Achievement: Natural Kill Strike on 66 USD

UnaAlconbury

Prowler
Society
Rangers
Una Griph Alconbury
At long last, finally unlocked Kill Strike earlier today! 100% natural on a 66 USD deposit.

Nothing impressive about my speed since starting mid-2007 lol, but due to RL never really grinded super hard for longer periods of time. Been more about shorter spurts, I only broke into EL top 100 monthly hunters around 10 or so separate times, for example. Also switching back and forth between laser (lvl 73 laser dmg) and blp as well as pistols and rifles (H400/P5 > Assassin R150 > Herman ASI TEN) has not helped the pace at all.. :) But here I am finally!

Started playing together with a couple RL friends, intrigued like most others by the possibility of earning real money from playing a video game. I always had a markup oriented approach to the game, enjoying the challenge of getting as far as possible on as little money as possible. The original plan was to try it without depositing at all, but after a couple weeks of sweat gathering back in June 2007, bored to death, I decided I have had enough and put in 66 (random, I know) USD to kick start my hunting. Apart from a recent curiosity-driven 50 strongbox purchase, that is my only deposit to date.

Next up Quickness and 250 HP!

It does show what is possible on a limited outlay f you are prepared to take your time, and probably with the odd bit of luck arriving along the way.

Congratulations!!

:thumbup:

Big gratz on Kill Strike, and the hours and years put in to get it.

You're extremely lucky to have your returns 'dial' set by MA to 'even tt' or even 'tt plus'. For many with returns dials set much lower, $66 wouldn't last a day.

Now that you've posted, lets hope for you MA leave that dial where it is. In fact I reckon you've now booked yourself in an ATH, the game seems to roll like that......so gratz in advance.

Rick

You're extremely lucky to have your returns 'dial' set by MA to 'even tt' or even 'tt plus'. For many with returns dials set much lower, $66 wouldn't last a day.

Now that you've posted, lets hope for you MA leave that dial where it is. In fact I reckon you've now booked yourself in an ATH, the game seems to roll like that......so gratz in advance.

Rick

I think we read different posts. Read again what he said about markup please.

I think we read different posts. Read again what he said about markup please.

I gratz him....and your problem is?

If a player starts a hunt with $66 and come back with $33 tt, I don't think "ANY" mark up will save that player. If hunt 2 is the same scenario, then it's all over for that $66.

Besides I won't allow you to drag me into a debate about it in this thread. I will of course on a personal level be thinking very carefully how generous I am to the game in 2016 after 10 years+.

I wish him well, we would all like to be riding the same speed boat.

Rick

Rick
I gratz him....and your problem is?

If a player starts a hunt with $66 and come back with $33 tt, I don't think "ANY" mark up will save that player. If hunt 2 is the same scenario, then it's all over for that $66.

Besides I won't allow you to drag me into a debate about it in this thread. I will of course on a personal level be thinking very carefully how generous I am to the game in 2016 after 10 years+.

I wish him well, we would all like to be riding the same speed boat.

Rick
I figured a post or two like this would come. I can assure you I am far from getting "tt plus" returns. It's like Minim points out, all about markup. It might have been possible in the early years to tt everything you loot and still come out with a profit longterm, but that was with stuff like imk2 when it was lightyears more eco than the average hunter's setup. I've never been close to that but always tried to stay as high on the eco ladder as possible. H400/P5a when that was king, then Assassin R150 when it had good eco in relation to the rest available stuff for a few years, then Herman ASI TEN. It's all about staying on top of competition, since you can't beat the house.

I was more strict about it before (with a smaller bankroll, I kinda had to), but since I started playing I have spent a lot of time researching where the markup is. I never hunted a mob if it didn't drop good enough markup to be able to profit or break even with my current setup. If I didn't find anything good enough, I took a step back, skilled some lowend melee, mined, or whatever.

I wasn't going to reply at first, simply not everyone understands the extra work needed to put in, and that's fine. Not everyone wants to treat Entropia the same way I do, some just want to blast big stuff for the thrill of a possible ATH, and that's fine. All approaches are fine. I was just a tad bothered about being likened with a speed boat, suggesting some special treatment.

I was more strict about it before (with a smaller bankroll, I kinda had to), .

