Is PvP good for you?

Ranavolana

Old Alpha
Society
Team Varyag
Louise Ranavolana Brooks
Or is it like the Victorians used to consider the vice of "self abuse" like bad for the "abuser's" health?

I ask this because I just don't know. My abilities at PvP have risen from chirpy level to maybe that of Spiderbomber. (caused/gained through not running away to safe areas but maybe stupidly standing & trying to fight & waste peds to MA's happyness)

Maybe if I quote a (slightly amended) nursery rhyme. About a totally fictional character ;p

Dorky porky* pudden & pie
killed the noobs & made them cry (he thinks)
but when the players come out to play
Dorky porky* ran away

I wondered about this, and actually did a scan on this fictional character. Despite the fact he had been playing longer than I, his attributes like strength, psyche, concentration (but strangely not intelligence :()
are lower than mine - so I wonder, does grinding away at Iron Challenges & Daily Hunters do more for you than killing other players.

Of course I have not come across any hard core PvP players - I do not hang out in the no doubt dangerous areas they must inhabit.
It just seems that a class of PvP players turn up in areas that low level players inhabit - to sweat or wait for oil.
I know, those areas can be PvP too, so maybe its the noobs fault :(

In they come with high level armour & guns that have an ammo burn guaranteed to clear out their Mum's bankcard.
Slaughtering noobs left & right - but I wonder is maybe killing low level players somewhat bad for you?
Would they have been better off hunting mobs about their level - Male Snablesnots maybe?
It just seems a waste for them, & expensive.
Is that why they tend to run away when higher level players turn up? Deep down they know they are inadequate :(
And if I continue with grinding away against mobs that are a challenge - will my abilities end up surpassing theirs?

<* - replaced with even more fictional name by mod>

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are hopeing for a good and honest PvP fights in Entropia i must shatter your dreams...

Currently at "important" level of PvP many people will use exploit (actual bug that gives you HUGE advantage over others) that you stand almost no chance against when playing fair.

Of course at friendly level in circle of friends for a friendly brawl in Twins Rig or something like that it will rather not happen. But if you plan to become serious player killer (either for profit or just to nag people in pvp areas) i would advice waiting for fix (of course we are waiting for it already few years so in my opinion it will never happen...)

@edit:
i actually do not like PvP in Entropia simply because the engine is bad for it (aside from the exploit of course). I mean there are way more fun and chalenging games where shooting others is a matter of skill, strategy and tactics and they actually have hitboxes ;).

Falagor
:bandit:

Last edited:
There are many types who play around in pvp. You seem to have already formed an opinion of those you have came across so far.

To the original question of whether pvp is good for you... It depends on how much you allow it to have an effect on you. I and many of my good friends live in and love pvp. It is a completely natural part of the game for us. It's just how it is.

If you are of a nervous disposition , or conversely have egotistical issues, then Yes it could well be bad for your health and mental stability. If it's just an integrated part of your game play, the it should make the slightest difference.

If you mean is it good for your avatar, there is a lot to be gained and lost from pvp. From learning to move, gun, shoot and fly to losing a shed load of ped in the heat of battle.

good ping time helps

There are many types who play around in pvp. You seem to have already formed an opinion of those you have came across so far.

To the original question of whether pvp is good for you... It depends on how much you allow it to have an effect on you. I and many of my good friends live in and love pvp. It is a completely natural part of the game for us. It's just how it is.

If you are of a nervous disposition , or conversely have egotistical issues, then Yes it could well be bad for your health and mental stability. If it's just an integrated part of your game play, the it should make the slightest difference.

If you mean is it good for your avatar, there is a lot to be gained and lost from pvp. From learning to move, gun, shoot and fly to losing a shed load of ped in the heat of battle.

I think his asking more about skill gain than anything. As in is it better to kill a low level player in PVP or low level mob.

Yes exactly.
Why do some players seem to be attracted to PvP against weaker players rather than stronger ones - are the benefits worth it?

Am I nervous, I don't think so. Do I have egotistical issues? Well other than this is all mostly about me, of course not.

So what is the benefit it killing a weaker player? A bigger mob would give more satisfaction.

Yes exactly.
Why do some players seem to be attracted to PvP against weaker players rather than stronger ones - are the benefits worth it?

So what is the benefit it killing a weaker player?

