Bugged guns used to win events [Disproven]

Status
And seems u dont like test results either.. now u can see it with ur own eyes, count the bars, its 44 per minute

https://youtu.be/mOuNomJj3zk
EDIT: up n processed

Great you did the first part...

Now figure out how a certain rings and pills gives it more reload than it should...presumably converting 10 perm skill buff to more reload speed.

Or whatever else is the trick that some users have talked about.

and

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Piotr again. (for the video)

Don't be so quick to believe an OWNER of the gun in question.

Great you did the first part...

Now figure out how a certain rings and pills gives it more reload than it should...presumably converting 10 perm skill buff to more reload speed.

Or whatever else is the trick that some users have talked about.

and

Don't be so quick to believe an OWNER of the gun in question.

facts:
1: My gun was only used by Linzey and only during HM
2: whoever made that 15% up has done poor testing or chose wrong method
3: As mentioned earlier in my post where i put test results (which have been ignored by all, cause u r here to fight, not to look at the facts right?) all gun acting strangely when having high AS buff
4: without buffs (just now tested) x800 has EXACTLY 44 uses per minute (which is 0% more than in description... sooo unfair)

So stop fkin taking rumors as facts and making a big fuss about it before actually knowing what is what

Wrote the facts on the 4th page and shit kept going for 10 more pages and even now u ask for sthing that i already wrote lol
Also dont believe gun owner but u cant rent the gun so u keep sayin same shit over n over again.. hyppocrasy is what it is... no offense but its boring now
Also u can easily check. Pop A pill put on ares ring and count the bars on ANY freakin gun

EDIT: Also why do u ask for tests if u just keep ignoring them? Even when done by multiple individuals? (me n fluske to start with)

Last edited:
Wrote the facts on the 4th page and shit kept going for 10 more pages and even now u ask for sthing that i already wrote lol
Also dont believe gun owner but u cant rent the gun so u keep sayin same shit over n over again.. hyppocrasy is what it is... no offense but its boring now
Also u can easily check. Pop A pill put on ares ring and count the bars on ANY freakin gun

EDIT: Also why do u ask for tests if u just keep ignoring them? Even when done by multiple individuals? (me n fluske to start with)

Ok then people be lying to me in order to make me make a thread to look stupid. :scratch2:

I can't help but think that the graphical aspect of this needs to be ignored as it's quite flawed. Lag and resync can can also effect the tests so who ever test needs to eliminate those anomalies. Another factor that doesn't matter is the dps. I'm quite tired of reading facts about this when the damage is dynamic, dps does not matter.

Also has anyone considered that is the gun behaves fine when no buffs are involved that it may actually be and issue with the ring, not the gun.

Seem completely ridiculous that a bunch of adults are bickering and not putting their heads together to come up with a bombproof strategy to test this gun.

If you have made a non productive argumentative post in this thread then shame on you, if you are playing this game at a level to be effected by this bug you should really know better than to bicker like this. This paragraph does make me a hypocrite in some ways but it's frustrating to read all this and not see any progress on the issue what so ever. Any valid point have been watered down by the back and forth.

I'm not a seasoned tester by any means but I can't help but think this needs to be tested in pvp where no creature interaction is required and a simple shots fired over 10 mins /10 should be performed 5-10 time. This should be done naked, with ring and with anyother combinations of items inquestion.

Come on guys lets put our heads together and actually achieve something instead of doing another 200posts of crap.

Ok then people be lying to me in order to make me make a thread to look stupid. :scratch2:

Does this mean you are ready to apologise here on forum and we can all put this thread to rest?

Thanks to Fluske and Piotr for doing tests. Thanks To Teiwaz for even going a step further n making an utilty for that.

Soko

Its obvious the bugged part of the attack speed is in the graphical representation of shooting. I've encountered this before while repairing on Normandie. Doesn't matter how much faster reload speed you have the animation doesn't change or is bugged (as in this case). The only way to determine a difference is looking at the speed ammo is spent which is basically what that AS program does (by parsing the chat log).

Does this mean you are ready to apologise here on forum and we can all put this thread to rest?

Thanks to Fluske and Piotr for doing tests. Thanks To Teiwaz for even going a step further n making an utilty for that.

