Mining Sample Size

m0rr0w2

Guardian
Sorry for acting noobish but when mining in areas like AU or CND where it is a lot more volatile what kind of sample size would be enough to see average return percentages? I am a noob miner and have been mining AU the past 3 days and my goal is to drop 500 unamped probes a day. Currently after 1500 probes dropped im sitting right around 62% TT return. I'm not upset because I have faith it will turn around just trying to learn and gain knowledge. Thanks in advance.

Zac

In general, I'd say you need at least 5K drops to see the return stabilize on the planet. So given that in indoor mining your hit rate is about 1/5 of that planet-side, you will need >25K drops.

1500 drops indoor is like 300 drops planet-side; it is completely possible and normal to get 65% TT return during such a short period. That's about the TT return you will get if you don't hit any multipliers, and have a bad hit rate (<25%).

Sorry for acting noobish but when mining in areas like AU or CND where it is a lot more volatile what kind of sample size would be enough to see average return percentages? I am a noob miner and have been mining AU the past 3 days and my goal is to drop 500 unamped probes a day. Currently after 1500 probes dropped im sitting right around 62% TT return. I'm not upset because I have faith it will turn around just trying to learn and gain knowledge. Thanks in advance.

Zac

The rule of thumb is whatever sample size you are using, you need to add two zeros to the end. If you did 15,000 drops, some one will come in here and say you need to do 1,500,000 drops before you can accurately decide if you are getting shafted or not.

The rule of thumb is whatever sample size you are using, you need to add two zeros to the end. If you did 15,000 drops, some one will come in here and say you need to do 1,500,000 drops before you can accurately decide if you are getting shafted or not.

This is idiocy!

I agree with Pkmx!

Rgds

Ace

May be not enough 5K (and even 10k) drops fto see the return stabilize on the planet.
Normal return for 5k is 75% (without hitting big multipliers)

example of indoor return
Last Sunday visited Hell with remain of 95 drops

Result 1/95 :ahh:

so probably you need alot of cash to see balanced loot

PS. Can't complain because I had two small HoF's a day or two before that and a 200 PED hunt run with +130 PED return! So system "balanced" my PEDcard (punished lol)

This is idiocy!

I agree with Pkmx!

Rgds

Ace

Of course it's idiocy. It's also true.

Also, indoor mining is a horrible place to look for some kind of reliability.

Back