Call for disciplinary action on the part of all UA cheaters during this years Merry Mayhem.

I do: they will do nothing :eyecrazy:

They will as long as the playerbase communicates to them that we dont care. It's our job to let them know when something needs to happen, and be the other end of the dialogue.

Thus the point of this thread. I assure you its not because I love to interact with folks who's sole purpose in communication is to attempt to denigrate me. I was well aware that I would be exposing myself to such communication when I posted this.

I admit that I am pretty dense, but can someone explain to me the reason to create an alt to buy stars to turn in for UA bonus that can't be traded? I don't get that. I can see the alt would have to burn the UA to turn it into loot/skills the owner could get that back from the alt, but ffs, its not really a lot of money in UA bonus for all of that work. I must be missing something.

I dont get it either.
What was the exploit that was used ?

I dont get it either.
What was the exploit that was used ?

People would by the tokens, complete the mission then abandon the mission, buy more tokens, complete the mission etc..... getting 500 ped ish each time.

Or

Create an alt to buy tokens and complete the mission, then create another alt to buy more tokens and complete the mission.

Rgds

Ace

One thing is to develop event and give final reward in TT up to 330 peds like mod fap.
But that is final reward and only one.
Another story is to give possibility to every participant to get ammo for TT 500, 2.500 or more peds as a generous bonus.
So every participant who got TT 500 ped ammo bonus is exploiter because they got more TT peds that is final reward (like mod fap ) but obviously all exploiters I mean participants got helped by developers.

Last edited:
People would by the tokens, complete the mission then abandon the mission, buy more tokens, complete the mission etc..... getting 500 ped ish each time.

Or

Create an alt to buy tokens and complete the mission, then create another alt to buy more tokens and complete the mission.

Rgds

Ace

First one was reported not to be true. From what i managed to find out you only got rewards only once even when you abandoned and turned in again.

Falagor
:bandit:

First one was reported not to be true. From what i managed to find out you only got rewards only once even when you abandoned and turned in again.

Falagor
:bandit:

Thanks for clearing that up.

The creation of alts to abuse the system is the problem, from what I understand of how it works.

People buying stuff is an ancillary concern. Basically it boils down to this, though:

If something looks too good to be true, it probably is.

Except that I don't even play on calypso and didn't participate in MM... :eyecrazy:

Then why are you commenting on this thread? If you dont play here, what the &$%# do you actually have that is worthy of contribution? That you dont trust MA? Gee, that's really helpful.

Go away, noob.

Last edited:
@magyar I think you may have missed the thread which announced the FFA rewards were active again. That thread made no mention of any punishment probably because devs realised it was their mistake

@magyar I think you may have missed the thread which announced the FFA rewards were active again. That thread made no mention of any punishment probably because devs realised it was their mistake

It doesn't matter what anyone tells him George, he is just seeking attention.
I saw many people on this thread explain to him that there was no exploit, it was just a mistake on MA's end, but he insists in his persuit of revenge for losing 10 or 20 ped, and insults a few people along the way.

If true that's a rather serious problem. They need to inform their investors of it. All of their investors. Pissing away a few hundred thousand dollars of income over a coding error during a peak event is a pretty serious screw up.

It doesn't matter what anyone tells him George, he is just seeking attention.
I saw many people on this thread explain to him that there was no exploit, it was just a mistake on MA's end, but he insists in his persuit of revenge for losing 10 or 20 ped, and insults a few people along the way.

I own over 1000 CLD. I'm taking this fuck up rather seriously.

As for people, it seems like the only people I've insulted are a dude who doesnt play here who feels it necessary to chime in because he's got nothing better to do, and somebody who came on this thread in order to continue a beef with me I have not been engaged in for over half a year. Both of them, in my book, deserve exactly the amount of respect they are giving out.

The rest, as I made clear, are thieves if they exploited this, and if they did not, are not.

I'm not sure what's so hard to grasp about that, but people seem wholly unable to do so. Not my problem.

