Call for disciplinary action on the part of all UA cheaters during this years Merry Mayhem.

Thank You

Thank You MA for making me in 2 weeks have a loss of more than 8k ped only in cld value and for the loss of peds from my cash flow. Thank you much more for all the effort ur making to protect investors and keeping trust. I play since august of this year and was excited about this new "uncommon" investment opportunity. Didnt have to wait long for you to ruin it. as expected.

Yet I've now had to pay 3 separate times for the actions of people like <removed> Svena above who boldly admits to screwing others over. How many more times will I cut a check so that this <replaced: player> can strut around unpunished by MindArk for basically stealing from other players?

Wow! <removed>.

So Svena bought stars at auction or trade <removed> ?
Maybe you dont know <removed> , but buying stars is like buying amo, armor or a gun. It is a tradeable ( this means people can buy or sell them when they want and for whatever price they want.

*note: I cant believe I wasted 30 seconds of my life replying to your ignorant/abusive comment

Last edited by a moderator:
I admit that I am pretty dense, but can someone explain to me the reason to create an alt to buy stars to turn in for UA bonus that can't be traded? I don't get that. I can see the alt would have to burn the UA to turn it into loot/skills the owner could get that back from the alt, but ffs, its not really a lot of money in UA bonus for all of that work. I must be missing something.

Wow! <removed>.

So Svena bought stars at auction or trade <removed> ?
Maybe you dont know <removed> , but buying stars is like buying amo, armor or a gun. It is a tradeable ( this means people can buy or sell them when they want and for whatever price they want.

*note: I cant believe I wasted 30 seconds of my life replying to your ignorant/abusive comment

What he said :lolup:

PS: Id love disciplinary actions against ignorant folks throwing insults around like nothing :)

I admit that I am pretty dense, but can someone explain to me the reason to create an alt to buy stars to turn in for UA bonus that can't be traded? I don't get that. I can see the alt would have to burn the UA to turn it into loot/skills the owner could get that back from the alt, but ffs, its not really a lot of money in UA bonus for all of that work. I must be missing something.

Im too stupid too, I cant see how its possible to go through all that work to POSSIBLY earn a few peds more then the 2k you could get for Selling the stars legit or possibly if bad return get less back then the 2k you get from Selling them.

I bet my butt that someone made a parameter wrong and the Points was too easy to gain in the start of event and didnt "cost" enough for players to earn the scores hence the fault is strictly from planetpartner side is my wild guess (scores dropping like one third as much in the end as in the start).

On a personal level Im happy if the fact is that players earned peds too easy that means alot happy players maybe turning more peds over in a near future, I had tons of fun in a great event and Ive sold all my stars :D

GG

//Linz

On a personal level Im happy if the fact is that players earned peds too easy that means alot happy players maybe turning more peds over in a near future, I had tons of fun in a great event and Ive sold all my stars :D

GG

//Linz

I happily cycled all of my personal 10k bonus, as usual :laugh:

But now I have a mod resto chip to show for it, so its all good :thumbup:

So, anyone still think after this weeks payout that there's not a problem?

MA: Punish the cheaters. It is wrong to force those who did not cheat to subsidize those who did.

You still think there were cheaters? MA made up a scapegoat so you blame the scapegoat instead of MA.

<removed>

So if you are looking someone to blame for low CLD payouts i would say do this:
- 90% blame MA for stupidity and lack of math skills
- 10% blame alt account creators
- 0% blame any other player who looted or bought any FFA poitns and turned them in for uni amo.

Falagor
:bandit:

That's almost fair. Until you get the players who buy stuff from their 'uncle' and 'aunt' who just happen to live with them.

I think its right to view any trade that happened with these with an eye of skepticism.

I'd say blame MA 50%. Blame Exploiters 40%. Blame buyers 10%.

Which means:

MA needs to cop to the problem and reimburse all investors 100%.

MA needs to spend resources to track down the exploiters.

