Wof?

Well, then, just NO.

A country, no matter your likings, are per defined by the United Nations declarations and are wideley accepted as "One flag, One currency, One Anthem, One army" and sometimes the language is added to these critetions. Mostly by linguists.

DAtCH is merely an alliance, yet definetely not a country, and, as such, should not exist.

By your logic, United Nations should not exist, since it is merely an alliance.

Most countries shouldn't exist either, they are only a result of a dictator at a certain time in history with guns saying 'this is mine', and taking everything that is in it.

Hi, I've found myself back in the game, at least for a while, and I'm missing the atmosphere and camaraderie of the WoF. So I'm thinking of organising a smaller event in the same vein in a couple of month's time, to be held over a weekend. It'll still involve National teams but with a lot fewer rules; here's the rough outline.

The Support teams can now just be Teams, as suggested in the posts above, (USA 1, USA 2, USA Barbarians etc etc) and the moblists have been replaced with an extended version of the variety bonus. How this works is you get 5 points for every new species of mob you global on, 1 point for the same mob, same maturity as one you've scored on before, and 2 points for the same mob, but different maturity that you've scored on before. So for example, whatever your first global is, it scores 5 (for a mob not globalled on by you before). If your next global is exactly the same mob it scores 1 but a different maturity scores 2. If your next global is a different type of mob, you score 5, and so on. Picking the mobs and the order to try them will be a major factor, any mobs in any Calypso location are eligible (globals must show up in Calypso chat).
Double points for a HoF. Double points for a 113 PED (Susan) global. +3 points added at end for each mob scored on by that team alone (excludes maturity). One big hunting spree, three hours of craziness. Teams would be a maximum of 12 with 1 non-hunter remaining at the start to score as a judge. The hunt could take place at any point over the weekend that an Official was available to independently score it. Oh yeah, does anyone wanna be an official? I'll of course attend all I can. Was thinking if a lot of teams attend we could have heats, semi's and a final over a couple more weekends maybe. But let's see.

I think this would make for an interesting departure from the grind and prove a challenge to think about. Anyone up for it? Will post this in Events if so.

Hurrikane

Welcome back. Very interested.

If this goes ahead it should be put in the WoF forum under a new thread title WoF 2020.

I believe your are a moderator of WoF forum and can do that Hurrikane.

Cheers Jung

Welcome back mate. I'm keen and no doubt a few other Aussies will be too.
Would be good to see a multi-round comp over more than one or two weekends.
I'm sure you'll get enough numbers.
Good luck ?

Nice to see you back Hurrikane! :wtg:

I was just mentioning you a few months back.

Sounds exciting...WTG! :handgun:

welcome back

WOFFY NEWS!!!!!:yay::yay:

I´d love to see more of the juicy stuff! For now as a spectator. A single WoF match always kicked me more than a 100 football games. Currently my RL is a 100% fulltime daily grind. But i´ll be back one day, can´t wait for the day its happening!

Lot of us were waiting for this news :ahh:
Welcome back Hurri, I'll do my best to join and compete :wtg::wtg::wtg:

DRM

So, yeah, I would definitely be up for this. Guess I better spend some time in game and re-learn how to move, etc. :laugh:

Question, though: Since Eudoria and Amethera only exist within the game, will those teams still be allowed?

So, yeah, I would definitely be up for this. Guess I better spend some time in game and re-learn how to move, etc. :laugh:

Question, though: Since Eudoria and Amethera only exist within the game, will those teams still be allowed?

Hi Coz:) Look forward to catching you in-game. As they've been in every WoF since the start, yes, Eudoria and Amethera teams are allowed. In fact any previously-entered team names are fine, alliances included. There can be National Teams from countries also represented by other teams using an Alliance name. All I need is a clear difference in the names to work out who won:)

P.S. You may come to realise that this WoF will be intentionally short on rules... there were far too many before;)

Back