Traders ...

lol this thread is turning into "Traders Anonymous meeting."

"Hello all, i am Snable , and i trade"

"Hello Snable"

"Please tell us what lead you to this horrid path"

"I looted an Foxtrot ME on which markup said tt+1300... but one guy offered me tt+2300 for it.. i sold it... damn its very hard to remind it all.. after that i used this 1k peds to buy christmas decorations from ppl who each had only 1 and sold them to mall owner, so he could decorate it...... Its too painful..."

"Thats OK, we are all here to support you, you can continue whenever ready"

"Thank you ..."

Traders are same as hunters/miners/crafters there are few that you hate, few that you like, and a lot you dont know yet. Dont judge one for the actions of others.

The traders I dislike are the ones that screech about how they pay the best %s and offer you 103% on things with an MU of 140% and then get offended that you find their offer insulting.

Trading is also one way to participate in planet calypso.
Some stack up a bit in sweat, sell and have their initial bankroll for trading, then go on and go on and learn market and do trades. And, they have no irl money maybe. Not everyone is blessed with good work, or well payed work, or work at all. And thats their chance to do something actually in a game which costs $$$ in the unlucky longrun.

So it is a chance to have a "profit" and to use it then for hunt/mine. Worked for me when i did trading :laugh:

AH traders and street traders are common. Some this some that some both or temporally this or that trader, nothing big.

On the other hand if someone buys high MU item, he is in risk, for example hes off for longer MU decrease, or in trader paradise when MU raises.

For me, i been a trader, but do no trades anymore as hmm well my savings kept me up a longer time and i havent pushed any withdrawal button ever.

And some pricefights on street been funny, or some battle in AH as well.

Greetings RCS

people who play THE gaming epitome of capitalism and "hate resellers" FAIL. EPICALLY. :laugh:

Hating resellers makes about the same amount of sense as hating the supermarket for selling eggs produced by your local farmer....
I'm not sure that I can agree with this example.
You can go to your supermarket to buy small or big amounts of eggs for the same price.
Is it common practice for you to buy small amount of what you need from the traders for the small +MU? Like +1% to the price at which they buy? If Yes, why people go to AH and pay huge MU when they need small amounts?

To those that say "It's a service" - maybe.
Can you sell your skins, extractors, paints or whatever to a such service without rip-off?
I feel 90% of the traders do "service" only for the materials that sells at high volume and for materials with an orders on AH.

The reason auction doesn't work anymore is:
#calytrade
#trade

it's so easy; a global trade channel. You can even start advertising while you're still on the hunt/mining trip.
That may work for people that want to buy.
But for me, when I want to sell, that almost never worked. Even I think it's bad for the my reputation. Two weeks I spam the chat in hope to sell my hard earned fruits. Nothing. Just, I start to hate myself and I'm sure most of the people that read the chat, hate me too and thinks that i'm a reseller.
Even more, I think that non stop advertising, in general, draw the MU down.
At first - when you advertise your P2P price long enough, traders adjust and lower his price for buying. Second - while P2P price is lower than the AH price, people that want to sell at AH, fail. Then they go to P2P trade and tend to underbid, and so on... At the end most are forced to sell to resellers.

I think traders are very important to the economy. If you have small quantities of loot and you try to put them in auction, after you pay the fee you either lose in trade on the first MU or you add another ped and now you are showing a high markup in comparison to the offers with big quantities. ...
I think MA must apply the same rule (5% tax of the MU) to the P2P trades too (that way you will need to trade only 1 type of item at a time).
This will be more fair to the AH trades. And 50 pec "create auction" fee, in P2P trades must be represented by something that have near 0 TT value but need activity - daily token, fragment ... Don't want to pay fees? - still can trade by dropping items to the ground.

I'm not sure that I can agree with this example.
You can go to your supermarket to buy small or big amounts of eggs for the same price.
Is it common practice for you to buy small amount of what you need from the traders for the small +MU? Like +1% to the price at which they buy? If Yes, why people go to AH and pay huge MU when they need small amounts?

To those that say "It's a service" - maybe.
Can you sell your skins, extractors, paints or whatever to a such service without rip-off?
I feel 90% of the traders do "service" only for the materials that sells at high volume and for materials with an orders on AH.

I think your missing the point, the supermarket buys in large quantity from a farmer at a vastly superior price and then sell it to you and make a decent profit even if 20-30% of supply never sells and will have to be thrown out. They are in essence middle men with warehouses(which i think is fantastic by the way). It functions the exact same way in Entropia, a trader buys a very large stack(or a very small stack) at a discount price and then sell that on making a profit on the transaction. Only difference is the lack of overhead for the Entropia trade versus the supermarket.

If you were to go to the farmer directly he could offer you a better deal bordering on giving you the eggs for free and still make more money then when he sells to the supermarket. But you and i probably both chose the convenience of the store rather then the long ride out to a farm for one batch of eggs even though we pay a much higher price at the store. Its the exact same reason why the service the traders do adds value to Entropia, it adds choice basically..... at a price.

Cheers
- Jonas

The traders I dislike are the ones that PM you in game to offer you 1/2 the amount you listed the SB for item(s) you have placed on the auction.

I was after a standard A105

There was one listed few days ago.

A reseller grabbed it marked it up, relisted it.

I saw it relisted, I refused to buy it.

Think it sold anyway.

I'm sure I'm on a growing list of players whos in game spend is dictated by refusal to do business with known resellers.

Does that make a difference to MA? .....sure it does. My A105 planned deposit is still sitting in my RL bank account. Maybe it got sold to a person that didn't deposit, or maybe they did.

Whatever.

Rick

Back