Joy of items

RickEngland

Elite
Society
Jurai Blood
Rickard Rick England
I've been feeling somewhat sentimental this evening. Maybe after all banter in the $66 thread suddenly mellowed into a discussion and minim and I actually started talking rather than fighting, I felt some warmth inside.

I'm in game at moment, training my Royal dragon, and I was thinking about minim and thought to myself should I sell my Sterling dragon? I bought it at very good price, I know I could make money on it. Do I really want the hassle of skilling another pet for days or months on end....blah blah.

It got me thinking about the times I rage sold items I really loved, like my XI heal chip, phantom armour or even my stack CLD's. It got me thinking about the times, I sold things I should have really kept to raise peds like my A105 to survive another day.

My point being that some items you own likely provide you with a lot of joy, and I think those items should never be sold, no matter how hard it gets. Because then you have nothing and are back to square one; because it's simply not worth making those sales, for some peds you might not have tomorrow.

I have all 5 dragons, Royal, Sterling, Ruby, Sapphire and common. To sell one of my uber rare dragons would break up my unique set. Would those peds provide more joy...I very much doubt it.

My point is, keep the items you enjoy, that's a big part of your EU happiness.

What items make you happy?

Have a nice evening

Rick

I really should part with my tomtebloss collection since I don't have an apartment at the moment, and have gotten rid of a lot of my old furniture, but hold on to them since there's a lot of memories of spending countless hours moving items around in the old apartments.

My Z12 Barb :laugh: and it cant be sold even if want to.

But yes I know the feeling, I had to liquidate some of my hard earned items during the last couple of weeks to increase my bankroll.

I really should part with my tomtebloss collection since I don't have an apartment at the moment, and have gotten rid of a lot of my old furniture, but hold on to them since there's a lot of memories of spending countless hours moving items around in the old apartments.

Wow!!!!!!

smiles

Ninja Hood Jacket(M,C), colored a nice shade of blue, just a bit paler than gremlin, mostly because there are only 99 others in game (there should be more numbered limited edition items like those).
My almost dead Valkyrie Mk1 (C,L) that was given to me by Simon first day vehicles came out.
Lastly, Adjusted Restoration Chip, because it saves me thousands of peds healing compared to (L) faps.

Last edited:
My tank & my quad with all the Karma :)

I used to love my clothes, at times they did cost more than my gear and certainly more than RL ones. They won me 2nd place at He-Man 2008 (couldn't make it 1st, the guy was absolutely fabulous :D). Now most of them are broken, glitched or just don't look anywhere near as good as they used to.

I used to love my Haggis the exarosaur, a majestic creature thrice as tall as myself. He's as old as my very first opalo, which I still own. He won the screenshot contest last year. Now they turned him into a fugabarba, I'm afraid to spawn him because I wouldn't find him in the grass.

I used to love my gear, but every time it comes to upgrade, at best I get back a quarter of what I've paid for it. I've lost virtually nothing in hunting compared to what I've lost in selling. Now I slowly come to conclusion that the best path is to go all-(L) and not get attached to anything. Buy it, use it, tt it, buy a new one, most likely even cheaper this time.

Joy of gameplay? Absolutely. Joy of items? Probably not.

My herb boxes, opalo, herman ark tt-r, the hk110 and the S.I. Scorpion. They make me feel like an absolute legend. :yup:

Fun idea!

My precious is undeniably my Ancient Sollomate Outbacko. A little peashooter from the pregold era with 4.0-8.0 damage interval, but at current tier 3 with range enhancers it has 101.2 m range and I use it pretty much daily as a tagger. The 46 uses per minute is very nice for a tagger, I often peek out the side of a mob I'm shooting to fire away a quick tag on a new mob. Trying to time it so next one arrives right about when the current mob falls down dead. With the fast reload I barely lose any dps on the current mob and can still keep a good flow of incoming mobs. It's not much of a ped saver since it's a lousy pre-damager at 4.6 dps lol, but I'm having great use of it in uptempo team hunts for example.

This together with me owning it for many years and its very rare Ancient tag (pregold items) makes it special to me. I'm pretty sure it would be the last thing I would sell.

My Ghoul armor-

Long ago, I really wanted a set and couldn't find one for sale. I ended up buying out another avatar just to get the armor set. Over the years, I have often thought about upgrading, but I just couldn't part with my Ghoul. Now, I'm getting to a point where I really don't have to. I have other armor sets, but the Ghoul/5b combo is pretty much all that I wear these days.

My Blue Atrox-

Any of my strongbox pets, I would sell in a second, but the blue Atrox would be tough to part with. I've been working through the Atrox missions and have killed tens of thousands of the miserable things. Then, one day, I was working my way through another herd of them and there it was, right in front of me. Made my day. I had to drag him away from the normal spawns, make sure no jackasses would come along to steal it, and hit up everyone on my FL to find someone who could tame it.

My Shogun and my Gremlin-

The Shogun was my first armor and I personally looted every piece of the Gremlin. Not a big deal, but still. I never actually use them, but just having them sitting in storage, gathering dust is just fine with me.

Don't get me wrong, I am very happy with my Ranked Scorpion and my Restoration Chip, but I simply bought those. There is no backstory. No real connection. I think that the things you actually worked for mean much more than all of the rest of the junk.

great topic!! best I've seen in a long time.

I can't part with my cognac coat - it's value has plummeted compared to what I bought it for. Leeloo colored it for me (corn silk) as part of my feeble attempt to look more like a stormtrooper. I'm just too used to it as part of the way I look, I couldn't let it go.

I have an opalo SGA that I looted - I've considered selling it often, as it doesn't get used, but it just seems more important than it's $ value.

Finally one that comes to mind is my TT sword, Castorian Combat EnBlade-A, it was the first to reach tier 3. It wouldn't shock me if no one got to tier 4 - it's hard and not eco :) This picture is all I could find, shows tier 2

This is just such a fun topic to think of. Thanks!

Last edited:
My apartment on Calypso @ Omegaton and both real estates on RT!
My best purchases in world!
They will be with me as far I log in :yup:

PS. nice topic +1

2 of the most useless things in game but still is hard for me to sell, as game would be much emptier without them :

My house in Raven Valley and my appartment in Genesis E 13 H where i collected some of the paintings from game

my ep 40 ul gun and my sga rocket, crappy ecco but still gets used almost everyday and always ready and loaded

I tend to save almost everything i loot and hope i someday will use things , well, time for a garage sale i guess

I am kind of partial to my adjusted pixie, i have no idea why!

(After chipping out crafting skills once, i will NEVER chip out again). I will never sell my hard earnt skills again.

Rgds

Ace

I don't get emotionally attached to any of the items that I own in the game.

I just buy / sell / upgrade my gear as the situation requires.

Simple examples are, when I first got my fap 110, followed by Adj Hedoc, and now Mod 2350 or my F106 finder to my terramaster 3 gold rush. My previous gear is almost always sold or loaned out to friends prior to sale.

I have very few of my very old gear which I have not gone around to sell, like my EP40 or EP41 guns, etc. Who knows, MA may do some of the armor upgrade stuff for weapons as well ;)

My Lichter Hunting Carbine.

Was a birthday present many years ago from my oldest friend in here and is clearly the coolest gun ingame.

My item of joy is none other than Ozpyn Chon S1X1 :yup:

I realy love my Pucca face mask :ahh::)

pucca_forum_2.jpg

My favorite item is my dildos that I discovered. I have given out so many of these that I am the George Jung of dildos, and 90% of them in game have passed through my hands.

I also like my HOF outfit. (It now has pants and a goofy hat now too, same color and texture)

This one is my favorite picture a friend made for me.

And this one is just here because fuck you.

My Opalo is [...]

But seriously, so far my most loved possession is my Hunter Mentor Edition, which took nearly 2 years to complete. It will be Ghoul, when I finally manage to get it after such a long time dreaming of it. As for weapons, S.I. Psy-Blade and Bukin's Blade. Couldn't live without them. There are also a couple old school items which don't get used much (yet), but are fun to own and I have no incentive to get rid of - Marber Bravo, Katsuichi Valor, Maddox IV the most prominent among them. A First Gen Electric Attack Chip I once had and sold... definitely gonna re-acquire some time.

Last edited:
Ancient Red Scorpion was(is) my favorite item of all time. I have purchased it 3 times at different times +350, +500, +800. All were sold (one at a time) with profit. But I regretted selling them every time... Now I'm thinking of getting one again! :yay:
Nothing beats a 60m handgun with great dps/low dmg for low lvl mobs.

Nice thread idea ...

And good point, maybe i'm not very happy in this game anymore since i've got no item worth mentioning (jelly worm doll ? hitchhiker's towel ? not functional enough ... s.i. heart ? not cool enough ? ... will be looking for ideas thru the posts of items that make ppl happy).

Back