Buyers get analyzed, and histories reviewed. If it shows that they bought in excess, or logs show knowledge of exploit, then 1 week ban.

Exploiters who made alts, no sympathy, no excuses. Ban and liquidate. Use auction proceeds to reimburse investors and parent company.

Basically what my OP said.

Edit: I understand many people here may have a complete lack of integrity and not even know the meaning of the word. Some peoples reactions are therefore not only not surprising, but expected. <removed>

You still think there were cheaters? MA made up a scapegoat so you blame the scapegoat instead of MA.

<removed>.

So, how much did you benefit from this exploit?

Wait wait wait, lemme guess. What you did was completely fair, and its all somebody elses fault. You just took advantage of the situation, right?

<moderated>

So, how much did you benefit from this exploit?

Wait wait wait, lemme guess. What you did was completely fair, and its all somebody elses fault. You just took advantage of the situation, right?

<moderated>

And now you pick on other people instead of MA. <removed>

I benefited zero from this exploit. I don't even play on Calypso, nor do I partake in MM, nor do I want universal ammo as I tame and harvest exclusively. I bought zero stars, gained zero stars, and exchanged zero stars.

Check my recent globals if you don't believe me...

The fact that <removed> this is simply MA passing off the blame to imaginary exploiters has nothing to do with me participating or not in this event. <removed> you are proving my point, blaming imaginary exploiters, even people who did not partake in the event as exploiters simply because they don't agree with you.

<removed> you fall for whatever they say. Trying to put anger and blame on players rather then MA simply because they shift the blame to an unknown group.

More empty words...

<removed>

The reality is: People created alt accounts to farm the system. That is an exploit. It was enough of an exploit to result in significant revenue loss.

Was the event poorly planned?

Yes.

Did people take advantage of that through whatever means they felt most comfortable with?

Yes.

Are they now expecting to be rewarded for doing so.

Yes.

Should they be?

:censored: no!

MA is at fault for creating the problem. The players are at fault for exploiting the problem. Yet its the investors that pay for it.

That's a very epic fail.

<removed>

I dont know the mechanics of what went on with this cheat and the finer points of it. There may be some sort of dividing line between buying the stars and simply trading them in, but I'm not sure I see it completely, since at the end of the game you're still buying what is most likely an illegally obtained item knowing full well that such an item was obtained through use of an exploit. It seems very clear that this person knew about this, and chose to ignore it. That's a problem, since its basically money laundering. If they did not, and I'm reading too much into it, I apologize.

Dude, stop typing, take a breath or some meds or whatever.

I came down to the last day before the end of MM and had over 4K points and had no more time or ambition to keep going. I sold my points to another player for 0.20 per point. By my estimation, even if I made it to 5k, it would still have been better to sell than turn in. You need 10k points to really get the deal. I am pretty damned sure that there were a lot of other players who were in the same position. I saw a lot of people in those instances and I watched their damage totals vs mine. So, unless they were in there 24hrs a day, they didn't end up with twice as many points as I did.

So, are we somehow exploiters? In any sane version of the world, that is a great big "No!" Not sure about your version, though.

You're reading so far into it that you have gone blind. Making up theories where none are needed. Making accusations without proof (seems to be a popular thing on PCF).

I believe the cliche is.. can't see the forest for the trees.

Dude... when people agree with me of all people, you know you are wrong.

They (MA) don't want bad PR, they don't want people mad at them, <removed> and it's working on you.

There are no exploiters, there is even proof now.

Ma 'fixed' the 'exploit', then made it so you can convert for ammo again, CLD were zero payment again. Without exploiters they still had no payout due to giving rewards. Obviously no exploit occurred it was their shitty system of giving rewards out of CLD profit in place, but rather then get mad at them for it, you are <removed> getting mad at the imaginary villains they put forward.