Simple, its because they can.

so I wonder, does grinding away at Iron Challenges & Daily Hunters do more for you than killing other players.

Yes in my opinion the skill gained by grinding is the only way to progress your Avatar.

PVP requires practise (or the ability to write a Macro) however if you don't have Game Knowledge, Avatar Skills and Weapons handling practise then you will not get very far, which is why your fictional character would need to run away and do something else ...

Maybe if I quote a (slightly amended) nursery rhyme. About a totally fictional character ;p

Your fictional Character sounds like a real Knob Jockey, as Noemy said in a recent post, there is no honour in killing Noobs :(

Dirk

Last edited:
(...)
So what is the benefit it killing a weaker player? A bigger mob would give more satisfaction.

They do this just for their own pleausre and fun not realising how annoying this can be for new players.

Falagor
:bandit:

I spend a lot of time in pvp, and honestly now a days it has nothing to do with skills or if you are a good Pk player. Only thing you need is select target and a high tiered gun or pit bull for mobtrain and you are good too go! Sad but true!
Many of the old and good Pkers don't Pk so much cuz of this. So as long as MA don't fix pvp things it will stay like it is now!

And advice if you don't want to be killed by another player, don't go in a pvp zone! It's pretty simple :)

Pvp is dead. Just buy a quad and come back over and over again. And ur enemy Will stop shoot u ;)

Great retort

I liken PVP to a tomato sauce bottle, It depends upon how open the nozzle is! Don't be fooled venture when you think you have then skills to squirt the sauce;)

Pretty much what everyone else said, PVP is dead....

MA knows about the exploits for a loooooong time now.

They built this game, PVP is pure profit for them and pure fun for others. If I was sitting on a gold mine and all I needed to do is spend 30 minutes to uncover the entrance to get to the gold, I wouldnt wait years to do it like they have...

Lets not make the game more enjoyable for our honest true players who want to play this game the right way, No no no lets reward the exploiters! :thumbup:

They built this game, PVP is pure profit for them and pure fun for others. If I was sitting on a gold mine and all I needed to do is spend 30 minutes to uncover the entrance to get to the gold, I wouldnt wait years to do it like they have...

Lets not make the game more enjoyable for our honest true players who want to play this game the right way, No no no lets reward the exploiters! :thumbup:

Post all the exploits so it becomes general knowledge?

Post all the exploits so it becomes general knowledge?

I don't think there are any exploits (KullXP just became a troll, as you can see in his TT return thread), only item everyone complains about is binding "Select Target" action.

You bind it to your mouse/ keyboard, and set your mouse/ keyboard to repeat the action every few milliseconds when the given key is pressed.

Then it starts working as a trigger (not an aimbot), so basically you have the key pressed and you move your mouse, when your crosshair meets the target it shoots (btw it's not even 100% hit if you strafe and move well, you achieve better hit rate with normal aim lol).

And so while this is not a big deal (it mainly helps people that are just completely bad, but does not really help people that are decent) MA still should remove it, so people finally stop complaining.

I don't think there are any exploits (KullXP just became a troll, as you can see in his TT return thread), only item everyone complains about is binding "Select Target" action.

You bind it to your mouse/ keyboard, and set your mouse/ keyboard to repeat the action every few milliseconds when the given key is pressed.

Then it starts working as a trigger (not an aimbot), so basically you have the key pressed and you move your mouse, when your crosshair meets the target it shoots (btw it's not even 100% hit if you strafe and move well, you achieve better hit rate with normal aim lol).

And so while this is not a big deal (it mainly helps people that are just completely bad, but does not really help people that are decent) MA still should remove it, so people finally stop complaining.

Decency aside, is it real? I've often wondered !

Its automatic fire so you dont shoot in the air (aka spend peds from missed shots) and its a HUGE advantage in a laggy game and ofc all canm do but I refuse to since I conscider that a built in aimbot for semicheaters. Funny how such an obvious thing can be viewed so differently. Imagine a built in autoaim to counterstrike, you Think the game would last for long ? :D

Anyhow enjoy your selected target landareas and I might find the energy to come back as the most skills IRL and ingame matters more then what macro you have to your mouse :)

GG

Reactions: das
8Px5VPw.jpg

Theres no exploits???

