agree that this thread was more of witch hunt than it is a productive game feature/bug research?

Accusing anyone of using unfair advantage during events is a big deal in my eyes. I do follow threads like this and i am interested on research of possible bugs or unfair advantage. Everyone should be. Since i own a weapon that is (or one day may be) one of the highest dps contenders for some of the events i offer it for rent to trustworthy people to do tests and let us know the results. Maybe Oleg McMullery wants to give it a go? I know you will try ur best to test it appropriately, if so dont hesitate to contact me.

Sorry, i got personal there too, but please agree that this thread was more of witch hunt than it is a productive game feature/bug research?

Accusing anyone of using unfair advantage during events is a big deal in my eyes. I do follow threads like this and i am interested on research of possible bugs or unfair advantage. Everyone should be. Since i own a weapon that is (or one day may be) one of the highest dps contenders for some of the events i offer it for rent to trustworthy people to do tests and let us know the results. Maybe Oleg McMullery wants to give it a go? I know you will try ur best to test it appropriately, if so dont hesitate to contact me.

Even though I have the names, I am not here to shame them in a forum. MA will have the chat logs. MA will know who talked about this bug in pm weeks ago, and who exploited it. And some people are going to be caught with their pants down.

I am not naming them or sharing chat logs...it is not a witch hunt. This thread is about fixing it. You guys keep trying to derail it by saying it is witch hunt. But that is not the case. Don't bother pm'ing me for details anyhow, I am going to leave this entirely up to MA, and then decide what I will divulge only if it is needed...but the more you guys call me a witch-hunter, the more likely I am to post everything I know and accept my forum ban as a man.

Right now it is up to MA to figure out what chatlogs are connected and to investigate accordingly. Because MANY knew of this bug.

The network of anti-cheaters in this game is huge, and we have been working at it for a while, and we know a lot more than you think we know ;)

THIS THREAD is for data, and testing...so stop using it for other reasons.

Last edited:
As Carl Sagan stated ""Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence". The thread begins with the title "Bugged guns used to win events" and follows on with the OP with "The CDF XTLC are bugged. They are firing way faster than they should.". But eventually, after 10 pages or so, we find there is no clear cut evidence of any of these claims. It's resulted in "THIS THREAD is for data, and testing" and I "have the chat logs". All rumour and no fact. Don't know how people get away with such thread titles and claims, which are baseless at present. If you are going to make such a thread title and OP, then provide conclusive proof of it, otherwise, amend both to highlight this is a hypothesis with limited evidence.

As Carl Sagan stated ""Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence". The thread begins with the title "Bugged guns used to win events" and follows on with the OP with "The CDF XTLC are bugged. They are firing way faster than they should.". But eventually, after 10 pages or so, we find there is no clear cut evidence of any of these claims. It's resulted in "THIS THREAD is for data, and testing" and I "have the chat logs". All rumour and no fact. Don't know how people get away with such thread titles and claims, which are baseless at present. If you are going to make such a thread title and OP, then provide conclusive proof of it, otherwise, amend both to highlight this is a hypothesis with limited evidence.

If mentioning names and such wasn't violating PCF rules, i could drop so much chat logs and video proof here that you'd see big part of <removed> socs banned. You would notice EU would become quite quiet after that. But since it's not allowed we have to deal with the slow processing of support cases which at times take months for them to answer even usual copy paste answer. Including BOUGHT Avatars, botting, market manipulation with alt avatars.

Last edited by a moderator:
If mentioning names and such wasn't violating PCF rules, i could drop so much chat logs and video proof here that you'd see big part of <removed> socs banned. You would notice EU would become quite quiet after that. But since it's not allowed we have to deal with the slow processing of support cases which at times take months for them to answer even usual copy paste answer. Including BOUGHT Avatars and playing with multiple accounts.

Oh, I am sure it's possible it may be bugged and people may have exploited it. I'd just like to see something proved with evidence before its stated as a fact in a thread title or OP. Yeah I know many people are cheating and exploiting and getting away with it. But, there are forum rules and some people contravene those rules on a nearly daily basis.

I think a few people have said my previous suggestion to use the combat log wouldn't work due to the client using the data log from the chat because of latency or not very accurate time, here is my thoughts please correct me if I've missed something.

We know decay and cost per shot of weapon and expected dpp, dps

The log shows shots fired, dps number of crits and total damage done.

With said information the following should be attainable using a fixed amount of ammo, say 1k ped.

dps given by tracker counts in crit hit rate, misses, the whole shooting match. Should be able to reverse formula info to validate if dps is correct

it may not be perfect but should be the closest we can get now.

on another note, I support cased my slugstorm during HM because my dps was also capped. If I used multiple buffs to get speed up to 30% for reload it kept same dps I had at 14%

Why not just do the following?

Get a timer for 3 minutes.

Count shots fired / x by 3!

This would give you Hits/M

No need to burn anymore, mission accomplished I quit!!

I was doing the christmastree at home with my family but Im angry and distracted from stuff happening on a forum in a game I play to have fun.......biggest witch allready will leave you alone I promise!!

Playibg for fun and used to say because the amazing community but seems if you cant beat me in hunt or events anywhere they beat me by words in here instead

Amazing Community etc...

Dont worry you didn't ruin it and all the other recent crap coming at you is the result of MA lack of management of this game.

People are getting worse loot returns then ever, they are introducing items and other factors to the game that are killing tons of MU on peoples stuff. And making this game an exploit paradise.

