Killing Noobs at Sweating Circle

Oops you got it backwards in your reading. The sweaters are giving the PKers the valuable skills and is why they are 'attacking' the sweaters who are mostly afking it and why as well they are being attacked in the PvP area. But at the end the key is PvP. PvP sucks yes but well if the sweaters want to go into the PvP area then they are open game for pkers to skill off of. End of subject.

But then again you are right, forgot about the sweaters. The PKers are giving the sweaters free skills as well. So with that in mind I'm not sure what the issue is here. They should be thanking them for that skill.

But no. The issue is that the sweaters are afking and are getting pissed off finding themselves at the revive all the time when checking the PC.
The issue also includes a handful of individuals (not sure I'm allowed to name names in this forum) who just harass the sweat circle over and over just to have a target. Often this behavior corresponds to reluctance on the shooter's part to show his face where any more-capable pk might be present. When attacked by anyone their size, they leave.

I would love to see an "honor" system implemented in which some sort of points reflecting merit in pvp are given to the pk at each kill. Such a system in other games hands out different quantity of points based on relative difficulty of the target killed. Factors in such a system in Entropia would include avatar skill, gear, and kill ratio (how often that avatar kills versus is killed, both in pvp of course). In such a system, sweaters would be "Honorless Targets" providing the killer with no points. This would not affect use of pvp to enforce conventions in a sweat circle, but would give certain wankers less of a reward for attacking sweat circles, and reduce the total amount of attacks sweat circles would experience. Not only that; it would also make some form of "Noob PvP" possible in Entropia by rewarding pk's for picking on people their own size and/or pvpness.

Last edited:
Reactions: DoA
In such a system, sweaters would be "Honorless Targets" providing the killer with no points.
Sounds like you are wanting to introduce "character classes" of sorts... Entropia's big selling point is that those don't exist. Today you can be a miner, tomorrow a sweater, the next day a crafter... The system doesn't differentiate, so the hypothetical system you suggest would be very difficult to implement. (i.e. there's a hell of a lot of other things developers should be working on first)

I was there on one of the sprees, no biggy to be honest. They got their amount, logged and got swirls; i got some dodge and few people were pissed.

Anyone would think had been for hours, was maybe 5 minutes max lol.

I know it disrupts the sweat circle, but i find it kinda fun tbh.
The quick and tidy sprees aren't a problem imo.
Not everyone is quick nor tidy.
This is about the rotten few who keep at it for any old amount of time, spree or no, until someone bigger shows up.

Sounds like you are wanting to introduce "character classes" of sorts... Entropia's big selling point is that those don't exist. Today you can be a miner, tomorrow a sweater, the next day a crafter... The system doesn't differentiate, so the hypothetical system you suggest would be very difficult to implement. (i.e. there's a hell of a lot of other things developers should be working on first)
Not classes. Classes in RPGs are horizontal distinctions, unlike the vertical classes found in real world sports. This is a way to pit contestants against fitting opponents worth their time.

Here in Entropia we're all Human Hunters specialized into First Aid, and so it shall remain. Good thing we have fun toys to add spice to it.

Last edited:
Omg ppl got killed in a pvp zone????? what horror!!!

Irony may be used here :p

There are some other games where Karma work a lot better as here in space.
Hard to compare but just for example.
You cant choose or not to enter in pvp because all is pvp except towns.
Clans or societies can kill opponents of another clan on sight if they have previously declared war and war was accepted. They can do it also without war declaration in battle for town and land few times in a year on event time.
Reason to fight for town and land is to have taxes on all hunting grounds and access to special npc's with special resources and buffs.
For the rest one can ask for duel and if accepted he can kill without consequences.
But if someone kill without consensus he get negative karma.
Death have consequences - one loose level, some skills and HP so is not like sweater who loose just time.
There is rule or game mechanic that pker cant kill someone 20 levels lower than him so pking happen around same level of players and same level of hunting areas .
This happen a lot on daily bases because players fight for better hunting spot or to be able to raid a boss mob.
Its possible to get rid of karma by hunting a lot and doing a quest witch eat all gained skills.
Karma represent punishment and is displayed over player name in visible red color.
Helping like healing or buffing an player with negative karma is dangerous because helper become red too for short time.
Anyone can kill him without getting negative karma.
For each kill player get more karma.
After first kill - pker cant go in town and shops.
After few more kills player run slower, shoot slower do less damage and have less protection abilities.
After 10 kills possibility that he drop one or more parts of his gear or weapon upon death increase drastically.
So if not for other he will be hunted because there is big possibility to get his weapon or his armor.
Same happen if he die killed by mob. Dropped equipment part anyone can pick up.
Yes, he may be protected by his clan until he get rid of negative karma but that is wery long, slow and tedious job.

Would be interesting to see our pirates risking to loose their UL quads and loot just because of too much karma.

ppl got killed in a pvp zone, where is the problem? That's part of the game ..

Haberger_hakt_nach_g%C3%A4hnen_foto_thinkstock_01.crop.8613_15584.jpg

You seem to have missed a lot of the issues - that pic you posted does you justice.
Now go back to sleep & come back when you are rested & your brain is fully awake.