You are so into this theory they put out, <removed> that you are even now trying to point out these imaginary exploiters as real people, and starting a blame game. When in fact no one exploited at all. You are even going so far as to say people who didn't even partake in the event are exploiters, meaning you are not even looking into who a person is before you start your witchhunt.

Magyar,

You are completely wrong on this issue, ma fucked up, plain and simple
Yes I'm sure there were some alts taking advantage of the situation but there number was most likely very small compared to the player base at large that followed the rules of the event and got the discounted ammo by the system that ma created
You will not be reimbursed for low cld returns nor should you or anyone else, you chose to invest in a company that made a mistake and now you have suffered the result
Do you really think the people that own stock in VW will be reimbursed for their lack of dividends or drop in stock price because of the "clean diesel" fiasco? No ofc not and neither should cld holders

Returns are not guaranteed
Returns were never set as permanent
Get over it and move on
Stop acting like a spoiled child in this matter, your reinforcing the spoiled American stereotype
And for fuck sakes stop being an ass to other players who voice their opinion on this issue

I'm not sure what the exploit was, but judging from the CLD payout it hammered Caly profits badly for a payment. The fact MA called "exploit of generous rewards" if i remember correctly seems a bit odd and i guess fuels the aftermath here.

Just let MA go through logs or whatever and deal with things as they will, as at the end of the day is their call what happens in the end. I don't own CLD's, didn't participate in MM except to heal a couple of times and shoot maybe 20 mobs after which i left and never went back. I do however understand people who own CLD's being kinda angry though, expecting a bumper MM fueled payout and getting the last pay out.

No point bickering, accusing etc only MA and Caly can sort it out, just give them some time to act and go through logs.

You're reading so far into it that you have gone blind. Making up theories where none are needed. Making accusations without proof (seems to be a popular thing on PCF).

I believe the cliche is.. can't see the forest for the trees.
Sad but true.
It's amazing how easily even the smartest ppl can get blinded by the greed... :(
There's indeed great deal of wisdom in this old 7 deadly sins concept.

It was perfectly clear for any active player who tends to keep an eye on what exactly happens around em.
There was 2 reasons why the CLD payouts stopped - over-generous ammo rewards (massively used by normal honest players) and exploiters (a tiny fraction in the big picture). The difference between those 2 was not just "bigger" and "smaller". The difference was by a magnitude.

Welcome to the reality OP. Or not.. your choice ofc.

The developer quotes are there. It says in black and white that something was exploited. It says in black and white that revenues were impacted by this. What more do you want? <removed>
If you cant believe the developer when they say there's an exploit, you need to cash out.

Why would you invest in a system that you cannot trust?

I'm seriously considering cashing out over this nonsense. If the developers do not severely punish the people who exploited, I will have to ask myself whether I trust them enough to continue participating.

Not that anyone on this forum would give a shit. I know you all care about me about as much as I care about you. Which is to say we'd rather see the other person hang.

However, for the developer to lose somebody who is a strong advocate of the platform and the premises behind it, and has been an advocate of these sorts of things often and in writing since 1999, because of their ineptitude and failure to adequately follow through should be a real eye opener.

Aww. Did I just say the developer was inept? Yeah, I sure did. Looks like I'm not the mewling MA sycophant that <removed> Venture Bros wants to believe. I simply wish to hold the players responsible for their part in it. Because like it or not, they are responsible.

You dont rob a bank and, blame your robbery on the banks poor security, and expect the bank to take all the blame any more than you rob a real cash economy, blame your robbery on the poor coding, and expect the developer to take all the blame.

The bank has to fix their security. The developer has to fix their oversights. And your ass still has to go to jail. Because you're a :censored: crook, and that's where crooks go.

If you cant believe the developer when they say there's an exploit, you need to cash out.

Why would you invest in a system that you cannot trust?

This is major problem with this game that Older players who have invested a lot of money and time in game feel they cant trust MA or in this case Caly dev team. Their reluctence to comunicate with player base do not help their cause, you can see this when PP talk to their player base and hold up hands when they screw up.

is there any information regarding this weeks low payout from MA ?

and i dont mean that hasty /unthought thing from Ma regarding exploits /alts whatever , it sure looked like someone at the Ma office made a sloppy statment as usuall .

