Merry Mayhem Update

This is such a shit move, i really hope they forgot the word "temporary" in there and get you guys the ability to get the rewards as soon as they can hotfix the exploit.... also MA we all know you have a giant banhammer right on the kitchen counter two meter to your left, please use it.

ma always talk unclear, lets just ask in sc.

If Joda says so then MAYBE they might fix it futurelly

For those that didnt do it are unaware
It'd simply be buying points cheap and claim the reward.

This would make it so that players that sold points win,
Players that claim reward win
And MA would be the loser

I personaly TRIED to find points to buy, but never did even tho had offers that would put me in plus still.
We can ask for exploiters to be banned or punished but MA is always too soft
Players that bot / macro only get a tap in head to keep at it at worse case with 2-3 days temp ban :laugh:

I think it's that you can drop the mission and do the same stages over and over again or something like that but there is prolly some exploiters that got all the details that can elaborate some on this :D

I would guess you could continue to go in FFA instances even after you turned in 10k points, still get stars and hand them over to another avatar to turn in for rewards.

If Joda says so then MAYBE they might fix it futurelly

This would make it so that players that sold points win,
Players that claim reward win
And MA would be the loser

I personaly TRIED to find points to buy, but never did even tho had offers that would put me in plus still.
We can ask for exploiters to be banned or punished but MA is always too soft
Players that bot / macro only get a tap in head to keep at it at worse case with 2-3 days temp ban :laugh:

Buying points to turn in isn't an exploit though. That's the way the event was structured. Points are tradeable/sellable so if they cost less than bonuses of course people will buy points and turn in.

Wow, seriously?

Fortunately I decided to turn in my 10K FFA point this morning rather than holding them off. I hope this is only a temporal situation before the exploit is fixed.

I would guess you could continue to go in FFA instances even after you turned in 10k points, still get stars and hand them over to another avatar to turn in for rewards.

Again, both of these seem like REALLY OBVIOUS design flaws.

If MA could not see these coming, they have no business operating an RCE game. Players should not suffer for MA's incompetence.

Buying points to turn in isn't an exploit though. That's the way the event was structured. Points are tradeable/sellable so if they cost less than bonuses of course people will buy points and turn in.

It is because most people only did it to claim the extra free ammo.
So basicly it is abusing a flaw of the system, so thats exploiting.

And exploiting is banable acording to the ToU and bertha said it "Abuse of some exploiters"
So they know of them, they know who they are.

Where is that ban hammer?

banhammer.jpg

Its like sell/trade CRAPNEL.

It is because most people only did it to claim the extra free ammo.
So basicly it is abusing a flaw of the system, so thats exploiting

One could argue that this "flaw" is so obvious, that MA knew people would abuse it, and they planned this whole thing out so they could disable FFA rewards in the middle of the event :dunce:

I know it's tin-foil hat, but seriously? I don't see any other explanation other than "MA believed that all EU players are good-hearted saints who never exploit".

It's pretty obvious that someone started making alts, and buying and turning in the points with them, because even buying at 20 pec a point (more than anyone pays - or should I says paid, because no one buys now and there is a flood of selling) it's 550 ped instantly from each alt, and you can do it infinitely.

I don't think it's an exploit to buy stars at 20 pec (or whatever) and turn them in for 25 pec. Surely they knew people would do this?

It's pretty obvious that someone started making alts, and buying and turning in the points with them, because even buying at 20 pec a point (more than anyone pays - or should I says paid, because no one buys now and there is a flood of selling) it's 550 ped instantly from each alt, and you can do it infinitely.

I resent this implication. Clearly those extra accounts were for their sister/uncle/cousin/catfish/chihuahua. I don't see how this is against the ToS.

I don't think it's an exploit to buy stars at 20 pec (or whatever) and turn them in for 25 pec. Surely they knew people would do this?

Exactly. Unless this exploit was an actual unforeseen bug in the coding, it makes zero sense to blame the players.

MA's statement should have read as follows:

"Hey guys, we designed this event in such a stupid way that people could easily make PEDs, so now we are screwing everyone over because we done goofed. Merry Christmas!"

Even if someone made alts to buy stars and turn them in, someone had to hunt to get those stars, no matter how they are turned in.

Conspiracy theory: it was too easy for hunters to break even or profit from points and it was affecting revenue too much so they shut it down. They made the reward too good.

I think it is only because Mondays CLD payout was so low (should have been higher than average) that this came to MA's attention so fast.

Without CLD's, it probably would have continued well into January.

MA need to "follow the money", I'm sure they will investigate thoroughly in the New Year, what they will do to offenders could be anything from nothing to paying the Ped back.

Even if someone made alts to buy stars and turn them in, someone had to hunt to get those stars, no matter how they are turned in.

Conspiracy theory: it was too easy for hunters to break even or profit from points and it was affecting revenue too much so they shut it down. They made the reward too good.

i have been saying from the start that these points dropped to easily,luckily ive turned in ffa to use bonus + ive sold around 27k points at .19 to another ava ,kinda sucks for that player but thats the risk of being midlleman i guess

I hope they fix this in a proper way. I havent done any FFA yet.

Maybe they stoped it now temporary to prevent it from continued abuse?

Anyway it sux to be "punished" for something you didnt do :lam:

I hope they fix this in a proper way. I havent done any FFA yet.

Maybe they stoped it now temporary to prevent it from continued abuse?

Anyway it sux to be "punished" for something you didnt do :lam:

At least you didn't hunt for no reward, I got nothing for about 2500 points. For some people it's much worse...

Glad I did a few rounds of solo to get a feel for it and run off to Ark.

I think it's hard to trust any events MA runs when they start changing rules midway.

gg MA, again rewarding exploiters and punishing rest of the playerbase...
none gets banned again as usual..

Well, I'm glad I didn't go all in on FFA. Only did 2 solo runs and 2-3 team runs on FFA, so I only had like 1500-2k pts that I didn't turn in. Sigh...this is BS.

Only thing I can think of is what I said when they released this.. it would be open to abuse by all the people who have ton of alts. That would be the only exploit I know. They didn't think through the ffa well enough.

Only thing I can think of is what I said when they released this.. it would be open to abuse by all the people who have ton of alts. That would be the only exploit I know. They didn't think through the ffa well enough.

but that is so obvious ,it cant be that thye didnt think that would happen

Like I said, it shouldn't really matter, the points still need to be hunted for. I think the real problem is they made the rewards too good and it affected revenue too much. So really we are being punished for bad design by MA.

"Any attempt at abusing team mechanics or any other Entropia Universe systems or features in order to gain an unfair advantage over other participants will be grounds for disqualification from the event, forfeiture of any prizes, and possible sanctions imposed on one’s Entropia Universe account."

MA, please disqualify abusing ava's from MM and impose sanctions as per your rules.

Please let me turn in my 10k points for 2500 ped ua!

Its Better This way exploiters can now go spend the universal ammo bonus and all honest player will pay for that :)

but that is so obvious ,it cant be that thye didnt think that would happen

It is quite obvious and somehow I guess they thought it would be self sustaining. I'm glad they finally admitted to what I thought, that cld pays for the universal ammo and I think it also pays for shrapnel conversions too.

I wonder if they really didn't mean to say exploited either. Unless it is turning them in by alts, I don't know how you could abuse it. Rather, oops we made it too lucrative and didn't do proper calculations. Cld owners aren't going to get paid this week, we better halt it.

Back