Help: bug - weapon attack speed limited to 100

Status

girtsn

Slayer
Society
Freelancer
Girts Smilgs Niedra
Dear developers,

Please fix the bug with modmerc (and probably other weapons) limited to 100 attacks/minute when using speedbuffs. It has been a month since the issue was reported.
It is sad to see releases happening and this issue not being addressed and not even communicated on as a known issue, also knowing how much those modmercs and their tier upgrades did cost.
It makes these weapons quite useless for any dmg based event.
Obviously this is in relation to announcing Merry Mayhem 2015 before any public communication on the issue.
Thanks.

P.S.
For anyone willing to question the attack speed issues, quote from support below.
2015-11-12 18:14 Entropia Universe Support:
Hi Smilgs,
We are aware of the issue affecting reload buffs, and are investigating possible resolutions.
We will examine your account to determine how many buff items your avatar consumed during the Hallwoeen Mayhem event, and compensate you for the appropriate amount.

+1 to give this issue more priority.

Last edited:
+rep to girts for bringing this matter up, Id be superhappy for a good sulotion!

Last edited:
at least u got a reply from Support
I've done my first support case about that end of Halloween mayhem and got no reply, also no answer after my second support case

Indeed. I've done some testing on the attack speed in current state with a friend using mod merc + perfected ares + buffs as well as with the improved enblade 7 (100 attacks/min) and the attacks are definitely capped at 100. It's pretty shitty of MA to not even address this issue given the amount spent by players for the gun itself along with tier costs. Especially since meanwhile we're seeing more increased attack speed items (Christmas ring) available without acknowledgement of the attack speed problem currently... Many players will be unable to compete while this issue is still around.
We want the current bugs fixed before putting all of the development team on compets!!

bump it up right now!!!

I fail to understand why MA doesn't fix this..
Knowing smilgs grinding style, He would pay back the cost by the end of the month with the extra turnover..

+ rep for bringing this up.

If they solve this I might consider continuing tiering mine.:yup:

bump it up right now!!!

bump it up now!!!

15.7.1. Release in 30 minutes. Fingers crossed.

We will examine your account to determine how many buff items your avatar consumed during the Hallwoeen Mayhem event, and compensate you for the appropriate amount.

lol i think they will never do that, they promised me compensation for one of their countless bugs once and nothing happend even after a few mails :mad:

Changes
Attacks with items that exceed the server limit of 100 attacks per minute (i.e. through stacked buff effects) will now receive a damage increase proportional to what would have been achieved with the faster attack speed, while still being limited to 100 attacks per minute. This damage increase will result in increased ammunition and item deterioration proportional to the additional damage created.

From Entropia Universe 15.7.1 Release Notes.

We sort of had an early indication that weapons could never pass 100 hits per minute. Take a look at Marco's Unique plasma gun, even with all it's uber stats, limited to 100 hits per minute. Now they have confirmed that no gun will ever be able to surpass this amount, unless they change their servers.

We sort of had an early indication that weapons could never pass 100 hits per minute. Take a look at Marco's Unique plasma gun, even with all it's uber stats, limited to 100 hits per minute. Now they have confirmed that no gun will ever be able to surpass this amount, unless they change their servers.

I agreed. Software changes like that is impossible!!

I think the solution is a superb one.
Wonder how the T10 MM owners will react and also would be interesting to know how long a repair will last you now.

Interesting that MA did a change that was very much in their favour, peds spend quicker this way.

thank you for the fix, thread can be closed

I figured 100 is the engine hardlimit. Was holding my breath, coz it was obvious MA had been thowing in more and more buffs without any considerations. If anyone would have made the simple math they would have realized this but they didn't...
Gives a good insight into the gambling-style platform development that has been going on these last years.

I am really happy they realized what they had done and found a way out. At least that part was well done. :yup:

Status
Back