#VoteNEVERDIE President of Virtual Reality Campaign Art! Vote Now!

Thanks for the Possible Vote OZ, the $1,000 Dollars registration fee is the amount set by Mindark to create a barrier to entry, so that people don't bother to run for Prez unless they are truly committed... Of course POPtropia and all the other EU Planets are part of the initial coalition as they are all in support of RCE and Avatar rights... I prefer to use POPtropia these days as opposed to ROCKtropia as ROCK can sometimes be limiting. I was never intending to only bring Rock Iconography to the platform...

http://www.presidentofvirtualreality.com/

Not to dig to deep here but with Mindark having it's own web server and on top of that it's own DNS servers why would they be hosting anything of theirs on GoDaddy.com? On top of that why would the CEO of Mindark be in the whois records? When looking at the info the CEO of Mindark is the only contact name given (yes all even his email address). On top of all this this site is asking for 1,000USD. So sorry this can't be a mindark website/project and I hope all will go well.

Last edited:
Those "secret" avatars are also governed by rules designed to prevent corruption and conflict of interest. I would prefer him to abide by those rules.
You seem to forget who made the rules, who monitors the activities of the secret avatars and who made the exception in ND's case.

Yes we get it, u didn't like MA's decision and would overrule it if only u could.
Just imagine all those nice things u could do if u had just a little bit of power... ;)

But u don't. Lets keep it that way.

Those "secret" avatars are also governed by rules designed to prevent corruption and conflict of interest. I would prefer him to abide by those rules.

Similarly his staff and anyone that he employs to do work on behalf of Rocktropia should abide by those rules, which is something else that's never happened.

You seem to forget who made the rules, who monitors the activities of the secret avatars and who made the exception in ND's case.

Yes we get it, u didn't like MA's decision and would overrule it if only u could.
Just imagine all those nice things u could do if u had just a little bit of power... ;)

But u don't. Lets keep it that way.

Oleg for Prez, lol jokes,

Is there actually even another serious candidate yet?

Oleg for Prez, lol jokes,

Is there actually even another serious candidate yet?

Taco was/is thinking about it I think :)

Questions from MEGA

Four harder ones:

1. What date did you pay $1000 (or is it only payable on election)

Payable when the Ballot is ready , should be soon. Want to sponsor me?

2. Do you have a Vice President?

One of my campaign consultants recommended Bruce Boxleitner The Original Tron.
But I think we might have to wait for the 2nd term so there might be a budget.

3. Is it a job for life or do you need to be re-elected?

According to the press release, it's a 4 Year term. Which I agree gives someone time to accomplish goals.
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/virtual-reality-presidential-race-begins-300179570.html

4. Is a Virtual President impeachable if found guilty of improper conduct?

I guess that will depend on what real powers might be vested in the President in the future. To begin with it appears that the president must be willing to donate their own time to champion their Vision..
But measures like that might eventually get put in place.

A few stats regarding ROCKtropia.. It grew by 60% in 2015 over 2014.. fell short by a few hundred dollars of its biggest year on record which was 2012. But the difference being in 2012 is that the overheads were higher. So it's more streamlined and cost efficient now..

Also Affiliate revenue from ROCKtropia Accounts has grown every year since launch so it is going in the right direction.

CND was nowhere near as rich as ROCKtropia in terms of content or as a creative canvas. It also was limited in its earning potential where as ROCKtropia is fully scalable.

If I could go back in time to 2007 or 2000, or 1995 or 1990 or 1985 and Show myself ROCKtropia and say hey you will create this in the future, but marketing it will be even harder than making it! Are you up for it?

I would have said Hell Yeah!!

I love this whole Universe, I want it to be better, But I still love it!

Is it easy to market? No, things are very competitive out there... Some of u may not like me or my style that's to be expected. I'm a bit whack, I'm a performer, I make alot of mistakes.. I wish you would Champion this Universe so I could sit back and Chill, but that's not happening is it?

Its really tough to stay at the forefront of the game, to keep re-inventing yourself, to keep putting yourself out there to fight for what you love.. I wake up very often and think what the Hell am I doing? Is this gonna Work? But I remember having those same thoughts right before some of my greatest successes.. You have to push through doubts if u want to accomplish anything...

