PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Traders ...

Traders ...

What are theses people bringing to the universe ?

In the past it was somewhat ok, as trading covered only a part of auction, now it s up to 95% +
    small quantity or big quantity, it is all "re seller" ...

Imo there should be some kind of "trading license" to trade more than x items a day, auction fee isn't fulfilling its role anymore, can't buy or sell anything because they are keeping the market in their interest , day after day .
    I mean some people don't even take part in the game, just reselling, i call it parasite. (yes!)

Why should we pay for theses people ? any good reason ?
    Markup is not based on anything but traders , and that suk ,

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Dave Ace Flyster
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tribal556 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Seriously?

I could go on, but i havent the energy and will let someone else explain.

Rgds

Ace
    2nd published novel: 'The Shadow Grounds'
    1st published novel: 'The Eyes of the Devil'
    Book 3 - Working Title 'The Meeting of Worlds' - 25%
    Book 4 - Sci-Fi Book - No title yet - 10%

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mutant Atrax Stalker
    Society
    Guess Who Academy
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tribal556 View Post

In the past it was somewhat ok, as trading covered only a part of auction, now it s up to 95% +
    small quantity or big quantity, it is all "re seller" ...

Imo there should be some kind of "trading license" to trade more than x items a day, auction fee isn't fulfilling its role anymore, can't buy or sell anything because they are keeping the market in their interest , day after day .
    I mean some people don't even take part in the game, just reselling, i call it parasite. (yes!)

Why should we pay for theses people ? any good reason ?
    Markup is not based on anything but traders , and that suk ,
    There are really two clear cut trader roles in EU.

I get so angry when the same avatar again snipes something off of auction and marks it up to "old school" markup when I want to use it and someone is selling it cheap.

5 years of playing and there is at least one player that has taken so many items I wanted in the last moments of an auction only to turn it around and resell it for huge profit even if it means paying auction fees for a month before it sells.

But the ones that I do consider actual "traders" are the ones that buy all the small stacks of loot in PVP trades and move them to auction.

I'm not sure what your play style is but I still sell some loot to them because I don't cycle enough peds to always auction whole stacks. I frequently hear new players or occasional players looking for a trader to try and recover some markup on loot items they will never have enough of to auction.

As long as you see them doing it, you know there is a place for it. Even the hardcore auction flipping that everyone hates and is mostly done with alts so that the ones profiting are able to play on a main avatar that isn't hated by everyone who recognizes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Flyster View Post
    Seriously?

I could go on, but i havent the energy and will let someone else explain.

Rgds

Ace
    Yeah, slept 5 hours for a turnaround shift and got to work cold and early this morning, only to find out that the manager changed my schedule mid-week.

Now I'm back home, wired up on coffee, and don't work for another 4 hours.

I guess I have some energy to spare

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Zweshi Xavier Maccoy
    Society
    Global Alliance
    Images
    Hating resellers makes about the same amount of sense as hating the supermarket for selling eggs produced by your local farmer.... have you ever been to the farmer to buy eggs directly? no you have not and neither have i so why the hell would either of us complain about it.

The reason and need of traders are the same as a distributer in real life, division of labour and in the case of Entropia, so that hunters, miners and crafters can do just that instead of spending hours slaving over boring math and take there product to market.

Additionally traders acts as a release valve for both sellers an buyers, if you were selling a Imk2 chances are you want it sold quickly but fact is such a expensive item sells slowly by virtue of its cost. So you have two options either stick it out for 2-3months and get your desire price or sell instantly for a bit cheaper.
    Most people prefer the cheap and quick option and the trader fills that gap, its a service, and for that service there is a price to suggest otherwise would just be rude since he is in essence holding your item for an additional 2months when he has no need for it himself.
    The release valve works the same way with Ores, enmatters etc. providing a more steady supply then would be possible if everyone posted auctions on there own.

In short, if you want to buy your eggs from the farmer great but that dosnt mean other people dosnt prefer the supermarket, both are valid forms of trade.

Cheers
    - Jonas
    Last edited by melander; 01-12-2016 at 16:37.
    A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery while on a detour. ~Author Unknown

Twitter: @Zweshi

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Ary Steve Hunter
    Society
    Irken Invaders
    Images
    The next thing that's going to be coming from your mouth... "Traders are just a bunch of scammers!" Like the other day. Someone is buying shrapnel for 100.5%. All of a sudden a noob comes on and is just yelling/spamming in chat that this guy is trying to scam everyone including him!

The reason auction doesn't work anymore is:
    #calytrade
    #trade

it's so easy; a global trade channel. You can even start advertising while you're still on the hunt/mining trip.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Snablesnot Male Young
    Society
    Vikings of Calypso
    Images
    Watch movie "A Day Without a Mexican".

Without traders the game would pretty much stop working.

Imagine every time you mine you have to find this specific crafter who needs this specific ore and then this crafter needs this specific hunter that buys this specific product. Each cycle would take hours (and maybe days) as competition would be very high, 100 hunters trying to sell same thing , or 100 miners trying to sell lysterium, (atm one trader buys it all and adds small markup).

Traders are as vital to economy as crafters,miners and hunters.

And lol about your claim : markup sucks (who would mine if no markup existed)

Or damn you are big hunter loot good weapon (100k ped markup), imagine trying to sell it yourself, you wouldnt be hunting for ages as it takes ages to sell this kind of gun.

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Estella Ella Laizen
    Blog Entries
    I think traders are very important to the economy. If you have small quantities of loot and you try to put them in auction, after you pay the fee you either lose in trade on the first MU or you add another ped and now you are showing a high markup in comparison to the offers with big quantities. Next thing you know you are out the auction fee, no one bought your crap and you TT it. This is where you can take your 9 wools or 3 cans of paint or 7 ores of whatever and get some markup from a trader. Or you could spam the trade chats too if you have the time.

On the other hand, if I need to buy 2 or 3 of whatever to tier my items, I look for a trader instead of having to buy 100 of them to get a decent markup.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Society
    Synergen
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrax View Post
    There are really two clear cut trader roles in EU.

The op seems to be talking about the auction re-sellers, not traders performing the vital function they do. Re-sellers pretty much do suck, and have stolen many a "deal" from me over the years. The only way to overcome them is to know the market, and know what an item is worth, then make your bid based on what the real value that the re-seller will sell for and not on the mega deal you think you'll get. You won't get the through the floor bottom price, but if you take the profit margin away from the re-seller, then there's no reason for a bid war.

For example, if the mu on the item is +500 ped, but you can put a bid on it for +200 ped, don't be so naive as to think that the re-sellers aren't watching that auction. They will snipe that sucker in a heartbeat and resell at +400 for a nice profit, while also still selling under mv. If you figure they want to make at least 20% to make it worth their while, just bid high enough to take away that margin. 20% of 500 ped is 100, figure for auction fees to re-list, say 30 or 40 ped in this case, and simply make your bid of +380ish or more to take away the incentive for the re-seller to buy and re-sell.

The seller still gets a fair price for their item, you still get a deal, and even better, you get the satisfaction of outsmarting a re-seller instead of the same guy winning your bids over and over again because they sit and watch auctions 24/7, literally for a living.
    Most things wrong in life start by forgetting what's right.

Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mr Infinity Infinity
    Images
    I think all traders and resellers should die

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast