#VoteNEVERDIE President of Virtual Reality Campaign Art! Vote Now!

All the best rl presidents have been quiet calculate intelligent people. Not holywood stars blinded by their own reflection in the mirror lol
We had this nice little Cold War for decades. All the presidents were quietly calculating how long exactly would the nuclear winter last... and then this Hollywood star comes and puts an end to this. Quite irresponsible indeed. :smoke:

Question to neverdie:

How can you expect us trusting you after you broke rules multiple times?
Let's just start with:
- using your avatar for hunting and crafting when PP were forbidden to play the game?

Any PR is ok if it produce expected results.
This campaign per see is new to community and raise many questions because MA did not explain it well.

- How many participants have voting right?
- Maybe is time for MA to stop hiding number of active players.
- So how many with voting rights and who gave them those rights and under what rules and who will check that?
- What is balance between participants weighted vote who decided that and based on what rules and who will check that?
- When participants will get info of their single vote weight?
One need to know it before to think to go to vote if his single vote is worth 1 vote or is worth 1 vote + votes of his 10 alts, forum and other social activity, planet ownership and other.
- Are participants of all mentioned parts, company's ect aware that they have to vote like those from tycon, compet WoW and what not?
- Who will control that voting is running without cheating and who will check voting results.
- How many participants of all who have voting rights need to actually vote that voting will be valid?
And so on...

Seem MA jumped too fast on horse leaving us in dark to laugh on not so prepared PR.
C'mon MA you want president, tell us number of active participants in EU.

How many participants have voting right?
- Maybe is time for MA to stop hiding number of active players.

It might actually be fun getting into a PVP battle with an MA Official Census Worker.

These and your other questions are spot on and I wonder them myself. Considering that voting closes in March, there are so many unanswered questions.

Fire Away with your Questions! This seems like a good a thread for it.

Tiewaz - Question to neverdie:

Let's just start with:

- using your avatar for hunting and crafting when PP were forbidden to play the game?

Some laws are passed, that should and do apply to things that come after the law is passed.
Sometimes things are Grandfathered in, in the event that they were established before the law was passed.

You see alot of this in Housing. Where somethings were built before codes were changed

Stopping casually playing my Avatar was not something I was going to do , just because of taking on the task of being a Planet partner...

I dont like Undercover avatars at all, At least when I do something as NEVERDIE, you know whats up.. I Like to play a bit, Im not after making a profit, I just like to feel the Universe and I like being me. Otherwise how would I run a campaign "I AM MY AVATAR" if Im not My Avatar.. If I was a Fake Avatar??

I stood up to MA and I stood up to the haters and I play my avatar, because that's fundemental to me...

So in answer to your question?

You can trust I will break rules, if I feel I need to.

I might be cynical but isn't the "president" just going to be a shield for the dung players would throw at MA?
Basically you are paying 1K$ USD and spend time rallying; just to become the ultimate scapegoat.
Well, at least I hope you find a way to make money out of this Jacob. GL.

I visited Rocktropia once.

That is why you won't get my vote.

CND was banging, but I don't think you could change much there.

:)

San - What are 'your Avatar Rights'? Creating a campaign for something which is not defined is putting the cart before the horse.

Okay this exactly the point . Let's start with the right to monetize your time as an avatar!

This has been a big issue in MMO's that weren't designed as RCE. Where the Devs objected to trading items
For cash.. In EU the systems are designed to privide methods to monetize our time.

A perfect example is the ability to trade our skills.

Skills accumulate as we spend time engaged. The skills help us hopefully become more efficient therefor rewarding us for time spent accumulating them but also we can monetize the ones we don't need by selling them to another player..

The cart goes before the horse in this instance because I want to encourage future developers to take avatar rights into consideration before hey build the worlds. they should use similar system to those in place in Entropia or they could even work with MindArk to develop those system. Hey maybe we could even connect future universes if they utilize similar avatar databases..

