Max possible multipler in mining

So finaly u agree that u cant get more than around ~1400 unamped planet side?

I asked u and others before to show me a hit over 2k or 1.5k unamped and i will give anyone 500 ped for this.

Gl on ur grinding :)

I hit 1555 PED unamped in June 2014, this guy hit 2537 PED unamped in December 2014.

The problem is, no sane person mines in 1st person (where the amp or lack of it would be visible), so you get to keep your ped and can keep trolling.

(edit - on a second thought, hof would zoom you out of 1st person anyway. I looked through a dozen hof screenshots - the finder is partially visible in some of them but in none it's possible to tell whether there is an amp on. So you're asking to prove something that's impossible to prove.)

Last edited:
I hit 1555 PED unamped in June 2014, this guy hit 2537 PED unamped in December 2014.

The problem is, no sane person mines in 1st person (where the amp or lack of it would be visible), so you get to keep your ped and can keep trolling.

(edit - on a second thought, hof would zoom you out of 1st person anyway. I looked through a dozen hof screenshots - the finder is partially visible in some of them but in none it's possible to tell whether there is an amp on. So you're asking to prove something that's impossible to prove.)

2014 I had too over 1300, even up to early 2015
I'm talking about now, after this "mod" loot. I have recorded over 1M drops to qualify saying this.
Find me someone who can get over 1500+ unamped planetside nowdays or even after summer 2015 and you get 500ped, i still mean it and not trolling :eek:

What I want to test is, yes the nerf is there, but there may occur ATH wave unamped which will make u get over 1500. But how high is this chance? I dunno... Its same chance as getting a real ATH or a big hof on a snablesnot. Same chanse

Today there was a 21507 PED Zinc tower on the planet.

I wonder what amp was used for that so we can calculate the multiplier.

Update: He used a level 13, so it is only about 1024x the cost per drop (assuming that he wasn't using a pre-amped finder like L30), or ~310x using gewitter's formula.

Last edited:

Multiplications for Miners; a poem

between two and four divided by three
is your basic cup of tea

3 is for the nerfies found galore
5 is for the times you spend indoor
4.2 will make the cashire cat grin
72 is a towers worth to begin
And if you believe the devil's box
66 the key that cataclysm unlocks

now stir those together with a golden spoon
be rich you will be, not anytime soon

fyi the green claim finder screen keeps visible until you unequip finder, this way you just have to stay near your claim with size of claim visible, finder visible, hof message in chat and take a nice screen. Can't cheat as you have to unequip finder to unequip any amp.

claim can't be "unknown" ofc ;)

I wondered - can you put lvl 13 amp on pre-amped Finder? For example pre-amped finder with 80 probes for 1 ore drop with lvl 13 amp on asteroids/AU?

I wondered - can you put lvl 13 amp on pre-amped Finder? For example pre-amped finder with 80 probes for 1 ore drop with lvl 13 amp on asteroids/AU?

To answer your question, yes you can but it can get very expensive and not recommended in my opinion for those on a tight budget.

You should leave out the "3.3"-part.

3,3 is your hitrate in mining. When you do attempts, you will recieve only 33% claims, of course with ~3,3 multiplier.
Example: 1,25 - NRF, 1,25 - NRF, 1,25 - 4+ PED claim (without any additional multiplier)

It is a moot point, anyway, I do my calculations, given the hitrate.
Hunting: Almost each mob contain loot, base hitrate 1
Mining: 3,3
Manufacturing: variable, from 1 (quantity) to 8 (condition)

The point is that to calculate the multipliers do not need quite exact digits. I'm curious to see whether I can get now a multiplier of 1000 or more.
Max I seen was ~550 in manufacturing (14 PED click / 7800 result on quantity)

I thought the max multiplier was something in the x10000 range without fluke abnormal hits.

This was before of 'mod' loot.
Now it is less, as I think.

The problem is you are comparing "old time" multiplier of 10 000 (which was only ever an estiamte) with your own version. But they are not comparable. Because the old version did not include the part about "hit rate". It was merely a measure of TT in VS TT out. In order to get a comparative comparison you should divide 10 000 by 3.3. ie compare all your modern results with ~3000.

Is it possible that the base of the multiplier is increased based on whether you single drop or double drop?

All my biggest HOFs lately have been from double drops. I'm starting to think the base of your multiplier increases for both your ore and your enmatter finds if you're spending more probes per click in total, rather than separate multipliers for each resource type.

Hoping someone can prove me wrong, because I don't like to double drop :(

All my biggest HOFs lately have been from double drops.

My two last 1000+ were both from single drops, and so was Heiko's 903. Our sample of three observations is about as big as yours. :silly2:

There doesn't seem to be much difference between single and double drop.

