ComPet Bulletin #10: Development Update

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
[h=3]ComPet Bulletin #10: Development Update[/h][h=4]Countdown to ComPet![/h]

The official countdown to the release of ComPet has begun! Check out the website for the countdown.

You better get going if you want to buy some ComPet deeds: they’re only available for a limited time!

The closed beta test has now been set to March 2016. This is to ensure that the test will more accurately reflect the final gaming experience.

Originally Posted Here

who care fix the othe bugs

lol IKR!

Will be interesting to see how they compete vs. all the other pet like apps out there but no way i'm buying deeds to support it :)

Wow, a countdown! That's so contrary to the MA way of push-back-until-next year i'm going to be very shocked if this ends well (ie actually goes live when countdown ends in a more-or-less finished state).

Wow, a countdown! That's so contrary to the MA way of push-back-until-next year i'm going to be very shocked if this ends well (ie actually goes live when countdown ends in a more-or-less finished state).

The countdown is there for weeks and they announce it only now, so it's within the habitual style of doing things :). Don't get surprised when the counter turns negative or the page changes to "Stay tuned".

Is that a berycled in the background there?

I'd like to take this opportunity to remind people about what is written on the ComPet homepage linked in the OP:

"Deed holders will receive 30% of the gross ComPet revenue. In addition, the ComPet affiliate program will enable users to recruit their friends and earn a 15% share of their recruited users’ activity. The remaining 70% (or 55% in the case of an affiliate-referred user) of revenue will go toward marketing, operation and support for the ComPet App. In conjunction with MindArk’s accountants, Price Waterhouse Coopers (PWC), the ComPet App accounts will be available for inspection and published on the Entropia Universe website."

This statement unequivocably states that 15% of people's recruited users' activity will go to them and that this 15% is also 1:1 a part of the 100% that MA calls gross ComPet revenue. It goes on to say that the remaining 70%(or 55%) of revenue will go towards the 'costs' of the app.
Please note that it is pretty explicit here that both the 30% and 15% are clearly of revenue - and NOT of profit or other 'calculation'!
I state this given the shameful (in my opinion) episode recently witnessed during merry mayhem - a matter which has still not been clarified!

On a different note: I imagine that anyone accepting an invitation to join in the beta test will not be able to count as an affiliate-referred user to anyone except MA themselves (they get the 15%). If anyone decides not to join up with ComPet until the affiliate programme starts, then I suggest that if they make this known beforehand, that anyone they do finally join up with should consider a payback of around 50% or so of the 15% affiliate bonus. Let's be on our toes, yes?

The countdown was available for some time, this is actually just announcing a release date for the beta, basically it is forever a way, and 2 months before actual game release. If game is delayed again, so will be beta, till it is 2 months behind release.

MA, learn to beta, that info you gain from us will be useless with only 2 months to work with it, we know how slow you are. Let us in beta now so we can help...

I wonder if that 1197xp was for the success of a single battle, or the pets total XP (as pic).

Limited time to buy deeds...mmmm. That could mean, many things:

1) we need to sell more deeds
2) we decided not to sell more deed after certain date
3) we made the game for less than we thought, so not selling them all.
4) We paid them out in xmas bonuses, so not many left.
5) we did a deal to pay an external developer, so not many left
6) Fewscars bought them all.
7) we've giving them away in beta loot

I'm looking forward to the testing, and I'm sure it will be revenue earning from day 1

Still want to know if pets can move back and forth between the two games.

Rick

Still want to know if pets can move back and forth between the two games.

I can't be arsed to dig this up, but I'm pretty sure they have stated that either

a) EU pets will not be transferrable to ComPet

or

b) EU pets can be sold to ComPet players as a function of stables.

I have the impression there's not going to be any type of account linking or 'travel' between the two games. But like I said that's just my impression from reading the occasional thread.

b) EU pets can be sold to ComPet players as a function of stables.

Given there was a comment from one of the devs that only calyspo pets will be exportable to begin with I'm thinking b is the most likely answer. I'd also imagine pets will only go one way.

Yeah...I guess test it first with unfed pet if doing any transfer in.

It would be unfortunate if battles came to EU (which I'm sure they will), and you lost a well trained or uber rare pet to compet. I guess that's where the personal gamble lies.

Don't be hasty check it all out first. I'm sure tons of in game compet pets to have a laugh with.

I hope the person that did some of the animations to the combibo pets, was involved with the battle animations, if so that's going to be so funny..

Rick

If currently pet's not exportable to ComPet, will prove me once more the senseless work of Developers.

Why to Hell they introduce so many diffrent pet's with crapy and useless Buff's u can unlock very fast, if they have no further use.
Dont get me wrong, but why can ppl skill their pet's up to 50, 100, 150 or 200 or wherever is the limit, if there is no use for them or not even a hidden buff?
But all this we will know when ComPet is working and we already wasted thousands of ped's and many hours in skilling up our Pet's.:laugh::lolup:

I'd prefer they don't invest our money in developing new crap.