A few stats regarding ROCKtropia.. It grew by 60% in 2015 over 2014.. fell short by a few hundred dollars of its biggest year on record which was 2012. But the difference being in 2012 is that the overheads were higher. So it's more streamlined and cost efficient now..

Also Affiliate revenue from ROCKtropia Accounts has grown every year since launch so it is going in the right direction.

CND was nowhere near as rich as ROCKtropia in terms of content or as a creative canvas. It also was limited in its earning potential where as ROCKtropia is fully scalable.

If I could go back in time to 2007 or 2000, or 1995 or 1990 or 1985 and Show myself ROCKtropia and say hey you will create this in the future, but marketing it will be even harder than making it! Are you up for it?

I would have said Hell Yeah!!

I love this whole Universe, I want it to be better, But I still love it!

Is it easy to market? No, things are very competitive out there... Some of u may not like me or my style that's to be expected. I'm a bit whack, I'm a performer, I make alot of mistakes.. I wish you would Champion this Universe so I could sit back and Chill, but that's not happening is it?

Its really tough to stay at the forefront of the game, to keep re-inventing yourself, to keep putting yourself out there to fight for what you love.. I wake up very often and think what the Hell am I doing? Is this gonna Work? But I remember having those same thoughts right before some of my greatest successes.. You have to push through doubts if u want to accomplish anything...

I don't visit RT often, it's nothing personal it just doesn't appeal to me as much as other places. That said I can't deny the good work you have done for the planet and this platform as a whole, so you are to be commended on that front.

My question is, being as close as you are to the workings of your planet, how do you envisage separating your vested interests there with the responsibilities of this new position? Are you willing to give an assurance to us, that if you are elected you will represent all participants equally regardless of their planet?

I'm sure i'll have other questions later but that's a start ;)

Fire Away with your Questions! This seems like a good a thread for it.

Tiewaz - Question to neverdie:

How can you expect us trusting you after you broke rules multiple times?
Let's just start with:

- using your avatar for hunting and crafting when PP were forbidden to play the game?

Some laws are passed, that should and do apply to things that come after the law is passed.
Sometimes things are Grandfathered in, in the event that they were established before the law was passed.

You see alot of this in Housing. Where somethings were built before codes were changed

Stopping casually playing my Avatar was not something I was going to do , just because of taking on the task of being a Planet partner...

I dont like Undercover avatars at all, At least when I do something as NEVERDIE, you know whats up.. I Like to play a bit, Im not after making a profit, I just like to feel the Universe and I like being me. Otherwise how would I run a campaign "I AM MY AVATAR" if Im not My Avatar.. If I was a Fake Avatar??

I stood up to MA and I stood up to the haters and I play my avatar, because that's fundemental to me...

So in answer to your question?

You can trust I will break rules, if I feel I need to.

“All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.”
― George Orwell, Animal Farm

:silly2:

I wish you would Champion this Universe so I could sit back and Chill, but that's not happening is it?

The cynics still think this is all about money for you. But I highly doubt that. There are many much easier ways to grow your wealth that don't involve devoting your life to a virtual sci-fi MMO.

We all want this universe to grow, but you're the only one who's put his time, money and tireless effort where his mouth is. Ignore the haters! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

The cynics still think this is all about money for you. But I highly doubt that. There are many much easier ways to grow your wealth that don't involve devoting your life to a virtual sci-fi MMO.

We all want this universe to grow, but you're the only one who's put his time, money and tireless effort where his mouth is. Ignore the haters! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Putting all else aside this is so true. Neverdie is apart of EU and EU wouldn't be as it is today without him.

Erhm, how do we vote for anyone if there is only one person standing for election?

Or am I missing someone?

Erhm, how do we vote for anyone if there is only one person standing for election?

Or am I missing someone?

Well that's the other issue here. If there was to be a true vote for president open to all games at the end it wouldn't really work out for MA or any of the EU player base since PEDs would soon be voted out to be replaced by a subscription based game or such. :)

My guess is that this is all linking to the up coming release of the CLD voting system MA said would be here soon and they are playing into the release with a true vote for president.

