Merry Mayhem 2015 Results - Solo Category

At level 75, I average 10k points for any 40-hour contest (consistently). Seeing as how 90% of players in EU aren't over level 75, it's not a surprise to see the same ubers prevail over and over again. Those 25 levels I don't have cut my score to 10% of the winning scores. Seems legit :laugh:

Ok, yes it seems right. Thanks for the help. I always forget the extra 30 seconds. :)

I think its called "foreplay" ;)

Congratulations to the Solo 15 winners!

No Kaotics in the winners list for MM 2015, and if it is a list of 30 next year it is likely to stay that way.

However, plenty of non-top 10 society players competed on a casual basis and on the basis of CLD payouts - profitted so lets see what happens next year!

Honestly - the event stank. Absolutely no incentive for lower/mid level players to "compete". The loot wasn't great and we didn't stand a chance. How difficult can it be to put on a fair event?

If this is an uber w**kfest for ubers then tell us and we will all get the f**k out of her and you can just play with each other. This game will never grow with this kind of focus from our MAster (bators)

EU can never really have a "fair" contest as most see it from their own persective. If you limit the dps then they'd be accused of nerfing the ubers but doing the opposite rules out the lower skilled and if they tried making everyone equal then they're accused of turning it into a lottery :rolleyes:

I still say a server wide spawn of event mobs where players actually have to search for the mob would be better than an instance where they spawn right in front of the players. Then it comes down to knowledge, effort and skill with no issues entering instances (although I don't remember hearing about any this year but I might have missed them).

Have different mobs for each category, like Arks contaminated / mutated mobs, and make them drop tokens unique to each type that are untradeable and allow the player to register one type for their skill level only.

The dps would be a factor when actually shooting but as you'd also have more time between mobs it might give others a chance, with sports just because a team has the biggest bank role doesn't mean they'll win. Seeing as the original goal of the event was to get people playing it might actually encourage some to start depositing again.

But then may be a contest isn't what people want.

Will there be a bigger list i.e. the top 100 or they not bothering?

It's all ready a pain in the ass to find Eomons as they wander around and they don't even move far and they move in big packs ^^ The last thing I want to do when I login is waste time doing nothing (searching for mobs). If you enjoy wasting your time I suggest to go to space or watch paint dry.

Place - Avatar Name - Points - Normalized Score - Prize(s)
  • 1 - Gaina Messi91 Cristi - 72921 - 105831.73 - Christmas Ring 2015 + 50000 PED Universal Ammo
  • 2 - Helene Helena Fra - 68591 - 101997.56 - Christmas Ring 2015 + 25000 PED Universal Ammo
  • 3 - Morgaine Morg Eveningstar - 65721 - 97703.53 - Christmas Ring 2015 + 10000 PED Universal Ammo
  • 4 - Ringo DRDoom Pow - 65664 - 96639.05 - Christmas Ring 2015 + 5000 PED Universal Ammo
  • 5 - mg Joda VVV VVV - 87588 - 86876.10 - Christmas Ring 2015
  • 6 - MH Grave Digger - 81716 - 80635.26 - Tier Upgrade Token 5
  • 7 - Jenna Star Mercury - 83278 - 80615.99 - Tier Upgrade Token 4
  • 8 - Aurora Linzey Zamperath - 78423 - 74647.59 - Tier Upgrade Token 3
  • 9 - Girts Smilgs Niedra - 69464 - 67385.35 - Tier Upgrade Token 2
  • 10 - James Jimmy Stryker - 62547 - 60800.67 - 10000 PED Universal Ammo
  • 11 - dale Aladding lin - 60516 - 60070.06 - 7500 PED Universal Ammo
  • 12 - Daniel Danimal Diep - 52785 - 52348.76 - 5000 PED Universal Ammo
  • 13 - Ogulak Da Basher - 54490 - 51573.59 - 2500 PED Universal Ammo
  • 14 - Ron Ronny Kovich - 64754 - 48260.10 - 1000 PED Universal Ammo
  • 15 - Fatacuida Lorfat Lorfat - 45760 - 44385.59 - 500 PED Universal Ammo

Gear I used during the event:
- Ethereal Glorious Stars
- HSL 'Nada' Edition
- Spiders level 3 (Complete Set)
Which confirms that noobs can win prizes after all! ;)

OK, so what did I learn from this year's event?