Pvp is dead. Just buy a quad and come back over and over again. And ur enemy Will stop shoot u ;)

If you are hopeing for a good and honest PvP fights in Entropia i must shatter your dreams...

Currently at "important" level of PvP many people will use exploit (actual bug that gives you HUGE advantage over others) that you stand almost no chance against when playing fair.

PVP requires practise (or the ability to write a Macro) however if you don't have Game Knowledge, Avatar Skills and Weapons handling practise then you will not get very far, which is why your fictional character would need to run away and do something else ...
k

Its automatic fire so you dont shoot in the air (aka spend peds from missed shots) and its a HUGE advantage in a laggy game and ofc all canm do but I refuse to since I conscider that a built in aimbot for semicheaters. Funny how such an obvious thing can be viewed so differently. Imagine a built in autoaim to counterstrike, you Think the game would last for long ? :D

Anyhow enjoy your selected target landareas and I might find the energy to come back as the most skills IRL and ingame matters more then what macro you have to your mouse :)

GG

Everyone else in this thread have said the same thing as me... But im a troll???

No I know whats going on in PK and PVP has been a huge part of my game, ive PK'ed for a long time and seen a lot of the epic PK battles. When aim botting went virul it broke me and the game for me in a big way. I invested alot of time and money towards PVP and its absolutly ruined and has been for some time. Am I upset??? Very

So until you do the same it would be worth re-thinking insulting people and insulting there character by calling them a troll.

Heres a post of my past and present PK Gear, please post yours.

Last edited:
Current

uxGCRey.jpg

GQYxwBg.jpg

Past

l9qI3Ng.jpg

efsqpfA.jpg

ZGm8Ttx.png

And thats just the UL stuff...

Last edited:
Selective reading as it's finest, or just another trolling attempt KullXP? :D

I have actually explained what the so called exploit is about. And as you can see I as well want it removed by MA, and not because I think it makes people aiming gods, but because I am annoyed by all the complaints about it :D

I read all of what you said carefully, and felt you personally attacked me and insulted me in your post.

(KullXP just became a troll, as you can see in his TT return thread)

Selective reading as it's finest, or just another trolling attempt KullXP? :D

I have actually explained what the so called exploit is about. And as you can see I as well want it removed by MA, and not because I think it makes people aiming gods, but because I am annoyed by all the complaints about it :D

But I guess yes, Selective reading as it's finest

I clearly was not posting about something I have been a big part of and feel strongly about because of my passion for PK and the community that surrounds it, if I am to be attacked for voicing my opinion in a strong manner on the subject well I guess I welcome people to troll me.

I read all of what you said carefully, and felt you personally attacked me and insulted me in your post.

(KullXP just became a troll, as you can see in his TT return thread)

But I guess yes, Selective reading as it's finest

I clearly was not posting about something I have been a big part of and feel strongly about because of my passion for PK and the community that surrounds it, if I am to be attacked for voicing my opinion in a strong manner on the subject well I guess I welcome people to troll me.

Well, in the below quote you very dramatically state how PVP is dead and how there is multiple exploits MA knows about. While there is only one stupid trick, how to enable something you can call a trigger (stop calling it aimbot, it's not an aimbot) that even does not really help you if you are not completely impaired person. I just personally don't see this to be a global PVP ruiner... (And yes, again, I want MA to remove it finally)

That's why I called you a troll :), either stop exaggerating or trolling ;p

Also this exists in the game almost since you started playing, and it was constantly reported to MA probably before you even bought your first PK equip. (btw my first infi set several years ago, costed me over 8k peds)

So again, at least from my point of view it's not making people godlike, MA should anyway remove it and you guys should stop complaining that PVP is ruined.

In regards to Entropia PK? For me, PVP somewhat died with introduction of tiers, too many noobs had doors to PK opened by that, gun started to matter more then a personal skill. And so what? This is not a freaking FPS game :D <removed>

There are multiple exploits, and if you can work a mouse then yes you are a PK god and it makes a huge difference.

If you were a PK'er before and after you would know whats going on with the Aim Bot.

Aim Bot is very serious, if you really knew how to use it you would know it makes any player OP with 100% hit rate. It only takes the time to drag a mouse pointer an over avatar and then you gun auto fires hitting 100% of the time. Like I said I care for EU PK, I understand you like FPS games but for those of us that love PVP in EU please dont troll us and attack us.