For this to work, we really can't have just any player be president since well they wouldn't be paid and it would be a full time job. What MA needs to think about is opening this up to only the PP owners. This way we have an in game active president who represent something other than thin air.

And with that, I vote Neverdie to be our first president!

(then again we really need to hear form MA to see if this is real or just some marketing fun ND is having.)

I wasn't planning to respond to any of this or vote for you, but I realised by never voicing anything I felt I definitely wasn't helping steer anything in a direction that did appeal to me, so I have a few questions and some stuff to say.

Firstly as someone of a similar disposition and equally passionate about my own creative field (I'm an author), I genuinely believe you ND when you say you care about this game and what happens to it, and I think it's great that you are sticking to your passion.

I am concerned about a couple of things, however. As Oleg brought up there have been quite a few rumours that you've broken rules MA set in place on several occassions. In the case of you playing your avatar I think that's fairly minor and can see why you chose to break that rule. But it's still your justification alone that holds up that rule breaking. And you've mentioned before that you've made mistakes. So I'd like to know, what level of accountability will there be for you personally when it comes to your decisions (to break rules or otherwise) to ensure that you don't wrongly justify your actions or make mistakes with dire consequences for honest players?

My other major concern comes down quite simply to my gender. I'm a rl female playing a female avatar, and often the gaming world can be very sexist. Entropia generally has been a little less sexist than some games, but the attitude to female npcs, pets and the concerns of women playing this game, coming from your planet specifically, has seemed far more sexist than usual here. As a female voter, how can I be sure that I would be voting in the direction of more equal treatment if I voted for you?

Last edited:
OK, thought some things might be obvious bit it seems it doesn't quite work unless u spell it out.

NEVERDIE buying the asteroid and the incredible success story that followed made the headlines across the world.
He ended up being the first virtual character who made it to the Guinness World Records and happens to be the sole reason why half the players here found the game in the first place.

Which means this avatar is NOT equal to anyone else. If u imagine your little collection of pixels is even comparable u have certain mental problems.

To spell it out exactly, this specific avatar is a business asset. Killing it off just like that would be, how to put it mildly... "not very wise" a move? It would, most likely, qualify for the Darwin Awards thou. To be the 1st virtual character to make it to this list would be an unique achievement, no doubt. If u seriously think this is a good call, u most likely would qualify yourself.

For all the ppl who're constantly worried oh maybe someone would misuse their power (nothing wrong with that, mind you) - then think about this:
Your a PP, with access to certain tools and databases others don't have. If u also hellbent to cheat the system for personal profit, would u use ur own avatar to do it?
Get an easy HoF, pocket a few hundred bucks... and then what? Risking u will be caught by MA is the smallest concern, ur name will be all over the HoF list and the vigilante army will drag ur corpse all over the forums destroying your business worth millions.

It's like u hate your neighbor and wanna pay him back by running down his mailbox... using a Bentley.
Neighbor will fix his mailbox for $10 you will fix your car for 10 grand. If I was this neighbor I would set up 5 new mailboxes the next day and ask this guy How's your car repairs going? While desperately trying not to laugh.

Incidentally, this is what I'm trying to do right now... :laugh:

In this troubled world, I pray the Lord to keep,
Keep hatred from the mighty, and the mighty from the small

Or am I missing someone?

Lets face it no one else is going to fork out $1k for this as most people see this a joke. So its his sole responsibility to make this this position over the next 4 years actually worth someone else standing up and putting their money in to show they are serious about this job. Now people saying what if corrupt or do something dodgy its still MA who has the true power. Now we know they are MA is dodgy as fuck anyway just look at recent cock with last years MM. He got to make foundations for the job first to become worth while and to make ligate if he don't then he would of wasted a lot time and money.

RT was a great planet to visit. Love the whole idea and look forward for your success :yay:

If there is to be a president, I would much rather have McCormick than DJ HoundDog/ John Jacobs / Neverdie.

I'd much rather have someone who isn't associated with EU otherwise it's just another failed publicity stunt that will be quickly forgotten about.

