Question: Piron dpp

moise

Dominant
hello,

UL piron series DPP is so bad,
around 2.4
and i just wonder if there is not an error from entropedia ?
i don't know the formula, anyone did the math ?

thx

edit : and who decides to make weapon stats ? MA or Ark dev ?
really wonder why SIB weap (with HOF on every drop) got so bad dpp

Last edited:
I can answer your second question. Not sure about the first.
Ark in this case submits the stats of an item they would like to create and MA has to approve the item before it can be added to the loot. Or something along these lines. Please correct me if im wrong anyone. By the way i kinda wondered the same question, those stats look too damn sad if entropedia stats are correct for those.

Heya i think the dpp is bad becouse they have low level requirements if i remember correct.

Those stats have to be wrong, 2.4 dpp for a sib gun is just complete garbage efficiency.

I can in general confirm the low dpp on Piron UL guns since I have done the tests on at least 2 of them.

I would say in their defense that they compare favourably to the Gravis models (which are also not awesome), the other relatively common UL drops on Arkadia.

While Gravis dpp is theoretically higher than the Pirons, their non-sibness really hurts their dpp. At lvl 50 hit/dam, Gravis effective dpp ranges from 2.3 to 2.5. Pirons SIBness allows them to hit their mediocre dpp relatively quickly.

Smuggler weapons are of course awesome.

Heya i think the dpp is bad becouse they have low level requirements if i remember correct.

for the low lvl req , its pretty correct !
but there is several "newbie weap" with way higher dpp
do you mean that noob should pay moar per use ? :rolleyes:
more seriously i wonder if there is not a big mistake from MA here
or just a "what Ark want UL weap ? let's give them this shit" :(

I'm thinking it might have more to do with consumerism and economy.

The UL Pirons offer an alternative for people whom don't wish to hunt for replacements guns...while still not eating into the Piron Arkadia (L) guns market for crafters.

:twocents:

(Haha...thx, KijkkiJikki, totally forgot that pirons were looted guns.)

Last edited:

sorry to quote you again
but this is 3 weapon with same low lvl req (20-22), and same dps
see the dpp and cost

dpp_20_req.jpg

:(

I'm thinking it might have more to do with consumerism and economy.

The UL Pirons offer an alternative for people whom don't wish to hunt for replacements guns...while still not eating into the Piron (L) guns market for crafters.

:twocents:

Pirons are all looted. But I appreciate there not being a huge volume of high dpp ul guns dropping since it would definitely affect my weapon sales if that were to happen.

could that piron not take a dante? wont that alter things significantly in terms of dps and dpp if it can take a dante while the other 2 guns can not?

could that piron not take a dante? wont that alter things significantly in terms of dps and dpp if it can take a dante while the other 2 guns can not?

dpp_20_req.jpg

Piron PBR-20 Fi/Ra/Co Dante 9.358 1907 28.428 2.591 106.00 106.00 73.67 53.00 39.0 47.89

sadly not "significantly" no

The ark 20 can take a dante anyway, that's probably where I would put my money. In some situations though a dpp decrease in exchange for a dps boost isn't out of the question. Extra dps at the cost of dpp is the whole reason I decided to go blp over laser ;)

imagine this piron, 88m range @ 2.9+
would be very nice
instead got a HOF when u loot it and "what what what ? blah... crap"

MA f***** Ark tho

and still :
edit : and who decides to make weapon stats ? MA or Ark dev ?

Yeah it's horrible. I have a PBR-25 and I love it :D

Not everyone focuses on eco in hunting. Good to have a little variation.

Those stats have to be wrong, 2.4 dpp for a sib gun is just complete garbage efficiency.

It is correct. Issue is same for gravis. Ark wanted cheap alternatives for lower players to have ul weapons. The Piron offers above avg dps for subpar dpp.

Perhaps, you can think of reasons why you would want low dpp (there are).

imagine this piron, 88m range @ 2.9+
would be very nice
instead got a HOF when u loot it and "what what what ? blah... crap"

MA f***** Ark tho

and still :

Stop blaming ma. MA didn't have anything to do with this. Ark designed this weapon.

Chris | Arkadia said:
Yes this is intended for the weapon to be an old school UL nonsib weapon. We chose to use the skill requirements the weapons would have had if they wore sib weapons in naming them to give them some different names and also show what it would roughly equal in firepower.

Source. He was talking about Gravis, but most likely it's the same situation with the pirons.

I don't know why you're so mad about this, if you don't like the stats don't use the weapon. It would be a pretty boring world if all weapons were the same.

I don't know why you're so mad about this, if you don't like the stats don't use the weapon. It would be a pretty boring world if all weapons were the same.

lol ?
who is mad ? thx for great contribution mate !
"I don't know why you're so mad about this, if you don't like the subject don't read the thread. It would be a pretty boring world if all people were the same"

Stop blaming ma. MA didn't have anything to do with this. Ark designed this weapon.

don't be "mad" :)confused:) Mr MA's Atomic Lawyer Counsel
i know you will always fight for / advocate MA
(and i don't blame you)
BUT this :

and who decides to make weapon stats ? MA or Ark dev ?

is a Question, not a "blame"

It's because Caly keeps all the good stuff for themselves, duh.

Besides a few smugglers on ARK, some ranked on CY, and 3 gazungas TEN's and some kong guns on RT, MA (Caly) is just all like "fuck all y'all"

There should be mobs on all planets that can drop ALL items.

Zoos!

Have zoo's filled with all the mobs from the other planets...

ND tried this but MA nerfs the loot and removes the good stuff. Basically it is the shittiest thing MA has ever done. Total dick move. Period.

Last edited:
It's because Caly keeps all the good stuff for themselves, duh.
Cold hard truth and people are turning a blind eye to it, accepting it, or otherwise generally oblivious.
I wish this was not the case and that MA would treat all PP's fairly. But it's clear as night and day that they don't and ever plan to do that.

It's their own planet, so of course in their mind it must be prioritized and thrive higher than any other. What they fail to realize or just don't care, is that if all planets are treated evenly and fairly, they will start to flourish when all planets flourish it will be great for the whole game and thus themselves. But maybe MA lacks a few brain cells to realize that.

If I was a PP and was treated this way I'd have backed out long ago. So kudos to the remaining ones.

lol ?
who is mad ? thx for great contribution mate !
"I don't know why you're so mad about this, if you don't like the subject don't read the thread. It would be a pretty boring world if all people were the same"

don't be "mad" :)confused:) Mr MA's Atomic Lawyer Counsel
i know you will always fight for / advocate MA
(and i don't blame you)
BUT this :

is a Question, not a "blame"

Perhaps you missed your comment here, for which I. as responding..

MA f***** Ark tho

So yea keep the snide in check.

As to gravis quote, the Piron are the same situation because I asked them. It is a cheaper alternative. Not everything has to be eco because being eco isn't always best. In fact, these type of weapons have a very powerful benefit in early levels but I'll let you figure out why.

Think what you want. I would never throw my life away as a lawyer.

*laughs*

Don't misunderstand my telling of facts and truth instead of emotivism and nonsense to be defending mindark. The majority of crap players bash them for lacks any intelligence. But that's another subject altogether.

Back