Last edited:
So then it can be said, you would rather have 1 or 2 weeks of 4 PED than 4 weeks of real happy hunters and temporarily stunt dividends. I'll give you that if it is because of alts, then that's an issue. But, if you're bitching about people selling stars and getting ammo under the legit parameters of the gamr, even if it is at your and calypso's expense when you've been getting 50 weeks of very consistent returns.. well you're the type of investor that everyone hates and one this game doesn't needed.

I'm risking to add fuel to the fire but can't resist the temptation!
Here's how it really happened:

It's a quiet Christmas evening, everybody who mattered had already left for holidays. Only poor Eddie was left in the office. (Eddie's not the brightest guy, so he gets all the worst shifts, for the lowest paycheck.)

Eddie just got himself seated at the TV with the cup of coffee when the red flashing message pops up on the loot server terminal.

"Warning! Excess drain from the lootpool!"

Wth... What's this supposed to mean!? Nobody said anything about warning messages! So, um... am I supposed to do something about it? :scratch2:

Have to call the Boss. Yes, it's frightening but u can do it Ed.... Click click click... Hello, sir! It's Eddie... I'm terribly sorry, sir!...
How's the weather on Bora Bora? ... Well, the thing is, um... There's some kind of system warning here, what should I do? ...
Yes, sir I do realize you are on the vacation and u don't give a damn... Yes OK, I will take care of it... Shut it down and post some kind of announcement, got it...
Sure, yes yes I got it.... Yes sir, we will sort it out when u back in office. Thank you sir! Have Merry Christmas, sir!

Click. Beep-beep-beep.

:wtg:

So then it can be said, you would rather have 1 or 2 weeks of 4 PED than 4 weeks of real happy hunters and temporarily stunt dividends. I'll give you that if it is because of alts, then that's an issue. But, if you're bitching about people selling stars and getting ammo under the legit parameters of the gamr, even if it is at your and calypso's expense when you've been getting 50 weeks of very consistent returns.. well you're the type of investor that everyone hates and one this game doesn't needed.

Its about alts and the activities surrounding those alts.

I don't care what people did through the course of legitimate pursuit within the guidelines of the rules. (Hence why I'm not listening to posts that point out legitimate functions. I'm wholly aware of those functions, and so the posts highlighting them are superfluous and not my concern.)

It's easy enough to do the following:

Track the creation and utilization of alts down to IP's within this time frame.

Track users who purchased or used stars to see if they received these stars from flagged alts, and in what quantity vs quanitity obtained through legitimate use of the system, including purchased from other players who legitimately used the system. Basically, how much did they benefit from alts and their activities?

Decide what is or is not acceptable for those users, and roll back or pursue other means.

It boils down to this:

This years Mayhem was from a financial standpoint a complete failure. I'm not bitching about poor returns. Even if a full refund were given, that refund would ultimately equal almost nothing because Calypso made nothing. People did not have to deposit to play like they normally would. Whoever came up with this scheme should likely go back to working in Support.

So there would be almost no returns on this years Mayhem due to poor planning.

Since Mayhem is about providing a fun event that brings in more revenue, to have an event bring in less revenue than even a normal week (which this Mayhem did, with or without the cheaters), its pretty safe to conclude that this Mayhem was a dismal failure and future Mayhem events should not utilize this model.

However, to have players involved who actively seek to undermine the system, that's not a poor planning issue. That's a community issue. It needs to be resolved, and not rewarded.

Last edited:
Its about alts and the activities surrounding those alts.
However, to have players involved who actively seek to undermine the system, that's not a poor planning issue. That's a community issue. It needs to be resolved, and not rewarded.

This is what we don't know and even if existed such issue MA will newer explain it to us.

Beating on exploiters/alts formula discussion will not save us form "good" system, "good" event design or any other form of massive give away of high TT values in ammo.
Just look at this point top rewards in MM were some items with value of 70 peds for example mayhem fap - is another thing that it has MU but MA paid only 70 peds for top reward.
This year every participant got multiplier of top reward just with ammo bonuses.

Reading many other threads about this year issue i got impression that some players are inclined to mix basic with exploit/alt theme because they are good politicians and have higher goals apart cld revenue that normal players cant know or ppl got paid for mass manipulation lol.