I'd much rather have someone who isn't associated with EU otherwise it's just another failed publicity stunt that will be quickly forgotten about.

pewdiepie for president :scratch2:
Well, that would be a publicity stunt

Well like I have said before no one out side of the game is going to be interested in it at the moment. Its up to the first president to make the position worth paying for and for it stand for. Just like EU (European Union) that started in in 1945 with only Belgium, Germany, France, Italy, Luxembourg and the Netherlands, but grew to 28 countries over time. Its the president job as well as dealing with MA for t5he players, but also get other company's to join and sign up.

This morning (4 Am) while I was getting ready for work ND was saying in chat that he will be canvassing for election and promoting the game at two conventions I know one was the Sundance film festival can't remember the other one. So love or hate the bloke at least he trying to do something and paying for it out of his own pocket. Is anyone doing anything like this? Or are you just sat on arse playing the game, moaning on forum about crap the game is, how you wont recommend it it to your friends, how MA don't do no marketing.

I personally think this is a good idea depending on the format. For instance i am a bit worried that one person being president could potential mold their values and ideas into a game consciously or subconsciously. It would need to be more then one person from different backgrounds from mining, pvp, space, hunting, crafting etc. Best type of format I seen was what eve online has with the csm.

Why im mentioning the above is because, I am sorry neverdie but i will be open and honest about it, rt really doesn’t float my boat I avoid it like the plague. But with that being said I do think your one of the people who I think could potentially bring in more players get entropia universe back on track. While some say, well he is working with ma this would not be a good option, I see you still play the game. Who best to come up with ideas, solutions and be the middleman to problems from which ma and player base don’t agree on. You have the knowledge and the know how of both the business prospective and the player prospective.

I think one the reason why I started a few years back again was I heard two story's. One was a guy funding his college education through gaming and the other was you. I see a future in Real Cash economy’s in Virtual Reality just not in entropia platform atm. You know I see one day people using Oculus Rift to do their shopping etc. What a better way for company's to take advantage of this tech to sell products and show promos instead of looking at a wall of text, pictures and the endless clicking. Sounds far fetched but so was project entropia and the story's that came out from it. I just wish ma capitalize on their platform a bit more but then again if any of above happened they wouldn’t be interested in the game.

Anyway before I go off topic even more I will most likely vote you but I have serious doubts about one person doing this.

shaun27

I think I saw an earlier post say half of all of us were here because of the CND sale, and without question it made news across all sorts of MMORPG forums. I had already heard of an island being bought by Deathifier though.

Ok then Neverdie, and dont take this as me being mean to you, but you've seen those press conferences on the White House lawn.

Tough questions get asked of the president, I'm sure you realised it was in the 'Job Description'

I'm not scared of Neomaven (711), I'm not scared of a Super Moderator (Serica) and I'm not afraid of our one presidential candidate (Neverdie)

5. Who would you consider your greatest competition - David Dobson, Star, Taco [Mystery X Person]?

6. What is the No.1 priority you would seek to address / improve upon becoming President? Society terminal maybe?

7. Do you have a strategy for attracting players from other MMORPG's to Entropia?

8. As President do you think you would be able to treat all the planets in the Entropia Universe equally?

Mega.

i just dont think a planet partner representative (planet owner) would be the best president for players.

Just sad that two months in and no one else seems to be either trying or being allowed to stand against ND.

Without at least two serious contenders it will be written off as a PR stunt which in our hearts most of us know that's already happened.

Just sad that two months in and no one else seems to be either trying or being allowed to stand against ND.

Without at least two serious contenders it will be written off as a PR stunt which in our hearts most of us know that's already happened.

Maybe I should run for prez?

Marie asks..

I am concerned about a couple of things, however. As Oleg brought up there have been quite a few rumours that you've broken rules MA set in place on several occassions. In the case of you playing your avatar I think that's fairly minor and can see why you chose to break that rule. But it's still your justification alone that holds up that rule breaking. And you've mentioned before that you've made mistakes.

So I'd like to know, what level of accountability will there be for you personally when it comes to your decisions (to break rules or otherwise) to ensure that you don't wrongly justify your actions or make mistakes with dire consequences for honest players?

