About Landarea Tax

Me Really Never

Stalker
Banned
As a lot of you guys are riddling wether or not to hunt in taxed areas... well here is my 2 pec on that one.
A Landarea is a player owned environment. that said, the rest of the planet is mindark owned environment. i think the mindark owned environment (aka untaxed areas) have a 5% tax which is spread upon MA and cld holders. so the taxed areas have a 5% that doesnt go to MA or the cld holder but to the area owner instead. hence is why most long term tt return logs tend to be around 5% (the tax from taxed or MA owned territory).
what do you think? this would mean it doesnt really matter if you go taxed or "untaxed".

It really does matter. Very simple to test it out, is FOMA mining find two domes with as low as and as high tax as possible, drop lots of bombs and boom you see that the one with higher tax has smaller minimum claim size. You can do the same on calypso also, find LA with highest mining tax and compare SMALLEST find sizes on this LA and on no tax areas (good if it ore or lyst area, as easier to compare then).

Simply put : MA takes 10% of any loot, so you spend average 100ped and get 90ped back. IF there is additional tax it is coming from that 90ped, so 5% tax would mean you get 85,5ped (cause 4,5ped is going to land owner).

This MA 10% is purely theoretical it can be 5% also, but it doesnt matter.

Ignorance is a bliss :kos:

Mindark stated more than once how they draw money out of the system and LA taxes are on top of whatever mindark take. You also dont own the LA , you only own the right to use it.

Revenue from Calypso is also not shared between mindark and the cld holders

50% is mindarks cut
25% go to planet calypso and
25% to cld holders

I dont think MA would say no to peds and give it all to LA owners instead.
What if 100% was hunted in a LA, MA would go bankrupt?

I was thinking about this, and am still thinking if it is not more wise for me to go to Monria to mine; instead of FOMA.
If only there where more mining amps there.
Hmm, I'm going to the moon then.

I was thinking about this, and am still thinking if it is not more wise for me to go to Monria to mine; instead of FOMA.
If only there where more mining amps there.
Hmm, I'm going to the moon then.

the auction is full of amps, its like 10 pages worth. but ive no idea if the finds are less MU than FOMAs

Yep, it does matter. Mindark/PP (including cld owners) split decay and a few other "cost to the player" incomes. Then taxes are on top (or is it bottom) and cost the player a little more.

However, loot pool has random number generator in part of it's algorithm so there is potential to go higher or lower than the fabled 90% + tax, so in small runs it might look like you have something to your theory that it doesn't matter if you go taxed or not.

As far as LAs go, what is nice about them is that owner of LA can control the mob and maturity on the LA a lot, so if you are after a certain mob's looted items, LA hunting is the way to go. If LA owner is lazy and just puts generic mobs on the LA that are plentiful everywhere off the LA, it probably is better to hunt off of the LA.

Old thread with some interesting quotes on similar topic over at
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?202385-Question-on-income-and-calculations

Is there a good reason why this is not officially released for everybody to know?

the thing is just that a lot of people (including me) have quite similar results over a pretty long time no matter if taxed or untaxed. and when everyone would go taxed only ma woudl go bankrupt is just stupid as they earn from decay as well which u got no matter where u go. also if the tax is the same (to MA or to landowner) then it doesnt matter for the hunter where to go. so why should he hunt LA only? its not the only way how MA gets ped but this may be an option.
and do you have a link to an official statement that says how they take money out of the game?

the thing is just that a lot of people (including me) have quite similar results over a pretty long time no matter if taxed or untaxed. and when everyone would go taxed only ma woudl go bankrupt is just stupid as they earn from decay as well which u got no matter where u go. also if the tax is the same (to MA or to landowner) then it doesnt matter for the hunter where to go. so why should he hunt LA only? its not the only way how MA gets ped but this may be an option.
and do you have a link to an official statement that says how they take money out of the game?

You are a landowners dream :)

Couple things. MA doesn't take 10% of loot.. it is a portion of decay. Major difference and this is the way mindark makes money. Ifor you lose 300 ped in a hunt, it didn't all go to mindark. Maybe as little as 5 ped depending on size of hunt. The rest goes in the loot pool to maybe be paid out to some other player on the same mob or the gambling addict burning peds on explosives. Therefore it is mindark best interest to get you to turnover as much as possible and implement mechanisms to entice you to do so.

