BIG Video Competiton 2016

Meculus

Elite
Blastoise Meculus Yarlboro
fI2BNzX.png

So... something BIG is coming again, and BIG Industries would like to see some of you who are talented in video development have the opportunity to shine :D

BIG Industries will be offering a 2,000 PED contract to create a promotional video for our next BIG event.

So here's the deal:

Create a video promoting the aspects of the Entropia Universe that you like most.

Requirements:

• Minimum 30 seconds long
  • Allows viewer to see what your favorite part of EU is like to experience
  • Upload to YouTube for direct linking in this thread
  • All videos must be completed, and submitted in this thread by February 1st 2016.

BIG will make a decision as to who has won the contract by February 7th 2016.

The Contract:

2000 PED will be paid to the winner of this contest once they have completed a 1-2 minute long promotional video for BIG Industries next BIG event. If the winner of this competition defaaults or is unable to create the promotional video within two weeks from the winning announcement (Feb 21) then a runner up will be awarded the contract.

We look forward to seeing what you have to offer, HERE's the thread from our $10K Supernova event including the winning video from this competiton for a bit of fun :)

Last edited:
reserved....

Just to be clear, the winner of this contest wins not 2000 ped, but rather wins the paid job of 2000 ped making another video for you?

Can't wait to see some video's though! Maybe make some runner up prizes so it's a real competition rather then an unpaid internship with a chance for paid work kinda thing to encourage more people to enter.

Sure you didnt ment 20k peds?
An 2 minute good edited video can easy be over 200 hours work.

The last time we ran this contest, the prize was 500 PED, figured we would up the game a bit. Yes, the winner gets the contract to make the promotional video. I figured it would be more fun to have participants make something of their own experience to start.

No comment on alternate prizes? No offense, I really want to see this event go well, I really want to see these videos. But you have to be really umm, whats a polite word... really... really... uhh... lets just say hopeful... yea that's not too offensive. Anyways you gotta be really 'hopeful' to even think people will participate in this event with anything other then half assed garbage.

The prize is SHIT, because it isn't a prize.
Whoever puts a lot of work into this video, wins the right to work for you, for an underpaid job.

If you can't see how/why you won't get any decent videos then I am sorry, carry on. But realistically, no one is going to put more then maybe 4 hours into the video, and it will look like trash.

Seriously though, please don't take this post the wrong way. This is all constructive criticism. I really like the idea of this event and can't wait to see some new generic promotional videos for entropia like before when they had the terminator event.

No comment on alternate prizes? No offense, I really want to see this event go well, I really want to see these videos. But you have to be really umm, whats a polite word... really... really... uhh... lets just say hopeful... yea that's not too offensive. Anyways you gotta be really 'hopeful' to even think people will participate in this event with anything other then half assed garbage.

Whoever puts a lot of work into this video, wins the right to work for you, for an underpaid job.

If you can't see how/why you won't get any decent videos then I am sorry, carry on. But realistically, no one is going to put more then maybe 4 hours into the video, and it will look like trash.

Seriously though, please don't take this post the wrong way. This is all constructive criticism. I really like the idea of this event and can't wait to see some new generic promotional videos for entropia like before when they had the terminator event.

Thanks for your constructive criticism :)

Sure you didnt ment 20k peds?
An 2 minute good edited video can easy be over 200 hours work.

I would agree that a good commercial quality video can be that much absolutely, this is more of a "for fun" approach, the video will just be for forum users and the event thread anyhow. Not all the events BIG does can be just hunting afterall :D

Looking forward to seeing some fun videos :)

If you don't like the prize, don't participate.

The guy's putting up his own money, and you're baggin' on him? That's cold, man. Why not go into the game and piss all over any LA holder who does events with lower prizes than you "think" they should offer?

• Someone will participate.
  • Someone will win the prize.
  • He'll get his video.
  • Those folks will both walk away happy in the transaction.

Done.

Very clear why this guy is getting scrubbed from monria. Very toxic.

There is a right way and a tac... er.. wrong way of conveying your opinions.

No one is asking for a super bowl commercial here....and yea johncapital, he has done that already.

If you don't like the prize, don't participate.

The guy's putting up his own money, and you're baggin' on him? That's cold, man. Why not go into the game and piss all over any LA holder who does events with lower prizes than you "think" they should offer?

• Someone will participate.
  • Someone will win the prize.
  • He'll get his video.
  • Those folks will both walk away happy in the transaction.

Done.

I am not baggin' on him, I was giving some advice on how to maybe get more participants and giving my opinion on it. Like I said I still think this event is a great idea and can't wait to see what comes of it. The OP took the post properly and I have even received positive reputation.
I don't plan on participating as I can't edit videos anyways, but that doesn't mean I don't want to see this event go off with much success.

Very clear why this guy is getting scrubbed from monria. Very toxic.

There is a right way and a tac... er.. wrong way of conveying your opinions.

No one is asking for a super bowl commercial here....and yea johncapital, he has done that already.

If anything your response to me was far more negative than my constructive criticism, and did nothing to further this thread. It is simply hateful spam, and it is definitely the wrong way of conveying your opinion about me, as well as the wrong place. Take it to PM if you have an issue or make a thread that is related to the topic of myself or your opinions of my opinions of Monria.

I am willing to donate 2 AUD, one for 3rd, and one for 10th place if we do some kind of public voting on these, to encourage more participants.

Can it be a McCormick style video? one of his newer works I mean :dunce:

Last edited:
Back