Help: It's happened again and now I cant fix it! MSVCP110.dll

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Hi tech minded people. Over the last 48 hrs something happened and now I get the following message when I attempt to launch my EU client loader.

client_loader.jpg

I had a similar problem ages ago, which was easily fixed by update adobe software. I have tried redownloading the client loader, I have redownloaded the C++ redistributable files, I have manually down loaded the MSVCP110.dll file and found it is actually there in the system folder.

So, how do I get EU to work?

Put this manually downloaded file in EU directory. Should help. Or you already did it? if yes then try disabling your antivirus.

Try some registry cleaner tool also.

Put this manually downloaded file in EU directory. Should help. Or you already did it? if yes then try disabling your antivirus.

Try some registry cleaner tool also.

I tried that, put it in the bin64 file, didnt do anything.

did you register the DLL?

from command prompt type

regsvr32 MSVCP110.dll

press enter

System restore?

Often the easiest way if you have a recent restore point. Go back in time to when it all worked.

10mins later you're good to go.

Search for msvcp110.dll and check for any that aren't in the system folders or winsxs.

I've got 4, two in the c:\windows\winsxs, one in c:\windows\system and another in c:\windows\syswow64

edit: spoke too soon I've actually got 20 in various places but on two on the path.

You did try installing the 64bit version and the 32bit of the vs2012 c++ redistributable?

Last edited:
Try this...

1 - Search and backup all the .pak files in entropia universe/public_users_data/dynamic_content
2 - Uninstall entropia universe
3 - Reinstall entropia universe
4 - Put those .pak files back where they belong
5 - Start EU launcher again and see if it still happens.

GL.

i fixed this by unchecking "use 64 bit client" in the launcher option.

That's usually caused by a 32bit dll being found by a 64bit process because a piece of software has placed the dll onto the dll search path.

For 64bit apps the c:\windows\system32 is searched and for 32bit, on 64bit windows, the c:\windows\syswow64 is searched. Place a 32bit/64bit dll in the wrong place and watch the problems start to appear.

Sometimes dev's get lazy and don't write installers correctly or put their software executable path in the system path environment variable to make it work and screw things up.

Search Path Used by Windows to Locate a DLL

1. The directory where the executable module for the current process is located.
2. The current directory.
3. The Windows system directory. The GetSystemDirectory function retrieves the path of this directory.
4. The Windows directory. The GetWindowsDirectory function retrieves the path of this directory.
5. The directories listed in the PATH environment variable.

I've written software in .net but usually compile on anycpu so I only need to have one executable but to use third party 32 and 64bit dlls I have to do some tricks to change the search location if I'm not placing them in the windows folders otherwise I'd screw the whole thing up.

this:

You did try installing the 64bit version and the 32bit of the vs2012 c++ redistributable?

hint: please just don't mess around with copying and registering DLLs manually if you don't have an idea what exactly you're doing. also, please don't try every suggestion above, because some are plain stupid and hurt me in my brain. sorry!

Ok, this is how I fixed it. I used an older version.
Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 instead of the 2013 version.
I installed the (x64bit) and (x86) files and it seemed to solve the problem.

Appears that Windows 10 keeps having issues with Visual studio 2013 and the Entropia Universe Software. Still havent heard back from support...guess they didnt know :)

Back