Question: How to start Crafting?

PanBartus

Mature
Bartek PanBartus Komendarczuk
Hello Everybody,

I'm newbie in EU and I want start Crafting. Could you tell me how much PEDs I need to start do this and what I should Crafting?

Thanks for reading my topic and Thank you in advance for your answers.

Hi, welcome to the entropia universe...

Crafting can be expensive and boring... thats why there is also automated clicking process integrated not so long ago.

I would suggest reading the "crafting" section in this forum as well as using search "crafting in entropia" either in google or directly in youtube.

If you can`t wait to start and don`t want to search, I would say that starting with either cheap texture blueprints or basic filter thingie...:p

Cheers,
Robo

Hi, welcome to the entropia universe...

Crafting can be expensive and boring... thats why there is also automated clicking process integrated not so long ago.

I would suggest reading the "crafting" section in this forum as well as using search "crafting in entropia" either in google or directly in youtube.

If you can`t wait to start and don`t want to search, I would say that starting with either cheap texture blueprints or basic filter thingie...:p

Cheers,
Robo

Dont read anything written by Robotek :D
Crafting should never be boring if done right, and also not expensive (unless you want it to be expensive).

Where to start?
Studying the market. Markups of materials you need for crafting can change very fast and very often the end product price takes lot longer to adapt (these are the moments you can make great profits). I myself use http://www.candyman.se/pe/bobthebuilder/v2/ to look about tt cost and markup costs of bps (but very often the input material prices have changed, so always double check and maybe create a new Excel with uptodate information).

What next? Find a item that you want to craft. Calculate all the costs and do some Basic math.
Items costs 1ped tt to craft, markup of materials is 110%, so it costs you 1.1ped to try each click. Average return is 90% of tt input, so you get average 0,9ped tt back each click. Also you only succeed on about 33% of tries, so you need 3 clicks to produce one item. Which means after spending 3.3ped, you will get back 2,7ped tt, which means product should have miinimum of 0,6ped markup to be worth clicking it.

What else? A LOT. Lots of stuff doesnt sell well, and auction also costs money (minimum 50pec fee). Also materials sell cheaper in higher bulks, so do not buy from auction when you are just starting, try from traders or miners and hunters.

What else? Blueprints, crafting gives you blueprints in loot and some of them can be nice extra income (specially if you are crafting, amps, weapons or tools).

What else? Quality rating (QR) and success rate, depending on bp maximum success rate is 90% or 95% (which means you will Fail average of 10 or 5 % of clicks, rest of the clicks will be successes and near successes). So unless you have maxed a bp, i always recommend getting as high qr bp as possible.

And last but not least: start small (no 1k click runs), as selling the product is as important as crafting. TT machine is your enemy.

And about skilling : it is cheaper to buy skills than to skill yourself (as skilling usually means crafting with constant loss of minimum 10% of your money) or if you do, do it with exp bp I (so no markup wasted).

Before you even go near the crafting machine , make sure you have an outlet to sell your crafted items or at the very least a plan on how to sell them at profit and do your research :wise:

Before you even go near the crafting machine , make sure you have an outlet to sell your crafted items or at the very least a plan on how to sell them at profit and do your research :wise:

There is no market to sell "Filters" or any other low level crap!!!!

/OP
If you start now, don't spend your money on a low level BP!
Before even start clicking on BP's
Go in a Mothership and make repairs to get some skills first of all.
edit-> but you always looking to use SIB BP's when you are low level crafter at the beggining.

For me crafting it's part of my life in entropia.
I never heard the "expensive" excuse.
If you wanna be a crafter you should do it and have fun with it.
Any activity can be expensive in Entropia anyway.

Get a couple of Vehicle RK-5's and Welding wire and go for repairs FIRST OF ALL!
it's about 50k WW enough for one RK-5 till depleted, in about 3hours repairing a ship non stop!

PS. as about all the good ppl in Entropia. When someone ask for help/guide etc let him have it.
If someone decide to play in Entropia Universe, he knows about the expensive thingy by default in most cases. So give him good advices and not dissapoint him before even he starts :)

Last edited:
Guys thank you so much! I will read more about crafting and do it in the future. Could you tell me 150ped is enought to start crafting somethink or I need little more? Maybe 250ped?

@Billy Jean Ruby

How many Welding wire I should buy to skill? 50k? 100k? more?

Last edited:
Some people say to me that I should improve my reparing skill, other people recommend me to craft low bp's 'cuz for reparing I won't take a refund in PED's. I'm confused. If you can write to me more information, pros and cons of reparing and crafting low bp's.

