MA really screwed up [Weapons buffed to > 100 attacks/min]

Here you have mm owner that found same results and confessed it was bugged. what else do you need??

You have a 2nd Mm owner in thread not concluding its bugged.
So what i need is not someone with lowest possible crediblity on forum throwing out claims not backed by anything other then gut feeling.
Your free too look at tacos previous threads reguarding halloween mayhem and x800 gun.
Just keep in mind posts have been edited after thread was done with.

Its soo simple too test. Give an maxed mm user imp ares and a-pills. Have him shoot atleast 10k shots with tracker too even out imbalances, then post the avarage dmg tracker displays.
Some% errror margin but you and tacos claims will blow way off. You will see it almost instantly.

Dont get me wrong not covering for anyone and waiting till this and the 7500 point bug is done before i try my mayhem effort.
But it soars my eyes when someone uses math without knowing all the parameters. And even worse when presenting it as the only option.

Last edited:
Short test with my Imp SEB 7 just to help a little. (100 Attacks/Min.)

Imp Seb7 + Melee Amp IV (5 damage enhancer slots filled)
I buffed to 20% reload (imp ares + Neurostim-X)
New decay = over 29.1 pecs per use. Old Decay = 23.344
new damage = low 29.7 - high 103.7 tracker average (I'm not maxed) 63.98 (500+ uses)
Old damage = low 22.5 - high 63.0 (Entropedia info) avarage 48.16

Just from "feel" of using weapon the DPS goes up a lot, and cost to use goes up as well. It feels like it is costing more to use (Less eco) but that could just be from overkill as it does more damage.

So, this weapon is definitely NOT more eco or getting more damage than cost. If anything it is costing MORE now as MA stretches out the damage range beyond the use cost making it less eco. :(:mad:

not contesting the data.

just wondering though.. does it make it fair if everyone has access to these things.. the ares and the A pill etc...
it is accessible to all players.. so it doesn't lean in favor of a particular player..

not contesting the data.

just wondering though.. does it make it fair if everyone has access to these things.. the ares and the A pill etc...
it is accessible to all players.. so it doesn't lean in favor of a particular player..

No it's not fair because not everyone has 80+ attacks/min weapons.

I still think that bigest concern about this extra (not "free" since the cost is proportionally bigger) dps is that the bug happens during an event where dps matters a lot.

If this would be during normal time i guess we would see a post or three about it but when fixed (probably after 1 or 2 weeks) it would be forgoten by everyone the next day.

On the bright side: untill fixed - all weapons that have like 75 attacks per minute and more have gained in markup! Usually its the other way around ;).

Falagor
:bandit:

I still think that bigest concern about this extra (not "free" since the cost is proportionally bigger) dps is that the bug happens during an event where dps matters a lot.

If this would be during normal time i guess we would see a post or three about it but when fixed (probably after 1 or 2 weeks) it would be forgoten by everyone the next day.

On the bright side: untill fixed - all weapons that have like 75 attacks per minute and more have gained in markup! Usually its the other way around ;).

Falagor
:bandit:

Really?

Guess I'll be selling my Castorian Survival EnBlade-14 Mentor Edition then..
74.0 attacks/min

All I know is that someone with a forum acount from 06 and next to no posts and a banned account (not sure why) called taco, "energy mexican dude".

Best thread of the year.

I thought Taco was a illegal Mexican .....

Again........isnt the supportcase an option anymore before trying to cause people scared on a forum?? This game is all about trust and its being broken faster then necessary from all those newspaperstyle headlines.

//Linz

Considering the speed at which MA fixes bugs and responds to support cases, how can you say something like this with a straight face?

Better to get this out in the open ASAP so people competing in MM know that they are potentially at a huge disadvantage.

" This game is all about trust ",,,me trust the ppl who work on the game. Best joke of the day. :lolup:
trust more on a politician who lies all the time.:eyecrazy:

Support once asked me why I call MA for a liar I gave them seven points, they have not yet defended themselves.

Considering the speed at which MA fixes bugs and responds to support cases, how can you say something like this with a straight face?

Better to get this out in the open ASAP so people competing in MM know that they are potentially at a huge disadvantage.

How was it in Halloween Mayhem?
There was the ppl with exactly such weapons disadvantaged, and most of them were already done with Halloween Mayhem before the bug was discovered.

Anyways it's best way to make it public in Forums AND fill a support case.

