Merry Mayhem 2015

What do you need to know that isn't already written in the rules?

Well, the rules aren't always exactly written the way that things actually happen ;).
In this case, Harmony has now clearly summarised to show where the 2500 figure mentioned further above comes from. Thanks both :)

This is laughable.. I won't be spending any PEDS in MM this year but gl to those participating :rolleyes:

Seems MA are clean out of ideas.. I'm sure if they asked for suggestions the community would be more than hapy to make some :cool:

Can't be any worse than this :laugh:

Thanks for a great event so far! (who ever is the organizer)
130+ globals, 2 lvl's gained, tier ready weapon, all ammo bonuses taken.

Sure its grind and has a luck factor but I think its fun :)

I don't think that it's a bad event, it's just not merry mayhem
The free for all is a blast on a full team
Solo is fun
The problem ls that without a HSL or a bunch of 5k tokens there's just no way to win without unlimited pockets
Maybe leave free for all alone but add cat limited teams back and make solo cat limited as well
Now that would have something for everyone

I've read through the OP and the entire thread, I must be missing how total hours for solo is kept track of. Does anyone know?

I don't see it in my mission tracking info. I got some Congratulatory notification across my screen, but there was also an error dialog box, when I clicked it and looked up, the congratulations notification had already faded away. MA, please increase the timer on those or put them in the message center so we can scroll back and read them. Bottom line is, I don't know if that was the notification that I passed 40 hours or not. I did get my 10k bonus though. The tracked mission dialog disapeared off my desktop and it shows, "All Bonuses received" and also shows that in the Mission Log. But it doesn't say anything about the Solo mission being completed.

The error was: An unexpected error have occurred in the processing of the following mission: Merry Mayhem Solo, Code: 36.

Bottom line is, I didn't keep track of my time and don't know if I passed 40 hours or not because MA's OP said they would be tracking it. Did I miss something?

Last edited:
You have to keep track of your hrs yourself. Assuming no leaving early or crashes 40 runs will do it. But an extra one is a good idea. Like last year it's a normalized score which is nice so you don't go over and get disqualified like it used to be. The normalized takes total Pts / hours spent x 40 to give u your real score

Reactions: Mac
You have to keep track of your hrs yourself. Assuming no leaving early or crashes 40 runs will do it. But an extra one is a good idea. Like last year it's a normalized score which is nice so you don't go over and get disqualified like it used to be. The normalized takes total Pts / hours spent x 40 to give u your real score

Thanks. I got my 10k bonus ammo, I'm not doing 40 more just to be sure, my fault I didn't catch that I needed to be tracking it before I started, so fuck it I'm out. :laugh:

trying to figure out the buying points thing....

if you buy 10,000 points at 15 pec/point -- that goes to 1500 ped....
turning in the 10k pts would grant you 1000, 750, 500, 200, and 50 ped ammo... totaling 2500 ped ammo.

so.. you pay 1500 ped in points.. to get 2500 ped ammo???

am i missing something?

trying to figure out the buying points thing....

if you buy 10,000 points at 15 pec/point -- that goes to 1500 ped....
turning in the 10k pts would grant you 1000, 750, 500, 200, and 50 ped ammo... totaling 2500 ped ammo.

so.. you pay 1500 ped in points.. to get 2500 ped ammo???

am i missing something?

Yeah the part where MA realized they were losing their ass and called it an "exploit" then quit giving the rewards:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?281156-Merry-Mayhem-Update

i would not find that to be exploit, as people are free to sell and buy any price they want.

i would not find that to be exploit, as people are free to sell and buy any price they want.

It is not an exploit to buy the points for yourself. It IS when one IP have 10 accounts buying points.

It is not an exploit to buy the points for yourself. It IS when one IP have 10 accounts buying points.

good question :)

if 10 x 0lvl avatars has same usage from 2500 ped universal ammo and will use faster than ,
a guy with shortblade who "can win" 50k universal ammo :)

//mg

We have been complaining about alts hurting the game for years. Now that it hurt MA maybe something will be done to fix the problem.

if 10 x 0lvl avatars has same usage from 2500 ped universal ammo and will use faster than ,
a guy with shortblade who "can win" 50k universal ammo :)
Uh? :scratch2:
It sure seems interesting. I think I can almost decipher it, but not quite.
Somebody more awake than me could prolly come up with a loose translation or sth?

Pretty please! :girl:

Uh? :scratch2:
It sure seems interesting. I think I can almost decipher it, but not quite.
Somebody more awake than me could prolly come up with a loose translation or sth?

Pretty please! :girl:

He's saying that 10 noobs will roll through 2500 ped of UA faster than someone who can win 50k UA but uses a sword. I don't understand the relevance but that's what he said... bunny bread...

He's saying that 10 noobs will roll through 2500 ped of UA faster than someone who can win 50k UA but uses a sword. I don't understand the relevance but that's what he said... bunny bread...

main price 50k UA --> totally useless for a melee hunter
melee hunter sells stars instead.

If you think VVV is hard; try to decipher a cobra.

Hi i have 2034 claimed points that i got ammo from them already . I have another a bit more than 1k in storage and wonder to sell them or buy another 7k points and claim them . What you guys think i should do just sit where i am or continue mission to end ?

Highest Single Loot Bonus - The participant who scores the highest single loot on each of the various Solo Mayhem creatures outlined above will receive a 50% boost to their final 40-hour normalized score! (Limit of one bonus per participant).

***IMPORTANT*** A participant must complete at least 40 hours in the Solo Merry Mayhem instances in order to qualify for winning a prize in the Solo Merry Mayhem category.

some info :

some info :

No the HSL is just to boost ur average points, and its not directly related with final prizes.
u will have 30 HSL reward boost to final score and some of them will not get rewarded for final prizes.

the boost is 50% tho so chances are most of the HSL people will be winners

just re read esoul ya more hsl than prize slots true

i think if you dont have a hsl almost no chance to win given that there are 30 potential people boosting by 50%

There is only 15 different solo mobs, how can there be 30 hsl ???

HSL bonus is for Solo cat only so 15 HSL bonuses not 30.

Did MA make a mistake in the support reply to VV??

HSL bonus is for Solo cat only so 15 HSL bonuses not 30.

Did MA make a mistake in the support reply to VV??

I've been sort of following these threads. I saw people discussing it a little and for some reason deciding that HSL would only be in solo. Can't find that in any announcement from MA.

FFA is a solo points competition why wouldn't it have HSL bonus?

I've been sort of following these threads. I saw people discussing it a little and for some reason deciding that HSL would only be in solo. Can't find that in any announcement from MA.

Why it would not? You are a single avatar with certain amount of points, you have HSL on some of the mobs, you get your 50% bonus... It's easy :)

Why it would not? You are a single avatar with certain amount of points, you have HSL on some of the mobs, you get your 50% bonus... It's easy :)

OP
" Highest Single Loot Bonus - The participant who scores the highest single loot on each of the various Solo Mayhem creatures outlined above will receive a 50% boost"

Although there were a lot of us in FFA instances as single players, it sure seemed like FFA was geared toward teams. So, if a team gets the HSL, who gets the bonus? Does an HSL by a team not count? Is it only awarded to a team member if there share of the loot was still the highest single loot?

There is no really good way of incorporating HSL for FFA.

Last edited:
Back