This is what we do know at least until MA explain it in another way:

This years Mayhem was from a financial standpoint a complete failure. I'm not bitching about poor returns. Even if a full refund were given, that refund would ultimately equal almost nothing because Calypso made nothing. People did not have to deposit to play like they normally would. Whoever came up with this scheme should likely go back to working in Support.

So there would be almost no returns on this years Mayhem due to poor planning.

Since Mayhem is about providing a fun event that brings in more revenue, to have an event bring in less revenue than even a normal week (which this Mayhem did, with or without the cheaters), its pretty safe to conclude that this Mayhem was a dismal failure and future Mayhem events should not utilize this model.

It raise another question.
Do an event designed to not provide expected income (we can name it as looses) cause MA to loose in same way as PP and CLD owners do?

I swear these threads get posted every month it seems... All eventually dying out and nothing being done..

Honestly does anyone think MA is going to ban a decent chunk of the playerbase? Even temporarily?

We have rules, an EULA, and yet exploiters/cheaters are never punished. Why? Punishing players hurts MA's revenue too greatly to ever do anything serious about it other than offer some vague explanation and half-assed apology, never to be discussed again.

The solution is that there is no solution.. The only players to benefit are those who exploit, so if you can't beat them join them right? Happy exploiting!

prety easy to see were the money went how many active players 500 to 1000 X2500 in amo did nothing wrong in buying the ffa point it was alowed i didnt i didnt want to depo 1000 to 1500 ped to get 2500 in amo rugular player probly did

and for the exploit if it was fis a few week ago why this week the cld payout was low

answer

poeple cash in there 10k points

ma is the problem even if you ban ma for a few month give will still run it like this for almost a decaid

I own over 1000 CLD. I'm taking this fuck up rather seriously.

Magyar, if you bought your CLDs years ago, then I want to say: Congratulations on a fantastic investment, your CLDs are worth much more now then what you paid for them and you made great ROI on them all the while, well done!

Please correct me if I'm wrong but the reason you created this thread and the reason you continue to post is an effort to put some pressure on MA so that they see that if they make stupid mistakes like this there will be consequences (players won't stand idly by anymore) and also so that any serious exploit doesn't go unpunished, am I right?

I feel very much the same way. I don't own as many CLDs that you do but I have over 100 and so I feel somewhat screwed out of about $100 USD this Christmas. But please let me share my story with you and why perhaps I'm taking a slightly different approach:

2011 was a good year for me and I decided to invest. I wanted to diversify and not put all my money in the same place so I made some unusual investments that year: I bought 100 Teak trees in Costa Rica with a friend for $9,000 USD, I bought about $30,000 CDN worth of stocks and I also deposited $11,000 USD in Entropia and bought 100 CLDs. Approximately 5 years later, here's where we stand:

1. The Teak tree growing farm in Costa Rica went belly up and I never saw a dime of that money.
2. The high-risk stocks that I bought for $30,000 are now worth less than $5,000
3. My 100 CLDs generated me about $7,000 in "dividends" over the years and are now worth ~160% of what I paid for them initially.

While I do agree with you that it is very frustrating to see MA squander a perfectly good Christmas season worth of revenue for Calypso Land Deed holders, I think you are forgetting the big picture (or maybe you aren't, but I've read every word of every post in this thread thus far and it sure sounds like it). The big picture is this:

Despite the fact that these CLDs originally came without any promises:
1. The ROI has been good
2. The CLDs themselves have increased tremendously in value
3. You can still sell them and get your money + profits out

I really don't think MA is going to necessarily act based on what a few people are saying in the forums, it is more likely that they would do something based on actions from the player base as opposed to words, like if there was an increase in withdrawals for example due to many investors selling and cashing out.

I for one am not there yet, I really want to see these land plots developed. In the meantime, I have submitted a support case asking for more information on what just happened and if you haven't done so yet, I strongly recommend that you do the same.

As for exploiters, I think most of us realize by now that the most we can hope for is that MA will investigate those that created several alts during the MM and "take back" the Universal Ammo in those alts or delete the alts altogether.