My personal Opinion about all Events.
Not only the weapon wins a event, there are 4 more important things that matters!!!
LUCK
EXPIRIENCE
SKILLS
and other GEAR u use

best example...winner of cat3 GoldRush used unenhanced ModMerc+imp A105 when it was still negative bugged:tongue2:

Well this is a surprise. I say deduct this bugged extra dps % from the Merry Mayhem score.

There you go, statistics for MOD MERC including decay:

MOD MERCwith no buffwith 30% faster reload buff%bonus
base damage33,5-6767-95,6+42,8%
DECAY0,3000,428+42,8%
ammo consumption15002142+42,8%
Shot per minute8699+15,11%
max dps96,03157,74+64,46%

PLAYER A use Normal weapon with 30% reload speed buff, he gets +42,8% extra DPS
PLAYER B use MOD MERC with 30% reload speed buff, he gets +64,46% extra DPS

Mod merc user get an unfair advantage of 21,66% DPS compared to "normal" players

So it is like 9 "free" hour in mayhem instances - I really feel bad for the people that invested money to participate in Solo mayhem without Mod merc and got screwed

It is more like 34.46% extra DPS since +64.46% DPS has already been given where it should only be +30% DPS. Therefore exploitable, and a number of participants have knowingly been using this to their advantage. Normally this would seem like a bannable offense but due its unavoidable nature. All participants that knowingly abused it should get disqualified at this event or at least a 34.46% score reduction.

Ive done 20 hours sofar in the instances shooting merc so It would be easily done to use same setup but a mod rip or something instead and then compare.

with all new buffs its very hard for me to know what is rught dmg outcome or not but it doesnt feel overpowered compared to friends values but I might be wrong and just guessing.

Again........isnt the supportcase an option anymore before trying to cause people scared on a forum?? This game is all about trust and its being broken faster then necessary from all those newspaperstyle headlines.

//Linz

So you are trying to tell the community that we should believe you've managed to be so "good" at winning events and looting items over the past 2 years without knowing how to calculate or recognize a dps increase? Lol maybe it was the "other" Linzey?

Any top player should be able to see this within 1-2 hours so it isn't an attack on anyone in particular.

Trust? I am sure this post changed no one's feelings about trust here. Mine is in the same state it has been about this sort of thing.

Side note: I haven't fired a single gun since the fix so I can actually say I don't know without crossing my fingers. I am starting to think I won't until after Mayhem.

It is more like 34.46% extra DPS since +64.46% DPS has already been given where it should only be +30% DPS. Therefore exploitable, and a number of participants have knowingly been using this to their advantage. Normally this would seem like a bannable offense but due its unavoidable nature. All participants that knowingly abused it should get disqualified at this event or at least a 34.46% score reduction.

Can you provide evidence that this correct? How do you know that participants know there is bug? What if some dont know.

Same should have been done for Halloween mayhem and was never done. modmerc with buffs was getting less dmg than other weapons. And in any case this "bug" should be acknowledged first by MA.
Well this is a surprise. I say deduct this bugged extra dps % from the Merry Mayhem score.

Hello dear forum,
after talk with taco yesterday, i have managed to do test using bl1950 t8 + rage 50 and mod merc +hca204 t10 in ffa5

after 1 hour of shooting with same stats i got results :

bl1950 - 910k damage
mmt10 - 950k damage

like we talked with grave, seems problem is that i do less dps with Bl1950 is gun range that could effect me while tagging mob.

don't see really big advantage , just super big enhancer break with mod merc.

//mg Joda VVV VVV

Is the 100 attack/min cap after the VU10 when we went to cryengine? I stumbled across this old screenshot of Marco's old gun and he had 120 attack/min:

nicepistol.JPG

Is the 100 attack/min cap after the VU10 when we went to cryengine? I stumbled across this old screenshot of Marco's old gun and he had 120 attack/min:

nicepistol.JPG

Just checked now and it seems it has been changed, I guess recently, to 100 a/s and 4500-9000 dmg

just super big enhancer break with mod merc.

//mg Joda VVV VVV

Within the 40 Hours of Mayhem i blowed over 1.000 enhancers, thats huge disadvantage, there is no other UL
weapon, that use so much on same ammount of ammo.
The rate of used Enhancer should be based on Damage a weapon is doing, not by attacks

there are many advantege's and disadvantage's of weapons
and we should let MA decide how to handle it, i'ts not Players fault if anything was going wrong

Whats next step if everything is clarfied ?!?
Starting to cry about the Eco of ModMerc or imkII ?!?

I am sick of ppl that use every litle bug to blame a smal group of specified players

Hello dear forum,
after talk with taco yesterday, i have managed to do test using bl1950 t8 + rage 50 and mod merc +hca204 t10 in ffa5

bl1950 - 910k damage
mmt10 - 950k damage

like we talked with grave, seems problem is that i do less dps with Bl1950 is gun range that could effect me while tagging mob.

