The Modern Entropia Player

Eduardo

Provider
Society
Jaguar Spirit
That´s right, this is about the modern entropia player, you, you and you.

"Oh look, what a wonderful mob. I´ll hunt that. Oh yes, beautiful gear. Brilliant.

I´m ready.

I´ll grind my socs outs.

Time to sell loooooot. Let´s go to the auction house! Yay!

Hmm, the MU on this loot is 200% MU (as an example). Hmm, some people are selling it at 180-210%.

I´ll sell it for 140% MU, and a buyout of 160%! What a good idea!

2 Hours later, it has sold. What a good deal! Now I can hunt again, this is a fantastic system. I sell fast and have peds fast.

Few "weeks" later.

This game is a scam, evil hungry MA does not give me swirlies to compensate for losses. Greedy bastards."

And that my friends, is the modern Entropia Universe player. Someone who undercuts and thinks it is a good deal, but then complain that they lose too much money, or that their money does not roll enough times. Well, that´s what you get for wanting that yourself. If you tried, maybe you could complain. But it´s a common hobby to sink the boat now.

Or am I wrong? What is your opinion of the modern Entropia Universe player at the moment? :scratch2:

Last edited:
Modern player = Everyone else should change except me.

Modern player = Everyone else should change except me.

That's just the modern person.. not really entropia player exclusively. Self absorbed.. the special/participation trophy generation.

But what Eduardo says is mostly true. Undercutting to extend bankroll rather than have the bankroll to wait for proper price peaks. Not easy.

That has nothing to do with modern anything. It describes a basic behavioral psychological principle; the choice between an instant, smaller gratification and a larger, deferred reward. Most people choose the instant gratification because the reward is given immediately.

When the parents give a child $5 for a gift, most children will choose to spend it on candy right now, rather than save it for a nice toy a year from now.

Last edited:
That has nothing to do with modern anything. It describes a basic behavioral psychological principle; the choice between an instant, smaller gratification and a larger, deferred reward. Most people choose the instant gratification because the reward is elicited immediately.

When the parents give a child $5 for a gift, most children will choose to spend it on candy right now, rather than save it for a nice toy a year from now.

Very interesting concept. I think I was the latter kid, shame my dad spent it and doesn´t want to give back a pec. Had netiher I guess. :laugh:

That's just the modern person.. not really entropia player exclusively. Self absorbed.. the special/participation trophy generation.

Oh! Oh! And that´s another potential venting thread! :mad: <--- Tomato face.

doesnt matter how hard you try, you can never escape the idiots

doesnt matter how hard you try, you can never escape the idiots

There is a saying (if you call it that) in my country that says, "Si los tontos pudieran volar, no se vería el cielo.", which translates to, "If dumb people could fly, you would not see the sky".

It´s silly I know. :tongue2: We can never avoid/escape them. :computer:

Maybe you should consider that some people have better skills/equipment and can sell loot for cheaper than others and still getting ahead?

Undercutting or not undercutting matters precious little in the long run. Supply and demand are what they are and even if 90% of miners started to hoard lyst it wouldn't go back to 115% (it was there in historically recent times).

The real issue is failure to consider the market before acquiring significant quantity of something. Hundreds of people are shooting "wonderful mobs" with zero markup in them every day.

There is a saying (if you call it that) in my country that says, "Si los tontos pudieran volar, no se vería el cielo.", which translates to, "If dumb people could fly, you would not see the sky".

I remember a similar variation on that saying, heard it on the radio decades ago:

"If idiots could fly, the skies would be black." :laugh:

That has nothing to do with modern anything. It describes a basic behavioral psychological principle; the choice between an instant, smaller gratification and a larger, deferred reward. Most people choose the instant gratification because the reward is given immediately.

The above is I believe what Coelacanth is refering to.

It's basically human psychology, some are able to wait and receive an increased reward and some want whatever they can get now.

In adult terms it is save up for that 55 inch TV set you have set your heart on for £800 or pay one of these exorbitant pay per week companies £1500 over 3 years.

The Modern Entropia player I very much suspect, is exactly the same as the Ancient Entropia player but they are spread over 6 planets so some of us never ever meet now. Polar Bear / Penguin sort of thing. ;)

The above is I believe what Coelacanth is refering to.

It's basically human psychology, some are able to wait and receive an increased reward and some want whatever they can get now.

In adult terms it is save up for that 55 inch TV set you have set your heart on for £800 or pay one of these exorbitant pay per week companies £1500 over 3 years.

The Modern Entropia player I very much suspect, is exactly the same as the Ancient Entropia player but they are spread over 6 planets so some of us never ever meet now. Polar Bear / Penguin sort of thing. ;)

Hahaha, that was a very funny video, specifically at the end where the dog kid puts that face. Those marshmellows. :whistle:

An interesting theory. :wise:

I remember a similar variation on that saying, heard it on the radio decades ago:

"If idiots could fly, the skies would be black." :laugh:

It must be an international "case" known everywhere. :dunce: :silly2:

Undercutting or not undercutting matters precious little in the long run. Supply and demand are what they are and even if 90% of miners started to hoard lyst it wouldn't go back to 115% (it was there in historically recent times).

The real issue is failure to consider the market before acquiring significant quantity of something. Hundreds of people are shooting "wonderful mobs" with zero markup in them every day.

A sad truth, but many people don´t give appropriate margins for buyout. It could be something many people could experiment with. :(

There is only 2 endless things:

1 - The Universe
2 - Stupidity of mankind

Well not 100% sure about 1 :)

It is not limited to EU its everywhere and everyday - check news daily and you will see!

I'm more at the state "can you even loot some with MU this days?!":laugh:

There is only 2 endless things:

1 - The Universe
2 - Stupidity of mankind

Well not 100% sure about 1 :)

It is not limited to EU its everywhere and everyday - check news daily and you will see!

Einstein? :trout:

There're those that are here to skill, and those that are self interested in extracting as much as possible from the game.

I do my own thing, patience and karma are best friends in EU.

Rick

Back