BP improvments, cost information

billairboy

Elite
Bill Airboy Ivanhoe
Something I wish they would add to the BP information is that they add both the tt value of the needed components and a calculated cost based on the current markup. It must be very simple to add that extra information, all the numbers are already there in game.

"current markup" is quite meaningless and has very little relationship to the cost of crafting. All that matters is how much you specifically paid.

TT cost per click is at least constant for a given bp, though again not really an indicator of how much it actually cost you to do the crafting.

I see no benefit from MA putting effort into coding this feature.

"current markup" is quite meaningless and has very little relationship to the cost of crafting. All that matters is how much you specifically paid.

TT cost per click is at least constant for a given bp, though again not really an indicator of how much it actually cost you to do the crafting.

I see no benefit from MA putting effort into coding this feature.

I see no benefit from MA touching crafting ever again. The last time they did, they made something that benefited very few and trashed the economy for everyone else.

I see no benefit from MA touching crafting ever again. The last time they did, they made something that benefited very few and trashed the economy for everyone else.
Perhaps if the information that the op is requesting was on the item info screens and/or crafting machine screens fewer crafters would rely on that bp that you say trashed the economy, which actually helped the economy in many ways...

If you are talking about explosive crafting it's brought in a lot more crafters, both new and old, that are able to play daily... who probably wouldn't be crafting at all otherwise, or would only be crafting something like once a month otherwise if explosives were not introduced.

many of those now daily crafters might just be willing to try other bps out if they had more useful info about those other bps as they gain the skills and peds to start using them...

Hell, along that line, it might be nice if MA changed some of the bp names a bit so as to stop some of the confusion that a lot of the very similar sounding names may be causing those that are not paying attention, etc.

Might also help if items like guns, tools, etc. stopped being in the hunting loot pool as those types of items should probably be crafted, especially if the looted versions are 'better' than the crafted alternatives... If the crafted versions were better and only version available, it would increase the demand for the crafted stuff, thereby increasing the markup of the resources needed to do that crafting, helping out the entire economy in general...

Might also help if every item in game that had a bp tied to it had that info on the item info screen somewhere since a lot of folks that loot new materials that are used for crafting have no clue what bp that material is associated with and if it's not in places like entropedia yet, may not know for months or years, causing those that might be willing to buy certain newly looted resources to put it off a long while, lowering the chance that there is a buyer for something as soon as it's looted...

There's actually a LOT that could be done in improving crafting. Since crafting is THE profession that usually pays more markup than the other professions in order to survive, you ought to be wanting improvements to it if crafting is not your own profession so that those improvements help your bottom line as more buyers of your own resources will become available over time as things improve.

Last edited:
Crafting might be the only thing left in EU where you actually have to think about it and work out for yourself what's likely to work well and what isn't.

Please don't dumb that down to the same level as everything else.

EDIT: I do think total TT cost per click would be a good addition to the UI though. It's not like that needs any thought.

Last edited:
Something I wish they would add to the BP information is that they add both the tt value of the needed components and a calculated cost based on the current markup. It must be very simple to add that extra information, all the numbers are already there in game.

You might already be aware of this utility , but it may help others that are not.

Bob The Builder

Both of these would be a nice feature. Cost per click should be beneficial to new users and those who may not calculate these themselves.
Plus rep for good idea

Yes, but it makes it easier to do a quick first comparison if you don't fell to do an exact calculation based on the cost you have. So I would not call it "meaningless", especially if you look at stuff you don't craft so often or never craft.

The main thing is that I would like to have the exact tt value of each need component so I will be more easy to do calculation my self. If I can see that the markup on a component is zero or only 10% I know I don't need to care so much about that one but focus on the components with high tt value and high markup. And that would be much easier if I saw that directly on the blueprint.

I would much rather like to see something like this in the BP Item Info though...

On A 1000 Click Run, At Your Current Skill Level, You Would Expect
U to V number of "Success"
W to X number of "Near Success"
Y to Z number of "Fail"

Or something like that.

* Yea...I'm probably dreaming...I know. Hahaha *

Last edited:
I would much rather like to see something like this in the BP Item Info though...

On A 1000 Click Run, At Your Current Skill Level, You Would Expect
U to V number of "Success"
W to X number of "Near Success"
Y to Z number of "Fail"

Or something like that.

* Yea...I'm probably dreaming...I know. Hahaha *

95% Chance of success has all that covered.

Another way to improve crafting... give the option to not see bps in storage in crafting machine... lots of folks hide dupes with low qr on other planets to block the view in machine... option to not show what's in storage would help that.

I thought the update that brought visibility to all storage bp's and mats a great addition.

The crafting machine shows the QR of the bp , making it fairly easy to spot the one you are working on.

...and a calculated cost based on the current markup.

This request assumes so much about crafting. Here are just a few examples of crafting where "current markup" is not as simple as you think.