Best Regards,
PanBartus

Guys thank you so much! I will read more about crafting and do it in the future. Could you tell me 150ped is enought to start crafting somethink or I need little more? Maybe 250ped?

@Billy Jean Ruby

How many Welding wire I should buy to skill? 50k? 100k? more?

exactly 53000 are enough to burn a Vehicle RK-5 and will last 3 hours non stop repairing

total cost is about 20-22 PED for this
if you want more than one session do the math :)
example
Kronan (Arkadia SS) doing daily repair missions btw
if you wanna participate contact our dear fellow entropian Granny Rowan, owner of Kronan.

Some people say to me that I should improve my reparing skill, other people recommend me to craft low bp's 'cuz for reparing I won't take a refund in PED's. I'm confused. If you can write to me more information, pros and cons of reparing and crafting low bp's.

Best Regards,
PanBartus

You can combo repairs (cheap skilling), with SIB low level BP's.
repairing till some point (level 10 and above) is highly recommended by me, to anyone is thinking to start crafting.

If the mission is still offered, go to monria for the crafting repeatable mission, after crafting i think 500? Things you get .75 engineering skill, i used explosives I and gained Tons of engineering skill with a crafting return of 80% or so. Id do that first to boost that Skill to get The first unlock for crafting.

u can only do it once a day if its still available but it boosted me a bit.

repairing is much more spendy but can be quicker overall for skills etc.

If the mission is still offered, go to monria for the crafting repeatable mission, after crafting i think 500? Things you get .75 engineering skill, i used explosives I and gained Tons of engineering skill with a crafting return of 80% or so. Id do that first to boost that Skill to get The first unlock for crafting.

u can only do it once a day if its still available but it boosted me a bit.

repairing is much more spendy but can be quicker overall for skills etc.

What Dennis just said, find this missioon and do 500 clicks of exp bp I (10ped total cost and with 90% return just 1ped lost for 75pec of engineering skill - if consider engineering has 2k% markup, it means you get 15ped of skill for 1 ped spent). Do that for few weeks, after that you have enough skills to choose right items to craft.

Do not waste your money on skilling on MS, as skilling there has exactly zero ped return (no loot, only skills).

Do not waste your money on skilling on MS, as skilling there has exactly zero ped return (no loot, only skills).
The expense is moderate, entirely predictable, and can be less than one wrong decision. It is very suitable for more risk-averse personalities. Doing it at the very beginning just up to unlocking bp comprehension (takes a handful sessions only) is most likely cheaper.

The expense is moderate, entirely predictable, and can be less than one wrong decision. It is very suitable for more risk-averse personalities. Doing it at the very beginning just up to unlocking bp comprehension (takes a handful sessions only) is most likely cheaper.

How? 1ped per 75pec of engineering (the way dennis described) is in every single way cheaper than to waste time and money on MS repairing.

Or MS skilling gives you more skills per ped than that?

EDIT: ahh i see, that you are not crafting yourself, that explains it :) You know you get loot from crafting and no loot from repairing.

Last edited:
What Dennis just said, find this missioon and do 500 clicks of exp bp I (10ped total cost and with 90% return just 1ped lost for 75pec of engineering skill - if consider engineering has 2k% markup, it means you get 15ped of skill for 1 ped spent). Do that for few weeks, after that you have enough skills to choose right items to craft.

just had to point out, its aprox 28 ped worth of crafting each day using that BP at 100% QR, it is 500 successful crafts. not 500 crafts.

I have a log of it for about 20 days or so, averaged 79.95% return.

that's also with being maxed on the bp with skills, so it might be a slight more also for starting people.

.... than to waste time and money on MS repairing.

Or MS skilling gives you more skills per ped than that?

EDIT: ahh i see, that you are not crafting yourself, that explains it :) You know you get loot from crafting and no loot from repairing.

I' curious how long it takes to unlock comprehension the way you suggest?

for me time is also money in RCE and sometimes worth much than few more PED
otherwise chipping skills worth nothing too

How do you see that? I did and occasionally do, so I can compare the results. Of course the loot returns are included in the judgment. They are pathetic at the beginning, not discounting that you might get lucky. As opposed to predictable cost for skilling, is all I meant to say. Hence from personal experience I'd recommend starting after the unlock of bp comprehension, but of course it depends on your own risk tolerance. Invest in a 100qr bp, as others already pointed out. If you don't have the money for that, you probably shouldn't craft at all. Hope this makes sense.

