Question: Crafting updates

Admiral

Alpha
JimJimtrader
Question to developers are we gone get some crafting updates , as i remember last one was explosive bp december 2014

Question to developers are we gone get some crafting updates , as i remember last one was explosive bp december 2014

Might as well ask for additional weapon development after a global thermonuclear war. Explosive BP obliterated crafting so short of redacting those there's no point in wasting more dev effort on the profession.

I hope their answer I sn't an Explosive Blueprint V!! :eyecrazy:

I hope their answer I sn't an Explosive Blueprint V!! :eyecrazy:

Naa they will not waste time to create V, VI, ... IX... they will go straight for X !!!

20 milion peds per click! :)

Falagor
:bandit:

It is kind of depressing looking at the HOF board of crafting these days. I doubt they will remove from loot and then buy back all of the blueprints currently out there of Exp. proj but that would be in my opinion the best move at this point.

The larger problem with crafting though i think still stands even if the Exp proj blueprint were to be removed. Its a hard proffesion to get started in with a exceptional cash requirement and a incredibly steep learning curve for beginners where its literally more cost efficient to not craft but instead repair spaceships for the first decade and a half before even touching the crafting machine.

They spent a lot of time building a new arrival experience mainly focused on hunting and a little mining, i would really love to see a equal initiative of how to re-tool the early aspects of crafting to better suit beginners who deposits limited amounts early on, maybe "puny crafting" in some way :D.
(Not talking about finding a way to up MU here by the way, not that that would be negative either but i think its more a question of how to make it more exciting rather then profitable at the early levels like hunting)

Cheers
- Jonas

Crafting was pretty much dead when MA threw a shit fit and re-balanced SIB weapons. Instead of keeping looted weapons a bit rarer and slightly less eco, they made crafted weapons complicated and less eco than looted ones.

Explosives just put the final nail in the coffin and killed off amp gambling and component/enhancer crafting.

All that gets crafted now is a bit of ark armor, damage enhancers and a few mining amps.

Explosive crafting is so easy to fix.. and there's absolutely no need to take out the blueprints ingame. ;)

Crafting isn't dead. Am still profiting from crafting every month since June 2013.

Don't be fooled by the HOF records. HOFs aren't required for profiting.

Crafting isn't dead. Am still profiting from crafting every month since June 2013.

Don't be fooled by the HOF records. HOFs aren't required for profiting.

Typical results per 100 clicks of Simple I conductors is about 30ish Ped TT worth of conductors and 15-20 ped worth of residue. It costs 70 Ped TT per 100 clicks. So you're already down 20 ped which MU doesn't even begin to touch.
Without a global, you can not even come close to breaking even. Stretch that into 500 to 1000 clicks, bigger losses.

The non-EP globals are becoming fewer and further in between.

Crafting is awesome, I ac the cheapest thing I can find to keep my avatar awake so my pet gets its focus back up to 100 so I can make it turn tricks again, oh and I also get a few crafting skills :laugh:

Typical results per 100 clicks of Simple I conductors is about 30ish Ped TT worth of conductors and 15-20 ped worth of residue. It costs 70 Ped TT per 100 clicks. So you're already down 20 ped which MU doesn't even begin to touch.
Without a global, you can not even come close to breaking even. Stretch that into 500 to 1000 clicks, bigger losses.

The non-EP globals are becoming fewer and further in between.

Check out Kikki's shop, it doesn't sell conductors :laugh:

Crafting needs a complete overhaul. MA needs to do something with all of the "legacy" blueprints, blueprints that use materials that no longer drop. They need to be either revived or eliminated completely. That is just step one, IMO more major consolidation is needed. Everything useless or "never used" due to unrealistic cost or extremely poor efficiency needs to be removed.

Of course none of this can even be done without somehow compensating players for those old useless BPs and materials. I had an idea about this that would be relatively simple to implement.

All "legacy" bps and materials that are to be removed can be "combined" to create a "skilling only" BP with 1 new "skilling material". So each player gets 1 legacy skilling bp and xx.xx ped worth of skilling material for crafting that BP. The amount of material given to each player will be based on how many legacy BPs were owned, their QRs, rarity, and the materials that were eliminated. To me, this sounds like something MA would like, it would fix some of the BS that is crafting today, and also not completely screw over the old-timer crafting players.

Just an idea... :scratch2:

1. All crafted tools/weapons/enhancers should have a significant advantage against all looted ones (Exceptionals and Limited by default).

2. All those BP's that are not needed for anything else to be produced should go in a NPC and be replaced with new advance BP's that have a role in the crafting profession (like replacing the FAP 2350 mission on Caly).

3. Materials in every BP should be investigated and those who don't drop at all should be removed.

Explosives should removed from the global/HoF system completely. Also EntropiaLife should have an option to ignore EP records.

Crafters should have the role they deserve! They are the backbone of Entropia's (I mean the real crafters like KJ and like that one I try to be).

Last edited:
I feel so real right now :p

You should xD
btw just now noticed someone else I was consider as serious crafter and not a "EP gambler" selling out he's shop bussines.
So crafters are tired one by one!
If something is going to change should change soon because most of the ppl can't spend for ages in a doom profession.

Back