Best of luck,
Inherent M. Legend
-----
Full disclosure: I did not take part in the Merry Mayhem, I did not buy/trade any points or "stars". I did not profit from it in any way nor do I have any alts. But knowing what I know now, I kind of wish that I had because it sounds like the Universal Ammo was a great reward and I sure could have used the 500 PED saving, even if only 1 time.

Last edited:
Honestly does anyone think MA is going to ban a decent chunk of the playerbase? Even temporarily?

Only if it costs MA money.

If it can be arranged that only players lose money then only really serious exploiters may get a temp ban, and only if they can prove it with same IP or something really blatant such as trade history.

Something went seriously wrong with this years MM, but most years have had problems of one sort or another (the whole reason they are instanced now is because of mob herding and unsporting conduct to try and make it fairer with less cheating)

Let's see what next year brings.

I dont know why i want to post this but i just do.

Everything got devaluated (markup) in past year and seems MA is introducing more changes that do the same.
This could serously devalue CLDs if more and more events use the same system. Im not saying it wil and i got no proof of that but kind of goes hand in hand with what ive seen so far.

I mean they reactivated the rewards so i guess they dont see anything wrong with it, but as a result CLDs mu is crashing. Call me crazy or what ever i just got this hunch.

what if there was another exploit at the time of MM?

I was wandering but if UA are not tradable why should player create an alt store money in it that cant be trade to they're main char?

Magyar, if you bought your CLDs years ago, then I want to say: Congratulations on a fantastic investment, your CLDs are worth much more now then what you paid for them and you made great ROI on them all the while, well done!

Please correct me if I'm wrong but the reason you created this thread and the reason you continue to post is an effort to put some pressure on MA so that they see that if they make stupid mistakes like this there will be consequences (players won't stand idly by anymore) and also so that any serious exploit doesn't go unpunished, am I right?

I feel very much the same way. I don't own as many CLDs that you do but I have over 100 and so I feel somewhat screwed out of about $100 USD this Christmas. But please let me share my story with you and why perhaps I'm taking a slightly different approach:

2011 was a good year for me and I decided to invest. I wanted to diversify and not put all my money in the same place so I made some unusual investments that year: I bought 100 Teak trees in Costa Rica with a friend for $9,000 USD, I bought about $30,000 CDN worth of stocks and I also deposited $11,000 USD in Entropia and bought 100 CLDs. Approximately 5 years later, here's where we stand:

1. The Teak tree growing farm in Costa Rica went belly up and I never saw a dime of that money.
2. The high-risk stocks that I bought for $30,000 are now worth less than $5,000
3. My 100 CLDs generated me about $7,000 in "dividends" over the years and are now worth ~180% of what I paid for them initially.

While I do agree with you that it is very frustrating to see MA squander a perfectly good Christmas season worth of revenue for Calypso Land Deed holders, I think you are forgetting the big picture (or maybe you aren't, but I've read every word of every post in this thread thus far and it sure sounds like it). The big picture is this:

Despite the fact that these CLDs originally came without any promises:
1. The ROI has been good
2. The CLDs themselves have increased tremendously in value
3. You can still sell them and get your money + profits out

I really don't think MA is going to necessarily act based on what a few people are saying in the forums, it is more likely that they would do something based on actions from the player base as opposed to words, like if there was an increase in withdrawals for example due to many investors selling and cashing out.

I for one am not there yet, I really want to see these land plots developed. In the meantime, I have submitted a support case asking for more information on what just happened and if you haven't done so yet, I strongly recommend that you do the same.

As for exploiters, I think most of us realize by now that the most we can hope for is that MA will investigate those that created several alts during the MM and "take back" the Universal Ammo in those alts or delete the alts altogether.

Best of luck,
Inherent M. Legend
-----
Full disclosure: I did not take part in the Merry Mayhem, I did not buy/trade any points or "stars". I did not profit from it in any way nor do I have any alts. But knowing what I know now, I kind of wish that I had because it sounds like the Universal Ammo was a great reward and I sure could have used the 500 PED saving, even if only 1 time.

+rep for your story !

This, but with more tolerance for experimental events and momentary loss of capital if the business feels such an event is in their interest.

