Increase Spawn Rates of Fruits to Make Taming More Affordable

The re-introduction of Taming and Pets seems to be a relative success. And with the buffs provided by pets, it is becoming more and more an integral part of some players game play to utilize a pet.

Yet I myself do not own a pet. I want to own one, but I'm afraid they are much to expensive to feed. (Also it has been pointed out to me that owning a pet is not advisable because I can even keep a darn plant alive let alone be responsible for a live animal :laugh:)

At the time of this post Nutrio Bars are going for 300% MU at their lowest. Fruits used to make Nutrio bars are going for 16ped per 1000 to 18ped per 1000.

So my suggestion is to increase the drop rate of fruits. I am not sure how much to increase the drop rate. Perhaps anywhere from 4 times to 10 times what it is currently. But I feel it should be increased enough to drive Nutrio Bar prices down towards somewhere in the 120% range.

I would think that a lower cost to own pets would increase the number of pet owners. Or at least increase the number of people that would actively use the pets that they already own. Either way, more pet use can only be beneficial to the upcoming ComPets game.

Also a higher drop rate might actually make fruit walking a viable activity for new players instead of the way it is currently where one can go walking for an hour or so and may not even find one fruit drop.

Feel free to comment on this post. If you agree or don't agree. Or what you feel should the drop rate be increased by or what target MU should Nutrio Bars be at.

It might as well increase the number of pet haters :wise:

I think it has already changed, not in frequency maybe ..but nowadays I run in to them in stacks of 100+

I think you should give a pet a try before you writing it off as too expensive. We could argue it's cheaper to train a pet for a week then hunts prots for 30 mins....lol.

If you only trick your pet at 98%+ focus, ideally 99% then it wont consume a ton of food to gain levels. Different pets eat food at different rates. The cheapest Caly pets to train are Bristle hogs, combibo, corn etc (the ones which are 400 bars to feed completely).

I slightly suspect, some used food costs are coming back as loot when hunting, I can't prove it though, and maybe my mind is playing tricks on me.

300% plus does turn people off I must admit. I keep feeding my high level pets on the basis that might prove useful for pet battles later, although that is still an unknown gamble. Or the dream of unlocking some superb unknown buff, like a fapping pet, or pet with shield technology. All self-dreaming no-doubt, but you never know as your pets gain levels.

I know on Ark their fruit finds are 100+ caly fruit finds are much lower. I recently stored many of my pets, although I can burn 1K bars a day if I want too.

Choices choices.

Rick

If people are buying at the current price then the current price is fine.

High markup is good for the economy and therefore for the game. Stop trying to make everything TT food.

Get pet first then write something

Yee i agree on that increase fruit drop

There is enough drop, I collect fruits every mining session (25-150 per session), but there is not enough noobs which want to collect fruits.

just a random idea

here is a short suggestion ;-) .....

increasing spawn of fruit would be nice to drop price of nutrio bar ,...BUT what if we would have a new profession Botanist which could get better spawn according to its level ,.....

Fertiliser could be use by land owner to increase spawn rate too ,....

Or a special spot reserved onto the CLD Lot Estate for gardening, supplement fruits would be harvested by the estate owner and could also give even more value to cld lot estates.

Fertiliser could still be use on both case and a new profession too.

Just an Idea :yay:
Rush

Get pet first then write something

I don't see what relevance pet ownership has to understanding the economy of EU, but for the record I have a number of pets and have trained several of them to a high level.

Don't worry, fruit may be TT food when they add the "growing stuff" phase to the new housing plots.

But dung will increase in price since it will be needed to fertilize the "new" crops.

Coming soon...

Also, I speculate that there will be new cooking recipes for buffs.

Keep in mind that something will have to be TT'ed (firewood?) to get the stuff, as per the new economy model MA is implementing.

To OP, if taming is too expensive for ya, you should walk around all the planets for free and collect fruit...I hear people pay up to 20 ped/k for that stuff! :yay:

There is enough drop, I collect fruits every mining session (25-150 per session), but there is not enough noobs which want to collect fruits.

I corroborate.

Finding fruit every day but seen only one fruitwalker in two months or so. (And that one wasn't even an OJ)

If people are buying at the current price then the current price is fine.

High markup is good for the economy and therefore for the game. Stop trying to make everything TT food.

That should have been engraved on Moises´s stone.

First off, what will happen if fruit is increased. It will crash the market. 300% is awesome market when you find the fruit. All you have to do it refine it with sweet stuff from your inventory or buy it dirt cheap on auction.

In the past it would have been seen as an opportunity to earn some PED.

Even with the reduced stack size I'm finding more fruits than ever on calyspo, ark, and RT when I was there. And I'm not walking for fruit, just moving about exploring changes since I've been back and doing a bunch of low-level missions, enjoying some scenery that i haven't seen in while.

100 fruits is nearly equal to the price of 1000 sweat right now. Go get them!

There is enough drop, I collect fruits every mining session (25-150 per session),

I corroborate.