Soko

i didnt do an actual test,i just know i averaged 330 kills per run of 2 hours and what setup i used (tier8 cdf800+hotfoot 50 + augmented ares + thorio+neuro-a)
the figure i distill from that data was that that setup according to entropiatools at constant shooting should be able to kill 360ish mobs..and i killed around 330..so my logical conclusing is that there aint an more bugged reload

to add to that,months ago i helped tiering the cdf1000..without rings,and i cant say i noticed any faster reload,i cant imagine i would not have noticed it in regular hunting

After following this thread and seeing how Teiwaz proved that there is nothing wrong with AS as long as it is not capped (Attack Speed estimation tool)

The only statement I've seen in here so far that mentions a specific bug is that AS (attacks/min) is somehow capped at 100 when you are buffed, which sounds like a general bug.
To prove this someone should use Teiwaz tool...

Anyway I had to do the numbers myself to see what this is all about.

Code:
CDF XTLC 800 t0
Standard max dmg/sec: 138 dmg / (60 sec / 44 attacks) = 101,2 dmg/sec (max)
Max dmg/sec with 30% reload buff: 138 dmg / (60 sec / 57,2 attacks) = 131,56 dmg/sec (max)

t7
Max dmg/sec with 30% reload buff: 234,6 dmg / (60 sec / 57,2 attacks) = 223,652 dmg/sec (max)

Mod Merc t0
Standard max dmg/sec: 67 dmg / (60 sec / 86 attacks) = 96,03 dmg/sec (max)
Max dmg/sec with 30% reload buff: 67 dmg / (60sec / 111,8 attacks) = 124,84 dmg/sec (max) (not possible according to reports that attack speed is capped at 100)
Max dmg/sec with 30% reload buff, capped: 67 dmg / (60sec / 100 attacks) = 111,66 dmg/sec (max, including AS cap)

t10
Max dmg/sec with 30% reload buff, capped: 134 dmg / (60 sec / 100 attacks) = 223,33 dmg/sec (max)

To me this shows me that Linzey did his homework and was smart enough not to use a weapon that was bugged when he could get his hands on a weapon that would help him achieve a better result.
With a AS cap of 100 the CDF XTLC 800 can easily beat the mod merc even with a lower tier...

After following this thread and seeing how Teiwaz proved that there is nothing wrong with AS as long as it is not capped (Attack Speed estimation tool)

The only statement I've seen in here so far that mentions a specific bug is that AS (attacks/min) is somehow capped at 100 when you are buffed, which sounds like a general bug.
To prove this someone should use Teiwaz tool...

Anyway I had to do the numbers myself to see what this is all about.

Code:
CDF XTLC 800 t0
Standard max dmg/sec: 138 dmg / (60 sec / 44 attacks) = 101,2 dmg/sec (max)
Max dmg/sec with 30% reload buff: 138 dmg / (60 sec / 57,2 attacks) = 131,56 dmg/sec (max)

t7
Max dmg/sec with 30% reload buff: 234,6 dmg / (60 sec / 57,2 attacks) = 223,652 dmg/sec (max)

Mod Merc t0
Standard max dmg/sec: 67 dmg / (60 sec / 86 attacks) = 96,03 dmg/sec (max)
Max dmg/sec with 30% reload buff: 67 dmg / (60sec / 111,8 attacks) = 124,84 dmg/sec (max) (not possible according to reports that attack speed is capped at 100)
Max dmg/sec with 30% reload buff, capped: 67 dmg / (60sec / 100 attacks) = 111,66 dmg/sec (max, including AS cap)

t10
Max dmg/sec with 30% reload buff, capped: 134 dmg / (60 sec / 100 attacks) = 223,33 dmg/sec (max)

To me this shows me that Linzey did his homework and was smart enough not to use a weapon that was bugged when he could get his hands on a weapon that would help him achieve a better result.
With a AS cap of 100 the CDF XTLC 800 can easily beat the mod merc even with a lower tier...

We were some friends that was sharing gear and after a while we started doing math and found out that the merc didnt perform as it should with all buffs.....I was devastated and thought to not compete at all and bought some essence to shoot some vampires hoping to loot something, had a great score from 3 hours of vamps so I asked to borrow a gun from piotr to do my full hours and did as many as I could of those shooting vampires since they seemed to give me a better score in average.

To be perfectly clear I did report that I thought the cdf800 was broken but possibly its the attackspeed buffs thats adding on top of eachother instead of a total % they add consecutive or something. Was simple math from damage done inside the instance and nothing you could call a proof.

I hope I brought some clarity to my own time in HM and as post above said I swapped because my own gun was broken (I sure hope they fix it soon)

//Linz

There's ppl ingame who claim to have received answer from Support confirming there's a bug with guns.
First 2 possibilities that come to mind: either the Support is wrong (has happened before) or ppl just made it all up.

However, if u think it over, there's a 3rd possibility. We never saw the original support case, we don't know what exactly was asked and what exactly was the answer.

Now we know without buffs the gun is perfectly fine.
We don't know what exactly happens when using high level buffs and rings. The support may have meant the combination not one single item. We don't know but it's possible.

That's why u should always request the original data, look at it with your own eyes before u make any conclusions. Ppl tend to skew the picture when they summarize it to you over chat. I know, cuz have fallen into this trap myself...

facts:
without buffs (just now tested) x800 has EXACTLY 44 uses per minute (which is 0% more than in description... sooo unfair)

So stop fkin taking rumors as facts and making a big fuss about it before actually knowing what is what

i just tested x400 without any buffs..44 attacks/min...and i m saying attacks as in damage..not how many times it produces shinny lights or flares..dont have enough pills to waste on tests :p

There's ppl ingame who claim to have received answer from Support confirming there's a bug with guns.
First 2 possibilities that come to mind: either the Support is wrong (has happened before) or ppl just made it all up.

However, if u think it over, there's a 3rd possibility. We never saw the original support case, we don't know what exactly was asked and what exactly was the answer.

Now we know without buffs the gun is perfectly fine.
We don't know what exactly happens when using high level buffs and rings. The support may have meant the combination not one single item. We don't know but it's possible.

That's why u should always request the original data, look at it with your own eyes before u make any conclusions. Ppl tend to skew the picture when they summarize it to you over chat. I know, cuz have fallen into this trap myself...

I agree its alright people saying others has said this and that. Unless you can show evidence its just hear say and lets face it MA will not come forward to say anything.

Unless MA makes an official statement that a particular gun is not allowed to be used, there's no problem using it in events or otherwise. And you can't trust what support says privately... they will give different answers to different people, at least this has happened in the past.

Based on recent events, it would appear that events have moved from most kills points to actually looting points instead, making it more random and providing hope for any avatar to steal a big win.

I had couple 1000 point finds in the Halloween event, and if I based that on ratio of kills to points some of soc mates did, I out pointed them for the time I completed.

So I don't think it's a big deal, and highly likely MM will go the same way this year, because more people would compete.

Still the forum allows certain weapons to be listed at outrageous sales values, even without taking into account obvious changes in game. I guess we have one rule for some, and another rule for everyone else.

It don't matter how big your gun is, just hit some decent big point loots. Obviously more chance with more kills, but you never know.

Good luck in the forthcoming MM

Rick

My songkra dagger with 65 attacks swings once.. but on screen I get 2 damage results per swing.
So the swing is like 32 attacks per minute.. but I get twice the damage. I cannot rely on the visual, but I can rely on the attacks that I see on screen.

Now Songkra isn't a contender for any of these events.. But since buck already posted on the first page of this thread that it's possibly the animation that's at fault here... couldn't that still be the case?

My songkra dagger with 65 attacks swings once.. but on screen I get 2 damage results per swing.
So the swing is like 32 attacks per minute.. but I get twice the damage. I cannot rely on the visual, but I can rely on the attacks that I see on screen.

Now Songkra isn't a contender for any of these events.. But since buck already posted on the first page of this thread that it's possibly the animation that's at fault here... couldn't that still be the case?

This does happen when you swap weapons and the first two shots double up. The melee animation, as you are suggesting, has been flawed for over a year. It is hard on the eyes of people who are primary melee.

You can also notice that sounds and anims aren't in synch with the damage output.
That a gun is actually bugged or not, you can point it out to Mindark, but if they resolved previous bugs they wouldn't have this one ( IF the XLTC guns are actually bugged.)

Is not just animation bugged but swing/shoot sound too.
Btw ava take stand still position for a sec between each swing and that is years old bug.
You hear swing or hit sound once on two hits or on two damage displayed in chat or on two reload bar animations.
Yes you hear swing sound 32 times per minute.
I have that bug with other fast melee weapons too.(fist and blade).

I have that bug with corrosive III mentor edition too. (reload is 63/minit)
But don't have any problem with slow first gen electric attack chip VIII (reload 37/minit)

I didn't observed ranged guns animation so cant say if is bugged but one is sure - I hear one shoot sound on two shots/damage done in chat, one shoot sound on two reload bar animations - so half of what I should hear on my pistol.
Imp M2870 have 67 reload and it do 67 shoots, 67 x damage per minute but i hear only 33 shoots in minute.
For my handgun sound bug is so evident that you don't need any program to test it.
Maybe is not exactly on thread topic but I feel that we need take in consideration all known bugs about it.