I call this B.S and wants some facts from MA regarding this.

Magyar,

It is not black and white. Exploit can mean many things.. and most of us can see the forest. We do not believe people took an advantage of an EXPLOIT (noun.. a defect, bug, something not intended and is obvious it is not).. instead, we (most people who know MA's track record) believe that a company who's primary language is NOT english meant what is painfully obvious, especially to those who have game development backgrounds:

verb (used with object)
to utilize, especially for profit; turn to practical account:
to exploit a business opportunity.

This in itself is not bad. You are taking advantage of the opportunity.. also not bad. And this is what happened. Mindark made something too lucrative and they paid for it from Calypso's profits.. which is the only thing you are entitled to a share.

But it does not matter.. you will believe what you to believe.. <removed>

So yea.. if this is going to be your attitude.. just bash, rage, call people names because of a huge majority of people in PCF who can see the SAME THING.. then cash out. We have enough people on this forum in game that throw tantrums and demand things that they cannot.

Im not blaming Calypso team or MA for screwing up, its human it can happen, i blame them because they are not able to give a fast response to investors, wich is worste.
I own CLD and i still cant know now how huge is the problem, and if ma is goin to fix it cashing with they're pocket or punishing exploiters.
All i know is that me, like many others lost more than 1k dollars only in cld peds value becouse of this screwing up, and this is a problem that the more ma wait to give a response the less easy will be fixed. ofc there is also the revenue and the fact that if ma screw again they will be legit (wich according to the rules they already are) to detract losses wich comes from they're mistake from cld, which will affect permanently cld value.

Is MA going to give an answer?
does ma know what really happen?
does ma care about it? does ma planned this on purpose ?
does ma have the resources to fix a problem like this?
how huge really this is?
will ma give a satisfy answer to investor?
will ma consider it theyre mistake refounding investors and saving cld value or they will make it happen again?
will ma fire someone of they're staff for this event mistake?
when can we know something more?

Magyar,

It is not black and white. Exploit can mean many things.. and most of us can see the forest. We do not believe people took an advantage of an EXPLOIT (noun.. a defect, bug, something not intended and is obvious it is not).. instead, we (most people who know MA's track record) believe that a company who's primary language is NOT english meant what is painfully obvious, especially to those who have game development backgrounds:

verb (used with object)
to utilize, especially for profit; turn to practical account:
to exploit a business opportunity.

This in itself is not bad. You are taking advantage of the opportunity.. also not bad. And this is what happened. Mindark made something too lucrative and they paid for it from Calypso's profits.. which is the only thing you are entitled to a share.

But it does not matter.. you will believe what you to believe.. <removed>

So yea.. if this is going to be your attitude.. just bash, rage, call people names because of a huge majority of people in PCF who can see the SAME THING.. then cash out. We have enough people on this forum in game that throw tantrums and demand things that they cannot.

This is an example of sideways thinking. Instead of addressing the problem, a single definition is cherry picked as an alternative without presenting the referenced definition and application as contrast. The new definition is then used to sidestep the intended frame of discussion in order to portray a non reality.

If the definition of exploit as used in online gaming were appropriately referenced, it would be very plain to see that this particular example is nothing more than whitewashing. But hey, you will believe what you choose to believe, and reference what you choose to in order to make your point appeal to the audience.

you know what was the exploit they taught that the poeple hunting were all going to turn in there point and buy more after 10k points lol

maybe top 50 poeple turn in more than 10 k trying to win the big prize the rest opted for selling the point after

10k point why lol the prize was better

so anyone one ingame that log in daily that wanted free ped amo that hunt got a bonus the cld owner paid for it

also you have a bad week during the even but that amo has to be use again later you lost now but will gain back after when it use up

stop your crying i will send you a box of cleanex

When I agree with venture bros, the world has ended.

haha me neither, I even poke fun at myself when I say "Dude... when people agree with me of all people, you know you are wrong. " because clearly he is crazy when people are agreeing with me of all people.

haha me neither, I even poke fun at myself when I say "Dude... when people agree with me of all people, you know you are wrong. " because clearly he is crazy when people are agreeing with me of all people.

no one is agreeing with you, u got ammo with my money <removed>!!!!!

because clearly he is crazy when people are agreeing with me of all people.

