Perceived Pattern Based on Ardorj's Experiment of Kills per Hunt on Hadraada

sawachika

Old Alpha
Didn't want to hijack KullXP's thread so I made this one.

It is with regards to the post by Ardorj in it...on his experiment (posted on Ark Forums).

To Ardorj: Dang...to think that I had missed such an interesting experiment you did. Can't blame me though...hardly visited Ark Forums...and don't have an account there. (Too many accounts to keep...and one too many for a single game.)

Anyway, from what I could see by the data you've posted...in those tables...there "appears" to be two different "functions" happening in the "black box" of Entropia Universe.

1 - Loot Returns
2 - Cost to Kill

At any point in time, the game system is in some kind of "mood" it seems. And this mood would determine its "payout rate" (loot returns) and your "cost to kill".

And by this, I mean that at that point in time, its likely that your "loot returns" is governed by perhaps how much PEDs is found within the system (at that point in time). If its healthy, your payouts are good. If its unhealthy, your payouts are subpar.

At any point in time, there's only a finite amount of PEDs within the game...and we're all vying for it through the activities that we're engaged in. (At least that's what I believe.)

Similarly, at that point in time, the system also governs your "cost to kill"...most possibly...through altering your "accuracy rate" (number of times you miss).

However, the funny thing is...those two aren't quite related to each other.

Or in other words, you may be looting well...but that doesn't mean that its due to your "cost to kill" being very low (as in your killing them very cheaply...or that your hitting them very well...and with low amount of misses). Despite using the same weapon/setup.

Likewise, you may be looting very badly...but that doesn't mean that its due to your "cost to kill" being very high (as in your killing them very expensively...or that your hitting them very poorly...and with high amount of misses). Despite using the same weapon/setup.

BUT

If those two "functions" do coincide (in a good or bad way), you would observe very good "TT Returns" (more than 100%) or very bad ones (80%, 70% or even 60% TT Returns). They amplify...good meets good equals very good...bad meets bad equals very bad.

However

So long as you perform a sufficiently large number of kills...over a sufficiently long enough period of time, you will manage to achieve the "expected averages" (both in loot returns and cost to kill).

So will knowing all these help me get good returns by timing the system?

Nope. At least I don't think so.

You gotta hunt to know whether the system is in a good mood or not. However, that does not guarantee that the system won't "change its mood" at any point in time (to alter your fate). So in that sense, timing the system doesn't work I guess.

But it does hint you on how you should approach hunting though...I believe.

And that is to do as large a number of attempts as possible and spreading them over as long enough a period of time as possible.

Coincidentally, this just reaffirms what I've stated in my blog post on hunting anyway.

In this way, you can increase your chances of attaining the "expected average" that your hoping for.

(Disclaimer: This is all assuming that your hunting the same mob...using the same setup. At least that's what Ardorj's experiment is telling me. There's no way to tell...from this experiment alone...whether the game system's "mood" is game-wide, server-wide or mob-wide...and there's no telling whether its affected by your character or even setup changes too.)

Hope this will help you guys improve your chances of surviving in Entropia Universe (even if its by a tiny bit). But I reckon...that this is something that you already knew...so I'm just re-emphasizing it only.

;)

Last edited:
Hey, guys, hold ur horses!
If u keep unraveling all the secrets of the game pretty soon there's nothing left for the happy noobs to find out on their own.

Just kiddin'. There's always something, some curious pattern we quite can't figure out. So no worries. :)

Hey, guys, hold ur horses!
If u keep unraveling all the secrets of the game pretty soon there's nothing left for the happy noobs to find out on their own.

Just kiddin'. There's always something, some curious pattern we quite can't figure out. So no worries. :)

Hahaha....ah well...its just something for fun...that my mind seemed to perceive after seeing that data.

Though that pattern might or might not be true (take it with a pinch of salt), but what the data does show is a fairly consistent "TT return %" and "Cost to Kill"...over time. :D

This is a very nice and informative post.

It would be beneficial to any hunters to examine the information you have provided and use it to improve there game.

Very good and clear information on the loot system, Great Work!

Hahaha....ah well...its just something for fun...that my mind seemed to perceive after seeing that data.

Though that pattern might or might not be true (take it with a pinch of salt), but what the data does show is a fairly consistent "TT return %" and "Cost to Kill"...over time. :D

Did you change your armour and / or weapons during the hunts ?

Last edited:
Did you change your armour and / or weapons during the hunts ?

I'm afraid your mistaken. It wasn't me who did this. I'm merely extrapolating from the data provided by Ardorj.

As far as his post stated,

The setup is as following:
Creature: Hadraada (Young - Provider)
Armour: None
Weapon (primary): Khorum Ice Dagger (3x)
Weapon (secondary): Ozpyn RSB S1X1
Fap (primary): Gyro Fap-18 (L)
Fap (secondary): S.I. H.E.A.R.T.
Kills per Hunt: 10, 30, 60, 90, 120, 150, 200, 225

Back