As far as accountability, If I'm in a position where accountability is an issue. Then I'm going to have to answer for my actions to the players or MA... I would expect that..

I'm not running for a position that pre-exists, I'm running for a Position that will be defined during this first term.
I would like to use all my experience thus far to make the most of the position both from the standpoint of reaching out to the World and to empower Entropia players in playing a role in the direction of the Universe, using the Democratic system to Vote on important issues and for electing people to represent their interests...
If we are going to be relevant in Virtual Reality, we have to be more than a game. We have to be the first true Virtual Reality, we have to be self governing, we have to work together as the Citizens of Entropia to fight for a better Universe and to Help MA make the right decisions. We gotta get organized. MA is encouraging this by supporting this election. This is a Great opportunity for everyone in the Universe...

I don't expect you or anyone who might think ill of me or not share my taste, to vote for me. I would say don't Vote at all if you don't have anyone to Vote for. On many occasions I would have had no interest in Voting for any of the people running in the US or the UK..

But don't let me Spoil it for you. Just watch me make my mistakes, Vote on issues through the system when its introduced and hope that after me, If I do become president, someone you like better comes along to show us all how its really done.. But either way, I'm willing to blaze the trail and show what this position can be, in some areas I maybe stronger than others... I'm sure the people who might feel they have it in them will learn from my mistakes.

----------------------

My other major concern comes down quite simply to my gender. I'm a rl female playing a female avatar, and often the gaming world can be very sexist. Entropia generally has been a little less sexist than some games, but the attitude to female npcs, pets and the concerns of women playing this game, coming from your planet specifically, has seemed far more sexist than usual here. As a female voter, how can I be sure that I would be voting in the direction of more equal treatment if I voted for you?

Okay obviously my planet does feature alot of scantily clad NPC's ... Female and Male. Hopefully you are aware there is now a half naked Boxer on Rocktropia that can be trained...

I know they are part of the Pet system, but i dont view them as Pets, we are just limited to the systems provided by MA... The Vixens Are androids and yes they do act as companions buy you have save them from being trafficed by the Demon Hackers to earn their affection., The Dhampyres only befriend you if you fight the werewolves and the Boxers are looking for trainers to help them with thier careers...

I agree the whips are a bit much, but it will take some coding from MA to add alternative instruments.. We can Vote on that maybe in the future.. :)

My planet is a Pop culture Planet so I wanted to have a few Video Vixens here and there, they just got out of hand and took over the place. I like that The Universe does have its seedy corner, I think it adds diversity. Secondlife was filled with voluptuous scanitily clad avatars..

I definately have an affinity for the Femme Fatale, and I think Sexuality is something to enjoy and celebrate. But i think that 99% of Women who know me, would say that I have the greatest respect for women.. Ive spent my life supporting strong women in their efforts to grow and be bold and express themselves. My mothers is a hard working bread winner, So Its innate in me to respect Women for what they can do. I see all humans as Equal, Gender, Sexuality, race, etc, etc... I may appear to objectify Women to some extent, but if you take a look at my Movie Lucinda's Spell, which is very silly you can watch it on You tube... its a story of female Empowerment.
I'm just a bit raunchy in my tastes, but not to the exclusion of everything else.

But don't let me Spoil it for you. Just watch me make my mistakes, Vote on issues through the system when its introduced and hope that after me, If I do become president, someone you like better comes along to show us all how its really done.. But either way, I'm willing to blaze the trail and show what this position can be, in some areas I maybe stronger than others... I'm sure the people who might feel they have it in them will learn from my mistakes.

My guess here is that this is all about the new voting system that was planned with the introduction of the CLDs? Can you give us any date on when this first "vote" will take place?

I sure hope that 1) MA isn't testing the waters to see if we want a voting system by using this as a test; and 2) they are not going to use this as a way to pay for the voting system.

I say this since well if they are using this to test the waters well sorry it's kind of hard to test the waters if you are asking us to pay $1,000 to be apart of the beta test.

If you are wanting us to pay for this, then please change to $100 then more would we willing to support MA. -- I'm still thinking this was a communication error here not understanding what 1,000PED was and put out $1,000 on the website?

Last edited:
Back