Well maybe you could enlighten the community how you deposited 660 ped, and with that managed to acquire all the necessary gear required to play close to the uber equipment, "from day one".

At the same time managed to build a bank roll, to avoid the hof curse, that immediately takes that hof away once you managed to get it.

There is much more to the story which you are not letting on too. Those lucky item drops for example, lent equipment from uber friends. Access to a circle of restricted information and knowledge.... the list goes on.

In fact I think your whole thread was posted to invite responses and debate, with no explanation how you did it, or info on those lucky loots maybe. Your post serves to wind up those that pay, and all that does it make players put their credit card firmly back in their wallet, or make people angry.

You want inspire, then provide the full story.

Anyway like I said before, I'm happy for you. May the loot continue to be with you. Although I find it insulting when it's 'implied' that everyone else is basically an idiot. That makes me annoyed and angry.

In fact out of principle, I'll put off another deposit even longer than planned. Because its the ONLY way it would appear to get anything from the game. No deposits so far in 2016, (just skilling pets it's not expensive) lets see how long I can last.

Good day

Rick

First off, big gz on your achievement and i do hope to get there myself this year :laugh:

Well maybe you could enlighten the community how you deposited 660 ped, and with that managed to acquire all the necessary gear required to play close to the uber equipment, "from day one".

At the same time managed to build a bank roll, to avoid the hof curse, that immediately takes that hof away once you managed to get it.

There is much more to the story which you are not letting on too. Those lucky item drops for example, lent equipment from uber friends. Access to a circle of restricted information and knowledge.... the list goes on.

In fact I think your whole thread was posted to invite responses and debate, with no explanation how you did it, or info on those lucky loots maybe. Your post serves to wind up those that pay, and all that does it make players put their credit card firmly back in their wallet, or make people angry.

Anyway like I said before, I'm happy for you. May the loot continue to be with you. Although I find it insulting when it's 'implied' that everyone else is basically an idiot. That makes me annoyed and angry.

In fact out of principle, I'll put off another deposit even longer than planned. Because its the ONLY way it would appear to get anything from the game. No deposits so far in 2016, (just skilling pets it's not expensive) lets see how long I can last.

Good day

Rick

And mostly this is why i kinda stoped participating as activily on some matters on pcf.
This post was mostly about self accomplishment , I didnt read anywhere Una call everyone else an idiot, he just briefly explained what he did over times.

By no means it is easy, that much I can tell you, I played from scratch but instead only last year i did the first depo by buying boxes to try my luck,
The hardest part is no doubt to get started, the more you have, easier to make it grow if you know were to do it.
Second hardest part is, to find something that suits your gameplay and your development style, keeping at the same thing that arent good for you is usually a stubborn and expensive trait.

The game as Una also mentioned is by no means any easier with the passing of the years and it is mostly as he also said, not beat the house, but stay ahead of competition, its more common to see higher lvl players and the competition grown harder.

And at the end... why would he give so many juicy details how he did it :laugh::wise:

First off, big gz on your achievement and i do hope to get there myself this year :laugh:

And mostly this is why i kinda stoped participating as activily on some matters on pcf.
This post was mostly about self accomplishment , I didnt read anywhere Una call everyone else an idiot, he just briefly explained what he did over times.

And at the end... why would he give so many juicy details how he did it :laugh::wise:

$66 depo for full set of amour, weapons, fap, and a bank roll. It's total bull sh*t.

Now if he said I deposited $500 and had unbelievable luck at the start, hitting this or that, then I'd think...yeah well ok it's possible. very small chance....I'd really respect that.

But sorry 660 peds, with no skills or equipment to start with.

To play for all those years and never come across any loot hole to suck up all his peds, doesn't come close to the general reality of EU

I find it insulting otherwise....total bull.

Now....if it is entire true......then like many others, we will be reading it thinking... the system robbed us, we were tagged to be losing players.

My point being the game does then treat individuals in a different way, and maybe that is based upon willingness to pay. That would not surprise me one bit. Can it be changed, or is that marker on your ava locked in for life?

That is the big question.

I don't have problem with his success, I have a problem with how it's presented to the community.

Rick

Good day

Rick
Wow. I absolutely see why a lot of people don't bother with these forums any longer.

