Famed Avatar, Virtual World Legend Jon NEVERDIE Jacobs Announces Run For ... - PR Newswire (press release)

Entropia as a whole is a bit far fetched, otherwise we would still have CND and the League.

ps. someone pointed out the creation date, i simply am against that kind of favoritism.

If you remember CND was sold to fund rocktopia.

Entropia as a whole is a bit far fetched, otherwise we would still have CND and the League.

ps. someone pointed out the creation date, i simply am against that kind of favoritism.

Who's to say that all planet partners weren't notified? Considering their investment in EU I think it makes a lot of sense for Mindark to release this kind of information to them earlier.

Or are we all going to play naive and pretend that a company's largest investors never get special treatment?

I wonder if Planet Partners have to make a support case when they want to add a new mob to their planet? :dunce:

Either way, I don't see how any of this is ND's fault. If you have a problem with what you call "favoritism", you should be directing the criticism towards Mindark.

Who's to say that all planet partners weren't notified? Considering their investment in EU I think it makes a lot of sense for Mindark to release this kind of information to them earlier.

Or are we all going to play naive and pretend that a company's largest investors never get special treatment?

I wonder if Planet Partners have to make a support case when they want to add a new mob to their planet? :dunce:

Either way, I don't see how any of this is ND's fault. If you have a problem with what you call "favoritism", you should be directing the criticism towards Mindark.

So far all we know is after a participant did the digging (so not made public by ND) we know he had inside info on what was to come, i rather criticize everyone involved then blame MA for this favoritism.

Just a thought
ND owns rocktropia, should he be disqualified ?
on the grounds that if he did become president it would effectively be the same as if MA who own calypso, just had one of their employees assigned the role.

Im my eyes it needs to be someone free of a planet partner tie.

What would there be to stop the funds being directed in a bias manner towards RT

the president should have no bias.

Last edited:
Just a thought
ND owns rocktropia, should he be disqualified ?
on the grounds that if he did become president it would effectively be the same as if MA who own calypso, just had one of their employees assigned the role.

Im my eyes it needs to be someone free of a planet partner tie.

What would there be to stop the funds being directed in a bias manner towards RT

the president should have no bias.

ok, this thread has gone full circle I guess ...

ok, this thread has gone full circle I guess ...
It has indeed.
Just one new (funny) idea was thrown in the mix: the biggest contributor to Wikipedia should become a President.
Just imagine this nerdy type person (not meant as offense!) staring at the mic all frozen up inside at the press conference desperately trying to squeeze out a few words. While he should sway the audience with his lightning fast witty remarks and natural charm.

A classic example how easily best intentions can lead to disastrous results... :cool:

That's why I suggested Felicia Day and Serica nominated Wil Wheaton as alternatives.

Felicia is a known PC gamer and has been for years if she isn't aware of EU I'd be surprised.

It won't happen but at least they're real alternatives as at the moment it's looking like ND will win by default.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but anyway I was thinking about the following pass few days.

If a "regular player" becomes President, MA will have less control, cos :

A regular player may need to stop playing for a few weeks, months, years (cos of real life commitments like work, etc - I know I have been on a couple of year long breaks at least). After all you don't get paid in this position and so this can't be your main priority.

A regular player may get pissed at loot / bugs / other issues, and may decide to quit or complain publicly (which will be a PR disaster for MA, since it's the "President" and not just a regular player anymore)

A regular player will be an unknown (hey that's my avatar's name!), in terms of real life background. If elected as President, unfavourable background info may be released, which is detrimental to MA / Entropia (what do you mean the President said this? / did this? / stays where? / etc etc)

So, yeah, I think MA probably got most things related to being President planned out, including the likely winner.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but anyway I was thinking about the following pass few days.

A regular player may need to stop playing for a few weeks, months, years (cos of real life commitments like work, etc - I know I have been on a couple of year long breaks at least). After all you don't get paid in this position and so this can't be your main priority.

A regular player may get pissed at loot / bugs / other issues, and may decide to quit or complain publicly (which will be a PR disaster for MA, since it's the "President" and not just a regular player anymore)

A regular player will be an unknown (hey that's my avatar's name!), in terms of real life background. If elected as President, unfavourable background info may be released, which is detrimental to MA / Entropia (what do you mean the President said this? / did this? / stays where? / etc etc)

So, yeah, I think MA probably got most things related to being President planned out, including the likely winner.

This isn't an in-game position, and it won't be electing an avatar, but a person.

This isn't an in-game position, and it won't be electing an avatar, but a person.

Exactly. Hence even more reason for what I said.

ofc its a in-game position only for entropians.

Dont fall for the illusion from MA that some other game would care about this.

It's a wasted marketing exercise if it's for Entropians. The point was to try and get other people interested in EU again and to get them to create an account without having to spend any money.