I think virtual worlds with well designed RCE are valuable for the future of the global community.
So let them be designed with the rights of the players in mind...

Hence the cart before the Horse!

Another example of the cart before the horse is this presidential campaign.
We don't yet really have a government, but we are already being asked to vote for a president

Well just putting the government together is a lot of work and its important to engage the whole world even if no one bothers with it. At least they were invited.

In Entropia we have a lot of politics we have players of varying levels, we have planet partners lobbying MindArk and we have MindArk which is made of of a number of people with a lot of different views on where things should go.. We all need to get organized here to work together to make EU strong, we need the democratic voting system in place so the voice of the players can be counted and we need someone to address MindArk and lobby for important issues to be voted on..

I've lobbied MA for years. I've had my fair share of issues with the company. I believe eu needs a president who has more experience with the platform than the CEO and some board members in order to argue important issues... With my first term I would hope to set up the democracy in such a way that future presidents don't need as much experience as I have working with MA.

Reactions: San
Could you please elaborate how you assume to creating 1 billion jobs, i won't vote because of some pics....

Release more details on the true intentions and i will give it a thought and might perhaps forward it to my circle.

Ps. i remember obama's promises, we all know where those ended up.

The Basic Premise is that Virtual Reality Worlds need to be designed in much the same way Entropia Universe is designed with resources that need to be harvested to manufacture all the tools and items, etc..

Second Life wasn't designed like that and so from my point of view it was still a consumer style economy.
This Type of universe drives hunting gathering trading and manufacturing, which in effect creates Jobs...Or in the case of Entropia today professions, most people are self employed in Entropia. But We have jobs that we do not always profitable, but alot of that has to do with the amount of demand.. ( and certain short cuts that have been implemented)

There are large projects that could be undertaken to create more work. In the same way that New Governments often pledge to Build Roads and Bridges etc, to create employment.

The Point is that if Virtual Reality and future Virtual Worlds are developed with the right approach, then The Billion People who will participate in them will all have a Job to do, they will automatically be drawn into the supply and demand economy versus a Future Virtual Reality where developers just want to sell Power Ups to players and the players are just expected to play and get nothing back.

The Point is that if Virtual Reality and future Virtual Worlds are developed with the right approach, then The Billion People who will participate in them will all have a Job to do, they will automatically be drawn into the supply and demand economy versus a Future Virtual Reality where developers just want to sell Power Ups to players and the players are just expected to play and get nothing back.

Unfortunately, this seems to be the road MA is starting down.

@Neverdie

Please tell us what this position is....exactly. MA haven't told us a thing yet.

Rgds

Ace

Hi Ace, I think the most detail is in this release. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/virtual-reality-presidential-race-begins-300179570.html

But I would say its in the hands of whomever is taking on the job, what the position is... This is not a well established Government where a Schedule is going to be handed to the newly elected Prez...

This is a situation Where the President of Virtual Reality has to find a way to build the government, work hard to gain Credibility with the Real World and other worlds etc...

In terms of Entropia Universe, my handle on it will be that we get the Democratic Voting system in so that all of the players can vote on key issues,. The Prez Might lobby the Players to support an issue to vote on and Lobby Mindark to agree to honor the Vote...Or The Players may Lobby the President to fight for changes or champion a cause with either Mindark or the World.

Right now when the players are not Happy you start threads hoping MA will listen... The Democracy will provide us with better tools for that. The President can debate issues face to Face with the Mindark Board.. (Congress)

Bottom Line is that this Presidential Position will be defined by whomever becomes the President and how much that person invests themselves in that position. Future presidents at least will have a starting point...

For Now just hand this first President a machete and let him cut his way through Virtual Jungle.

I like this idea of creating virtual jobs. Inevitably more and more real life jobs will disappear due to automation and progress and i think EU can play a role in providing an interesting and financially rewarding experience with the formation of virtual jobs.

I feel the formation of jobs whereby an avatar can gain a pre-agreed financial reward for a certain investment of time will also stabilises the economy against the randomness of the current hunting/mining/crafting systems. Perhaps these professions will also provide serious business opportunities for investment of time.