Where did I say I used close to uber equipment from day one? I started with Opalo like everyone else did back in the day, then followed the Breer series up until P5a(L). Used that and Korss H400(L) for a long time, up to lvl 50+ if I recall correctly. Then purchased the other 6/7 parts of an Assassin R150 which was looted in a 7 people soc hunt, then traded for ASI TEN. All this is over 8+ years, mind you. Not one night.

Goal with this thread, together with obviously a little pat on back I suppose everyone seeks when posting in the 'Achievements' forum, was to inspire. I think I explained well enough how it was done, for most people to understand. The part about markup and staying ahead of competition that both Minim and now Manique also tried to point out for you. Foundations of a real cash economy, really. It's not a normal video game we are playing.

I also figured the thread would be a nice contrast around here to the smear and bitterness from people throwing shit at the game year in year out. Always blaming, refusing to see themselves as the problem.

My point being the game does then treat individuals in a different way, and maybe that is based upon willingness to pay. That would not surprise me one bit. Can it be changed, or is that marker on your ava locked in for life?

Rick

Only One Answer that it could be:
mmO2nTk.jpg

Ricks rage is understandable, but this is a great achievement. I just think because of his and others bad experiences, they look at a post like this as giving false hope to a lot which could mislead them into thinking we all can have a great experience like yours.

But I feel this is one step in the right direction, now if we can get many more!

Last edited:
$66 depo for full set of amour, weapons, fap, and a bank roll. It's total bull sh*t.

Now if he said I deposited $500 and had unbelievable luck at the start, hitting this or that, then I'd think...yeah well ok it's possible. very small chance....I'd really respect that.

But sorry 660 peds, with no skills or equipment to start with.

To play for all those years and never come across any loot hole to suck up all his peds, doesn't come close to the general reality of EU

I find it insulting otherwise....total bull.

Now....if it is entire true......then like many others, we will be reading it thinking... the system robbed us, we were tagged to be losing players.

That is the big question.

I don't have problem with his success, I have a problem with how it's presented to the community.

Rick

No offense Rick but i believe I outgear Una by a bit and atm got more hp (tho he has more volume of tt in skills to have KS). And i did pull it off, its just not something it comes off nowhere, the start is quite rough that much i can garantee you, but it was the passion and interest for the game that made the challenge worth keeping at
I'd be fine sharing part of my course obviously, but its not that kind of thread here tho is it ? ;)

I think I explained well enough how it was done, for most people to understand. .

At long last, finally unlocked Kill Strike earlier today! 100% natural on a 66 USD deposit.

I always had a markup oriented approach to the game, enjoying the challenge of getting as far as possible on as little money as possible.

I decided I have had enough and put in 66 (random, I know) USD to kick start my hunting.

Next up Quickness and 250 HP!

No you didn't explain very well at all, get typing :)

Rick

Edit: ok I give a little story. I went though this phase of hunting drones at old Jason. When I collected about 500 ped worth of Gazz I sold it at auction for about 127% (back in the day).

I tried to hold off as long as possible selling that gazz, becsue the system used to have this magical correction going on. In the fact the bigger the stack of gazz you could collect before sale, the greater the correction after sale.

It was unbelievably obvious. Sure you could last longer with the markup, but ONLY if you could try and beat the system so it paid you oout in loot before you sold the gazz.

That timing was a very hard game to play, but the system got you in the end eventually.

So please.....lets not insult peoples intelligence.

thank you

Rick

Last edited:
No you didn't explain very well at all, get typing :)

Rick

Come on Rick it's not rocket science. Una hunted/hunts mob that drop more markup then the tt he loses.

I just made about 4k profit in merry mayhem thanks to the rewards and output amps.
If you go hunt caperon for the next month you'll end up with a profit too. It will be boring as hell, but you will profit.

With any profit you make you can slowly acquire better equipment.

Edit: And if you just start out you can just go to RT for the gears and make a profit easily too.

Huge Gz :yay: .. Nicely done man :)

P.s :
Is it possible to get there with 660 peds. Big Yes
Can all do it ? Dont think so.
Should you make that info public?. Not wise :D

Huge Gz :yay: .. Nicely done man :)

P.s :
Is it possible to get there with 660 peds. Big Yes
Can all do it ? Dont think so.
Should you make that info public?. Not wise :D
Haha :) Oh well, a little grain of forum warriors never killed nobody. ;)

And thanks!

Back