Help: A Doc Scammed: short story

Antrace

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Antrace Letale Very
Yes, me too.. like a dumb i felt into this scamm while i was fapping.

I was on Ark, and just a sec before i logged of i saw someone was looking for a S10 fapper.

We started with a lvl 25 mob young, he killed with no problem (greater laser hit)

After some trouble with a mature ones he told he wanted to go to Aakas5, and we started the dungeon.

At 1/3 of it (i never did that istance so i didn't know how long it was) he told me: " if i cant finish this i cant pay you"

i thought we were close to end since he asked for 20 ped amno, so confidently i traded him. And it started the "nightmare"

At 1/2 he broked the weapon... than more amno ... and more .... and more..... finally we arrived at final boss a lvl 45 ..

i started fapping him with a emt 2350 (normal one) but it wasnt enought he had too low armor, low wepon (it was the mine weapon , and i didnt suppose to go in a hunting section) and low hp, couldnt tank 70 -90 damage .

so we switch and the healer become the hunter, but after few try i gave up... weapon damage was too low ...

Final cost :more than 150 ped and even more if i consider the amno burned to try in killing the boss.

I'll ever see that money back? first day (yesterday) i was confident since i could ceck if he was online or not..

Today i'm less confidence since i have seen that he is not anymore in a society and cant find his name in player registry...

So well... i'm a good guy and trust in ppl because I am correct and trustworthy .. this time i wrong.. and i had some advices .. but i dind't see them..

I'll give him one more day to conctact me, after that i'll open a ticket and tell the story on any EU channels...

and last but not least... Have anyone good days with his family and friends

Cheers

Antrace Letale Very

Last edited:
Sad to hear. This person must have been intentionally scammed you, since if it wasnt his first akaas instance there are many trade terminals along the way where he could have bought ammo. Maybe yu didnt notice this your self?

But please write his name in PM if you dont mind.

And Again sorry for your loss.

Cheers.

yes i know there are TT , he asked for ped to buy amno.. i only tried to help him.. and i did wrong

Ok, just so I get this right, someone hired you as a low level healer. You then provided the guy with ammo, switched to the uneconomical FAP to try to keep him alive, ended up trying to kill his mob for him, and at no time in that whole process did it occur to you that things were not going to end well and you should stop? :laugh:

Whether he intended to scam you or not, I can't say, but it appears to me that there was a sizable pile of stupid on both sides of the FAP that day. :laugh:

yes it is easy just say it was stupid, and yes perhaps i would say the same...

but when u are there it looks different. i didnt know how long was the istance, hunter was a mid lvl one, so i supposed he did.

when i borrowed him the first time 30 ped i thought we were close to the end... (and 3 euro to help a guy that was saying he had spent 200 ped to me didnt look so much)

so a simply 5 ped loss become 35... than 65.. and at the end 105..

so yes, it was stupid and am i stupid if i have try to help someone else ?

Merry Christmass

Last edited:
Ok, just so I get this right, someone hired you as a low level healer. You then provided the guy with ammo, switched to the uneconomical FAP to try to keep him alive, ended up trying to kill his mob for him, and at no time in that whole process did it occur to you that things were not going to end well and you should stop? :laugh:

Whether he intended to scam you or not, I can't say, but it appears to me that there was a sizable pile of stupid on both sides of the FAP that day. :laugh:

Can call it unaware also.

Just remember how low someone is when they have no less honour than cheating and scamming someone for silly 10 $.

It's very sad

So many things went wrong in this instance.

you should have had red flags about this
Antrace said:
At 1/3 of it (i never did that istance so i didn't know how long it was) he told me: " if i cant finish this i cant pay you"

This thing sounds familiar, i heard a story starting exactly like yours but it kinda ended there. Could you PM me the name please ?

Sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss. Consider it a cheap lesson. Yes cheap as people were scammed for much much higher amounts.

Please let me know name of that prick.

So many things went wrong in this instance.

you should have had red flags about this

This thing sounds familiar, i heard a story starting exactly like yours but it kinda ended there. Could you PM me the name please ?

Sorry for your loss.

yes that was the signal i didnt see .. a little justify because of my ignorance, i didnt know we were at 1/3 ... i knew that only when we were at the end..

The problem with this is that you are just a good guy. Keep being a good guy and believe in karma

still would like the name in PM if you dont mind?

Cheers

The problem with this is that you are just a good guy. Keep being a good guy and believe in karma

yes, i think so.. thank you and thank you all...

it is Christmas , or even holidays time for whom dont belive in it, so.. no need to be sad ...

I don't like generalizing but scammer's EL profile shows that (s)he is relatively new player, therefore having little reputation to lose is more likely to do something silly like this.

As it is Christmas, I will give you 200 PED to reimburse your loss but you'll need to come to calypso. Consider it a gift and hope that you have good fortune instead of people like you mention in the OP.

As it is Christmas, I will give you 200 PED to reimburse your loss but you'll need to come to calypso. Consider it a gift and hope that you have good fortune instead of people like you mention in the OP.

thanks Atomic, your your gift is really appreciated and unexpected.

i see that for a bad apple there is a chest full of good ones.

I thank you all also for your pms and ingame messages

+ rep if I could.... "must spread rep..." Very nice gesture 5$. :cool:

Can I get the guy's name please?

Nice gesture!

But....
Sky is falling.... you tell people to leave Ark and come to Calypso... ;)

Atomicstorm - I can't plus rep you either - nice gesture. Thank you.

Merry Christmas man, pretty cool of you, nice to see good folk around.

Maximus Cashicus.

Update

After 4 days no news from scammer guy..

I opened a support case, but as i expected they couldn't say more that any trade is final.. but.. they are still looking into that because "trust scamming and other abuse between players is something we very much dislike so rest assured that it will be looked into. "

I met Atomic and Devastating Vodka on Caly, they were so kindly to give to me what i lost.

Still. pm me for knowing avatar name.

Cheers

Could you Pm me avatar name also.

Cheers,
Maximus Cashicus

Why the bloody secrecy already?? Do you want this asshole to scam others, including players who have read this topic YOU posted??

What is the scammer's name??!

I just don't get the pussyfooting around, are you trying to protect this twit?

Why the bloody secrecy already?? Do you want this asshole to scam others, including players who have read this topic YOU posted??

What is the scammer's name??!

I just don't get the pussyfooting around, are you trying to protect this twit?

It's forbidden by forum rules.

Back