Dear sweaters at mission players

awe

Deactivated Account
I don't mind sweaters, although I fail to understand their motivation. But to whomever their own joy.

What I have just seen in game was a sweater going ballistics about a new player killing "his" mobs.
This was at half moon cove, where killing those mobs is part of the mission "kill it with fire".

Now besides the fact that he was very rude, swearing and threatening up to the point that he actually chocked me; just think about what the new player must think.

One of the few newbies that actually make it to this mission; who might have or will atleast in 25% of the cases do a deposit get greeted this way.

I have read that this kind of behavior is common in some MMORGP, but it is shocking to see it here in EU.

Now I can pull a Mccormick here and say that PE was so much better and the player base formed a better community; and they f'd it up and now they get the player-base of the Blizzard/EA/whatever publisher they look up to.

The thing is; many of us long time players came to this game and primarily stayed for the community.

While more and more I see anti-social and apathetic behavior nowadays.
When I used to say Hi to a GD in a remote place I mostly got a Hi back. Now it is seldom that I get a response, and if I do; it's from a name I remember to be in-game for years.

Ahh, well, at least they gave us a red baret and called it the end of an era...

Sorry for the whinning, I'm getting old I guess

In the sweater World its rude to start killing a mob if some one are sweating it its ok after when its dry, so kill a mob who non is sweating or wait to the mob is dry.:)

Soon 3000 skillpoint in Sg- skill and as hunter i am Great Grand Master in BLP. :)

In the sweater World its rude to start killing a mob if some one are sweating it its ok after when its dry, so kill a mob who non is sweating or wait to the mob is dry.:)

Soon 3000 skillpoint in Sg- skill and as hunter i am Great Grand Master in BLP. :)

Valentin, I don't think you are actually going to stand and sweat just at the mob spawn of a mission; while the same mob can be found all over the place.
Nor do I think that you would use such foul language to a new player that clearly doesn't know the "sweat" rules and prolly barely even know how to play the game at all.

Now I personally wouldn't shoot a mob that is being sweat since I know what it is. Now, I actually have had people sweating the mob I was shooting and even following me around to do so. Isn't that against rules of hunting? :scratch2: J/K although I kind off find it annoying that someone sweats my prey, but I can't bring myself to chase him away. I actually once tried to give some ammo and a gun to one of them, but they refused. :scratch2: sweaters are weird.

I swunt Monura on Arkadia a lot, obviously did Gallards and Caraboks. This also means occasionally a newbie walks in and starts shooting stuff (or even more of a senior player). It's annoying if it happens but if its a newbie, it should be explained why it is wrong, if its a senior player well..... they probably won't listen anyways :p

Baseline, if you go out sweating or swunting in an area which is prone to have newbies walking in, you as an experienced player should educate them instead of insulting them when they shoot your mob.

Back