A competition for all players still seems to be for a small population of maybe 20 - 25 avas. While the higher point tokens are biased towards the bigger mobs, this will always be the case.
40 hours of hunting just two mobs types is a hell of a commitment by players, but seems less and less enticing each year this event goes on, regardless of the minor tweaks. Start to reward players for their commitment to the game during this time, not their ability to throw peds at the top mobs.

What would I try and do differently?
Tokens should be truly random across the entire mob base with no favour towards level. How can this event ever be fair to the entire player base otherwise?
Bigger mobs should give the better chance of loot value, not tokens.
The bonus should be in the form of MM items, not a points boost. How can it be fair that a single random event is allowed to have so much bearing on the final outcome??
If players want tokens, focus on turnover of small mobs. If players want loot / items focus on big mobs. If players want a balance, go for a mixed approach. Allow gamecraft and player decisions to have more effect than pedcard and grinding ability.

I am sure there are other things that can be done to level the playing field and I would be interested to hear Star's thoughts on a more balanced event as mentioned in his earlier post.

Do I hunt in MM?
I hunt but can't compete, a very important distinction. I do this because the event clearly drains the loot on every other mob in the game and the only real option is to stop playing for weeks or hunt in MM.

I understand that some will agree and some will disagree with what I have said, but I hope that this thread is only used for constructive thoughts on MM. If you have a thought, get it out here in the forum. The worst suggestion is one that remains unspoken.

Ff

Um, can someone explain why the points are always wrong? They already fixed the one mistake; perhaps there are more?

83278 / 41 hours = 2031.17073
2031.17073 * 40 hours = 81246.8293 <- Where does the normalized score come from?

I ctd 2x in those runs but the timer kept going and I counted them as full hours, so if anything I did LESS time ingame than 41 hours...

I know it is the difference between 6th and 7th; that isn't my point. 2 years ago it cost me 2nd place. What did I calculate incorrectly? Support case sent to see what they say. I have an excel sheet with all runs and points following them, so I didn't miscalculate my time in instance or points...

Grats to the "winners" for your 50% bonus toward prizes as well as your big loots that you already "won" the contest with. Special grats to Joda for getting the 3rd 5k pointer that propelled you to your position of 5th. If I sound salty, I am. I clearly stated why I was salty/upset about the way this contest when it first was announced. Look at the results of FFA and you'll see how much everyone cared.

Maybe MA should let me or other high level players help set up the next event? Then I'm sure the rules will be more fair for all. I would probably end up in 10th in a contest I set up; however, the top 10 would be within 2k points, not 10k of each other (and their normalized scores would all be very close).

Either way, my score looks incorrect as usual so I'd appreciate someone explaining where I went wrong. Maybe I'm just not reading it right? :) Honestly, I could be but I still err on the side of caution when it comes to MA's results.

Pretty sure you made the same mistake you made last year when calculating your time which I explained to you then. You forgot to add the extra minute of time from when you enter the instance.

41 hours is 2501 minutes 83278/2501 = 33.30 33.30 * 2400 minutes =79920

Since you overcalculated time due to crashing that would probably explain the difference between 80616 and 79920 or approx 21 minutes.

Late Gratz to all those who deserve it :)

I've already written my take on this year's MM...Summing it up : Last year cycled ~ 15 k ped and had fun supporting others in cat 2, this year cycled ~ 600 ped I think before math showed there's no point :)

PS: A MM without armor prize is in my opinion not a MM :)

Back