Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Toast CHG
    Society
    cB
    Images
    Unlikely, but never say never

Chaotic Good
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    MegaVolt
    Society
    Kaos
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Toast CHG View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unlikely, but never say never
    Agreed.

Not looking good at the moment, but who knows?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Pecka ecka Martinek
    Society
    Entropy
    Images
    While Hurrikane just has no time now, it does not mean we cannot have some fun..

I am still playing with an idea of doing something like ENC (Entropia Nations Cup).

But more for smaller teams, representing real countries only (no DACH and similar , sorry ;p).
    So not a big event like WOF, but still a worthy competition

Quote Originally Posted by PW3CKA View Post
    While Hurrikane just has no time now, it does not mean we cannot have some fun..

I am still playing with an idea of doing something like ENC (Entropia Nations Cup).

But more for smaller teams, representing real countries only (no DACH and similar , sorry ;p).
    LoL, So much more to say but LoL covers most of it, did I mention lol?
    Super Troll, Super Troll, she's Super Trolly... Yoowww.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Parlog Gothakaur
    Society
    THE MINISTRY
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PW3CKA View Post

i am absolutely sure that wouldnt bring more fairness to the game, just a bigger number of teams from smaller countries that canīt cope with the big countrieīs teams. Of course there are many factors that decide what a small or big WoF-nation is, not only size, but size definately matters. On the other hand we saw many wonders along the way, with totally unexpected results, small teams with huge spirit and know-how. They all were extremely challenging.

DACH was not my idea, but the idea of the german community which also consists of many austrian and swiss players and who used a poll system to democratically vote for or against things. DACH was just a result of the friendship, understanding and trust in this community. A sense of national borders between those three countries never really existed in the german community. We had a system of old and new societies and trusts instead, which lead to a working system of lend and borrow and that was in some cases even tied to real life contracts and agreements between players. Still i can tell you it was very challenging to get a Warrant and an AOW player into the same boat at that time. We had to tear down walls (or at least respect them), it only made us stronger. But this was not the only reason why DACH was so strong. We adapted the "tactical technology" of predamaging right from the beginning and in the process mastered it quite early. With a support team of fapers, herders, scouts and predamagers each of our mainteam hunters was just as powerful as a whole "traditional" mainteam, additionally we were lucky to surf on the first wave era of enhancers the way we did and midlevel L-items were able to reach a level of gameplay that could easily cope with what was once known as ubah. The way we won the last final reflects that, when the mainteam alone surpassed 1k points before bonuses which never happened before. For the whole match we used about 30 players to directly help the main team hunters. Even a small team like Wales could have done that with extremely shocking results for their opponents. Of course you need a few tanks. People with a variety of armors for different tasks, fap skills and most important hp. In the beginning it was hard work of lobbying for the team to convince the big players to join the mainteam, but after the finals of 2010 we had a totally different situation.
    Suddenly we had far more requests to join mainteam than space in it. The whole team was on fire and everybody gave his/her very best in support to maybe attend for mainteam next year, it was an incredible feeling of hunger and lust, we all were very well entertained. Thereby we were able to pass the torch to the next generation of mainteam hunters... even twice. Next point we gave a chance to players of all levels and it was not so rare that a total newbie became the hero of a match by opaloing that combibo or merp global that counted for Bonus Mob or completed the variety bonus for support team and often enough the sweep. We were able to transfer that community from forum to TS, which helped to grow together and gave us the advantage of a quicker communication. I still cant believe how lucky we were in WoF 2012, after a more than weak start in the group round with 2 lost matches we still made it to the finals and next thing that happened was, that team USA totally underestimated their opponent and dropped out. After a long resignation period, suddenly the whole team knew we could do it.

Last but not least our own matches were by far not the only matches in that we took part. We supported many other teams, sometimes even our biggest rivals if it was in our interest to kick a third rival out. Several of those teams were very grateful and returned the favour in our own matches. Its a nice feeling to count Italy, Finnland, Portugal and at one point even France to your support. Cheers to my old friends! DACH players use to have a very high number of WoF matches that they attended and we did a lot of homework in the process.

If you put too much emphasis on the merger alone you forget the really important things that brought us victory. And if you change the rules you take the chance for small countries like Be,Ne,Lux to merge and get a serious WoF team, what they are. Whats fair if 2 countries as different in size as Australia and Belgium have a WoF match? I believe if China or India would start to play WoF, people from the rest of the world would be quite happy about the merger rules. I still believe a relatively small country like South Korea could beat both of them and any other team along the way, if they played, merger or not. DACH was certainly lucky they didnīt.
    Last edited by Parlog; 11-27-2016 at 13:36.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Duncan Redone McCloud
    Society
    Agents of Chaos
    Images

Cool

Time to BUMP...
    Am I the only one missing WoF or something similar nation championship?
    Let the WoF be great again!

DRM

This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Angel Spike Sunny
    Society
    The Disturbed Ones
    Images
    Hhhmmmmmmm

Elite
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    New York Rose
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    Wow! I was just mentioning this the other day.

I was going to start a "Where is Hurrikane?" thread to see if he is still around.

With the new country designated masks would be cool too.

Elite
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Ford Zippo LincolnMercury
    Society
    cB | Crimson Blades
    Images
    I love me some Hurrikane.. I miss WOF so much ;( The possibilities are really great with Twitch and Discord.
    "If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected."

http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/...ad.php?t=65574 - PVP GLOBALS

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast