Famed Avatar, Virtual World Legend Jon NEVERDIE Jacobs Announces Run For ... - PR Newswire (press release)

I'd just like to see the reaction to someone walking up to the stands and announcing themselves as VR president. :laugh:.

Neverdie is a charismatic individual, so he could probably stay in character long enough to convince people that he is actually serious.

Imagine the laughter at E3 when some "planet partner" form some tiny little MMO that virtually nobody's heard of shows up and declares "Behold! It is I, Jon Jacobs, duly elected Grand Poobah of Virtual Reality! I am your ruler, bow down before me!"

:eyecrazy::laugh::eyecrazy::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Like the guy (ND) and i know he has some brilliant idea's. However, looking at his personal project RT's lack of growth over these many years ( when compared to ark) - i would dare say ND's PR and marketing peole are not quite pulling their weight in a full cycle or ballanced way.

Are they even monitoring these threads like a good consultancy should ? Hello ? :D

Last edited:
Like the guy (ND) and i know he has some brilliant idea's. However, looking at his personal project RT's lack of growth over these many years ( when compared to ark) - i would dare say ND's PR and marketing peole are not quite pulling their weight in a full cycle ballanced way.

I love RT, but i do feel ND do not help his self at times. His seems to have very strange relationship with MA and he has some good ideas, but implementing them is whole knew ball game. I have asked him many times for RT finders serious, but he keeps say MA is the problem. I dont get why as Ark has their own. He has also mentioned in RT chat that in March we will have universal voting system so we can lobby MA and that's what we have to do now to get them implemented.

I do feel that RT could of grown a lot better with someone else in charge and with more financial backing.

I love RT, but i do feel ND do not help his self at times. His seems to have very strange relationship with MA and he has some good ideas, but implementing them is whole knew ball game. I have asked him many times for RT finders serious, but he keeps say MA is the problem. I dont get why as Ark has their own. He has also mentioned in RT chat that in March we will have universal voting system so we can lobby MA and that's what we have to do now to get them implemented.

I do feel that RT could of grown a lot better with someone else in charge and with more financial backing.

They spun out some excellent theme deals but all were completely under leveraged. It seems his people/person (?) can make the big deals but not work it all the way through to reach out at the support base of those names. Seems to me they are more on the "Celeb" Publicist side than actual "consumer tech" PR (yes i know, but there IS a fine line of difference). Ie they connect, make deals and thats it (no or limited full cycle delivery) . In Public Affairs (Political PR) when i have a PA client i am sometimes on the lobbyists front for various causes, groups and candidates, so i know how that goes (yes i still trade in forex - but i do that at night)

Point is i hope his PR people/person make the planet thrive as a show of what he could be like as "President" Atm the state of things is that it makes him look like a guy in a rented hummer with a loudspeaker on someone elses block looking for high fives - cause his own block's only got 10/40 (?) - know what i mean. I know he is better than that(?) with idea's to boot, but he needs the right people to bring that out and show what he can do. ND's is a good spokesman, but the other half of his picture is his baby...RT. Jackup your own block first then go claim more territory - but all that is your peoples/persons job. They need to get down real good or get out cause atm it's all weeds (sadly) and big posters.

As for the items mentioned i suspect ND wanted to bring out some really different better tools. MA declines the stats and ND pretty much sees no point in designing something new that already exists....SPECULATION ! he is the showman, a damn good front man....but he needs the right folks behind him tapping the right angles so his shine and more importantly for now, his planet can get some serious reach to reflect his competance as a potential president.....

PS i might have it all wrong, seeing as i am in the litigation support pr, professional services pr and public affairs side with no consumer tech and gaming pr - but it is clear his people/person need to do a retake on their strategy for him and RT.

Last edited:
A warning to Entropia about the false use of VR

This whole "VR" thing is going to make or break entropia. So far from what I am seeing it will ruin us entirely.
Mindark, and moreso, Neverdie, have no idea what Virtual reality even is. This game, is not virtual reality, it is a virtual world at most. WoW is most definitely not a virtual reality.

Neverdie and a lot of you, are stuck in the 1996 mindset of project entropia's vision of a 3d internet.

Virtual reality is resurfacing as a billion dollar market, and many companies (Sony, Facebook, Steam, HTC) are working very hard to change peoples opinion about VR. This includes properly defining what virtual reality is and what it means to experience it. They are working hard to make sure people know virtual reality is experience through TECH, NOT SOFTWARE. This game, is not virtual reality, it could possibly be a virtual world which we could experience in virtual reality. To do this, we would need TECH, we would need to wear a head mounted display. Then and only then, would be be experiencing ENTROPIA in Virtual Reality, however, it would not make Entropia a virtual reality, at most it is a virtual world.

This whole president of Virtual Reality shit is bullshit, and once the big money catches on to MindArk actively attempting to undermine their investment in VR, their definition of VR, and public opinion of VR, they will start to retaliate...

Below is a copy and paste of what I wrote in game, basically repeating what I wrote above with worse spelling and grammar. I used it to rewrite this but I am going to leave it.

VR right now means head mounted displays and NOTHING else to anyone who matters. If neverdie even opened his mouth at that VR conference he went to today, he made a fool of himself. He has 1996 Project entropia's idea of 3d internet as "Virtual reaility" in his head, This game isn't virtual reality by any currently used definition, And all the big VR companies are working extremely hard to make sure people know the difference

Basically now that the VR market is opening again VR meaning head mounted display that lets you experience a true virtual reality. This game is a 'virtual world' but is not a reality as it does not have support for headsets Basically, they are trying to make the "VR" brand as the headsets and tech, not the software whereas entropia is trying to make "VR" mean their game for some reason and even other games like WoW are somehow "VR" in their definition.
That definition will offend the billion dollar companies and their efforts to define VR.

Last edited by a moderator:
As said in the Matrix..."what is real?"

Just because companies working on new VR tech, are trying to make it more real, doesn't mean EU is 'NOT' virtual.

Your view is that something is only virtual in the sense that it utilises more or all the senses, immerses you deeper into accepting a virtual consciousness is a real world. Tries to convince your mind that it is real, much like the virtual Everest mounting climb out there.

How real or virtual are these new rollercoasters coming online recently, that go know where, but let you experience actual g-force.

EU is just bytes but it grabs many of your senses, besides even if we had a holographic world how many of us are fit enough to actually take part? So there is market for armchair VR.

Maybe you might smile after you die, if you find out your consciousness was linked in to a one hour training program. What was your purpose then? Maybe its a test program, to see if your suitable candidate for something else.....maybe another VR world.

If you believe its real enough, it's virtual enough.

Rick

Hopefully any president or other elected vr officials will at least try to learn some vrml. It was fun trying to hand code that stuff years ago. .

How real or virtual are these new rollercoasters coming online recently, that go know where, but let you experience actual g-force.

Rick

Went on one of those in 1996 Blackpool, England. No idea if it is still there. Good for those who do have Acrophobia.

It was good, but the blood drained from my face from 'the real deal' Pepsi Max ride. Tried to help organise a UK meet there some may remember last year.

Blackpool is the UK Las Vegas, gambling, drinking and the other thing.

Me to. look just what he did with Arkadia a ex player and he knows how players like it. :)

That would be cool I hope he is reading this forum! :)

:offtopic:

Would never vote for Neverdie because everyone knows He-Warants- MA has been a little to much "friends" for many years.

As said in the Matrix..."what is real?"

Just because companies working on new VR tech, are trying to make it more real, doesn't mean EU is 'NOT' virtual.

Your view is that something is only virtual in the sense that it utilises more or all the senses, immerses you deeper into accepting a virtual consciousness is a real world. Tries to convince your mind that it is real, much like the virtual Everest mounting climb out there.

EU is just bytes but it grabs many of your senses, besides even if we had a holographic world how many of us are fit enough to actually take part? So there is market for armchair VR.

Maybe you might smile after you die, if you find out your consciousness was linked in to a one hour training program. What was your purpose then? Maybe its a test program, to see if your suitable candidate for something else.....maybe another VR world.

If you believe its real enough, it's virtual enough.

Rick
You said it yourself. This game is virtual that's for sure. It's no reality though

Back