If currently pet's not exportable to ComPet, will prove me once more the senseless work of Developers.

Supposed to be able to sell pets to compet via EU stables at some point. Personal transfers, or access to EU personal pet store is unknown.

Dont get me wrong, but why can ppl skill their pet's up to 50, 100, 150 or 200 or wherever is the limit, if there is no use for them or not even a hidden buff?

Because we're totally insane.
I've skilled lots of pets, maybe it's a mixture of personal challenge, potential future usefulness or advantage.

It can be very boring, but your online and even at 32 ped for 1K bars it can still be considerably cheaper than other activities.

I actually don't mind the taming and skills buff on the pets. Now if MA brings in a pet handler ring, it might be possible to get a good 60% bonus on taming skills with a few pets spawned.

Anyway it's all immaterial, I've found your ava performs on a day however MA want it to perform against a particular mob. Sometimes I've got evade sometimes I haven't...lol. I personally think that's a legacy of iron missions and bugged over maxed attributes....for another thread I guess.

Last of all, it can be quite relaxing with no pressure adding some xp to pets.

Besides what if some pets have some uber unlock at high levels, like mod fapping pet, or invisible armour shielding to help your ava. or maybe we send them hunting like a pack of wolves in future.....i know I know, I'm a dreamer.

But all this we will know when ComPet is working and we already wasted thousands of ped's and many hours in skilling up our Pet's.:laugh::lolup:

LOL...we could well have wasted loads of money...who knows.

I think with the death animation on pets, it's an obvious sign there's a lot more to come for EU pets. That programming don't happen by accident.

Rick

So are there any deeds in auction?

No, not resale deeds, but fresh ones?

So are there any deeds in auction?

No, not resale deeds, but fresh ones?

MA stopped selling them in global auction, you can only get "new ones" from the web shop now.
That happened well before Christmas, I don't when though.

I do detest this $ depos at the webshop rather than a selection of currencies.

I guess there's good reason for it, MA want to get paid rather than some people just in game accumulating more and more asset from say CLD or Land ownership income. It still wont stop people buying from the web-shop to mark them up a bit for in-game resale. Laughing (not me btw).

Rick

I do detest this $ depos at the webshop rather than a selection of currencies.

Yeah, detest is a good word!
I wouldn't mind a small charge for using peds, possibly expect it even. But making me take currency back into RL in order to get back in via the shop or whatever is ridiculous!

Yeah, detest is a good word!
I wouldn't mind a small charge for using peds, possibly expect it even. But making me take currency back into RL in order to get back in via the shop or whatever is ridiculous!
Consider the small charge the markup on the deeds.

I want to know something a bit more profound.

Does it have:

fatality.jpg

1992 had 'em, I think it could be ComPets missing feature. :vampire:

Also removes "rematches".

Consider the small charge the markup on the deeds.

Yes, I considered it and decided 10% was a bit much at the moment for absolutely fresh deeds, although if some really are buying via deposit, selling on AH and then withdrawing again at 2 months wait, I guess I'm not criticising that as such - just MA for being a pain in the you-know-where and I'm not supporting it!

Edit: on the question of 'fatality', my guess is that because you have to choose a fight pack (which costs) and then those are the sums that get split up to the winner, MA, deeds etc, then no pets will actually be harmed during your enjoyment..... but then again.... we would quickly see saturation that way!!! Hmmmm....

it would be usefull to know how many deeds are remaining.

I would like to know if deed holders will start to get pay outs during the beta or will we have to wait until the full release?

Also can players withdraw peds from Compets/will this be a planned feature if there is ever EU pet integration?

I am surprised the beta is being left so late given the deadline for launch has already been made public... It gives MA a limited amount of time to make changes to bugs/gameplay, especially if something big come up. Given some people may have had deeds for 1+ years, i would have thought the beta testing would have started much sooner (perhaps even with pre-beta testing with a select few, what ever that is called). Also to give investors something more tangible to look at rather than just pictures.

Still +rep to MA for committing to a deadline and making it public.

also this (in general)

it would be usefull to know how many deeds are remaining.

we can't even work it out by seeing what the maximum number we can buy because it seems we can just keep adding more to the quantity. :laugh:

I feel that existing shareholders should have the right to know how many shares are still unsold even if the public (non shareholders) cannot see this information. However this is new territory for us all though and there is a learning curve. I would say that owning one of these deeds makes one a shareholder in compets but in reality (or i should say virtual reality) we just own some item which gives pay outs. Anyway as i say, early days and new territory.

It's private beta testing for deedholders, if it's not being tested in house right now I'd be very surprised.

This is more like the public betas that players get invited to that polishes everything off and to give a really good stress test before launch.

I wouldn't have thought you'd get payouts as I'd think they'd resetting every one at the end to starting positions and as such not taking deposits but this is MA we're talking about.

Last edited:
Beta test should be coming soon, can't wait!

Yes

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Ugh too short

Last edited:
I hope the beta really is this month.

Back