//mg Joda VVV VVV

I hate to ask, but you buffed past 100 apm right?

Within the 40 Hours of Mayhem i blowed over 1.000 enhancers, thats huge disadvantage, there is no other UL
weapon, that use so much on same ammount of ammo.
The rate of used Enhancer should be based on Damage a weapon is doing, not by attacks

there are many advantege's and disadvantage's of weapons
and we should let MA decide how to handle it, i'ts not Players fault if anything was going wrong

Whats next step if everything is clarfied ?!?
Starting to cry about the Eco of ModMerc or imkII ?!?

I am sick of ppl that use every litle bug to blame a smal group of specified players

there was note in vu once that it reduced dmg enh break by double, but seems it was temp, since seems i broke more than last year.

The consumption rate of enhancers attached to unlimited items has been reduced by 50%.

https://account.entropiauniverse.com/news/pages/2014/05/14/1483/index.xml

Last edited:
Hello dear forum,

bl1950 - 910k damage
mmt10 - 950k damage

//mg Joda VVV VVV

So, for you it's totally fine that due to this change the ModMerc now does more damage than your BL1950?
(I don't believe that the different in range would compensate for it in such big way, sorry)

So, for you it's totally fine that due to this change the ModMerc now does more damage than your BL1950?
(I don't believe that the different in range would compensate for it in such big way, sorry)

Maybe thats the way how MA compensate the MM user for the to much used Enhancers they used over all the years.
Fact is, we have no real advantage in regular hunting, we blow just more ammo in same time, Eco of this Gun stays at same (i realy hope :eyecrazy: )

Now that is for the terminator almost impossible to win a event coz of high collaterals, ppl looking for new Victims when they lose in events
Look at MA not at the ModMerc user!!!

Maybe thats the way how MA compensate the MM user for the to much used Enhancers they used over all the years.
Fact is, we have no real advantage in regular hunting, we blow just more ammo in same time, Eco of this Gun stays at same (i realy hope :eyecrazy: )

Now that is for the terminator almost impossible to win a event coz of high collaterals, ppl looking for new Victims when they lose in events

The gun is doing 21% more dps than it should! I don't care if it uses more ammo. It is BS, and it is unfair to all the other guns.

WHY DONT SOME OF YOU SEE THIS?

It is basically giving certain people a magical gun that does way more DPS than it should.

Jee whiz....I want to cuss up a storm, but all I can say is jee whiz. Because I don't want to get banned. When the same people tell me guns are fine over and over, and they are the ones that are using them, something stinks.

And the friends of the people that have them that jump on here and tell me I have no credibility and "everything is fine, nothing to see here", like vodka...you are just as guilty.

The gun does more dps than it should.

It does 21% more dps than it should with a normal 30% reload buff! wtf

That is a massive, massive, MASSIVE problem.

Last edited:

The issue with the 100+ attacks needed to be solved, agreed.
The users of MM (and other weapons suffering from the same problem) should have been compensated (somehow) for the fact that they were not able to use the weapon to its full ability, during the previous event. I also agree!

Now.. the solution that MA found is creating other unbalances, so I hope this is only a temporary solution.

I don't think it is fair that MM users see the eco of this gun being downgraded. That is unacceptable!!
For the exact same reason, I don't find it reasonable that the MM should gain additional fire power on top of what it was supposed to have!

In summary, the solution should keep the weapons stats unaltered to its full potential!

Lorfat, you are so missing the point and you know you are. Its easy - MA has given an unfair advantage. If this was against you, you would be pissed not looking at the wood when the trees are all around you.

to quote TACO

"It does 21% more dps than it should with a normal 30% reload buff! wtf"

:wise: Two wrongs don't make a right! Negatives only cancel each other in pure mathematics.

It's mind-boggling that some are arguing that MindArk has fixed one bug which was detrimental to certain users by introducing a new bug that is beneficial. Hardly assures those that lost out will benefit.

Instead of doing a half-assed job of uncapping 100 attacks, maybe they should have left it that way and used the excuse that entropian laws of physics do not allow things to go any faster, like not be able to go faster than the speed of light. Granted, far from ideal and would still piss off "important" players, but still a better situation than the current one where yet more confidence is eroded.

Last edited:
So where are the dps/eco numbers (from someone that isn't now banned and didn't test and from someone other than the OP) with said buffs?

Can't test with MM.. not maxed.

Back