I have however had a completely different suspicion - that those 98 pec lyst claims in untaxed (less than cost of the drop, and can't be blamed on rounding) tend to happen more often with double drop; but then again, those are about as rare as big hofs, so impossible to have anything statistically significant.

My two last 1000+ were both from single drops, and so was Heiko's 903. Our sample of three observations is about as big as yours. :silly2:

There doesn't seem to be much difference between single and double drop.

I have however had a completely different suspicion - that those 98 pec lyst claims in untaxed (less than cost of the drop, and can't be blamed on rounding) tend to happen more often with double drop; but then again, those are about as rare as big hofs, so impossible to have anything statistically significant.

Yeah it's just a wild theory at this point, but you've given me some hope that it's wrong, Ty :wtg:

Wow, 1:500+ (0.5 PED attempt, this is 1600 PED for Ore!), someone promised to pay 500 PED for this! :laugh:

So finaly u agree that u cant get more than around ~1400 unamped planet side?

I asked u and others before to show me a hit over 2k or 1.5k unamped and i will give anyone 500 ped for this.

Gl on ur grinding :)

Wow, 1:500+ (0.5 PED attempt, this is 1600 PED for Ore!), someone promised to pay 500 PED for this! :laugh:

Insufficient proof, finder is barely visible.

I could have of course taken another screenshot with the finder as someone suggested above, but then I have a reflex to switch to the excavator immediately (to avoid double drops).

I did promise and still !

But have to be 1400+ Ore or enamtter, doesn't matter. But we know that u get higher with ore thats why i did not mention enmatter. It is capped with this new system. Like it or not. Unless they roll back to the old system, or make a system between the both? :scratch2:

I think max multiple in mining planet side is cost x3 x10000=30000x

Indoor is cost x3 x6(indoor) x10000 = 180000x

1st place mining ath (217847 PED) came out with level 5 = 3peds cost

cost x3 x6 xMultiple=217847

3PED x3 x6 xMultiple=217847

54PEDs xMultiple=217847

Multiple=(217847/54)

Multiple=4034

I think i remember some years ago someone take 60k or bit more at FOMA unamped. I today take 4417 PED Unamped at FOMA.

Sorry if hard to understand my english is bad and i very tired of my work.

I think max multiple in mining planet side is cost x3 x10000=30000x

Indoor is cost x3 x6(indoor) x10000 = 180000x

1st place mining ath (217847 PED) came out with level 5 = 3peds cost

cost x3 x6 xMultiple=217847

3PED x3 x6 xMultiple=217847

54PEDs xMultiple=217847

Multiple=(217847/54)

Multiple=4034

I think i remember some years ago someone take 60k or bit more at FOMA unamped. I today take 4417 PED Unamped at FOMA.

Sorry if hard to understand my english is bad and i very tired of my work.

4417 / 15 (3x and 5x, not 6x) = 294х (This is your multiplier)

Also check the date of 1st or second mining ATH. Now is 2016, all was changed several times.

Current confirmed cap is ~500x

It was possibe to hit 2000x or 4000x in 2007-2008 or earlier.

4417 / 15 (3x and 5x, not 6x) = 294х (This is your multiplier)

Also check the date of 1st or second mining ATH. Now is 2016, all was changed several times.

Current confirmed cap is ~500x

It was possibe to hit 2000x or 4000x in 2007-2008 or earlier.

Thank you for correct me i was very tired.

Thinking now maybe correct i be i said 217847/3=72615 because he only spend 3 peds using lv 5

if use outdoor with less 5x can be 72615/5=14523 or if 6x 72615/6=12102 but both 1st and 2nd ath of mining are strange because out few days an after another maybe manipulated by MA.

Last edited:
Thank you for correct me i was very tired.

Thinking now maybe correct i be i said 217847/3=72615 because he only spend 3 peds using lv 5

if use outdoor with less 5x can be 72615/5=14523 or if 6x 72615/6=12102 but both 1st and 2nd ath of mining are strange because out few days an after another maybe manipulated by MA.

217847 must be divided on 3 and on 5 (total 15), because it was indoor = 14523x multiplier for ATH #1

My own max multiplier was about 4000x in 2007

my friend ingame had 7.9k tower in UG other week unamped with 105 finder and then 1.4k unamped in ug again 2 days later

my friend ingame had 7.9k tower in UG other week unamped with 105 finder and then 1.4k unamped in ug again 2 days later

7900 in UG is just again ~1:500 if this was ore. If it was treasure - 1:350

Very interested, if it was enmatter!

I recently had a XXII 3250 PED Azur Pearls in Calypso, amped with lvl5. I have done a lot of mining with lvl5, that is the biggest claim i had.

lvl5

I had 3250 PED (XXII) claim of Azur Pearls in Calypso, amped lvl5, that is my largest find in a long way of mining with lvl5.

5455 ped ares head L30 unumped UG

Back