The Good Job and Thanks @ MA thread

Falcon4

Old
Banned
Couldn't find a similar thread (other than the random acts of kindness thread, unrelated), so... I hope I don't hear "this has been done a thousand times"... :p

With all the negativity surrounding MA lately, I think it'd be a good idea to try focusing on what IS done well. Obviously there's a ton of good things about this game, otherwise people wouldn't be playing it, would they? :p

First I'd like to start by thanking MindArk for creating a game that is, to eat up their bandwidth and play the game, completely free. Everything you pay is one hundred percent voluntary. It takes the piracy-induced mindset of "I like it, here, I'll buy it!" to the next level... if you like it, you pay money to make it even better! The fact that they found so many creative ways to keep themselves alive despite the completely free nature of the Entropia Universe is commendable.

The fact that they manage to cram so much area into so small a data-space is also amazing. If they were to actually make every city be remarkably beautiful, the download size would be absolutely gigantic. Think about it: extremely detailed games like Quake 4 have maps the size of one building in PE, and take up uncountable times more space. I think they did a great job balancing visual appeal with space requirements.

The music in the game is often rather enjoyable. Sometimes I turn off Foobar and just let the game music play, because I enjoy it. They got some real nice artists to do music for the game... something I'd be willing to buy the soundtrack of, too. The sounds in the game are also great. Sure, a Snablesnot sounds unmistakably like an elephant, but I think that's one of the few problems I've ever had with the sounds. Other than some bugs, that is... that cause sounds not to play or whatever... it's still cool though. The sound and music quality is quite good - especially for a free game.

There are a ton more great things I thought of earlier, but I forgot while I was writing. Gah. I guess I'll post them later :p

Hope this doesn't turn into an argument thread... if someone thinks something is good, leave it at that. Maybe you can inform them of something in what they said that IS wrong, but don't take it past 4 replies if you can. :p

Got a long way to go, but for what it is, it's a great game! :D

Wow, thats the first ever (i think) positive thread towards MA and the game :)

And i have to agree, other than the known bugs ect, that it is a very well built game. I suppose everything has bugs, and with old bugs gone, always come new ones with the technology constantly changing, it's impossible to make eveyone compatible...

I suppose the only things are in question are the game ethics and goals... awww screw it :) lets have one thread with NO whining what so ever about MA or PE!

:beerchug: :clap: GO Entropia Universe & MA! :wise: :cheer:

Falcon4 said:
I think they did a great job balancing visual appeal with space requirements.

In the words of the Budweiser Chameleons "True, true"

Dom_sufc said:
Wow, thats the first ever (i think) positive thread towards MA and the game :)

There have been a few over the last year or so Dom_sufc :)

Mmmm, its kinda hard to thank them for anything right now when the direction of the game isnt going as they would state in the new mission statement and with recent new bugs making player items go poof and all of the account security issues not to mention adding new oxford when hades should have been focused on for a majour rework, oh and the miss to hit ratio getting even worse.

safara said:
There have been a few over the last year or so Dom_sufc :)

Hehe, lemme guess, the ATH hunters ;)

Not that im implying this thread is, but im sure it's been atempted to 'suck up' to MA before lol. How else would Marco have such high rep on the forum? :laugh:

There are alot of good things With PE!

It might not be perfect, but what is????

... everything can be improved upon even PE.. But there is very good things with PE!

In reply to Neox, #4:*

We know all about the hundreds of problems with PE. But you still play it, don't you? Try to focus on what makes it enjoyable... :p

Sure, they're struggling to keep people involved, but to still continue forward with it instead of just going bankrupt again... I hope, for their sake, that they live up to their word: now that New Oxford, in all its pointless glory, is in the game, they can start to work on refining and fixing what's already in the game. I remember reading that somewhere, probably in the forum, but I dunno...

* - yeah, I stole that concept from another forum. Makes things a lot cleaner looking. heh.

Nice thread... it is good for some of the whiners (like me) out there to try to keep a balanced perspective of the good, the bad, and the ugly (played by the short red naked avvy that used to run around PA).

+rep.

And no, this is not the first of its kind ;) ;) ;)

As far as the direction MA has been heading lately...well..they have sort of been heading that way for the last 3 years :( It goes with the territory now, I guess.

If I were to hand over a + for MA I would hand it over to their support. My last support tickets were handled much more quickly than before (even in less than 24 hrs) and with professionalism.

So here's my +!

Sharyn.

This thread needs a bump. People have started bitching about MA again. :laugh:

I'm glad MA made a game structure such that I can just punch my username and password into the command line to log in! Makes it a lot easier to get back in the action when EU runs my PC out of memory and crashes! :wise:

ty MA for the teleport at Amathera named after me and my few Hof's and globals, always make me smile <3

...hmm somethings smells in here...
...oh got some on your nose... ;)

I agree though :) I have a positive view of MA overall, good product, high complexity, unique environment. Games of this magnitude cannot be easy to create, service, and plan. People complain about whats not here too much, when in my opinion, its got more than anything else on the market. The possibilities are limitless here, but we have to expect it takes time. We also have to expect there will be bugs, issues we dont like, but thats the nature of computers, especially with a magnitude of this caliber. The economy cant be easy to keep as balanced as it is, I have to applaud them for that for sure, its not a small account to manage thats for sure. :)

...someone have a tissue? Got something on my nose now...

Back