See, the way I see it is the failure of Merry Mayhem 1 year is not a bad thing, if it helps the business get a handle on what drives their consumers so that they can use that knowledge later on to make more money. Repeating a failed endeavor though, without modification or refinement would not please me.

For me this is purely about the fact that individuals seem to have exploited a loophole in the system, and may in fact be rewarded for doing so.

That can't be allowed to happen. People cannot be allowed to exploit the system and undermine the economy, and the developers cannot support such actions by passing out rewards and sweeping such events under the rug, so to speak.

It't not about momentary greed. As you've made clear, and as I've said before, I've already made my EU investment back and then some. And were I to sell out, I'd make even more. Merry Mayhem from a financial standpoint to me isnt exactly earth shattering. But what is done after this specific series of events will have far reaching consequences for this platform. I'd like those consequences to be good, and not bad for business.

ooooooOOOOOoooooOOOOOoooo
:D
It this whole thread non-sense?

There was a bug, very exploitable introduced in the beginning of December, with no "barrier to entry" (didn't have to buy a L13 amp, didn't have to have special equipment, noobs could do it: no skills needed, etc.)
And ya it was related to UA, but not MM.

This, but with more tolerance for experimental events and momentary loss of capital if the business feels such an event is in their interest.

For me this is purely about the fact that individuals seem to have exploited a loophole in the system, and may in fact be rewarded for doing so.
For me, the two bits I have quoted from you are two different matters, with an order of magnitude separation or more even.
I believe that any exploiting is likely to have made up well under 10% of the volume of the situation we had. Sure, punish exploiters and I can support your call for that.

What others are arguing, however, is that the no payout and the 2 pec payouts were overwhelmingly due to the "experimental" nature of the event structure, which has thrown up much longer term issues such as conflicts of interest at MA/Caly PP and even intentional torpedoing of CLD payouts!
There have even been suggestions that MA wanted to find a way to help Arkadia sell its remaining AUDs fast, so that ComPet deeds can be the 'fresh seller' soon, or that MA wants to buy back CLDs soon at a lower price etc etc.

I also have tolerance for experimental events aimed at higher success, player satisfaction and the like, but not if it is dodgy to the extreme.

As such, I think that most players believe that exploiters have had very little to do with the situation, and MA/caly PP almost everything, whether through a big mistake or even by design.
So yes, I support your call, but do you accept our appraisals too?

For me, the two bits I have quoted from you are two different matters, with an order of magnitude separation or more even.
I believe that any exploiting is likely to have made up well under 10% of the volume of the situation we had. Sure, punish exploiters and I can support your call for that.

They are, I mention them in order to highlight the difference. I dont believe the entire crowd exploited. However I believe that many people who bought stars may have purchase them from folks who were illegally obtaining them. A few people can have a rather large effect. A brief examination of the history of item duping in other MMO's can tell you that. A handful of dupers can, with enough determination, undermine an entire economy. My estimation of the volume is therefore higher than yours, although MA absolutely contributed with the core design of this plan not meeting one the primary objective of any business: to make money. Giving money away for free is not what businesses do. It's what governments do.

What others are arguing, however, is that the no payout and the 2 pec payouts were overwhelmingly due to the "experimental" nature of the event structure, which has thrown up much longer term issues such as conflicts of interest at MA/Caly PP and even intentional torpedoing of CLD payouts!
There have even been suggestions that MA wanted to find a way to help Arkadia sell its remaining AUDs fast, so that ComPet deeds can be the 'fresh seller' soon, or that MA wants to buy back CLDs soon at a lower price etc etc.

Yeah, this is rubbish. I'm not going to buy into that tin foil hat nonsense nor be a party to it. Right there with you.

the way I see it is the failure of Merry Mayhem 1 year is not a bad thing, if it helps the business get a handle on what drives their consumers so that they can use that knowledge later on to make more money.
We players can't tell if it was entirely intentional or not, could be little this and little that. What we can tell, however, is that the result, the actual "experiment" was truly unique in the whole EU history.