Last edited:
Well this is my own observation from team hunt on Aurli broods

1st team members with XTLC 600+A106 with 7% reload speed buffed
2nd team members with Camo Predator+dante with 11% reload speed buffed

on flat stats Camo predator is already bit higher DPS, without reload buffs
on this case the Camo should've had even more difference in dps.
BUT to our surprise the XTLC 600 kept out dps the Camo Predator constantly.
That could happen few times here and there in team hunt sure, but this kept going for the rest of the hunt, XTLC600 kept out dps Camo Predator, none of the guns were enhanced.

I will not start point fingers or side with other, this is just the observations i made from the gun.
Thank you! These are the tests and data that I hope more people will share if they have access to these guns...

The problem is not many who own the gun want to speak up.
R u serious ??:scratch2::confused:
these results do not prove anything...

R u serious ??:scratch2::confused:
these results do not prove anything...

This is not a thread about the gun.
Its a hunt to destroy rep for atleast 1 person.

Several people own this gun, several people use this gun inside mayhem and outside, still only comment on 1 person who did borrow this weapon once.

All test so far show that the weapon isnt even bugged!!! this is a big joke and all people who have spoken so bad about this and spread false rumers last weeks has no rep in my eyes anymore.

Never bumped into this thread before, and now it became tldr
I suppose there is a potential of someone messing with their computers timer. Not sure if the server will average over time, but EULA doesn't allowed us to check.

This is not a thread about the gun.
Its a hunt to destroy rep for atleast 1 person.

Several people own this gun, several people use this gun inside mayhem and outside, still only comment on 1 person who did borrow this weapon once.

All test so far show that the weapon isnt even bugged!!! this is a big joke and all people who have spoken so bad about this and spread false rumers last weeks has no rep in my eyes anymore.

I own both the XTLC800 and XTLC1000, as far as I know without testing they are not bugged. I would have offered to help with testing but I saw the OP's original post before it was edited and it wasn't about seeking information, it was about calling out those of us who use the gun as scammers/exploiters so any interest I had in helping died on the spot.

I really hope for an apology but seriously doubt one is coming. The best I can hope for is that this nonsense finally stops.

/mod note/

This thread has been kept open to enable any test results of the attack speed for these weapons to be published, so that this issue can be laid to rest one way or another.

Teiwaz Storm has created a tool that enables this to be done fairly simply and at no cost (by shooting at a stationary pet).
(Note that this should be done using the relevant buffs, not just the gun on its own, as I think is all that been confirmed so far.)

If the allegations of 'bugged' weapons made in the first post are thoroughly tested and dis-proven, I would very much like to see the thread-starter make a sincere and public apology to the players that he accused of intentionally exploiting.

Serica;3438770 If the allegations of 'bugged' weapons made in the first post are thoroughly tested and dis-proven said:
very[/U] much like to see the thread-starter make a sincere and public apology to the players that he accused of intentionally exploiting.

I don't see names of any players accused? Maybe they were redacted?

I don't see names of any players accused? Maybe they were redacted?

There's no names written, but when references and accusations are made towards the owner/lender of a weapon which there's only 1 in-game, it is not hard to figure out what the insinuation is.

So the apology would look something along the lines of:

"To whom it may concern (the "Party of the First Part"), I [insert name here] [but question whether inserting name is permitted under forum rules] wholeheartedly and unreservedly offer my apology to the Party of the First Part, for not actually naming you, but alluding to the possible fact that I had reason to believe you were or may be the only owner of a certain weapon which was and indeed may still be believed to be bugged. If indeed you are or maybe the owner of such weapon then I apologise for [insert list of reasons here]. If you have sold the weapon then this limited apology does not attach to such weapon."

The next time I am in Sweden I shall of course expect to receive coffee on the house (so to speak) :yay:

So the apology would look something along the lines of:

"To whom it may concern (the "Party of the First Part"), I [insert name here] [but question whether inserting name is permitted under forum rules] wholeheartedly and unreservedly offer my apology to the Party of the First Part, for not actually naming you, but alluding to the possible fact that I had reason to believe you were or may be the only owner of a certain weapon which was and indeed may still be believed to be bugged. If indeed you are or maybe the owner of such weapon then I apologise for [insert list of reasons here]. If you have sold the weapon then this limited apology does not attach to such weapon."

The next time I am in Sweden I shall of course expect to receive coffee on the house (so to speak) :yay:

Why cant he just sorry the information i received was wrong after further testing we have found there is no bug. I did mean to accuse anyone per say, its just people who used these gun won events with them. You dont have to make out to sound a legal document.

I am not saying the guns are not bugged, still waiting on MA to make statement and also waiting to see a pig fly.

I forget - Irony is a distinctly British sense of humour :cool:

And sarcasm is the lowest form of wit ;)

Status
Back