MA really screwed up [Weapons buffed to > 100 attacks/min]

I can confirm the Mod. Merc. does more damage than it should. Do I think it is a "bug"? Not really. As I said before, within 1 hour I knew it was doing too much damage.

Whether or not this was intentional, I'll leave that up to you guys. I believe it was intentional. If it was a "mistake", I beg to wonder who is testing things at MA? If it took me 1 hour to know it was overpowered, how long should it take MA? Perhaps they should hire me?

The MM shouldn't do more damage than ISH tier 10 and clearly did - for the statistics people among you, 1.13M Damage possible with MM tier 10 (From Christmas with full buffs) and 970k with ISH tier 10 (From Halloween with full buffs). I'm not bitter, I adapted but am not pleased. I tested both before starting Merry Mayhem. I had planned to use the terminator for Mayhem but saw no point in giving away a large share of my prize for a 5-6% damage increase in an event with such a large luck component - again for statistics people 1.24M damage possible with Terminator tier 10 (From Christmas with full buffs).

I love this virtual universe; however, I have a lot of trouble with things like this happening. Either 1) it was planned or 2) it was a mistake. Both are completely possible.

I don't think that doing an update like this DIRECTLY before an event was something that should have happened. They knew about the problem a long time ago. Releasing rules for an event like this with no time to adjust them makes zero sense to me. There are still a lot of problems with the rules, to mention just 1: What happens if someone gets 2 x 50% bonuses during Merry Mayhem? Yes, I know that the person doesn't get to keep BOTH bonuses; however, which bonus counts?

Example: Helena has 49k Spider S4, what if he gets 15k Spider S5 too? does he keep the 50% for the spider and Morg who has the 2nd highest S5 spider keep hers? Does he just get 1 x 50% bonus and the other is cancelled entirely? Does he keep the higher value hof as his 50% and the other goes to the 2nd highest? OR they could say that it goes to the most recent hof Helena OR the first hof Helena got...

Whatever they pick, MA will basically decide who wins the prizes for the 50% bonus. This seems to be a glaring mistake in the rules. There are several more that I won't go into.

Finally, I think that the 50% bonus is too much for Mayhem to go with 5k pointers built in too. The 5k pointers need to be distributed more fairly, 1 guy shouldn't get 4 and another 1. It is too big a difference to have 3 x 5k difference and 50% bonus. Unless MA adds more to S1/S2/S to give lower players a chance, that's fine too. 50% bonus for the biggest HOF seems insane. The person who gets the biggest HOF ALREADY WON the event in my opinion. 49k Spider to Helena for instance - I'm happy for him. Does this mean he needs more PEDS for having gotten a big HOF? That doesn't really spread the wealth. Not a knock on him, he's gotten fucked enough in events so great for him.

Ohh and....

Star for President!

You forgot a phrase.

Honestly, I think that was my consolation prize for an event based on luck that I had a huge advantage in typically - erased by the 5k pointers and 50% bonuses. I'm not saying it is right to have events where gear/dps/avatar matter but I don't really see a point in accumulating a lot of gear here if that's not the case.

... I'm not saying it is right to have events where gear/dps/avatar matter ...

It's a competitive game. I know there's a lot of worries about "avatar/player luck" in EU but nonetheless...

If we're going to have a hunting event, Avatar (skills) and Gear (armor / dps) should be ALL that matter.

IMO breakdown by level-based category (skill levels and thus access to gear) is far more appropriate than any random or luck based factor.

Basing contests, bonuses, and event prizes on loot values with this random loot system in the first place has always been one of my least favorite things about EU.

Honestly, I think that was my consolation prize ...
Justify it however you like, but not mentioning it is disingenuous.
The only consolation prize the rest of us got was the [controversial] UA ammo bonus.

The only consolation prize the rest of us got was the [controversial] UA ammo bonus.

I was happy I got to at least play and get the solo 10k ammo bonus consolation prize! :yay: I didn't think I had a chance of actually winning anything. That UA didn't last very long! For some reason UA seems to go faster than regular ammo :laugh:

I agree but it was a 2 minute post I typed while shooting Mulciber. You must understand that it wasn't a week long composition I just posted. I put very little into that post and should have mentioned the fap as you said. :)

If I really wanted to show the difference, I'd post my stats with and without Mod Merc as I have screenshots of all runs from Halloween and Xmas.

Honestly, I think that was my consolation prize for an event based on luck that I had a huge advantage in typically - erased by the 5k pointers and 50% bonuses. I'm not saying it is right to have events where gear/dps/avatar matter but I don't really see a point in accumulating a lot of gear here if that's not the case.

I wish I could figure out how to get on that list. /Agree with the gear comments, please see my selling posts.

I agree but it was a 2 minute post I typed while shooting Mulciber. You must understand that it wasn't a week long composition I just posted. I put very little into that post and should have mentioned the fap as you said. :)

Except you are a Presidential Candidate. Everything you say is going to be scrutinized, starting here and now :)
Unless you've decided to run your campaign Trump-style and just spewing out anything without thinking, then fine and good luck.

BTW, where will you build the wall and how will you get the alts to pay for it?

Back