Alot of us have or had 1000's of ped in PK gear, please forgive us for being upset about Aim Botting.

As far as multipule exploits like Henxy said,
  • Never fire a shot and fly back over and over

And others to note,
  • Mob Trainning
  • TP'ing into Safe Zone's by the Marker
  • Wearing a Helmet to keep your HP below half making you non lootable
  • Speed Hack's with Quads
  • Using Skildek or Flame tools with no intention of PK
  • Etc, Etc...

And you can say some of those are just game features but if you knew anything about PK you would know those are exploits.

So just like that you shown us and told us how <removed> most do it.
It is using macro basicly (or key refresh rate, whatever flips your boat its the same thing).
Which MA stated to be AN EXPLOIT.

Problem is
Does MA clearly give a fuck?

If they did as most said, it would be diferent

and on topic
I dont see anything bad in pvp as long as it keeps in reasonable terms, which rarelly does.
At least helps CLD revenue right? (I haven't got any at this moment) so we stop seeing people complain about it

What do most of those exploits add up to?

Pvp battles are fought with who can make who spend the most.

Result: Everyone stands around with a FAP and absolutely no one's shooting anyone.

PVP DEAD DUE TO EXPLOITING

CAkXhk7.jpg

Last edited:
So just like that you shown us and told us how <removed> most do it.
It is using macro basicly (or key refresh rate, whatever flips your boat its the same thing).
Which MA stated to be AN EXPLOIT.

Problem is
Does MA clearly give a fuck?

If they did as most said, it would be diferent

and on topic
I dont see anything bad in pvp as long as it keeps in reasonable terms, which rarelly does.
At least helps CLD revenue right? (I haven't got any at this moment) so we stop seeing people complain about it

<removed> I just speak about myself personally, what I have seen and heard, and from <removed> actually a member of different society. I am not mentioning what society on purpose, please leave any "society blaming" out of this. It's a cheap non-sense attack.

<removed>

MA is the only one here that needs to step up and finally change the select target to not work against human avatars so people finally stop crying.

So again, stop blaming each other, stop with those noobish personal attacks and blame MA. <removed>

I dont want to be insulting but by what you said in this last post, you dont know anything about the current state of Entropias PvP.

But your opinion counts, some stuff has use here even if I dont agree. But there are alot of things that have no truth to them. I dont think your lieing or intentionally being misinforming, but there are some things you need to study up on before you can be correct in your argument.

Just meaning you are missing a great deal of whats going on with PVP in the recent year.

So again, stop blaming each other, stop with those noobish personal attacks and blame MA. <removed>

Its kind of interesting after you attacked me personally when we never even spoke before you started attacking me, now you cry wolf?

I dont want to be insulting but by what you said in this last post, you dont know anything about the current state of Entropias PvP.

But your opinion counts, some stuff has use here even if I dont agree. But there are alot of things that have no truth to them. I dont think your lieing or intentionally being misinforming, but there are some things you need to study up on before you can be correct in your argument.

Just meaning you are missing a great deal of whats going on with PVP in the recent year.

Its kind of interesting after you attacked me personally when we never even spoke before you started attacking me, now you cry wolf?

I am really tired of you :D, What I did is that I just said you are trolling again, because you either were or you were just exaggerating like crazy (which is basically trolling).

What I mean by not attacking each other are those cheap hack accusations.

So calm down kid..

<removed> I just speak about myself personally, what I have seen and heard, and from <removed> actually a member of different society. I am not mentioning what society on purpose, please leave any "society blaming" out of this. It's a cheap non-sense attack.

<removed>

MA is the only one here that needs to step up and finally change the select target to not work against human avatars so people finally stop crying.

I sent you pm.
First using -rep system to talk shit is kinda foolish i believe, but doesn't botter me
I stated but the obvious as i sent you in PM.
<removed> it was said to be an exploit using macro/key refresh rate, whatever you prefer calling it.

The same goes for buying accounts, using alts and such and we dont see punishment :)

<removed> some did admit to use the refresh rate instead of macro term, and yes i could name a few easilly, prolly the big majority of the ones i've encountered in pvp, shoting me or not, i noticed them using this.

That was my point, but you guys gotta take a chill pill.

I won't go more off topic :)

Back