What Floats your Musical Boat, At this Very Second :)

With heavy heart that I found out today that Death has finally caught up with The Doctor, Ralph Stanly and decided not to spare him over 'til another year. I am listening to one of my bluegrass inspirations today to remember all the great songs I heard him play growing up. He and Earl Scruggs were the inspriation for me to pick up the 5 string banjo when I was a kid and learn to play those licks, rolls,hammer ons, pull offs, tunings and clawhammer styles. I never got that good but enjoyed playing and singing along to those great old songs and instrumentals. I really enjoyed seeing him the last few years at the Hardly Strickly Bluegrass festival in San Fransico Golden Gate Park even though I could see it was all he could do to just be up there on stage with his family doing what he loved. All of these musicians dying this year that I have looked up to growing up all these years are like body blows, but you just have to keep on truckin.

Funny that one of my favorites from him was not on the banjo, but acapella.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Stanley

The life and times of Ralph Stanly Documentary

Last edited:
To celebrate UK's Independence Day:

"With or without EU....." :cool:

Last edited:
Well....

Along the same lines.......

Reboot! (Who you going to call?

Okay here it is.. And darn you Fall out Boy .. you had to do this.. Ray Parker Jr. Is probably rolling over in his grave.....(or maybe it was Harold Raims..)

Had an 80's nostalgy moment on youtube. :ahh:

Oh, Nena, you are so beautiful...

Last edited:
Just love to hear this lady.

Awesome song there [FM] thank you, I'd forgotten it.

This is floating my boat at the moment. :dance:

No health and safety in 1997

Oh My!

This songs reminds me of years ago in EU! Indeed!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mac
This is beautiful..................

since you liked it also check this out!!! Played around at the same dates! Kinda old but always fresh and heartbroker :yup:
ARNO ELIAS!!! El Corazon!!!

Frank Zappa - Joe's Garage (FULL ALBUM)

From the Central Scrotinizer:

Last edited:
Little Walter - My Babe

:wtg:

Always loved Bob Marley his music. ;)

Get pinged

blast from the past:

Last edited:

Out with the old, in with the new. ;)

Kaki King - The Surface Changes

Prescripted mulch

Mood on!6666666666666666

This one is from Tides From Nebula's new album Safehaven (instrumental post-rock from my hometown).

Back