Edit: If you're serious about business, then of course you're not playing/fooling around any longer and shouldn't pay a pec more for the prerequisites than absolutely necessary. Chip in then.

just had to point out, its aprox 28 ped worth of crafting each day using that BP at 100% QR, it is 500 successful crafts. not 500 crafts.

I have a log of it for about 20 days or so, averaged 79.95% return.

that's also with being maxed on the bp with skills, so it might be a slight more also for starting people.

80% return with maxed bp?
But yeah forgot about that it was 500 succesful clicks so it would be 3ped cost for 15ped worth of engineering skill. (or if for some reason he really has 80% return then 6ped cost for 15ped worth of engineering). (also he gets regular skill gains from all 1500 clicks he does daily).

Anyways i am still certain it costs more to repair MS than to skill using this technique. And buying chip costs him 2k% so not worth if he can get engineering for around 800% (if 0.75ped tt engineering per 6 ped spent, or if 90% loot return then 400%).

Also repair skilling costs you markup while crafting EP I costs you no markup at all. And skill gain per ped spent should be about the same. (but in this case you get mission skills added to it)

Last edited:
Explosive BP I/II on monria doing the mission on daily basis should be the quickest and cheapest way to start. But there is no markup in that BP, everything comes and goes to the TT... pretty much.

Cheapest way by far tho.

I have to wonder if the Explosive Projectile option isn't the new "Basic Filters" alternative... I've dabbled in both, and it would seem the EP blueprint has several advantages:

• You can simply buy the materials right from the TT
  • Cheaper per-run (2 pec of Nanocubes vs. 2pec Lyst + 1pec Oil -- even better if you had to buy the Lyst/Oil at markup prices...)
  • You can actually USE the results! (Finally, those cheap looted Skildeks can be actually used!)

I don't know, however, if the skill increases are comparable (do you get more "Engineering" from Basic Filters than Explosive Projectiles?)

-Max

I have to wonder if the Explosive Projectile option isn't the new "Basic Filters" alternative... I've dabbled in both, and it would seem the EP blueprint has several advantages:

• Cheaper per-run (2 pec of Nanocubes vs. 2pec Lyst + 1pec Oil -- even better if you had to buy the Lyst/Oil at markup prices...)
  • You can actually USE the results! (Finally, those cheap looted Skildeks can be actually used!)

I don't know, however, if the skill increases are comparable (do you get more "Engineering" from Basic Filters than Explosive Projectiles?)

-Max

Yeah it is like Filter crafting was in old days, just bit cheaper (as no markup) and chaper price per click. Skills come with every pec spent so yes technically Basic Filters gave more skills per click, BUT EP I gives more skills per pec (as no markup paid).

-Max

ofc EP I BP is the first choice to click on BP's plus the potential (low but possible) to loot a higher lvl BP of EP and get some good profit.

I have EP I BP QR100 and some peds. Maybe it's time to go to Mornia and start craft something ;)

About Monria mission... When you take the daily if you don't make 500 successful crafts in that day can you continue it in next days or daily is reset after 24 hours?

About Monria mission... When you take the daily if you don't make 500 successful crafts in that day can you continue it in next days or daily is reset after 24 hours?

No reset, you can keep it running days - weeks -months

GL with crafting

Cheers

It resets 20 hours after you get your reward for the previous 500 successful crafts batch. And you can craft everywhere - not only on Monria.
The best is to combine it with your discipleship tutoring. You will finish it in about 7-10 days at the cost of 6-8 PED per day - much cheaper then by repairing ships and cars.

Not exactly everywhere, only within the "Calypso space" (Caly, Monria, FOMA, CP) that shares the missions list.

Ah, ok, sorry.

PS. Most convenient way is to craft explosive projectiles (no worries about transport) but due to the game design when craft with Explosive projectiles I BP the game "steals" 3,2 - 3,3 PED from every 1000 clicks.

Hello Everybody,

I'm newbie in EU and I want start Crafting. Could you tell me how much PEDs I need to start do this and what I should Crafting?

Thanks for reading my topic and Thank you in advance for your answers.

Crafting is not expensive , is wothless usualy u pay from 150% to 10000% or worse for a Blueprint , then you will need the amterials and no one want to sell at the market price or lower so in best case u pay 110%
me, after buying skill chips implants (400 ped )and inserting i have a nice 15% succes rate in 100 clicks on a Blueprint with Lvl 1 (the easyest) for a product with 133% market price

so u calculate this and tell me , are you so rich so u just wanna have that fun of clickin bulls#*t programed "lose ped" software?

be wise and dont trust those who tell you you get 90% back lol that's hilarious

Back