For example: the current mining system if i invest time I might one day get an ATH but imagine a future whereby 50-60 people of different professions (maybe even using RL knowledge and expertise) engage in a surveying activity for several months, maybe even a year or more, but eventually they can pretty much guarantee the ATH when they drill the hole... The survey would be funded by some virtual company that would take the risk in employing the correct people and skills to find the mineral reserve and the people would be paid for their time. For those financing the survey the risk can be a calculated one rather than a random one and for those working on the project the reward would be guaranteed for their time. This money would then flow back into the EU economy doing fun activities or for building up their virtual lives.

Once one forms the first few jobs more and more jobs will naturally come into being. Make a few hundred and a billion will make themselves. Once people start to have a guaranteed disposable virtual income they will naturally seek opportunities to spend it just like in real life and some of them will create virtual companies to help people do this and employee more people as a result.

Think of a time where buildings and business aren't just spawned into auction and bought and spawned into the world but built by those who invest in the resources and the labour. It is a different form of risk to the current model but one I think would be far more exciting and rewarding.

This is why we need virtual jobs and a billion of them.

Neverdie,

This sounds like an interesting project you started here and I guess yes I'd vote for you. But the question needs to be asked: Will you refund all money to anyone else who may give you that 1,000usd? From the stating this project just seemed a wee bit odd almost sounded as if it was a scam not knowing then it was one of your projects.

I did kind of think that it my have been your project since I found one of the companies was titled POPtropia which only you have given your planet this title. :)

(yes we need to rename it.cool sounded.)

so_you_want_to_be_president_.jpg

Have you read the manual? :cool:

If being president helps promote and bring more people and success to EU then i give my whole hearted support to you ND. After all in all the years it's you who has imo done the most to promote the game/universe whenever you have been able, and still have enthusiasm and energy to give to helping MA.

Good luck with it all :)

Dibbler

OZtwo says:

Neverdie,

This sounds like an interesting project you started here and I guess yes I'd vote for you. But the question needs to be asked: Will you refund all money to anyone else who may give you that 1,000usd? From the stating this project just seemed a wee bit odd almost sounded as if it was a scam not knowing then it was one of your projects.

I did kind of think that it my have been your project since I found one of the companies was titled POPtropia which only you have given your planet this title.

(yes we need to rename it.cool sounded.)

Thanks for the Possible Vote OZ, the $1,000 Dollars registration fee is the amount set by Mindark to create a barrier to entry, so that people don't bother to run for Prez unless they are truly committed... Of course POPtropia and all the other EU Planets are part of the initial coalition as they are all in support of RCE and Avatar rights... I prefer to use POPtropia these days as opposed to ROCKtropia as ROCK can sometimes be limiting. I was never intending to only bring Rock Iconography to the platform...

I haven't read the Manual yet Mega, but it looks good! Already I can see that this is gonna be a roller coaster ride.

Thanks Norbert, I really appreceate the encouragement. I believe the idea of a President of Virtual Reality has potential to engage the outside world. A lot of people and companies now entering the Virtual Reality industry wont feel that it applies to what they are doing and others may not want to dignify it, but tha'ts part of the battle and People can be won over... Its not just about Entropia, but I do believe we are the most sophisticated Virtual Reality platform...
We need Government, we need to Protect the investments and Avatar rights, because Investment is encouraged on this platform. Its not a subscription Game.. Alot of the entities now entering Virtual Reality are high on the venture capital or the Excitement of a new industry, but Reality will hit eventually and they will have to find a way to survive... Like we have for over a decade... for those companies where there is a common ground, a coalition may help them as much as it will help the players.

Right on Matthew!

Last edited:
Thank you for answering my question Neverdie.

Four harder ones:

1. What date did you pay $1000 (or is it only payable on election) ?

2. Do you have a Vice President?

3. Is it a job for life or do you need to be re-elected?

4. Is a Virtual President impeachable if found guilty of improper conduct?

Fire Away with your Questions! This seems like a good a thread for it.

