Merry Mayhem 2015 Info

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
The holiday season is fast approaching, which of course means it’s time for some mayhem!

The highly popular Merry Mayhem event will see many changes this year, combining elements from other Mayhem-style events as well as older incarnations of Merry Mayhem.

This year’s event will feature just two categories: Solo and Free For All, with five instance areas for each category. The Free For All category is a new twist on the former Team category, and will allow groups of participants to work together to accumulate points. Free For All event tokens are tradable, allowing participants to farm point tokens that can be sold to the highest bidder, or turned in to increase their own event scores!

As in recent years, the solo Merry Mayhem category will have a 40-hour requirement to qualify for prizes, and will use the popular 40-hour normalized scoring system. The Free For All category will have no time requirements or limitations, in true Mayhem fashion!

Full event details and prizes will be announced early next week.

To give participants ample time to plan and prepare themselves for this exciting event, event dates are as follows:

Event Start: Thursday, December 17, 2015, 1400 UTC
Event End: Monday, January 11, 2016, 1400 UTC

Originally Posted Here

The Free For All category will have no time requirements or limitations, in true Mayhem fashion!

So biggest pedcard with most freetime wins?

GL to all the participants, ill be available for DPS support :yay:

Cry in 3 2 1 now

I proudly present you my first guest Helena :)

Last edited:
. Free For All event tokens are tradable, allowing participants to farm point tokens that can be sold to the highest bidder, or turned in to increase their own event scores!

hah what i adviced

EDIT: well almost what i adviced :D

Free For All event tokens are tradable, allowing participants to farm point tokens that can be sold to the highest bidder

Makes sense. If you can't defeat farming, lead it.

Wow, trade-able tokens, Free for All, that's gonna be a real mayhem. .

I am little bit sad we are not seeing a classic team mayhem, I was just looking so much forward to participate in this one.

But well, we might still do so in Free for All!

A good solution, to allow a few people to purchase their christmas gifts and alot of others to get some small gifts handed out (tradeable tokens) during hunt.

Chamges seems nice, a chance for all to get a small part of winning price!! Nice and best of luck to all, cya there!! :)

I haven't done mayhem before, what's the general strategy for average mid level players here?

Do 40 hours solo, then do free for all?

Admit your avatar luck sucks and you don't have uber gear and just do free for all to try and farm tokens to sell?

Is there time to do both?

I haven't done mayhem before, what's the general strategy for average mid level players here?

Do 40 hours solo, then do free for all?

Admit your avatar luck sucks and you don't have uber gear and just do free for all to try and farm tokens to sell?

Is there time to do both?

No point asking for strategy, this one's new to us all and we don't have the rules yet.

Looks to me like they just killed the best team event of the year.

Bid war mayhem. So much for a hunting competition

Free For All event tokens are tradable, allowing participants to farm point tokens that can be sold to the highest bidder, or turned in to increase their own event scores!

I like the idea, but have a question:
Does this mean that with enough peds I can win Cat 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 without even entering the instance?
Or Can I only get tokens for my cat?

omg...no time limit

The ppl with bigger pedcard for buying token ...no real life work so play 20 hrs/day win this time..

since noone knows how many tokens some1 needs for a price..its a battle between players...
and some wont buy for e.g. 50000 token and then get nothing...

if that is the new golden way...we will see where it goes...

have talken through some ppl in different socs...the are waiting for prices announcement ...but the mood is getting

to slow motion/just fun hunting and not the full package hunt with full teams/gear ..etc...

Kr,
Eddie

And people called me an idiot because I said MM rules would change this year since all the armor has been paid out. :]

Well, we will see where this goes

Could you please confirm that modmerc and the other guns which are bugged to use speed buffs are going to be fixed before the event? Seriously doubt I will participate solo if this is not the case.
The highly popular Merry Mayhem event will see many changes this year, combining elements from other Mayhem-style events as well as older incarnations of Merry Mayhem.