What you say is true, some people get same results whether taxed or not. I've always been under the impression and belief that tax pulls from the loot pool and increases variance on the LA as a whole.. and that can mean some players get better than average results and others may get poorer. In the end, regardless of how it operates.. and even whether taxed or not.. markup matters. If you are the ped sprinkler and do mobs here and there, it is likely that tax anything will be painful (although this would be true for untaxed too).

I've gotten 96% tt on large cycling on taxed area and far less on untaxed. To what degree it matters is dependent on your style and markup conditions. My returns have always been 95% or better regardless of taxed or untaxed. There is only 2 anomalies in the last few months.. Hunting on rocktropia for extended period on a mob with a poor loot table and hunting with an unmaxed weapon.. and also doing both at the same time. And before taco gets in the mix and is mad because I said rocktropia.. you can't deny werewolves were complete balls.

You can choose to not hunt on taxed areas, but you'll be limited. The inverse is also true. In the end, do what is fun and makes sense to do so. It is markup that will make your hunts last longer.

Last edited:
Couple things. MA doesn't take 10% of loot.. it is a portion of decay. Major difference.

What you say is true, some people get same results whether taxed or not. I've always been under the impression and belief that tax pulls from the loot pool and increases variance on the LA as a whole.. and that can mean some players get better than average results and others may get poorer. In the end, regardless of how it operates.. and even whether taxed or not.. markup matters.

If Tax was taken from loot pool and not from return u can put 10% tax on ur own LA and u will never ever lose with ur return + tax. :)

With that said i dont think its that easy. But some might be taken from loot and some from ava, but who knows?

If Tax was taken from loot pool and not from return u can put 10% tax on ur own LA and u will never ever lose with ur return + tax. :)

With that said i dont think its that easy. But some might be taken from loot and some from ava, but who knows?

You could and I would try it if there wasn't a 12 hour adjustment limitation. But you would lose sometimes because the land or mob loot pool would have a very large variance. I will say that if I hunt on a taxed area, I always assume that to get a 500 ped loot on a 4% la, there needs to be 520 ped available in the pool. And that the markup to hunt on said LA needs to fill the gap.. whether in Rebates (like my las) or item markup. And that is just fundamentals irrespective of the tax equation.

If people would stop crashing markup on everything and then bitching about no markup, then conditions would not be as limited as they are that one would have to worry about tax mechanics.

Last edited:
The question should be: the tax from LA's come from what player spends or from player return's?

The question should be: the tax from LA's come from what player spends or from player return's?

The reason why I say that it isn't returns necessarily is because if you want a 50 ped global, you need 52 ped in the pot. The system tells you that you get 50 ped and the la gets 2 ped if 4%. Thus it means that it takes a little longer (variance) for those hits and even longer for the big hofs than an untaxed area (which I concur to be 100% true). This behavior would also mean that time is the main factor when looking at the convergence and thus is often what most players do not give.

This is however theoretical and no one but mindark knows for truth. We all have our own stimulus fractions. Someone will have to show returns from taxed and untaxed which I will do in a few months. More data is required.

It does not.

MA once made a statement about this. It's somewhere on this forum and it basically states that what you pay to landowners you pay to land owners.

According to my mining records there is a discrepancy of almost 5% in regular claims versus non taxed areas.

So please don't spread any misinformation, or add "I think... "

I dont think MA would say no to peds and give it all to LA owners instead.
What if 100% was hunted in a LA, MA would go bankrupt?

This sums it up
I had also a lil birdie from proper sources telling me some stuff confirming this :wise:

I am at Monria atm; and I must say that things look promising return wise.
I'll be amping up and see where this leads.
to be continued...

everyone still predicts....noone knows what is happening.....:scratch2:

Lots of players know, and they are not sharing.

Taco for example.

everyone still predicts....noone knows what is happening.....:scratch2:

I moved to Monria.
A word of advice; don't go by what people are saying; go by what they are doing.

Back