#CalySell and #CalyBuy channels created

Timp44

Guardian
I've created #CalySell and #CalyBuy channels in an effort to reduce the wall of text currently in the #CalyTrade channel so hopefully everyone will be able to find what they need easier. Spread the word! :)

I've created #CalySell and #CalyBuy channels in an effort to reduce the wall of text currently in the #CalyTrade channel so hopefully everyone will be able to find what they need easier. Spread the word! :)

Do we really need to have MORE public channels?

I mean i have special tab created just for trading and its already mess there. Few other tabs for planets or smugglers or faping or ... and i am running out of colors...

I just feel like i am loosing control over this and one day i will quit them all and disable default "say" and "trade" also.

I think we are missing "search" option that would solve all the problems (or at least would make browsing those chats easier) ;).

Falagor
:bandit:

Really dont need more channels.

#trade wins.

Idk personally I just thought trade channel was a spam fest of who can do it more/faster. I do like the search feature though but I guess that's what the forums are for :D. I'll be interested to see what people think of the idea.

they should make #trade global like rookie chat, but limit it to 1 entry per 2 minutes. This would reduce spam and give a universal chat for all trade related things.

Idk personally I just thought trade channel was a spam fest of who can do it more/faster. I do like the search feature though but I guess that's what the forums are for :D. I'll be interested to see what people think of the idea.

The very same people who spam the existing channels will be spamming the new extra channels additionally to the existing ones and there will be even more spam going round.
Just watch the trade or planetchannels for awhile and you will see that its the same stuff getting spammed in multiple channels.
The only thing that will stop this is if mindark introduced a 'spam allowance' for each player and charges a fee once a certain number of lines in public channels is reached. Maybe even require players to have a certain activity rating / turnover to write more lines per day (to cut down on the spam 'bots').

The very same people who spam the existing channels will be spamming the new extra channels additionally to the existing ones and there will be even more spam going round.
Just watch the trade or planetchannels for awhile and you will see that its the same stuff getting spammed in multiple channels....

Fully agree with the first half of your post.

I keep a trade tab with local trade, #spacetrade, and the trade channel for my local planet. oh and usually #pirate_trade or whatever that is.

When I do have multiple planet channels active I already see peopple spamming those channels with the same stuff. I, for one, am notinterested in the loot you are currently trying to sell at calypso if I'm hunting on arkadia for instance.

More trade channels, if they get any activity, will result in more spam from those same players (maybe bots) for sure. Also I don't see any need to further fragment the trading chat, for those folks that are "loyal" to one channel.

Use the channel search for the keyword "trade" and you will see that most planets already have a nice, active trade channel with over 1000 users at any given time. Trying to fragment that into general buy and sell channels will only increase the effort and spam for everyone, leaving a greater chance of missing the item you might actually be interested in.

Just my :twocents: of course.

I'm also not interested in more subscription or "premium" features but certain players seem to think it's just the greatest idea ever. Perhaps if the economy in game was doing well, or even basically functional, I would have more interest in that sort of perk.

I'm gonna create #CalySellUselessShitSuperCheap and #CalyBuyAllYourSweatForOnePedPerK, along with 100 others.

But personally will keep using only #trade, as always.

I like the idea of separate buy and sell channels.

I drop into #calytrade every once in a while to see if anyone wants to buy my snablesnot skins, short firn boards or other items I have an excess of. I have no idea of what, if anything, I would want to buy and I don't really have enough to make it worth while advertising for sale. But it's practically a full time job to watch it through all the people wanting to sell rubios, sweat, non-sib BLP pistols and jesters.

So I'll give #calybuy a try and see if the volume is manageable.

I think #trade is great for selling items worth travelling for (high MU, very rare etc.).

Planet specific trade channels for things not so worth travelling for or that you only want to trade locally.

Like that you could use the local planet trade channel(s) you are interested in and the #trade if you look for special stuff.

Making a sell channel and then looking in the buy channel to see if someone happens to be looking for what you sell (or other way around) sounds like a mess to me. Imagine it for every planet even. I don't see the additional value in it...

As for spammers and a-holes just ignore them. 125 on my list so far...

Back