Top blockchain and fintech movers and shakers to watch in 2016 - International Business Times UK

News Bot

Guardian

[SIZE=-2]International Business Times UK[/SIZE]

Top blockchain and fintech movers and shakers to watch in 2016
[SIZE=-1]International Business Times UK[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]The Club Neverdie space station from Entropia Universe sold for $635,000! Tyler Smith, co-founder FreeMyVunk told IBTimes UK: "Anyone who has ever played a video game and has thought to themselves 'wouldn't it be nice if I could trade my World of ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]http://news.google.com/news/more?ncl=dmKSmJfdANN39nM&authuser=0&ned=us[/SIZE]

More...

News feed provided by Google News.

The full part of the article for those who are interested.

Free My Vunk

My list of movers and shakers for 2016 kicks off with a gaming company called Free My Vunk. But gaming isn't fintech, you say. Wrong. FreeMyVunk is a platform that uses blockchain technology to create a transparent and legitimate secondary market for all the stuff that has value in-game. Bear in mind, it's not uncommon for some special edition of a particular sword or gun to change hands for hundreds of dollars. The Club Neverdie space station from Entropia Universe sold for $635,000!

Tyler Smith, co-founder FreeMyVunk told IBTimes UK: "Anyone who has ever played a video game and has thought to themselves 'wouldn't it be nice if I could trade my World of Warcraft DoomHammer which I don't use anymore for my friend's Galil in Call of Duty: Black Ops', knows the frustration of being told they own something, but not having control of their virtual property.

"The FreeMyVunk Movement is going to change that and enable gamers to trade their VUNK (virtual junk) in a provably fair, transparent and trustless way directly from their digital game wallets. No more will gamers have to lurk around shady forums and risk being banished from their beloved game or having their Paypal account frozen for unauthorised trades."

I'm assuming this is being done with the full knowledge and consent of MA otherwise it might end up being sold again as it looks like this might be the hub for the operation in EU.

Or was this something I missed months ago?

I always knew my equipment was junk, but to put it like that is so confrontational :(

I'm assuming this is being done with the full knowledge and consent of MA otherwise it might end up being sold again as it looks like this might be the hub for the operation in EU.

News Bot picked this story just because it contained 'Entropia Universe'. I reckon this is news to MA, too. :)

"Anyone who has ever played a video game and has thought to themselves 'wouldn't it be nice if I could trade my World of Warcraft DoomHammer which I don't use anymore for my friend's Galil in Call of Duty: Black Ops'

Just play EU u stupid

If you want to know more about the FreeMyVunk Movement and the ReVUNKolution, go to www.freemyvunk.com

"A new technology called the Blockchain is an invention which will cause a revolution (REVUNKOLUTION) in digital ownership. The blockchain was invented and first implemented as part of Bitcoin, the first independent global currency. It enables digital tokens to exist independent of any centralized 3rd party or mediator. By assigning the characteristics of a virtual object to a blockchain based token, you make that object independent of its virtual environment. It can now move freely from one owner to the next seamlessly and without needing permission of the entity that created it. The token can never be copied or counterfeited, and if the creators desire it they can fix the total number of tokens that will ever be issued for a particular object so it now becomes scarce."

Wow. Sounds like a job for The President of Virtual Reality. :laugh:

Did someone say, "Blockchain" ?

As in, the Bitcoin Blockchain?

Yes, please.

"But it's a ponzi scheme! Waaaaah!"

I'm not sure how well thought out this is. Seems to raise a lot of security issues and seems to be incompatible with EU.

Yet, it looks as if it may be by the team who first developed Monria :scratch2: if so they would be aware of this game so perhaps it's someone else :eyecrazy:

It also looks to be aimed at the virtual presidency scheme :scratch2:

Seems to raise a lot of security issues and seems to be incompatible with EU.

Developers have probably thought about that and have an answer. I guess we wait and see...

If they can make it work it would have benefits for all gaming.

Developers have probably thought about that and have an answer. I guess we wait and see...