• Big crafters who buy most their materials using auction orders (I.E. placing an order for 12k gazz @ 115% when "current MU" is 123%)
  • Folks who buy discounted material from soc mates/other sources
  • Crafting material that may have zero MU info for the last day, week or even month or year
  • My last crafting run involved leftover materials looted from my hunting runs, plus stuff I bought months ago, when prices were different.
Also, the "current MU" is almost entirely player-driven, not MA driven. As such, manipulation is already a huge issue.

Also, "current MU" on many high-sale items can fluctuate within seconds.
  • Someone buys 1 eye oil for 70 ped as a way to transfer ped to a player in different time zone
  • or some idiot who accidentally unloads their ped card on an auction w/o a buyout
These and other cases can drastically change that "current MU" if you are planning to craft at the wrong time.

Consider what you're asking from a coding standpoint.

Code:
totalMU = 0
<loop>
<for each ingredient>

<if dailyMU IS NOT NULL THEN>
mu=dailymu
<elseif weeklyMU IS NOT NULL THEN>
mu=weeklyMU
<elseif monthlyMU IS NOT NULL THEN>
mu=monthlyMU
<elseif yearlyMU IS NOT NULL THEN>
mu=yearlyMU
<elseif decadeMU IS NOT NULL THEN>
mu=decadeMU
<else>
 <if MU IS percentile THEN>
 mu = 100
 <else>
 mu=0
 </if>
</if>

<if MU IS percentile THEN>
totalMU = totalMU+(TT*mu/100*qty)
<elseif MU is ttplus>
totalMU = totalMU+((TT+mu)*qty)
<else>
totalMU = totalMU
</if>

</for each>
</loop>
echo totalMU
(Yes, there are easier ways to code this. Just making a quick example)

Do you want the system to choke on thousands of if/else & math calculations every time every person opens the crafting interface? You think lag is bad now?

The biggest mistake people make when making requests is assuming everyone ingame plays the same way they do. MA has to keep the game setup well for every sort of playing style. (This is a big hint about the loot system, btw.)

Now the TT/click info would be nice and easy, sinc eit's a static amount for every bp. Placed in the crafting terminal interface, I guess, since putting it on BPs themselves offers less benefit.

However, since their game system almost seems to ignore TT value for anything except trades and decay, then I would guess that MA won't be putting that info up in easy-to-read format anytime soon.

Perhaps if the information that the op is requesting was on the item info screens and/or crafting machine screens fewer crafters would rely on that bp that you say trashed the economy, which actually helped the economy in many ways...

If you are talking about explosive crafting it's brought in a lot more crafters, both new and old, that are able to play daily... who probably wouldn't be crafting at all otherwise, or would only be crafting something like once a month otherwise if explosives were not introduced.

many of those now daily crafters might just be willing to try other bps out if they had more useful info about those other bps as they gain the skills and peds to start using them...

Hell, along that line, it might be nice if MA changed some of the bp names a bit so as to stop some of the confusion that a lot of the very similar sounding names may be causing those that are not paying attention, etc.

Might also help if items like guns, tools, etc. stopped being in the hunting loot pool as those types of items should probably be crafted, especially if the looted versions are 'better' than the crafted alternatives... If the crafted versions were better and only version available, it would increase the demand for the crafted stuff, thereby increasing the markup of the resources needed to do that crafting, helping out the entire economy in general...

Might also help if every item in game that had a bp tied to it had that info on the item info screen somewhere since a lot of folks that loot new materials that are used for crafting have no clue what bp that material is associated with and if it's not in places like entropedia yet, may not know for months or years, causing those that might be willing to buy certain newly looted resources to put it off a long while, lowering the chance that there is a buyer for something as soon as it's looted...

There's actually a LOT that could be done in improving crafting. Since crafting is THE profession that usually pays more markup than the other professions in order to survive, you ought to be wanting improvements to it if crafting is not your own profession so that those improvements help your bottom line as more buyers of your own resources will become available over time as things improve.

bump this :wise: 100%

/OP I agree with TT info
current MU need resources and doesn't makes any sense as many already mentioned.

I suggest to MA dev's to remove ASAP the "near success" feature
there is no "near kill" or "near resource found"
add simple loot (random or zero per click) or "failure"!!!!

We are not idiots to understand what we loose anyway.

/OP I agree with TT info
current MU need resources and doesn't makes any sense as many already mentioned.

Yes, it's mainly TT info I first was after because I was doing a calculation and was a bit tired on being force to look up the tt value for each component. I often use my own markup for the calculation, but i still think it would a good additional information to have, even if it is not the most interesting one. But tt value only would be a good start.

Yes, it's mainly TT info I first was after because I was doing a calculation and was a bit tired on being force to look up the tt value for each component. I often use my own markup for the calculation, but i still think it would a good additional information to have, even if it is not the most interesting one. But tt value only would be a good start.

Markup could be taken from what price you bought the resources from auction. Now that would be neat, not an estimation but actual price you bought the resources for

Back