Right.

So after MA uses the words "exploit" and "abuse" to describe these actions its crazy to believe the players were wrongfully using the system and should be punished for it.

Got it.

I guess it's true what they say: Those who are stupid do not realize they are stupid.

Keep on throwing money and time in the direction of a product who's developers you dont trust. <removed>

I'd try to explain it to you further just how moronic that makes you look, to actually be blowing away your money and time on something that you yourself say you cannot depend on, but you wouldnt understand. That is the entire premise of your argument. That the word of MA cannot be trusted, yes? But you wouldnt get how wasting your time like that makes you just a stupid person in general. So I'll save you the interpetation and spell it out.

Wasting time on people you dont trust is stupid. Since you dont trust the developers you're wasting your time here. Eventually they will let you down completely, and take all of your hard earned money, leaving the time you spent meaningless and unproductive. You do this willingly, and knowingly. <removed>

This thread isnt for people like you. People who have decided that their assets and time are something to be thrown away. <removed>

This thread is for people who actually give a shit, and want MA to take a stance against this type of behavior every time it happens. This thread is for people who might be wrong, might be foolish, and might be naive. But they are not stupid, because they put their money into a product they still believe in. They are asking the developers to live up to that belief. Because <removed> these people's assets and time come with a price tag. They arent free. The price tag is steep. The price is you actually need to do a good job.

I can hear the response already "I didnt mean that they cant be believed. I meant that they probably meant something else... etc".

Bullshit. In this industry developers dont toss words like exploit and abuse around lightly. It would be brand suicide.

There's only one reason why nothing would be done here. Nothing would be done here if, and only if, the parent company decided too many 'whales' were involved in the exploiting and it could not risk financial ruin by enacting punitive measures.

If that happens, I'll cut my losses and sell out quickly in complete disgust. I've already made more than my money back, so greed would not be able to keep me around. I'd want to be as far away from this product as I could get.

Merry Mayhem Update

Merry Christmas from mother earth Calypsians!

Unfortunately, due to some users exploiting the generosity of the bonus rewards, it has been necessary to disable the Universal Ammo bonus rewards in the Merry Mayhem Free-For-All category. As quest rewards are part of the weekly Calypso Land Deed revenue calculation, this abuse will negatively effect the CLD revenue for the current week.

For the rest of you enjoying the event fairly, we wish you happy hunting.

An addendum to the earlier Merry Mayhem Update announcement.

Of course there will be a full investigation of potential bonus reward abuse, and sanctions imposed on those participants found to be abusing the event.

Legitimate participants who have collected FFA Mayhem Stars and have not yet claimed their rewards will have the opportunity to receive their rewards at a later date.

We appreciate your understanding while we deal with these abuse issues

This was the announcement, they said will be a full investigation of potential reward abuse and sanctions imposed on those found to be abusing the event. So all that people can do is wait for them to investigate and come to some conclusion.

I can understand where Magyar is coming from due to the above release from MA, but all we can do is wait and see. I guess as affected CLD payouts so badly this was widely used by many, or hammered by the few.

Will be interesting to see how all plays out, and what MA will do in terms of "sanctions imposed". Maybe temp bans or ped to be paid back who knows..

Last edited:

Will be interesting to see how all plays out, and what MA will do in terms of "sanctions imposed". Maybe temp bans or ped to be paid back who knows..

I do: they will do nothing :eyecrazy:

Back