PC: Rage 20

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Society
Titans of Space
John Black Knight
Rage 20 (UL) - http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Attachment&name=Rage_20

Price check is no longer needed as i have made my mind up on its value and own the only one ingame.
This is not a sales thread either.

There is only one ingame which is owned by me and i enjoy hunting with it very much (actually changed my hunting setup from rifle to handgun (chipped in handgun skills), boosted my handgun over 100 attacks, got me an earth shock armor set and im looking into crit scopes atm) - but feel free to drop me an offer i cant resist :D

Since i just gave a kinda personal evaluation to someone who was interested in the rage 20 UL due to this price check thread and im the owner of the only one in existence i thought i would just as well put my answer public - so if anyone in future might be interested they know roughly my perception of its value.

'This amp might not be as flexible as a crit laser sight but nevertheless performs on a fast shooting matching weapon just as well and it actually stacks with the sights anyway (and can provide the crit effect while saving the decay of sights altogether) - imo that puts its value somewhere along the value of atleast the 10% crit laser while being of course less usefull then the 20% crit laser.
As you can see my valueation is alot higher then the ones made in that pricecheck thread and is one reason why i didnt open a sales thread at all.
However most other people dont seem to realize the boost that comes from crit damage if used in an appropritate setup - im having crits for over 220dmg on a pistol that has max dmg of 64.5 due to the dmg boost that comes when a weapon surpasses 100 attacks.
And those crits happen relatively often with crit chance enhancements from pills/items.'

PS: Note to mod: Thread can be closed.

Last edited:
Awesome amp for a low-mid level hunter. Difficult to value the 20% increased crit damage, or calculate the eco increase with that. Dante amp is worth 1.6k, with better damage and basic eco. Comparing those two i would say anywhere from 1.5-3k IMO.

I would try calculating the real eco including the 20% increase crit damage before selling.

Awesome amp for a low-mid level hunter. Difficult to value the 20% increased crit damage, or calculate the eco increase with that. Dante amp is worth 1.6k, with better damage and basic eco. Comparing those two i would say anywhere from 1.5-3k IMO.

Sorry this is way too high.. a low-mid level hunter who can only do 23 dmg won't want to pay 1.5-3k anyways. It's a niche amp, less eco than the Dante. More like 500-750

Perfect size for maddox IV :) but beast is better eco and beast sga better still, excluding the crits. Assuming I calculated the crits properly the SGA is still better eco but the rage is better than standard beast (on a maddox IV maxed)

Beast sells for about 1.5k so this is anywhere from 1k to 1.5k I guess.

I'd be interested in it at 1k but my interest wanes at higher price.

Perfect size for maddox IV :) but beast is better eco and beast sga better still, excluding the crits. Assuming I calculated the crits properly the SGA is still better eco but the rage is better than standard beast (on a maddox IV maxed)

Beast sells for about 1.5k so this is anywhere from 1k to 1.5k I guess.

I'd be interested in it at 1k but my interest wanes at higher price.

I won a similar amp, with todays buffs its hard or close to impossible to do such a comparison in straight eco. I have mk2 scope and augmented ares and depending och how often you crit the more efficient this amp itself becomes.

At first glance I was negative but conscidering how much damage free Im getting if I crit much and what basedamage the weapon itself has makes it differently eco. This will be a great companion for bl1950 :)

Consider a weapon with 44 max damage and 10.545 PEC cost (2.9 base DPP):

With a Rage 20 UL: (44 + 22) * (75% * 90% + 120% * 2%) / (10.545 + 5.213) = 2.928 DPP

With a Beast: (44 + 19) * (75% * 90% + 2%) / (10.545 + 4.366) = 2.936 DPP

With a Beast SGA: (44 + 21) * (75% * 90% + 2%) / (10.545 + 4.826) = 2.939 DPP

So in terms of efficiency it is even worse than a beast, with the only advantage being a slightly little more DPS.

Last edited:
Consider a weapon with 44 max damage and 10.545 PEC cost (2.9 base DPP):

With a Rage 20 UL: (44 + 22) * (75% * 90% + 120% * 2%) / (10.545 + 5.213) = 2.928 DPP

With a beast: (44 + 19) * (75% * 90% + 2%) / (10.545 + 4.366) = 2.936 DPP

With a beast SGA: (44 + 21) * (75% * 90% + 2%) / (10.545 + 4.826) = 2.939 DPP

So in terms of efficiency it is actually even worse than a beast, with the only advantage being a little more dps.

I'm half asleep here but don't you're calculations assume a crit hit is double a normal hit instead of it being a max hit plus a normal hit?

I'm half asleep here but don't you're calculations assume a crit hit is double a normal hit instead of it being a max hit plus a normal hit?

The normal part is already included in the 90%. The 2% is the bonus maximum damage added from critical hits.

Dante is +1.5k, Beast is around +120.

He meant the SGA version. It really only costs that much because of rarity, the stats don't justify that. The unlimited Rage amps are likely to attract some big spenders, too, since for the time being they are unique prizes.

Since i just gave a kinda personal evaluation to someone who was interested in the rage 20 UL due to this price check thread and im the owner of the only one in existence i thought i would just as well put my answer public - so if anyone in future might be interested they know roughly my perception of its value.

'This amp might not be as flexible as a crit laser sight but nevertheless performs on a fast shooting matching weapon just as well and it actually stacks with the sights anyway (and can provide the crit effect while saving the decay of sights altogether) - imo that puts its value somewhere along the value of atleast the 10% crit laser while being of course less usefull then the 20% crit laser.
As you can see my valueation is alot higher then the ones made in that pricecheck thread and is one reason why i didnt open a sales thread at all.
However most other people dont seem to realize the boost that comes from crit damage if used in an appropritate setup - im having crits for over 220dmg on a pistol that has max dmg of 64.5 due to the dmg boost that comes when a weapon surpasses 100 attacks.
And those crits happen relatively often with crit chance enhancements from pills/items.'

It sure is awesome within its own bracket, but that doesn't make it surpass the next upper class. Meaning I would not price it higher than a Dante, actually there should still be a visible margin between the two. If offers are made which surpass that, it is attributed to rarity, which nobody knows how it holds into the future. The next Gold Rush is coming.

It sure is awesome within its own bracket, but that doesn't make it surpass the next upper class. Meaning I would not price it higher than a Dante, actually there should still be a visible margin between the two. If offers are made which surpass that, it is attributed to rarity, which nobody knows how it holds into the future. The next Gold Rush is coming.

Sorry San but your mixing apples with oranges on such a comparison.
A Dante amp does add no improvement at all over the rage 20 on a weapon that has at max 44 dmg.
The rage 20 ul is an amp yes but he also is a 20% crit dmg boost item which has to be valueates along other such items ingame - especially when used on a matching weapon.
But nevertheless, since im the only owner the amp has my pricetag or people will have to wait till as you said 'next gold rush' - however calypso didnt hand out more crit sights this year and its pure speculation if arkadia will hand out the same reward types again or something else.

Reactions: San
Less than a Dante that's for sure.

If it gave critical hit chance it would be worth a ton more, but critical damage is meh when it comes to dps and eco improvements. And for sure it hardly compensates for the mediocre eco of the amp itself.

Could someone pay more than a Dante for it? of course. Is it worth more? NO.

That's my pricecheck. Wish you good luck with it and with the sale.

EDIT: ~1k if you want pure numbers.

That's my pricecheck. Wish you good luck with it and with the sale.

Thanks but no luck is needed since im not looking to sell it anyways, im using it :)

There is only one ingame which is owned by me and i enjoy hunting with it very much (actually changed my hunting setup from rifle to handgun (chipped in handgun skills), boosted my handgun over 100 attacks, got me an earth shock armor set and im looking into crit scopes atm) - but feel free to drop me an offer i cant resist :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back