Merry WoF hem....?:scratch2::scratch2:

And people called me an idiot because I said MM rules would change this year since all the armor has been paid out. :]

Everybody knew they had to change something so the Terminator couldn't win all teams.
This way it could be limited to Cat3 or rented to someone with a 500k ped card.
Cause the, no time limit rule would "lock" any gun for the duration of the event, on the free for all

I think the community could well use some further information on those new solo categories i.e. lvl caps.. ?!

I like the idea, but have a question:
Does this mean that with enough peds I can win Cat 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 without even entering the instance?
Or Can I only get tokens for my cat?

As I understand it, there's just 2 competitions 1x solo (40hr normalized score) and 1x free for all (max points). But you can hunt on mobs of your choise (level 1->5)

or am I wrong?

Prediction 1: Tokens will be TT food within a day of the event starting.
Prediction 2: "Winning" will involve handing over large amounts of tokens to buy items.
Prediction 3: Most people won't realise how damaging this is to the economy, until it's too late.

We all knew it was gonna change. No one called you an idiot. After the uproars last year, anyone with a brain new it was changing, especially since the armor was complete.

I know every thread of yours needs to be either "I told ya so" or a complaint about complainers threads, but jeesh it's getting old..

On the OP,
At least now they will have to PAY for it (for the free-for-all half of the events anyhow) and borrowing the best guns and using alts won't be enough.

Because it can be paid for now, ALL the people that grind there for tokens should be able to profit a little bit from the greed and the money the rich and the chosen people have :D

This part was a good idea.

But the Solo cats will be the same old douchebaggery of douchebags. Hopefully when they expand the rules, there will be some tighter restrictions and more random prizes like 90% of us have asked for for years.!

Prediction 1: Tokens will be TT food within a day of the event starting.

Depends on droprate and difficulty of the "free for all instances", hopefully they'll need a big team to get serious tokens.

But the Solo cats will be the same old douchebaggery of douchebags. Hopefully when they expand the rules, there will be some tighter restrictions and more random prizes like 90% of us have asked for for years.!

I think they should standardize the entrances by doing what NI did with ancient greece or cyrene did with the HUB.

Have 5 categories based on max hit/dmg level - 10, 30, 50, 70, 100

Then when you enter the category that you belong to ( max hit/dmg lvl <= category level ), you have a special TT terminal that sells MM armor, fap, and one of each type of weapon suited for, and maxed at that level. The weapons can only be used inside MM instances. No external items are allowed (i.e faps/guns/armors/skill buffs/etc). This is a purely level event based on hunting tactics and luck. Let the free for all be the gun and ped show, and let the solo event be the truly fair event competition.

Oleg, why do you believe in prediction 1? It will all depend on demand v supply...

Because if I'm right about prediction 2, the best way for MA to get paid is to ensure that I'm also right about prediction 1.

cf Arkoin prices during Gold Rush.

I think they should standardize the entrances by doing what NI did with ancient greece or cyrene did with the HUB.

Have 5 categories based on max hit/dmg level - 10, 30, 50, 70, 100

Then when you enter the category that you belong to ( max hit/dmg lvl <= category level ), you have a special TT terminal that sells MM armor, fap, and one of each type of weapon suited for, and maxed at that level. The weapons can only be used inside MM instances. No external items are allowed (i.e faps/guns/armors/skill buffs/etc). This is a purely level event based on hunting tactics and luck. Let the free for all be the gun and ped show, and let the solo event be the truly fair event competition.

What a great idea - so good - it won't be done !

The Free For All category will have no time requirements or limitations, in true Mayhem fashion!

Full event details and prizes will be announced early next week.

To give participants ample time to plan and prepare themselves for this exciting event, event dates are as follows:

Event Start: Thursday, December 17, 2015, 1400 UTC
Event End: Monday, January 11, 2016, 1400 UTC

Originally Posted Here

The good news - no disqualifications, tradeable tokens
The bad news - the support cases, the arguments, the exploits, (hopefully no deaths from playing for 96 hours non-stop fuelled on red bull)

Well it is called Mayhem after all!

It sure looks like mayhem

at least we could sell tokens with MU this year.

If someone plays the FFA the entire time, that equals 25 days/600 hours!

Could be beaten by someone buying them all up.

I suspect the winners will playing till their eyelid matches break and others buying tokens on their behalf.

Back