Events with real-time positions and scores

SnowLeopard

Stalker
Society
Guess Who
Gray SnowLeopard Felix
I cannot think of any real-world sport or competition where the participants are kept in the dark about their standings until after the event is over. Hockey, football, and basketball all have scoreboards and game clocks. There are racing events such as skiing and rally-racing where competitors race one-at-a-time, but the only ones disadvantaged are those that go first. Imagine if each competitor's times were kept secret until everyone had raced... Imagine a basketball game without a scoreboard... Imagine a soccer game without a scoreboard (oh wait, score is probably still nil-nil anyway!)
The argument that those that don't have a chance to win will be even more discouraged is bullshit. Most have no chance of winning as it is and still participate -- I remember how much fun I was having in Champions League years ago when I had half the skill I have now... no chance of winning but anxiously awaited the weekly scores to be posted.
To quote Deep Purple: It's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase.

I would really like for events, both those created in-game on landareas and the "mega events" like Merry Mayhem, to have real-time scoreboards including actual scores and time spent (as appropriate).
Maybe leave the Mayhem events and have new event class with real-time scores.

For ingame events, it would also be nice if the devs could finally get around to fixing the final top 10 so it actual updates properly at the end of the event. Many times positions have changed, even in top 3, in the last seconds of the event but the final scoreboard does not.

I hear you, tho not a dev. Good pointers in Your post.

tbh honest I want to win to, but your idea, will cause more pain In general,

1) not every body can play 24/7,
2) revealing real time score means that for some people they can see their score and work on it,
3) this is an advantage to people who have time and can invest time to play and win, as much 24/7,

4) for the rest who cant, they are 100% guaranteed to lose, and instantly know they going to lose...
5) this leads to nobody wanting to play the events because they already know they are going to lose, then why bother ?

6) hidden scores allows ppl to gradually work towards a goal, sort of mystery and guess work, no one noes, which I feel is already a great idea,

7) perhaps a half-time score board is a good alternative, to let people to decide to continue or not after half the events time has lapse.

8)real time score results in extremely fierce competition, this is like those weekly land area events, ppl who had the means, ped, time, and equipment, will fiercely battle it out, and the sure losers only chance is a stroke of extreme sheer luck. as you can already see in land events, when the top 3 players hit a huge uber, the rest of participants gave up already since they KNOW there is only luck and no effort left to fight for. they either stop or just hunt in a relax manner,

so if u imagine this in a huge ass event like mayhem, ma is gonna suffer considerably with the majority of the player base quitting halftime.

if you see a score that showed you top 15 players have 200k pts each, would u even bother to participate any more ? answer is out right,, NO Way , at best u just finish the quest and be done, even with hidden scores people are already doing this. If you cant see, you just play as per normal hoping to get a nice score and that's where the cash flows in.

just my two cents

To have some live scoring would be great, it really put's more excitement to the event.
Like Most Loot or HSL in ordinary event.

Now MM is a bit special, but an updated Top 20 average points/h score update would really put more excitement to the game, even if it's updated once 24h or so. It will really tweak the players to sometimes alter their strategy.

Like the Neverdie CL event for example, although those scores are updated manually, it really puts more excitement into those longer lasting events. Could we get this automated it would be awsome. Now the CL and MM scoring are completely different (CL scores on globals and MM/Halloween on looted stars/pumpkins) but some kind of mecanic to measure this and present automatic scoring would really put more excitement to the longer lasting event we have.

.1) not every body can play 24/7,

I definitely think there should be a time limit or even better is the average/h scoring is the best way to make it fair.
Then the one's who play 24/7 can do that and the players who cannot play 24/7 can attend and have pretty much the same chance.

Then of cource the mandatory hours can be discussed, what should it be? 40h seems ok IF there is a time spam that is enough. I personally really have hard time putting off those 40h now holiday times (family events etc.), but if there are ~30days to complete it i think most ppl can put aside the time to complete the minimum time.

Perhaps it would be good in some form, like Global/Hof over a specific time and at specific places...
And it could work in hunting, mining and crafting to, same mobs, specific enmatter/stones and a specific BP....

My2 pecs:)
Rapido

They can keep the current format for those that like to compete blindly.

Back