If you depo'ed 5k 2 days ago and watch it all but vanish, then you log on here and say something then 7 of the same forum trolls cry 90% loot return is fact for everyone. You'd be SUPER pissed and then read another thread on exploits and people getting inside info, of course your going to lash out.

If they wouldn't r*** most of us depositors as hard as they do, we would be enjoying game and wouldn't care if others looted 10 UL guns back to back.

Wondering why people attacking you, do the math.... or at least listen to all those out there with not bad loot but crazy, insane 1k loss per hour with NO hof NO nothing, 1 month down road or 3 years down road.

All this bs is MA own making and lucky people will be hated and looked at as chosen since for the rest of us we get noting in no forum but a reason to drop 5k more for the weekend

Thank you for starting this thread Taco. You don't deserve all this hate after all I don't see anyone else bringing these possibly critical issues into the spotlight.

To all of those complaining about these bugs making events unfair, I only have one thing to say to you. Stop participating. Complaining on the forums and proceeding to empty your PED card into the next event is not a good strategy.

You have to give them a monetary reason to devote their time and resources towards bug fixing instead of Compets. Hurting their feelings with mean forum posts won't do the trick :laugh:

Right now it is up to MA to figure out what chatlogs are connected and to investigate accordingly. Because MANY knew of this bug.

THIS THREAD is for data, and testing...so stop using it for other reasons.

Those 2 lines contradict each other. Datas gathered by actually accurate testing method (aka counting reload bars) getting ignored and keep sayin the bug was 'up'. I also explained why linzey 'felt' its bugged but by that reason, all weapons r bugged as of now. And if u think there was a bug and MA fixed it by now while not fixing 100 apm bug (from which they could gather more money)... ur wrong.

It's only an animation / sound bug, not an actual DPS bug. Do a proper test with Entropia Life client.

Again I would advice the mods to close these kind of thread, as it seems that some people need to be protected against themselves. I hate to see a few individuals mess up my favourite game by throwing out undocumented accusations. Just by cooincidence this happpens before x-mas(mayhem).....?

Don't let this forum be polluted with this kind of crap. I beg you. Please? :bowdown:

Again I would advice the mods to close these kind of thread, as it seems that some people need to be protected against themselves. I hate to see a few individuals mess up my favourite game by throwing out undocumented accusations. Just by cooincidence this happpens before x-mas(mayhem).....?

Don't let this forum be polluted with this kind of crap. I beg you. Please? :bowdown:

yes close this thread, <removed>

but i still want to know how a real test does. make a new thread with the test and "bugged" guns, and no witchhunt on 1 person.

:confused: Get 100 shots ammo, get a timer ready, go to rig and take time till ammo is out... there you go....

Could someone please do that and provide the numbers?! Would be a good start...

Thing is, this is all mixed up...
1. Make sure the guns are bugged. The Videos do not help since actual dmg is independed of sound & animation.
If you do the rig /pvp test in a video, everyone can count the time it takes to waste 100 Shots.

2. If the gun(s) shoot faster than on stats, MA has to tell us if
a) the Stats are shown wrong or
b) the gun(s) shoot to fast.

3. Since both are possibilites, a user of this gun can not know if he is exploiting or not and should ask support.
If support did not answer on the question - i can´t see problem here till support says its an exploid using the guns at the moment. MA would have to compensate for the time the gun(s) are not fixed.

Since there was no official statement yet, nobody can be blamed!! (Beside MA if there is actually a bug)

The suspicion now is that the rifle/gun is bugged, a player has shown it on film and it's the only way we can do because MA requires an image or a movie as a evidence when we usually write to support.... This has been done.

Now you need MA to step in and prove otherwise.

:twocents:

The suspicion now is that the rifle/gun is bugged, a player has shown it on film and it's the only way we can do because MA requires an image or a movie as a evidence when we usually write to support.... This has been done.

Now you need MA to step in and prove otherwise.

:twocents:

No, all you see on the video is the reload bar and you hear the sound. It is not possible to see actual ammo consumption=shot. Thing is the animation and sound is often out of sync with what the server makes of a shot.
A shot is handled by the server, the animation is on the client. Thats why you get those "failed" messages if something with the internet connection is not working.

You have to measure ammo consumption/min to figure shots/min.

Dunno if you guys have seen this yet but apparently Teiwaz Storm had spent a couple of his precious hours to cook up some simple attack speed measuring tool that parses from your own chatlog.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?280489-Attack-Speed-estimation-tool

And as far as his short testing have proven, so long as you shoot non-stop without any stops/interruptions in between, the tool actually gives a pretty close/accurate reading.

So perhaps you guys can consider putting forward some "proof" to shut the other side up? :confused:

Dunno if you guys have seen this yet but apparently Teiwaz Storm had spent a couple of his precious hours to cook up some simple attack speed measuring tool that parses from your own chatlog.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?280489-Attack-Speed-estimation-tool

And as far as his short testing have proven, so long as you shoot non-stop without any stops/interruptions in between, the tool actually gives a pretty close/accurate reading.

So perhaps you guys can consider putting forward some "proof" to shut the other side up? :confused:

I'd be willing to heal for the test with a t4 adj fap in a few hours from now.. Pick your mob..
I'm told that I'm a pretty agressive hunter so I do know when to tag the next mob to get a continues shooting..
I also think I have a decent hp to stay alive while the hunter finnishes off the 1 st mob..
PM me on PCF if intrested couse I don't have any other reason to log in to EU atm :)

Status
Back