I have this dislike of pk'ers. However, there was one I met at RC. I turned up there looking to join a sweat circle, and these two turned up shortly after - well you can tell them, in full armour + gun, running around. You know suss looking types.

There were very few people at RC for some reason so I got talking to one & had a well, pleasent conversation. When his mate shot some unfortunate player running to look for something to sweat - I commented something like "pker huh, the reply - yes he is a bad person.

That bad person started shooting at me - I was just outside the red area (like I would be in it with pkers), and I thought, well why not - there he is killing at a distance, I am sort of OK light melee, lets have him up close & personal.

So we had a series of duels - with predictable results - but, I reckon I gave him a run for his money, and even killed him once (& me without armour - though I reckon he just let me win that one for my dignities sake)

At the end we parted on a cordial note - he offered me 5ped for my time, & I took it even though I was not sweating.
So what was different - his approach; no "har har stupid noob", or treating players like a mob so they can play THEIR game without consideration of who they are interacting with. Courtesy & a pleasant manner make all the difference

So I have a different point of view now - re some pkers at least :) He is a top player - I wont give his name thou in case all players he kills demand 5 peds :)

You seem to have missed a lot of the issues - that pic you posted does you justice.
Now go back to sleep & come back when you are rested & your brain is fully awake.

I have this dislike of pk'ers. However, there was one I met at RC. I turned up there looking to join a sweat circle, and these two turned up shortly after - well you can tell them, in full armour + gun, running around. You know suss looking types.

There were very few people at RC for some reason so I got talking to one & had a well, pleasent conversation. When his mate shot some unfortunate player running to look for something to sweat - I commented something like "pker huh, the reply - yes he is a bad person.

That bad person started shooting at me - I was just outside the red area (like I would be in it with pkers), and I thought, well why not - there he is killing at a distance, I am sort of OK light melee, lets have him up close & personal.

So we had a series of duels - with predictable results - but, I reckon I gave him a run for his money, and even killed him once (& me without armour - though I reckon he just let me win that one for my dignities sake)

At the end we parted on a cordial note - he offered me 5ped for my time, & I took it even though I was not sweating.
So what was different - his approach; no "har har stupid noob", or treating players like a mob so they can play THEIR game without consideration of who they are interacting with. Courtesy & a pleasant manner make all the difference

So I have a different point of view now - re some pkers at least :) He is a top player - I wont give his name thou in case all players he kills demand 5 peds :)

:bs:

Once again your post doesn't offer anything. Just ruble

ruble?; roubles - I don't know how many roubles to the ped Golddude. I am sure you would know the price of everything thou
I am sorry that I cannot be a worthy person like you - I will just have 2 suck it up I suppose

The pic you are showing its a bit blurry, is the first letter a B or a W? and very faintly are the last letters E & R?

So what is different?
He is good and in particular smart customer.
He offered you 5 ped for the service.

I tried to approach possible customers with similar business model but without luck.
I offered to all those with desperate sick urgent needs to kill someone in space that they can do it by killing me all day in ring as long as they pay for each kill in advance.
But they prefer to wait in space doing nothing and dying of boredom for a weeks in hope that some victim ofc without any loot finally cross their space area.

Last edited:
You could say he is a particularly smart customer & played me like a flute.
On the basis of catching flies with honey not vinegar.
Or, you could say he acted with courtesy & manners. He had a sense of humour.
There was no business model - he offered me the 5 ped after everything, as we were leaving, & out of the blue.

ruble?; roubles - I don't know how many roubles to the ped Golddude. I am sure you would know the price of everything thou
I am sorry that I cannot be a worthy person like you - I will just have 2 suck it up I suppose

The pic you are showing its a bit blurry, is the first letter a B or a W? and very faintly are the last letters E & R?

No idea what you are talking about. Please make more sense

I am sorry, I cannot dumb it down enough for you :(

You could say he is a particularly smart customer & played me like a flute.
On the basis of catching flies with honey not vinegar.
Or, you could say he acted with courtesy & manners. He had a sense of humour.
There was no business model - he offered me the 5 ped after everything, as we were leaving, & out of the blue.

You dont get it or? You are in the PVP Zone, nobody cares about you. In the PVP Zone game works that other people can kill you, you dont want it? Go not in the PVP Zone...

People are not Good or Bad, this is only a Game and people use the Game-Mechaniks to play the Game. This guy has offerd you paying 5 PED and you can do waht you want, you dont want pay him, so he makes his work and let you not playing this game in the PVP Zone like you want..thats it..

You search a game for children, that you can call the support and say ..mimimi he has kill me pls help..go to World of Warcraft or a oher game.

In Eve Universe its everytime like this..people protect and save the area, you want go into you must pay a littelbit...

The violence was consensual - I was not complaining, I was merely outclassed.
He paid me 5 ped for my trouble - I did not ask him for it or even expect it.
It was a courteous action on his part, it was the courtesy I appreciated no the ped.

Well, he obviously cared about me so you are wrong there aren't you! and nobody was using any Game Mechanics, it was a straight out conflict.

I only made the post because here was a Pker, who as a class I do not like, who proved my preconceptions wrong.

Good on him :)

Back