:eyecrazy: Holy what!?!!?!?!?

I (we) find fruit so rarely, my wife and I joke that's it's our hof. :laugh:

Seriously, I have ~400 pieces of fruit in storage (wife has even less) and find only 1 lil bit to pick every other week(ish)

and I go hunting every day (her less so) and hunt third person and don't spend all day in the city. I'm out in the field most the time when I play.

So if y'all get tons of fruit, good on ya. (and yeah, I'm jealous.) :laugh:

Seriously, I have ~400 pieces of fruit in storage (wife has even less) and find only 1 lil bit to pick every other week(ish)

and I go hunting every day (her less so) and hunt third person and don't spend all day in the city. I'm out in the field most the time when I play.

I found 72 papplons today in 2 mining sessions. And some Common Dung, as always :laugh:
I seen fruit collectors in about 1 week (or so) ago. Therefore what you want? There is not enough players, which want to do this hard and stupid (but with absolutely free money) work

Another 65 Bombardo in current mining session. I'm sure, someone is too lazy :laugh:

I find about an average of 4-8 stacks of fruit every day accidentally during 4-5 hours of hunting or mining. 3rd person with over the shoulder right so it zooms in about half way. You HAVE to turn objects quality to low. You erase all the worthless vegetation then, and it leaves the fruit MUCH more visible. (all other settings high except draw distance is very high)

Ark has the biggest stacks right now on normal planet-side land.
FOMA, Hell, UG, Monria and PvP all have bigger stacks than normal land, on average twice the size.

I have never intentionally looked for it either.

But I find it a lot.

Another 65 Bombardo in current mining session. I'm sure, someone is too lazy :laugh:

I know of 4 good mining spots on RT that fruit often pops up while mineing. it dose just appear out of no where, its stones i never see.

If you dont find fruit often when out hunting it may be because you hunt in first person. Fortunately when I mine it is in 3rd person, thats when I find it. Find nowt when hunting for the above reason.

I suspect MA have a some kind of control mechanism on how much fruit is looted by that important (x) number when you click on it.

I know when I did Argonauts for 2 years solid it typically was a (8) or (9) each time NE of Twin peaks.

There are theories on fruit collecting, and some good discussion threads on the topic:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?127116-Basic-Fruit-Stone-Dung-Walking-Guide

I suspect the spawn rate is self-regulating and if more new players become fruit pickers the sweat price will rise, which will benefit more new players (and so on....)

Treasure Island was well known as a good fruit place in years gone by, it is so chock full of seriously dangerous creatures now, it is a difficult place to pick fruit now, but I've not tried for a long time.
Call it a hint ;)

I find most fruit when walking backwards hunting.
Yes I still walk backwards till the mob reaches me; one less hit, is one less hit :wise:

seriously, it also depends on area. Some placing are void; and others you find fruit plenty.

actually fruit spawn increased since pets re-implemented. But the numbers of each spawn are reduced. Anyone remember when we could found 200-500 papplon at once? Now 20-50 is a big hit!

actually fruit spawn increased since pets re-implemented. But the numbers of each spawn are reduced. Anyone remember when we could found 200-500 papplon at once? Now 20-50 is a big hit!

Never ever experienced that in 9.5 years. 3 digit finds have always been rare for me.

I did hear that happened CND / CP but I've not spent much time there so those that were regular inhabitants may know different.

I think the Entropia 'engine' tends to spawn fruit as its consumed, in the same way it churns out every other commodity.

Not that it does it straight away, but it's thinking about it when resources are running low.

As fruit is getting used up regularly this year, I'd be surprised if spawn rates aren't a lot higher than last year for example.

Never ever experienced that in 9.5 years. 3 digit finds have always been rare for me.

I did hear that happened CND / CP but I've not spent much time there so those that were regular inhabitants may know different.

I think the Entropia 'engine' tends to spawn fruit as its consumed, in the same way it churns out every other commodity.

Not that it does it straight away, but it's thinking about it when resources are running low.

As fruit is getting used up regularly this year, I'd be surprised if spawn rates aren't a lot higher than last year for example.

I remember a 300-400 papplon discovery on NI 2 1/2 years back
and another great bombardo find around there on RT if I'm not mistaken.
Was rare but not impossible.
Now I found very often but very small quantities (latest on sidewalk of Tangerine lol 24 pcs)
That trick of backward walking is helping the fruit to "rendered" and appear on screen btw ;) I found some by walking side or backward!

What Taco says above - having object quality on low helps a lot. I hate grass, especially the flickering grass of one specific planet, but let's not get into planet wars now.

OTS however might work only on wide screens as fruit can spawn as far as 5...6 m (three avatar heights) away. For conservative 4:3 rodents, zoomed-out 3rd person works the best.

It seems some servers (e.g. Port Atlantis) yield lots of small 10...13 fruit piles, and some (e.g. Fort Pandora) yield rare three digits. It might be related to the number of green dots around, or there is some invisible quantity/condition slider.

Back