Tiewaz - Question to neverdie:

Let's just start with:

Some laws are passed, that should and do apply to things that come after the law is passed.
Sometimes things are Grandfathered in, in the event that they were established before the law was passed.

You see alot of this in Housing. Where somethings were built before codes were changed

Stopping casually playing my Avatar was not something I was going to do , just because of taking on the task of being a Planet partner...

I dont like Undercover avatars at all, At least when I do something as NEVERDIE, you know whats up.. I Like to play a bit, Im not after making a profit, I just like to feel the Universe and I like being me. Otherwise how would I run a campaign "I AM MY AVATAR" if Im not My Avatar.. If I was a Fake Avatar??

I stood up to MA and I stood up to the haters and I play my avatar, because that's fundemental to me...

So in answer to your question?

You can trust I will break rules, if I feel I need to.

Those rules that you refused to accept, and continue to break, were put in place in order to prevent corruption and to protect against conflicts of interest.

The fact that you consider yourself above the law is just one of the reasons why many, perhaps the majority, of EU players, choose not to play on your planet.

Last edited:
Those rules that you refused to accept, and continue to break, were put in place in order to prevent corruption and to protect against conflicts of interest.

The fact that you consider yourself above the law is just one of the many reasons why many, perhaps the majority, of EU players, choose not to play on your planet.

So you would prefer him to have a secret Avater like MA employers?

So you would prefer him to have a secret Avater like MA employers?

Those "secret" avatars are also governed by rules designed to prevent corruption and conflict of interest. I would prefer him to abide by those rules.

Similarly his staff and anyone that he employs to do work on behalf of Rocktropia should abide by those rules, which is something else that's never happened.

Ok i checked the web site and read FAQ there...

where can i vote for: "i do not want any president at all..."

To me it seems like a really wierd experiment that MA is trying out... in my opinion it will be fail.

Falagor
:bandit:

where can i vote for: "i do not want any president at all..."

If on April 1st I login with a Dialog box with 1 candidate and no "None of the above" option, I'll probably be angry.

And I'm all out of cheap shirts that split down the middle. :D

Those "secret" avatars are also governed by rules designed to prevent corruption and conflict of interest. I would prefer him to abide by those rules.

Similarly his staff and anyone that he employs to do work on behalf of Rocktropia should abide by those rules, which is something else that's never happened.

The only rule he is breaking as i can see is that he is not using a secret avatar. Like he said he is not profiting from using his avatar. He uses mainly to test the system live and interact with the community.

The only rule he is breaking as i can see is that he is not using a secret avatar. Like he said he is not profiting from using his avatar. He uses mainly to test the system live and interact with the community.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. You've accepted, as he has, that he is breaking the rules. From his earlier posts in this thread it appears that he is happy to do so and to admit that he is happy to do so. The number of rules broken, or the purpose for continually breaking them, are not relevant to my point.

I recognise that as one of the beneficiaries of the corruption and conflict of interest you are personally keen to defend an indefensible situation, which is a perfect illustration of the problems we are faced with.

the only thing i want to know what you can you do that ma couldnt do before instead of you giving you a name for president

till now they doo a very poor job cominication when there a problem that arise

is the president replacing someone in the office that made decision

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. You've accepted, as he has, that he is breaking the rules. From his earlier posts in this thread it appears that he is happy to do so and to admit that he is happy to do so. The number of rules broken, or the purpose for continually breaking them, are not relevant to my point.

I recognise that as one of the beneficiaries of the corruption and conflict of interest you are personally keen to defend an indefensible situation, which is a perfect illustration of the problems we are faced with.

Haha In what way do i benefit from him not not using a secret avatar?

The good news:

Take your time with the replies to those 4 questions ND, I didn't expect a fast response.

The bad news:

I have 4 more questions.

:smoke:

It all boils down to this one question:

why?

Back