Votes: 7 14.6%
  • meh

Votes: 30 62.5%
  • creature control what now?

Votes: 2 4.2%

• Total voters

Avon(AJ)Jerrix

Guardian
So, creature control capsules have been a thing for a while now. What do you think, good thing, bad thing, in-between thing?

CONTROL, not dontrol

Some people enjoy them so it can't be bad. Many people suffer because of them so it can't be good. Overall, they add nothing to the game and are pretty much pointless. Meh.

There is no gain of anything in this.
If MA decide a skill benefit then could be something nice.
Now?
I'm another "meh" too

Yeah Creature Control Capsules - I love them - they add a whole new dimension to the game. I know that they annoy the hell out of some players as they move so fast they are difficult to hunt, however I have wasted a bit of ped hunting them and they are fun. Being in control of the capsule is also loads of fun, I have saved most of the ones I have for special occasions - Lets have some really big creature control capsules like Eomon or Proteron

If they were used for events to give the hunters a challenge with a player controlled mob then they'd be a good thing.

But for me, it's a meh as well. It doesn't really add much for the normal player.

Yeah Creature Control Capsules - I love them - they add a whole new dimension to the game. I know that they annoy the hell out of some players as they move so fast they are difficult to hunt, however I have wasted a bit of ped hunting them and they are fun. Being in control of the capsule is also loads of fun, I have saved most of the ones I have for special occasions - Lets have some really big creature control capsules like Eomon or Proteron

depending on the TT price of a eomon pill, it could open up an exploit. Grab noobies or someone, down a pill and then stand still whilst you are killed and looted, risk free. however considering the wave camping last year, it would be cool to storm into a spawn sat on red health and kill the vtol

I would be wondering how many people saying meeh here , actually used some.

It's a fun additional feature, and I don't see anything bad about having fun once in a while...

All capsules that are more widely available and for low cost, are low level mobs that are easy to kill. And so it's just a small fun and no big deal for even low players to kill (so it's not like you frustrate people for half of the day).

Also there is no flood of creature capsules, so it's not like you are being constantly annoyed by people biting your ass.

Pecka

I like it, it is some real fun to be a creature, or even to hunt them. And more fun if one loot 90 ped:)

But agree, it should give some skills, if you use it. At least it cost money to make the time longer, or if you use a 50 ped pill for BB.

I hope MA will improve that system.

The bad part comes when idiots mess with newbies using the pills.

I would be wondering how many people saying meeh here , actually used some.

I never used them (tt'ed the gift ones right away), but neither do I need to try, say, piracy to have an opinion on it. PVP activity should belong to pvp zones, where those aren't interested in it wouldn't get forcefully involved.

And my mostly neutral opinion is based upon the fact that I personally isn't affected by the currently common creatures. If my favorite "safehouse" becomes overran with creatures that I couldn't stay against, the way the Camp Icarus is terrorized by the pumpkins, my opinion might become more unprintable :D

I never used them (tt'ed the gift ones right away), but neither do I need to try, say, piracy to have an opinion on it. PVP activity should belong to pvp zones, where those aren't interested in it wouldn't get forcefully involved.

And my mostly neutral opinion is based upon the fact that I personally isn't affected by the currently common creatures. If my favorite "safehouse" becomes overran with creatures that I couldn't stay against, the way the Camp Icarus is terrorized by the pumpkins, my opinion might become more unprintable :D

I like to shoot dawn the pumps at icarus.. that was the place, one loot 90 ped to me. Most time some more skiled ppl are at this place, and prodect the new players. May it just need more improving of the system, and noob places could have a no creature pill zone, larger at it is now.
A problem is also, that you as pump, cant kill higher skilled ppl, about theyr HP and Armor, and if they use the uber guns, you be death in seconds. Thats why most ppl use the pills at noob places. You can't kill higher skilled ppl. At least a bad balanced system.

Last edited:
Sorry...its a "meh" for me as well.

As it is, these pills are looted right?

Now if it at least had something to do with crafting and taming...then it might have been slightly better.

For instance, putting some crafted "control chip" + some tamed monster into a refiner and out pops that tamed monster's "creature control pill".

That might have made for some sort of an "economy"...kindda like how the demand for furniture is at the moment (a high class "luxury item").

Last edited:
Like most things there will always be the asshats that use them to spoil the game for others, but they can also be fun.

When they were new we used one of the Toulan ones as an excuse to take a bunch of members from soc to the planet for their first visit. We did a little exploring with them, then used the controlled mob to try and get a creature kill record before allowing the socmates to try and hunt it using TT weps only
It was chaos and hilarious. Our only regret is that we wish we had a few more pills to make it all last longer.
Maybe one day....

In a way I wish the looted pills were not planet specific then people could see the creatures from other planets, and soc events could use several in one place.

But I do agree that at newb areas and even trade areas like Twins they can be detrimental. Makes it hard to trade while watching and hoping a Pumpkin doesn't kill you halfway through the transaction.

So I haven't voted as I think they can be both good and bad depending on how they are used.

Harassing new players is a great way to retain them and get them to partake in this game's economy.

Back