I tend to keep an eye on players who are in my proximity, who they are, what's their approx skill level, hunting style and how successful they are (as much as u can tell by looking at the frequency and size of their globals/HoFs).
I could see 3 big groups: all the usual high rollers, lower/medium level players cheerfully hunting way above their level and the 3rd group is the reason why i call it truly unique - old returning players whom I haven't seen ingame for many years. Several guys at more or less medium skill levels, shooting spiders with big old-school rifles (e.g. ML). "Time travelers" from the pre-SIB era...

It's amazing how fast the word of mouth can spread.

Not hard to imagine what would the game look like if this experiment would have lasted not just for a few weeks but several months. Not sustainable for the current economy ofc but still thought-provoking on so many levels... :cool:

This was posted somewhere else, but it belongs here because stfu CLD people!

I want to add that all CLD holders had a chance to get that ammo, and buying it at 11 or 12 pec per point was very easy in the first few weeks. You had a profit of 1300-1400 ped at very little effort to you if you were smart and bought it...so unless you had over 350 CLD, you need to shut up. UNLESS YOU WANT TO GIVE BACK ALL YOUR UA AMMO. No? I thought so.

Some had over 350 CLD maybe? Well whoever they are probably did lose out, even if they got the ammo...but they probably don't even play the game anymore, so no one cares.

In the end, I hope that this happens more often. The less a PP makes, the more fair all of our loot was.

Caly was making way too much already for this game to survive if you looked at the CLD payouts. And now with assets diverted for other games, their cost to run caly should be cheaper. MA needs to start lowering the revenue and give us players and cyclers 5% better loot!

Haha. It is WAY MORE important to maintain the current cycling players than the passive investors! Sorry to burst your bubble, passive CLD crybabies. They already got your money. AND you got paid back...whatever happens now, that's on you.

Now back on topic, I would still love a list of names of who were the twats that exploited this, but I know they won't do it. However, in no event should anything ever be paid back to CLD holders. They accepted the risk. Life isn't always Candyland. Walk it off, tough guys...you bought ownership in a fucking business! Sometimes shit happens in business.

This was posted somewhere else, but it belongs here because stfu CLD people!

I want to add that all CLD holders had a chance to get that ammo, and buying it at 11 or 12 pec per point was very easy in the first few weeks. You had a profit of 1300-1400 ped at very little effort to you if you were smart and bought it...so unless you had over 350 CLD, you need to shut up. UNLESS YOU WANT TO GIVE BACK ALL YOUR UA AMMO. No? I thought so.

Some had over 350 CLD maybe? Well whoever they are probably did lose out, even if they got the ammo...but they probably don't even play the game anymore, so no one cares.

In the end, I hope that this happens more often. The less a PP makes, the more fair all of our loot was.

Caly was making way too much already for this game to survive if you looked at the CLD payouts. And now with assets diverted for other games, their cost to run caly should be cheaper. MA needs to start lowering the revenue and give us players and cyclers 5% better loot!

Haha. It is WAY MORE important to maintain the current cycling players than the passive investors! Sorry to burst your bubble, passive CLD crybabies. They already got your money. AND you got paid back...whatever happens now, that's on you.

Now back on topic, I would still love a list of names of who were the twats that exploited this, but I know they won't do it. However, in no event should anything ever be paid back to CLD holders. They accepted the risk. Life isn't always Candyland. Walk it off, tough guys...you bought ownership in a fucking business! Sometimes shit happens in business.

If you are happily playing i guess you must thanks "passive" investors instead of blaming them. And again you did not understand a .... of what is the debate so read all before using your fingers to type.

The problem is not how this event affected cld revenue the problem is that ppc screwed up and made us one against each other only because the didnt gave and are not giving (at this time i guess on purpose) any information about exploiters or that the event was generous in order to attract old inactive players (not new ones because new ones were not able to do it at all) or just to give a better christmas to skilled hunters.

The fact we are in dark is the reason of the decreased cld value and cant be because ma wants to buy them back because it will never happen unless they do an event like this every month they will never go to a lower value than 1k each

so to reassume, the revenue could be sacrificed by players if ma communicate it b4 but the cld value its a piss off to all eu investors active and not. Also may be done on purpose according to all the people who bought aud from shop and sold them to buy stars to get half price ammo.

Back