If they can make it work it would have benefits for all gaming.

Are you quoting and commenting on your own posts?

If you want to know more about the FreeMyVunk Movement and the ReVUNKolution, go to www.freemyvunk.com

"A new technology called the Blockchain is an invention which will cause a revolution (REVUNKOLUTION) in digital ownership. The blockchain was invented and first implemented as part of Bitcoin, the first independent global currency. It enables digital tokens to exist independent of any centralized 3rd party or mediator. By assigning the characteristics of a virtual object to a blockchain based token, you make that object independent of its virtual environment. It can now move freely from one owner to the next seamlessly and without needing permission of the entity that created it. The token can never be copied or counterfeited, and if the creators desire it they can fix the total number of tokens that will ever be issued for a particular object so it now becomes scarce."

Hi everyone! I'm Tyler the co-founder of the FreeMyVunk Movement. I see that some of you have noticed some press we've received which linked our project to the EU. I'd just like to clarify that we are a tech startup offering technological services to game developers and game players. Our background is in blockchain technology and we are introducing the power of this technology to the gaming industry. Currently, there is no connection between our project and Entropia, but we hope that can one day change. We've joined forces with Jon NEVERDIE Jacobs to find what synergies may exist between his candidacy for the President of VR and our mission to liberate the assets of the metaverse.

Our goal is to make gaming a much more engaging experience where you can be rewarded for the time, effort and skill you put into your virtual worlds. Never before has there existed a 3rd party neutral platform for the frictionless trade of virtual assets until now. The blockchain (in our case the Ethereum Blockchain) enables players to control their assets both inside and outside the game.

Please reach out to us to find out how you can join our community and be rewarded for your participation.

I look forward to learning more about the Entropia Universe.

Best,
Tyler
FreeMyVunk Movement

I look forward to learning more about the Entropia Universe.

Best,
Tyler
FreeMyVunk Movement

The first thing you need to learn, is Entropia operates within a real cash economy, so we can already sell our items in game and withdraw our cash if we want too.

Rick

The first thing you need to learn, is Entropia operates within a real cash economy, so we can already sell our items in game and withdraw our cash if we want too.

Rick

Rick,

You are right when you say that this game operates in a real cash economy, but blockchain-based digital assets/items are quite different from items as we know them in Entropia Universe in terms of transparency (level of rarity) and ownership (freely tradable outside of the game).

Rick,

You are right when you say that this game operates in a real cash economy, but blockchain-based digital assets/items are quite different from items as we know them in Entropia Universe in terms of transparency (level of rarity) and ownership (freely tradable outside of the game).

There are 2 ways I can see the company going about it.

1. They create an avatar in each game and act as middleman for a cross platform trade.

2. They get access to both game's databases and directly transfer the items from one avatar to another in both games.

Option 1 is impractical for many reasons (not the least of which is impersonation); and I don't think option 2 is ever going to happen (especially in EU). No wonder they don't list any games as actually participating in this (as far as I can see).

Rick,

I wont even pretend to understand it....lol. I've got to that age where 'on' and 'off' is all you need.

Rick

So how exactly will this thing make Viceroy tradable?

Discuss.

Gaming on the blockchain – the trillion dollar jackpot [part 1] - International Business Times UK

[SIZE=-2]International Business Times UK[/SIZE]

Gaming on the blockchain – the trillion dollar jackpot [part 1]
[SIZE=-1]International Business Times UK[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]The largest transaction in history for example, was the sale of the Club Neverdie space station within the Entropia Universe sold for $635,000 – more on this later. Tyler Smith, co-founder FreeMyVunk explained that anyone who has ever played a video ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]http://news.google.com/news/more?ncl=dfTJVyjBJeVhhaM&authuser=0&ned=us[/SIZE]

More...

News feed provided by Google News.

quite interesting read! i only wonder why it's always neverdie who is in the news. i even read once he is "the creator of entropia universe"! :scratch2:

Before long, Neverdie will replace Al Gore as the inventor of the internet. :laugh:

Back