Entropia Running in Linux!

KullXP

Prowler
Society
~ZEN~
Kull KullXP Holland
Hey guys this thread will get some work but for now im super tired and will give you a snap shot. Ill stream it later

Click the Image for Full Screen

Entropia is Stable on Ubuntu 15 host platform.

SO many detials to come but I can barely hold my head up it was one hell of a battle getting here.

Sample Video!!!
http://www.twitch.tv/kullxpt/v/36053377
Skip Ahead 55 seconds.

Entropia Life Tracker - works great also, the reason it didnt pop up in the video is because I pre-loaded it before the video then minimized to system tray.

Last edited:
Is it a lot slower than on Windows?

Very interested to hear how to do this!

:yay:

Sample Video!!!
Skip Ahead 55 seconds.

Entropia Life Tracker - works great also, the reason it didnt pop up in the video is because I pre-loaded it before the video then minimized to system tray.

Ill be able to bring this up to

Graphhics - High
FPS - +40

Once I get a proper video card in here, atm my processor is tring to be everything :holyshit:

Will update you guys later.

Last edited:
Had a break through before I managed to break my kernel :laugh: :scratch2:

Before it broke I was able to get run everything and bring the load down immensely by manipulating the community open source Nouveau driver which is kept close to Nvidias own released drivers.

Also successfully gave vmware access to the graphics card as if it was running on that system. Still a little dialing in to be done on vmwares graphics driver.

Tho the weekends over I know what needs to be done now instead of mounds of trial and error, im confident ill be able to run Entropia as good as it runs soley on your Windows machine.

Need to wait for my new graphics card to get here or ill be building this old one into systems that will break when I put the new one in later.

Is it a lot slower than on Windows?

As of now yes, but im positive ill have that fixed soon. It will be close to the same except for the extra 300 MB or so extra memory loaded into ram for the linux OS, as far as it running in background it takes almost no system resources.

I tried in Virtual Box, it doesnt have the support necessary and simple wont work.

VMware works well but you need the version before there newest Workstation 11.

Also Ubuntu 14 will work but it will be harder to setup, Ubuntu 15 works best BUT!!!! DO NOT!!! INSTALL!!! KERNEL 3.19!!!!

Also every time you load new repository's make sure to uncheck them after installing whatever program you install.

This can be done in other Distro but ill set it up in Ubuntu so that a more simpler guide can be made. Also its the most popular and user friendly.

I MIGHT try on Kali at a later date for myself :tongue2:

Impressive.

One less reason to use windows if EU works fine on Linux.

+rep'ed

*Darn it' must spread some rep first to others....

Very nice!
I remember I got this running pre cry-engine but with many glitches, back then was using wine and copied over DX dll's to get it working.

Impressive.

One less reason to use windows if EU works fine on Linux.

+rep'ed

*Darn it' must spread some rep first to others....

yeah, this will be useful indeed :yay:

My main goal is Security,

More and more people are falling victim to hacks. Considering that for most of us our entire bank account is accessible through different channels such as Debit / Credit Cards, PayPal and other forms.

The smartest move is to be as secure as possible. Moving into Linux as main operating system with encryption makes things difficult enough for common attackers and dramatically reduces exploits.

Linux Main Operating System Pros
  • Extensive multimedia support
  • Secure Browsing running Java
  • Higher Level of encryption to all folders
  • New VPN Support
    Light Encrypton *Less Bandwidth* for Windows
    Deep Encryption for Browsing " Shopping, Bill Pay, Stock Market, E-Bay " for Linux
  • Much deeper and more access to system peremiters
  • Almost no system resources with richer graphical interface
  • All Your Favorite Programs 100% Stable just like the ones in Windows
    ( Firefox, Chromium, Skype, Twitter, Steam, OBS much much more)

Most important is you can set it up to where,
  • Push Power Button
  • Linux Auto Loads your programs
  • Auto starts Windows 8

1 Button Push everything loads and you have seamless access to both operating system
This video shows you what I mean by seamless the desktops are merged and function as one.
Skip ahead 55 seconds​

So it all feels like 1 OS "Winux!"

Play all your favorite games, any Windows app's *Windows* / Surf the web, pay bills, buy stuff with no worries *Linux* on a seamless 1 push button setup. All from one Desktop no switching back and forth.

Last edited:
tried it a few time myself using wine, i was running all the time into problems with package dependencies needed for third party software/libraries ...

thanks for sharing :) +rep

Pepe, I just got my broken graphics card replacement. Ill try and build around it in Linux this weekend and bring Entropia to high graphics and high FPS with average windows stability.

After that ill look into wine, that will be a real challenge and might need more work then its worth. But soon as one guy does it, it will be easier for many guys to do it.

Lets rock Linux 2016!

Good job! I have been interested in exploring this option. Watching your progress. GL!

Back