If only EU players vote then it's not achieved a thing as most people will not be interested. If I were in the team behind this I'd be chasing well known people and offering them the job or atleast a free entry just to get headlines. As right now it feels more like 'We've chosen ND has VR president but we need to try to make it look like we made an effort to find someone else'

Part of the problem is that MA are trying to act as if they're in the big leagues and they just aren't, the big MMO's and mobile games makers spend more on marketing in a week than MA turnover in a year.

Last edited:
It's a wasted marketing exercise if it's for Entropians. The point was to try and get other people interested in EU again and to get them to create an account without having to spend any money.

If only EU players vote then it's not achieved a thing as most people will not be interested. If I were in the team behind this I'd be chasing well known people and offering them the job or atleast a free entry just to get headlines. As right now it feels more like 'We've chosen ND has VR president but we need to try to make it look like we made an effort to find someone else'

Part of the problem is that MA are trying to act as if they're in the big leagues and they just aren't, the big MMO's and mobile games makers spend more on marketing in a week than MA turnover in a year.

They should make a rule, that you must of been to 2 expo's and promoted the game at each one to be able to participate.

It's all completely irrelevant, unless i have missed something. There is no job, per-se, no job description, nothing. Just some words MA put out there, probably in a drunken pub chat, saying, "We should make up a fake VR position to try to gain more players."

This has got to be one of the biggest ass's waste of time, MA has ever come up with.

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: what MA really meant to say, was. "We have no idea how to advertise this game. We are morons when it comes to advertising. Lets get someone to do it for us. And get them to pay us a fee, while they are at it."

It's all completely irrelevant, unless i have missed something. There is no job, per-se, no job description, nothing. Just some words MA put out there, probably in a drunken pub chat, saying, "We should make up a fake VR position to try to gain more players."

This has got to be one of the biggest ass's waste of time, MA has ever come up with.

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: what MA really meant to say, was. "We have no idea how to advertise this game. We are morons when it comes to advertising. Lets get someone to do it for us. And get them to pay us a fee, while they are at it."

That was awesome Ace! spot on!! :D

Well as advertising it's not doing well as there's been no follow up since it was announced. :laugh:

Well as advertising it's not doing well as there's been no follow up since it was announced. :laugh:

Agreed, i have no idea who the candidates are (apart from ND). I though the vote was in February? :confused:

Agreed, i have no idea who the candidates are (apart from ND). I though the vote was in February? :confused:

I havent seen much advertisement or media hype about the virtual presidency , so i guess not many non-entropians have seen much of it either - mindark counted on 'potential presidents' creating the media hype to gather votes - however Neverdie doesnt have to create much hype if noone else is standing against him...

PS: On a second thought its quite likely that the presidency position was created with Neverdie on mind so he can go out publically as VR president and do advertisement for entropia again.

Why would anyone bother running against a planet partner?

It's just like the very first elections in written history, when the God brought Eve to Adam and said "Choose yourself a wife" :D

According to Jewish folklore, Lilith was Adam's first wife. When she left her husband God created Eve as Adam's second wife.

Regarding the thread topic, "Polls will close on March 27, 2016"

According to Jewish folklore, Lilith was Adam's first wife. When she left her husband God created Eve as Adam's second wife.
and then Lilith became the mother of all the monsters. Without her the grand tradition of monsters hiding in the wild or in the dark would never have come about... and a result mobs in mmos like Entropia wouldn't be there. Thank you mother Lilith for bringing us Iron Challenges. ;)

Whether ND wins or not, I think it will be great for EU to have a (entropian) player working directly with MA on game issues.

Personally i would have gone with a "President of EU" rather than one for the whole of VR. Maybe for each of the planets to have an ambassador which forms part of a council that directly works with the individual planets and with MA as a collective would have been good as a starting point. Especially as MA doesn't appear to have the support of the other big games anyway.

If the candidate isn't an entropian player, say someone from WoW gets nominated, then i can't see how this will benefit EU or for that matter WoW :laugh:

Therefore a vote for ND is at least a vote for someone who might put EU interests first :D

Nobody from WoW has even heard of this, much less ponied up the $1000 dollars. It is purely another ND publicity stunt. Of course he's going to be "elected" because everyone else has already forgotten about it. As far as ND representing the players' interests, ND represents ND's interests. He is not a player, he is a "Planet Partner".

like i said before the president is not going to change anything ingame why you need a president to make changes that they didnt do it before its just a pr thing and give more money away maybe someone in there famaly need a job that a good way to give them

PS: On a second thought its quite likely that the presidency position was created with Neverdie on mind so he can go out publically as VR president and do advertisement for entropia again.

He's PP he can advertise EU right now, nothing is stopping him. As long as he follow advertising rules then he can advertise RT as much as he wants.

I'd love to see the general reaction to the winner, who ever it might be, at E3 in June.

Last edited:
Oh, no. Are they actually taking this to E3?

Well if the president is supposed to talk to other gaming companies regarding VR I'd assume this was the obvious place to do it.

I'd just like to see the reaction to someone walking up to the stands and announcing themselves as VR president. :laugh:.

Last edited:
Back